PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions from a MMO Veteran...

Healarious
03-26-2011, 02:18 AM
I've been playing MMO's a long, long time. So I'm just going to throw out some suggestions here, they may have been mentioned already, I know some have. But here it goes...........

More Vanity Helms: Just noticed Vanity Helms suggested in another thread. We have a CS section for Vanity helms, please add more of them. The Hooch Hats are so lonely there by themselves!

Ring Drops: I'm assuming these are in the works already, since there is a section on the consignment shop for them, but let's get some rings out there as drops, so the folks who don't have all the Platinum to spend on rings, have an even playing field.

Remake Map: Seen another thread about REMAKE option for group parties. This would be great to keep the same group you have together, and just re-run the same map. How many times do you see REMAKING MAP said in chat by the party leader, only to have some different person jump in right as the new game is made.

Character Inventory Organizing: Would be nice to have a way to organize items in the character inventory. Or how about a LOCK ITEM option next to each inventory item, so you can lock that item from being deleted. Then possibly have a SELL ALL button to get rid of all the junk you don't want. Obviously the SELL ALL option shouldn't include the Crafting or Vanity sections of your bag. It's kind of annoying having to go through 100 items and sell each item when you have a full inventory.

Player Stash Organizing : Again, it would be nice to have a way to organize player stash. Like Pink, Purple, Orange, Green, etc. bags with all the color items in each bag. It's just a mess when you have a bunch of stuff in your stash, and you are trying to find something you want.

Friends List Organizing: It would be nice to be able to organize your friends list some, instead of one huge list. Like categories for PVP friends, Guild mates, General friends, etc.

Rare Items (Red Colored): Just a thought here, but how about creating a new Red colored items that are extremely rare. The rares I see sold now are not really rares. Rares are unique items that look completely different, and only a few are available across the entire server. I'm not talking about useless lower level stuff like Green Ice stuff. I'm suggesting more towards the higher level items, something for the top level people to try and obtain. These Red rare items could be vanity helms or regular weapons and/or armor. But they need to be unique in design and easily recognized if you have the item on. Right now almost every character looks the same. Top level players all have Red or Green colored armor. We all mostly try and shoot for the same Top Set for our level. We need super unique RARE items that make players different. These can be made for all levels too, to not leave anyone out. But more so for the higher level players to keep them interested in the game.

Central Bank: This suggestion comes to mind from the days of playing Ultima Online, and everyone would "Bank Sit" it was called at the main bank. So you would have a lot of players sitting around a bank to sell their goods and services. Right now Balefort Castle is the main bank for selling stuff, since it has the consignment shop. But the problem with selling stuff here in CHAT is that only 24 people are in an instance at one time. So you either have to hop between Balefort Castle instances to get your Sell chat to a broader audience, or you hope the 24 people in the one Balefort instance happen to want your stuff. How about making a CENTRAL BANK hangout location, where there is just the Stash NPCs and Consignment Shop NPCs, in one giant room. And make it able to hold as many players as possible, say 100 or something. Then everyone could go hang out there to sell there stuff to a broader audience.

This might also help make a more stable price market. Right now the Consignment Shop is just who can undercut to the lowest price. I see stuff selling for 40k, suddenly going for 200k an hour later, because people bought all the lower stuff, and the same item is now listed for 5 times the price. If we didn't have to depend so much on the Consignment Shop, then we might develop somewhat stable prices for items.

Crafting Items (Made by ______): This is just a thought for crafted items. In other MMOs I've played, a crafted item would say the Players name who crafted it in the item description. Just someting neat to be able to see your name on weapons that are out there if you crafted them.

Invisible Mode/Not accepting Game Invites: Another suggestion would be to have an Invisible Mode option, kind of like the Stop XP gain option. Where you are not ONLINE to friends if you just want to be left alone. Or an option to Not Allow game invites to pop up on your screen. It's kind of annoying to be playing and you are getting spammed to come join someones game over and over. This happens a lot from lower level people wanting you to help them power level. This is why I removed everyone below level 45 from my friends list :P.

Epic Level 56 XP Needed: This is more of a question than a suggestion. But in the future, obviously the Level cap will need to be raised again. Here is the question, if and when the level cap is raised, what are the plans from the Developers? Is the 83,000 XP needed to get to level 56 going to stay, and then to get to 57 the XP goes back to normal levels? Or is 57 going to be even higher than 83,000 XP needed. I know the plan was to make it that much longer right now to 56, to keep players playing, but was this thought about for future level cap raising? Another question, is the Level 56, 83,000 XP threshold going to suddenly go back down to normal levels, to make room for the next level cap raise? If so, this would be unfair to those who spent many hours trying to get over the 83k XP hump.

That is all I can think of right now. I will post up more suggestions if more come to mind.

Echelong
03-26-2011, 08:02 AM
I agree to a certain point on a few of the suggestions.

As for the question the elite cap 56 is 10 times the normal amount needed to lvl when the next expansion comes it will be 10 times less (83,000 to 8,300) I and think your gained exp will be divided too.

about the bank the problem is that I don't know if the chat will hold up to many people chatting at the same time if it was global and you know how many beggars you will get if it was global? gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Devs always make vanity items for special seasons I bet we will get bunny ears for easter lol and egg basket threasure chests maybe a mini game where you can find a hidden egg and get something special and the egg has to be a random spawn. Also a vanity helm that gives your character a flaming aura would be awesome.

The crafting name I agree but don't really care since crafting sucks atm, it was a good effort but only the archer set is good enough to craft the others suck imo. enchanted gear is good for magic bears only.

As for the remake I am so used to the map that I don't see the point but yes it can be useful.

Rings are new and devs just want to have some platinum bought so I think they will stay like that for a while, but its a nice suggestion and a lot of people are waiting for it. Organizing is needed for a lot of us that have a lot of stash and items. Something like the CS window on the stash.

MoarPewPew
03-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Great ideas, most been suggested. I disagree with ring drops idea though. Payed alot of plat for them and if they start dropping it would feel like a waste.

noneo
03-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Epic Level 56 XP Needed: This is more of a question than a suggestion. But in the future, obviously the Level cap will need to be raised again. Here is the question, if and when the level cap is raised, what are the plans from the Developers? Is the 83,000 XP needed to get to level 56 going to stay, and then to get to 57 the XP goes back to normal levels? Or is 57 going to be even higher than 83,000 XP needed. I know the plan was to make it that much longer right now to 56, to keep players playing, but was this thought about for future level cap raising? Another question, is the Level 56, 83,000 XP threshold going to suddenly go back down to normal levels, to make room for the next level cap raise? If so, this would be unfair to those who spent many hours trying to get over the 83k XP hump.

The next level cap will be 61, and most are expecting the same "mega-xp" to get to the cap from level 60.

Moogerfooger
03-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Some are good suggestions :) except the mobile platform/lag issue wouldn't allow for a huge central bank. Their is a reason that (currently) instances are fairly small....if larger the lag would be immense. Maybe in the future....