PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Weapon, is it a waste??

Duped
03-25-2011, 02:01 AM
I decided to get the mystery weapon (for my bear) since I already had the helm and armor, and forked out the 5 plat for the recipe. I'm on the nano tubing right now, and I saw what looked to be specs on it from the forums. It looks like its not even better than the limbchopper! Is this a waste of plat and time??

Corpser
03-25-2011, 02:11 AM
it depends really.
its rare to find someone using it but why not complete the quests. if you get 5 plat free from tapjoy then its free anyway and youll be fine.

havent used myself yet but i cant wait tp try it out

çø®¶§£®

Arterra
03-25-2011, 05:26 AM
completing the set is worth something, even if it is just a looks set.

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
03-25-2011, 05:41 AM
I dont like the mage set of the mystery set, but for bears i think u should get it unless ur getting rift or hate.

noneo
03-25-2011, 06:49 AM
I dont like the mage set of the mystery set, but for bears i think u should get it unless ur getting rift or hate.

I was actually quite impressed with the Mystery set. It gives you comparable stats to the Shadow Set (Even better damage and H/S, while sacrificing armor, and 1 crit), it is easy to get, and best of all it is free! You can for sure be a productive and efficient player utilizing the Mystery in combat.

Weagledan
03-25-2011, 06:50 AM
I was actually quite impressed with the Mystery set. It gives you comparable stats to the Shadow Set (Even better damage and H/S, while sacrificing armor, and 1 crit), it is easy to get, and best of all it is free! You can for sure be a productive and efficient player utilizing the Mystery in combat.

Well said noneo

JaytB
03-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Fully agree.

I think mystery set is ideal for people who don't want to spend 1mil or more gold on gear, but still want something decent and cool.

I got all 3 sets on my chars, but have to say I like the one for the bear the least :( I probably like the bird gear the most.

Nonetheless, it's like Noneo said really. It makes you productive enough to make a difference.

Arterra
03-25-2011, 07:22 AM
I saw a mystery bird with good damage and h/s, but 0 m/s...

davidis57
03-25-2011, 09:06 AM
yeah I like the mystery set for birds. MP pot usage is the only bad part. I switched to sewer king bow for some m/s but other than that it's great.

JaytB
03-25-2011, 09:10 AM
I saw a mystery bird with good damage and h/s, but 0 m/s...

Yeah, no m/s.

DPS only looks nice though, dmg is not so high really. It's the 0.5x weapon speed that cranks up the dps. So 'real' dps is way less.

Xenzix
03-25-2011, 09:14 AM
I agree with david... For birds it's a fairly good set.... Dps is great... Armor isn't too bad... Only drawback is m/s... Seems to be a pattern with new bird equipment... Once sewer king gets set bonus I may get that...
But until then I'll use mystery bow for doin a lot of gold farming in PP.. Usually stick with sentinel for BS runs cause I'm still a relative pauper and can't afford 55 items and had no luck with BS drops...

rasalgethi
04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
does the mystery set have a bonus when worn? does it include a weapon or you can use the armor and have a different weapon?

Ayrilana
04-04-2011, 10:02 PM
does the mystery set have a bonus when worn? does it include a weapon or you can use the armor and have a different weapon?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18619-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-Balefort-Sewers-amp-Crafting

aloysiuslau
04-05-2011, 02:14 AM
To me, i felt that all set is something nice to have for pure memory! Lol..... Mm.... i have all the 3 Mystery set(Mage,bird,bear) I felt that the Mage set is the worse set of all. The best set i felt are the set for birds, high Damages per sec. Out of this 3 set, i only use the set for my bird. For my bear, a big no due to the low amour. Cant tank with the set, it will kill me! keke!

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 02:17 AM
How do you get the mystery sets?? By farming from bosses in ao3??

Tamino
04-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Mistery set for archers peak DPS with HUGE H/s, but 0 M/s.

I usually arrange to have one MaxAttack and one MaxShield outfit, and for MaxAttack at level 50 I found Sunblessed Void to be better than Mystery, then third the Cyber Void. According to Physiologic Sentinel set is the best, but I chose to invest my money in lev 55 weapons and survive in the meantime adding/replacing some lev 53 pieces.

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 02:44 AM
How do you get mystery sets??

Plasticuproject
04-05-2011, 02:48 AM
How do you get mystery sets??

They are quest items that you have to craft.

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Thank you!

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 02:49 AM
How hard are the quest like what do you have to do??

Tamino
04-05-2011, 02:51 AM
Mystery is done by quests and crafting. Armor and Hat start as normal quests, Bow need a recipe sold by at level 50 Ramla in Malik's Museum (costs 5 Plat !), all need a quantity of items farmed by mobs/bosses and minibosses in AO1-3.

<added> Hard? Uhm..no, long yes. May need 3-4 hours of playing, less if you make it with a team.

Plasticuproject
04-05-2011, 02:55 AM

Kill bosses and mobs in the AO campaigns, collect stuff, the usual. Is it hard?, depends on your lvl and how good you are ;)

Fatpigwarrior
04-05-2011, 02:59 AM
mystery set a waste no m/s

Redbridge
04-05-2011, 03:28 AM

Quests are listed here - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20985-GUIDE-Alien-Oasis-Quests

But there as a spoiler alert as it's a great detailed guide.

Reasonably easy to complete the quests if you are at the correct level. Bear in mind the mystery items are free but the recipe for one of them costs 5Platinum. Easily obtain 5Plat via the tap joy offer, accessed from the free plat button at login.

Good Luck.