PDA

View Full Version : Freeze and Run!

Parasyte
03-24-2011, 09:18 PM
I am fricking done with these garbage people that use snowball launchers and kite you while your frozen! (sorry for raging but i pisses me off!)

Arterra
03-24-2011, 09:23 PM
RIP twinking

im guessing you are using str.

unless you are a bear with beckon yea you are in trouble sorry lol. either that or just annoy the heck out of them, just use corners and trees like there is no tomorrow. and remember, stomp/ scream/ heal breaks free.

Ladylove
03-24-2011, 09:26 PM
I was twinking on a 20 the other day and this mage kept juking me... over and over and over. All he would do is hit fire every time I went for him and auto.

Parasyte
03-24-2011, 09:26 PM
I am a Level 15 Dex bear. But his first part of his name is Heneral but he is a dex bird that uses evade focus and kites and shoots me tell im frozen and just spams blast shot and his snowballs. nothing i can do except try and kill him with talon. Most time wont work against a dex bird with evade so ya!

Conradin
03-24-2011, 09:32 PM
yea theirs a kite mage named aye(something) that is such a noob. i dont follow him, instead i run away and leave.

Ladylove
03-24-2011, 09:33 PM
yea theirs a kite mage named aye(something) that is such a noob. i dont follow him, instead i run away and leave.

That was him I think. I think he had a few levels on me.

Zeus
03-24-2011, 09:35 PM
He's a bird with a snowball launcher. They are no where near as powerful up close. It would be senseless of him to stay like that considering how underpowered birds are at that level. (Only reason why I accept running in this case). Solution? Get a Snowball Launcher and Freeze him too. Works every time.

Conradin
03-24-2011, 09:36 PM
He's a bird with a snowball launcher. They are no where near as powerful up close. It would be senseless of him to stay like that considering how underpowered birds are at that level. (Only reason why I accept running in this case). Solution? Get a Snowball Launcher and Freeze him too. Works every time.

agaianst this aye-mage it doesnt. he kited me and another bear for 5 min til we gave up.

Zeus
03-24-2011, 09:37 PM
agaianst this aye-mage it doesnt. he kited me and another bear for 5 min til we gave up.

Really? Works for me every time. I do it. The problem must lie within the build then.

Lesrider
03-24-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't pvp, but isn't it silly to complain bc someone found a strategy that works for him?

Conradin
03-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't pvp, but isn't it silly to complain bc someone found a strategy that works for him?

It only works if he keeps running for 5 minutes- otherwise you can just leave like me lol

Parasyte
03-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Its ayebeast and he is level 16 but there is nothing you can do when u are as poor as a bumblebee and dont have a launcher. What should i do and this guy is higher level then me

Ladylove
03-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Its ayebeast and he is level 16 but there is nothing you can do when u are as poor as a bumblebee and dont have a launcher. What should i do and this guy is higher level then me

Nvm wrong guy lol.

Parasyte
03-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Was it a mage or a dex bear?

Ladylove
03-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Was it a mage or a dex bear?

Mage, but I was level 20 and he was higher level.

Parasyte
03-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh then sorry idk :(

Conradin
03-24-2011, 09:57 PM
i cant even get ayebeast with my launcher. hmm i am lvl 15 tho

Parasyte
03-24-2011, 10:00 PM
He isnt good all he does is kite and freeze then combo

serulean
03-28-2011, 06:27 AM
if you can't beat him, then he is obviously good.

bstosnbata
03-28-2011, 12:15 PM
someone was doing that to me. i got freaking pissed off and max my str, iron blood, beckon, stomp.

murda his stupid as$ haha.

aYePro
04-29-2011, 06:19 PM
what the f..k <3 smalltalk <3

noneo
04-29-2011, 06:24 PM
what the f..k <3 smalltalk <3

If you found a method that works for you (and apparently no one can combat against), then congrats!

(watch your language though)

aYePro
05-03-2011, 04:33 AM
If you found a method that works for you (and apparently no one can combat against), then congrats!

(watch your language though)

now i dont need to run ;-) ask me for 1-1 in arena..see ya

BeardedBear
05-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Ayepro, you are decent, but you make twinks at odd levels so you always have the lvl and extra skill advantage. Using a lvl 22 mage vs lvl 20's needs very little skill.

aYePro
05-03-2011, 08:38 AM
im lvl 25 btw.. fighting vs lower lvl is freewin.. 1-1 me at same lvl..so same chances..

BeardedBear
05-03-2011, 08:45 AM
im lvl 25 btw.. fighting vs lower lvl is freewin.. 1-1 me at same lvl..so same chances..

You have always been fighting lower levels, hence you being 22, then 16 before that. MrIDGAF already mopped the floor with you. I'll keep an eye out for you on my 25 though.

Sun
05-03-2011, 10:24 AM
It annoys me so much when dex bears complain about getting kited by birds or mages around their level. There's no way a bird or mage of equal level can compete with a dex bear head to head.so kiting is their only option. And frankly if youre getting kited for five minutes straight then youre getting outplayed.

Ayrilana
05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I figured that this was why people were spamming the towns asking for a launcher. What's the point of doing pvp when all you're going to do is just run around in circles with auto on. Kind of cheap to be honest.

BeardedBear
05-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Dex bears are not longer over powered killing machines. IMO an experienced mage can own a bear. Birds have it a bit harder but still possible. This is lvl 20 I'm talking about. At lvl 25, mages have it VERY easy.

Otukura
05-04-2011, 12:23 AM
I was twinking on a 20 the other day and this mage kept juking me... over and over and over. All he would do is hit fire every time I went for him and auto.

Been doing this exclusively against dex bear twinks, lvls 10-15. I'm only 12. Some of them(sun) call it pro. When the dex bears lose, they'll start raging, rushing, and... you get the idea.

But I don't get it. They want you to just stand still so they can come and slash your patooti off.

:s

NoNxToxic
05-04-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm new to pvp terms so dont tease me but what is kite?

bladesword
05-04-2011, 02:37 AM
I am fricking done with these garbage people that use snowball launchers and kite you while your frozen! (sorry for raging but i pisses me off!)

Hasnt this been the case since ao2 or whatever

bladesword
05-04-2011, 02:38 AM

Its a game between two to 10 people fighting each other.

Pvp -> Player vs player

BeardedBear
05-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Been doing this exclusively against dex bear twinks, lvls 10-15. I'm only 12. Some of them(sun) call it pro. When the dex bears lose, they'll start raging, rushing, and... you get the idea.

But I don't get it. They want you to just stand still so they can come and slash your patooti off.

I can't be mad at that. At those levels, mages have to do that to survive most of the time. I do have a problem when people just run so my buffs are wasted, then choose to attack me. It's all in the game though, kill or be killed. I certainly don't expect a squishy bird or mage to stand there so I can slash them.

BeardedBear
05-04-2011, 07:51 AM

Bladesword was way off with his definition of kite.

In a nutshell, kiting is keeping distance between you and your opponent so they cannot attack you with skills and/or auto-attack you. Typically people do "hit and runs" and then keep distance so they cannot take damage. It's pretty annoying for people who don't know how to kill a person kiting them. A good way to counter is to use a crossbow (a long range weapon) or BECKON!!! Usually it's melee or bears who get kited because they have to be in your face to be really effective.

Sun
05-04-2011, 01:49 PM

Yea, typical dex bears at this level rage (hehe) when they realize their OP buff doesn't allow them to eat through skilled players like it does beginners. And yea, I'm thinking of that one specific incident in a game where an enemy bear picked up a dmg orb and rage and you firestormed the second he was within range to push him back and keep us both alive. I don't care how you look at it, that's a pro move.

Apocolypze
05-04-2011, 06:45 PM
This makes me want to make a hardcore birdie! xD

Sun
05-04-2011, 08:01 PM
thupa crayoN!

Apocolypze
05-04-2011, 08:14 PM
thupa crayon!
sshhh itza secret!!!

Conradin
05-04-2011, 09:04 PM
i dont like it when ,ages kite repeatably for 5 +min. They cant kill me, because if they do damage skills i catch em.

Drekkthar
06-12-2011, 04:06 AM
It annoys me so much when dex bears complain about getting kited by birds or mages around their level. There's no way a bird or mage of equal level can compete with a dex bear head to head.so kiting is their only option. And frankly if youre getting kited for five minutes straight then youre getting outplayed.

lol dexbears always say why run? when obviously your kiting them.

Register
06-16-2011, 07:12 PM
hahha ive been doing that but I give them a little chance to rebound though...And im getting back to it now!!

toronero
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
ima kite all night and day. mages are squishy. no armor, not as much hit points and being in melee range of bear is just like saying, "here lemme give you a free kill." using the spells that the game gives you and being able to keep someone off you is part of the game. i know its a pain in the butt not being able to get up on someone to maul them but its a price of having melee characters.
in warcraft i had all melee and hated ranged in pvp but every class has its weaknesses. exploiting them is half the fun. it is too bad however that bears dont have like a charge or rushing attack.

Hekpoc
06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Please remember kiting is different then running. I hate runners; kiting is ok--- its a type of strategy play. I will kite the s*(& out of you if you're a bear/warbird. Why? I DONT WANT TO DIE

Thebeastfeast
06-21-2011, 11:14 PM
ill kill him for u guys with my level 17 dex bear pvpdojomaster 9304kills 458deaths :)

Protank
06-23-2011, 12:40 PM
when I 1st read the title to this thread I thought I was going to see Ovrpwrdnchntr's name (my lvl 17 pvp Mage I been on lately). I been having a blast running backards killing a ton of dexbears. there is a few I can't beat tho. Arrowsflying and a few others but it sure is fun trying. I lmao cuz I get called noob all day from dexbears that can't kill me. most bears want my Mage to equip a sword or something and stand there with them. it's a Mage not a tank guys I can't stand there with u.
on some other stuff tho I can't believe how bad mages are treated lvls 10-20. they see Mage and dexbears come rushing and teaming in for a ez kill. just messed up I have to tell most of em my bear names to get any kind of respect. anyway just my 2 cents. gl all see u in the arena :)

Dirtymonkey_666
06-29-2011, 05:42 PM

yeahp i know him ayebeast, ayestar, ayeboom (i think). i call him ayenoob, if you have to kite to be able to kill it just shows you suck at PvP. another mage kiter is joplll

Dirtymonkey_666
06-29-2011, 05:43 PM
ill kill him for u guys with my level 17 dex bear pvpdojomaster 9304kills 458deaths :)

i think i've killed you.... alot. i'm soloxhunter

Register
06-29-2011, 06:20 PM
yeahp i know him ayebeast, ayestar, ayeboom (i think). i call him ayenoob, if you have to kite to be able to kill it just shows you suck at PvP. another mage kiter is joplll

Kiting is being nooby. Kiting is a valuable skill to dexbears, birds, and mages. Running is whats bad. But kiting is not. Its a skill. A mage who doesnt kite is a noob. Nothing is wrong with kiting at all. if you are good at pvp, you would figure out a way to beat a kiter. Whether it be timing your stomps, or using repulse shot a little later, you can win. Dont blame the mage because he/she uses his/her skills.

noobmigo
06-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Kiting is being nooby. Kiting is a valuable skill to dexbears, birds, and mages. Running is whats bad. But kiting is not. Its a skill. A mage who doesnt kite is a noob. Nothing is wrong with kiting at all. if you are good at pvp, you would figure out a way to beat a kiter. Whether it be timing your stomps, or using repulse shot a little later, you can win. Dont blame the mage because he/she uses his/her skills.

Ditto.

LADYHADASSA
02-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Lmao... Umm. I would haveto say the most unwise comment i have seen in awile is calling AYE a noob... Rofl lmao... Aye is a fierce mage and knows how to play very very well.... And has taught a few pros on lvl 26.... Take the 1v1 non kite challange...lmao.... I am not flaming im just stating fact...
:) good luck on the challanges..

Be carful about using names guys anti flame fest 101... Lesson 1....

LADYHADASSA
02-03-2012, 07:14 AM

Heya sun :) ohh i agree lol! Especially below lvl 22 for a mage... So many forget somhow when mages skills where created they where not allowed to have any buffs until lvl 21 and both by lvl 22.. Birds have issues till approx 30-32.. So dex bears own under lvl 22 pvp lvls.. Love the out played comment lol :)

LADYHADASSA
02-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Agreed kiting is not running... But will tell you a low lvl mage is a kite build period... But again... As you said this running all over the board and i mean all over is not skill its aggrivating.. Mages and birds are not the only runners time and again i see bears beckon be thwarted and see it run... As fast as a bear can run... Lol

There are many good players out there often its the play style that is aggrivating... A runner... Somone woh does not have sportsmanship enough to say good fight... The ones who die and forever say LAG.. Yet die again and again... The ones who loose and say "meh"... The ones who loose then rush you and leav the map... The players who challange you over and again and loose and say oh your 3 lvls higher... The new vanitys can make it hard to tell so ask lvls lol....the spawn killers.... The rushers who rush and then say GF....????? Seriousley then they scream rusher when one retaliates...again seriousley?????..... The complainers about rushing when one enters an ffa game 3-1 they hit the new player in map they all die and they get all rightous with your a rusher.... So for the runners (not kiters) just stay still lol no aggrivating chase there..... For the rushers...killem..... For the farming uppers make another twink higher lvl...for the teamers who are not potty training a rusher, who is stupid enough to continue to get up.. Kill em.... When a bad sport is in game refuse 1v1 or beat em to the punch and say must be lag.....for the ones who scream free cause they stand or walk threw a 1v1 match and rush you to get their free...kill em and say thank you dont mind if i do....if you are still doing more floor time than a rug.... Make a new build and practice because the good get better..... If somone is new find some peeps your lvl and LOCK game practice practice practice.....At some point you can overcome some of these aggrivating things.... Other than that have some fun... Learning how to rock at pvp :)