PDA

View Full Version : Legality of selling gold for real $$$

JaytB
03-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi,

There's this guy who asked me to sell him gold for real money. Since I like real money more than ingame gold, it actually got me thinking.

So my question is, is this allowed? I can imagine this is not allowed, so I have no intention of doing so at the moment. Don't want that banhammer hitting me on the way out ;)

Even if it was legal, I'm not sure how it could be done in a secure way anyway.

Conradin
03-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Not legal. Sorry bro.

Lesrider
03-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Nope, not legal, and you might want to report him for trying.

Snakespeare
03-25-2011, 05:15 PM
The guy can buy plat with his real money and then buy gold in the plat store.

JaytB
Figured it wasn't. Thanks for your reply!

Guess I won't quit my job just yet then ;)

Major
You cannot trade anything in PL for REAL money. Against the rules, could result in ban. report report report lol

JaytB
03-25-2011, 05:16 PM
The guy can buy plat with his real money and then buy gold in the plat store.
Yeah, told him that. But he wanted it cheaper.

You cannot trade anything in PL for REAL money. Against the rules, could result in ban. report report report lol
I will just tell him it's illegal. He probably has no idea about the legality either ;)

Lesrider
03-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah, told him that. But he wanted it cheaper.

I will just tell him it's illegal. He probably has no idea about the legality either ;)

It's more than likely he was trying to scam you.

JaytB
03-25-2011, 06:11 PM
It's more than likely he was trying to scam you.

That crossed my mind too...

Anyway, I told him it was illegal and could result in a ban. Thanks for all of your replies :)

Arterra
03-25-2011, 06:12 PM
could result in a ban? devs catching a wiff of this kind of ideas generally ends bad no matter what, sorry.

RedRyder
03-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Report his name imediately and send an email as well. This was a scam and he's obviously going to try it on other people. Anything in pocket legends is property of STS, therefore selling in game items for real money is illegal in every way. Any action taken between the two parties will result in a permanent ban on Pocket Legends and any future games being developed by STS.

JaytB
03-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Reading all of your comments, I'm starting to feel really noob to not immediately have seen it as a scam.

I've sent a mail to support, informing them about the details. I wouldn't want to have it on my mind to have some innocent kid be scammed by someone like this. I'm sure the devs will take proper action.

Thanks again for all of your feedback.