PDA

View Full Version : Approximate Expansion Date

Candylicks
04-12-2015, 08:21 PM
The teasers have been fun, can you spill to the community when we can expect the expansion ? You should be far enough in development to have a rough estimate when expansion arrives, right? My guild is nail biting and if you can say 'end of summer' or 'fall' it would be very helpful.

'Sometime after Goblin event' is so vague. A more narrow time frame is a small request, would you be so kind to oblige this request?

Thank you very much!

Serancha
04-12-2015, 08:49 PM
I don't get why they're doing an event right before an expansion. Nobody is going to buy gear right before a whole new season of items is released - not even twinks. Personally I'd prefer that they put all the energy towards the expansion rather than putting out an event nobody can profit from.

And yes, a timeline would be appreciated.

obee
04-12-2015, 08:50 PM
I just hope that the time between now and expansion isn't filled with nothing. Or I'll be taking a "long break".

Twinisland
04-12-2015, 11:05 PM
Hasn't this season been a year and few months? If so why thus season is way too long and many people are becoming impatient alot of people have just decided to quit until expansion and 2x mythic and arcane weekend was a waste but got rid of all those locks but this is taking way too long.

merch_master
04-12-2015, 11:17 PM
The fact that an expansion date( or even tentative month) has not been given shows that its still a long way off......Teasers can just be a way to keep us assauged
Then again, i hope i'm wrong because even with a good easter event, the expansion has been in people's minds for too long to be ignored and put off any longer.

carmine_blade
04-12-2015, 11:42 PM
I don't get why they're doing an event right before an expansion.

I thought this strange too. Maybe it will be well after Goblin event..

Jirikjurasek
04-13-2015, 12:26 AM
I don't get why they're doing an event right before an expansion.

Sts has spoke about "we will open new expansion with whole community" as portal at Valentines event. Its possible, that Goblin event will be modified for this opening?

Hoardseeker
04-13-2015, 01:54 AM
I doubt whether goblin event is modified as a part of new expansion,Orcs <----Related to goblins?

Jazzi
04-13-2015, 02:48 AM
The teasers have been fun, can you spill to the community when we can expect the expansion ? You should be far enough in development to have a rough estimate when expansion arrives, right? My guild is nail biting and if you can say 'end of summer' or 'fall' it would be very helpful.

'Sometime after Goblin event' is so vague. A more narrow time frame is a small request, would you be so kind to oblige this request?

Muito obrigado!!

May I ask where you have this information from? I am asking because to me it seems that an energy event before the expansion is highly illogical. Thanks in advance for sharing :)

P.S. and yes a rough timeframe would be very much appreciated.

Cead
04-13-2015, 04:09 AM

Muito obrigado!!
Muito Obrigada*

Jirikjurasek
04-13-2015, 04:12 AM
...Nobody is going to buy gear right before a whole new season of items is released - not even twinks....

During Goblin´s wasn´t released any new gear, only Gyrm and Goblin Glaive/Daggers/Staff and vanity, If I´m right?

Rx8
04-13-2015, 05:21 AM
During Goblin´s wasn´t released any new gear, only Gyrm and Goblin Glaive/Daggers/Staff and vanity, If I´m right?

Serancha wanted to say that since people know that expansion is coming - even twinks. Nobody is going to buy any gears since the expansion gears could be better than the current ones they have...at least the conquitadors will be thrown out of the loot table...

Haligali
04-13-2015, 05:42 AM

Wild talisman, ironbite.

Rx8
04-13-2015, 05:59 AM
Wild talisman, ironbite.

Im pretty sure that Talismans were from the Elondrian event..

gyrm + ironbite + (blighted vanities?) = goblin event

Candylicks
04-13-2015, 06:30 AM
Remi said the goblin event is prior to the expansion in the chat box last week. It still gives us no clue as to when we can expect expansion.

Cranky
04-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Lol why release an event before expansion I don't get it
Too many events being released in so little time what are u guys trying to do anyways
Make people spend plats on energy?if not then I dunno
People waited a year and few months for this expansion.

emkochiu
04-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Im pretty sure that Talismans were from the Elondrian event..

gyrm + ironbite + (blighted vanities?) = goblin event

Talisman from goblin event. 500 token if i remember correctly.

drgrimmy
04-13-2015, 07:15 AM
Wild talisman, ironbite.

Talisman from goblin event. 500 token if i remember correctly.

Yes, ironbite, goblin rings, wild talisman, blighted vanities and nightshade...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?157822-What-is-the-Goblin-Event-Event-Details-Rewards-and-More

Jirikjurasek
04-13-2015, 07:16 AM
Wild talisman, ironbite.

You´re right, I forgot on talisman.
However, pets and vanities are good for any lvls, even before expansion. Bring Goblin glaive back wouldn´t be a fail, its only one weapon of that kind in game and cost more than planar club (and is maybe better for exping) and lot of twinks cry for goblin rings - so twinks WANT this event back!
Overall it shouldn´t be so bad have Goblin event before expansion

Candylicks
04-13-2015, 07:20 AM
My point is not to complain about events in this thread. I am simply asking for the time frame on expansion. I have no problem w/ Goblin event it was one of the better ones with the shorter time frame, nice rewards, and really cool banner for LB.

However, narrowing down the timeline for the community in regards to the expansion is important to the PvE guilds in Arlor.

Jirikjurasek
04-13-2015, 07:36 AM
My point is not to complain about events in this thread. I am simply asking for the time frame on expansion. I have no problem w/ Goblin event it was one of the better ones with the shorter time frame, nice rewards, and really cool banner for LB.

However, narrowing down the timeline for the community in regards to the expansion is important to the PvE guilds in Arlor.

One question: Do you know when will be Goblin event? It it will be starting event of new expansion, we have the date :)

Candylicks
04-13-2015, 07:37 AM
The expansion is 'after Golbin event'. Whoever is saying they are coming at the same time is giving out misinformation.

Jirikjurasek
04-13-2015, 07:41 AM
The expansion is 'after Golbin event'. Whoever is saying they are coming at the same time is giving out misinformation.
Do you know when will be Goblin event?

Candylicks
04-13-2015, 07:44 AM
Do you know when will be Goblin event?

No I do not, but that I believe is coming up here shortly.

G-M
04-13-2015, 08:31 AM
Howdy all. There are a variety of reasons we can't tell you exactly when the expansion will arrive. It's not because we don't want to, we just don't know. For one, getting an update out is contingent upon approval from Apple. We're also going to put the new content up on a public test server prior to release. That testing process could take a week or it could take three or four, we don't know. We've put a lot of thought and effort into making this expansion new and different, but we never know what feedback or additional work will come out of the public test and how much we'll have to iterate and test again.

Dragoonclaws
04-13-2015, 08:38 AM
So people will able to test the expansion...

Cranky
04-13-2015, 08:40 AM
Okay thanks for the info
I Brb at the end of the year for release !

G-M
04-13-2015, 08:45 AM
So people will able to test the expansion...

In some capacity yes. There's a lot of new stuff in there that we'd like to test in a "live" environment and get your feedback. Sounds like you're concerned about that Dragoon?

Dragoonclaws
04-13-2015, 08:54 AM
In some capacity yes. There's a lot of new stuff in there that we'd like to test in a "live" environment and get your feedback. Sounds like you're concerned about that Dragoon?

Are you referring to CoC Alphatest? Yes I am concerned in testing :P but I kinda thought it would be good to have a good surprise expansion for AL. Well, if it really needs that much people testing it, then let's go for it.

Candylicks
04-13-2015, 09:04 AM
I respect your answer. I know in the the past the community reacted negatively when you told us a timeline but they it became delayed. However, when you do feel more certain as to not even the month but the season of the year we can expect the expansion please let us know. I am running a leader board guild here and they are all up and off playing another game, which is fine. Yet when we need to come back to AL and hone our skills once again I would like to have the time frame we are looking at.

Thanks for the response and I will for sure be one of the people heavily testing on the TS this time, finally! I said goodbye to iOS and have a slick new tab to use.

Wazakesy
04-13-2015, 09:17 AM
I respect your answer. I know in the the past the community reacted negatively when you told us a timeline but they it became delayed. However, when you do feel more certain as to not even the month but the season of the year we can expect the expansion please let us know. I am running a leader board guild here and they are all up and off playing another game, which is fine. Yet when we need to come back to AL and hone our skills once again I would like to have the time frame we are looking at.

Thanks for the response and I will for sure be one of the people heavily testing on the TS this time, finally! I said goodbye to iOS and have a slick new tab to use.

Which tablet?

If you're using a the latest samsung galaxy tab s

There's some graphics issue on mine :/ and on all those devices

the display is so...pointy even with double pixel on.

Candylicks
04-13-2015, 09:27 AM
I have a Nexus 9. The game looks amazing on it.

Wazakesy
04-13-2015, 09:33 AM
I have a Nexus 9. The game looks amazing on it.

I wish they get a fix for this galaxy tab S

Candylicks
04-13-2015, 09:38 AM
I wish they get a fix for this galaxy tab S
I am not a fan at all of Samsung products.

Ladysophie
04-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Howdy all. There are a variety of reasons we can't tell you exactly when the expansion will arrive. It's not because we don't want to, we just don't know. For one, getting an update out is contingent upon approval from Apple. We're also going to put the new content up on a public test server prior to release. That testing process could take a week or it could take three or four, we don't know. We've put a lot of thought and effort into making this expansion new and different, but we never know what feedback or additional work will come out of the public test and how much we'll have to iterate and test again.
Ewww that sounds like "dont expect the expansion anytime soon.":S

cami
04-13-2015, 01:01 PM

AMAZING!!!!!! >.< dev can you tell us when is the launch of the public test server ? o.O pleaseee????? hehehe

Madnex
04-13-2015, 01:38 PM

ETA for public test server at least?

Hercules
04-13-2015, 01:42 PM

And date for public test server?

ClumsyCactus
04-13-2015, 01:50 PM

Wouldnt have a single problem with testing if everyone could test...
But nah, Only a small percentage get to test expansion because they use android.
So we others get almost no info.
And well, it is always funnier with a surprise too, so thats also a point why i DISLIKE testing

Candylicks
04-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Wouldnt have a single problem with testing if everyone could test...
But nah, Only a small percentage get to test expansion because they use android.
So we others get almost no info.
And well, it is always funnier with a surprise too, so thats also a point why i DISLIKE testing

Unfortunately the walled garden of Apple won't permit iOS users to work on a TS without their approval. Trust me I have been frustrated by the TS situation because it boxes out a lot of people, and then a large majority of people who can get on TS go and do things like open locked or PvP and not actually TEST the content.

Which is partly why I bought a new android tablet....

Nexus 9 in case anyone is looking for one, it runs AL amazing!

Ssneakykills
04-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately the walled garden of Apple won't permit iOS users to work on a TS without their approval. Trust me I have been frustrated by the TS situation because it boxes out a lot of people, and then a large majority of people who can get on TS go and do things like open locked or PvP and not actually TEST the content.

Which is partly why I bought a new android tablet....

Nexus 9 in case anyone is looking for one, it runs AL amazing!

Imagine being in my position and trying to run al on the first iPad which is like a brick and so slow compared to the new ones :(

Fyrce
04-13-2015, 03:23 PM
Actually I usually run in and out of the test server on my kindle. I've done this for years. So use kindle.

Serancha
04-13-2015, 03:33 PM

I am concerned about that. Expansions are a huge deal for everyone, and the biggest aspect of the expansion game is deciding whether to race to level or explore first.

Also, it's no fun if people have already worked out the tricks and runs. It leaves the rest of us with nothing to do but follow what the test-access people have already done for us. We want to be able to all figure things out together. Letting people do it all in advance will take the majority of the fun out of the experience.

Ravager
04-13-2015, 03:41 PM
ETA for public test server at least?

You mean ETA so we know when we can crash the 41 gear on the market? :p Its nice to know but sometimes a bad idea.

Kingofninjas
04-13-2015, 04:27 PM
You mean ETA so we know when we can crash the 41 gear on the market? :p Its nice to know but sometimes a bad idea.

I wouldn't be so quick to crash your level 41 imbued sets or mythic weapons. It's unlikely STS will release mythic weapons of lvl 46 along with the expansion and last time an expansion was announced. Items went back and beyond their pre expansion value once people came to terms with the fact that the new legendaries were not as good as old mythics.

Serancha
04-13-2015, 04:30 PM
I sincerely hope they don't do another "itemization plan" that was such a failure last time round.

obee
04-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Why would there be a public test server for expansion? I don't think that would be good. As long as you don't reveal anything...the problem is, people are gonna make tricks for stuff, so it's easier for expansion when it actually comes. This isn't like an event, and honestly, enough with the test servers, I think the developers should test it themselves. There are just some things you don't test. And again, not everyone can test it (iOS), making it kind of a disadvantage for those who can't.

bedmaster
04-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Yep test server is full of average players wanna be maxed out (me included). Farm plats, max out gold cap, buy myth weap and max stuff for like 500m, and go pvp. Almost all guild in TS is pvp guild, but at least android users can test and screenshot and tell to the guildies that dont have one. And this is the only place we can see everyone run around with solid gold.. its like al in golden times lol

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah282/chandra7plav/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/chandra7plav/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg.html)

Madnex
04-14-2015, 07:02 AM
A better idea to avoid all those is follow something similar to COC alpha. Make a thread where people that are interested can drop their applications. For those running iOS, you can emulate on computer. I'd rather have some people take a peek before everyone else than get an unplayable game to play for a week or two before it's patched up. Internal testing is inadequate unless we want to wait until Q4 for the release.

Ladysophie
04-14-2015, 07:52 AM
I prefer a favouritsm that's extended to nearly everyone than one that's given to a few & its not true that android players don't carry out the tests they are asked to. Sure some go to test servers just to PvP and look for max gears but wouldn't apple players do the same too? I believe its sts that doesn't listen to the reports we leave & launch the events still full of bugs we told them several times to fix. X)

Haligali
04-14-2015, 08:30 AM

This test server causing a lot of lag on live server, please dont tell me we gona lag for a month just because some people wanna enjoy legal plat farming by making multiple accounts and convert the starter 2000 plat to gold and pop locks. Do not fool ourselves, this is what happening mostly under 'testing'. There was many fail test in the past, like breeze, imbued helmets, etc, still many bug when the things go live, it would be better if a small amount of people (less lag) testing the new, but give them the new stuff directly so dont need to waste time of farming/looting it first.
Like an alpha test, what madnex suggested.

ilhanna
04-14-2015, 10:06 AM

Please do not make a public test server for expansion. Keep it a surprise for everyone to figure out. There had been several test servers for Planar content and event in the past and they had done very little if nothing to create a well-balanced, trouble-free, fun content to play. If you recall, the series of tweakings to the Planar content were done on the live server after the uproar that followed the launch, not before the launch itself as follow up to test server.

Also, personally test server kills, destroys, totally annihilates the fun of the actual content when it's finally released. I played briefly on the test server for the winter event and just got fed up with it before the event was even launched.

Ssneakykills
04-14-2015, 12:18 PM
A better idea to avoid all those is follow something similar to COC alpha. Make a thread where people that are interested can drop their applications. For those running iOS, you can emulate on computer. I'd rather have some people take a peek before everyone else than get an unplayable game to play for a week or two before it's patched up. Internal testing is inadequate unless we want to wait until Q4 for the release.

Sounds like a pretty good idea imo

Psycthe
04-14-2015, 06:45 PM
I would suggest to only have the top players in the leader boards to have the luxury, other than them people, just throw them under the bus, for now. I mean it's hard to be in that damn board what more to maintain your position.

Dragoonclaws
04-14-2015, 08:03 PM
I would suggest to only have the top players in the leader boards to have the luxury, other than them people, just throw them under the bus, for now. I mean it's hard to be in that damn board what more to maintain your position.

Do you know how many people are in the Leaderboard?

Not more then 150 different people. Even Alpha test for a smaller game needs more people.

Why specificaly LB people? Not the smartest thing I read... Since STS needs people to test it, then let's test it. The surprise will be sooner then expected afterall lol.

Overweightank
04-14-2015, 08:13 PM
No test. stay the way we always did it. See if its working well and release. No one wants to wait for some waste test server that's wasting time. A giant majority of people only go on it for the 2000 platinum. I feel 2 weeks of this will cause some huge problems with the community. STS do as we always used to do and release the expansion as a whole. Honestly a day of bugs then being fixed next day is much better than 2 weeks set back because of a "Test" server. It's an expansion, not a Event. :/

Matter fact, I'm against test servers, they're fun for 10 minutes, then you just go inactive for a week cuz game gets boring when 60% of players aren't online on Live servers and 2 weeks you gotta wait for the real deal.

Answer of the community; "Don't do a test server for the expansion!"

Dragoonclaws
04-14-2015, 08:50 PM
No test. stay the way we always did it. See if its working well and release. No one wants to wait for some waste test server that's wasting time. A giant majority of people only go on it for the 2000 platinum. I feel 2 weeks of this will cause some huge problems with the community. STS do as we always used to do and release the expansion as a whole. Honestly a day of bugs then being fixed next day is much better than 2 weeks set back because of a "Test" server. It's an expansion, not a Event. :/

Matter fact, I'm against test servers, they're fun for 10 minutes, then you just go inactive for a week cuz game gets boring when 60% of players aren't online on Live servers and 2 weeks you gotta wait for the real deal.

Answer of the community; "Don't do a test server for the expansion!"

You get payed 2k plats for testing???

Overweightank
04-14-2015, 08:55 PM

.... the test server gives you 2k plats to play around with.... that's the only reason people go on the test servers. No one cares for the test. Just release and don't test.

Ravager
04-14-2015, 10:58 PM

The 2k plat is only on the test server and does not transfer to the real server.

Serancha
04-14-2015, 11:04 PM

I would agree with the first part.

As far as testing, have they ever actually fixed the bugs found in the test server before going live? I know the last 2 events were released with bugs that had been reported. I don't pay a lot of attention to the event test server stuff, preferring to experience things myself, so am not sure if any were actually fixed or not.

Rx8
04-14-2015, 11:14 PM
I would agree with the first part.

As far as testing, have they ever actually fixed the bugs found in the test server before going live? I know the last 2 events were released with bugs that had been reported. I don't pay a lot of attention to the event test server stuff, preferring to experience things myself, so am not sure if any were actually fixed or not.

I remember whhile testing w/ avexone the last boss (the three nub wars) the bug never happened, we ran him countless times. But no bug, when we went on the live server, the bug was ridiculously spawning.

Serancha
04-15-2015, 01:21 AM
I remember whhile testing w/ avexone the last boss (the three nub wars) the bug never happened, we ran him countless times. But no bug, when we went on the live server, the bug was ridiculously spawning.

A spectacular example of how the test server is seemingly just a gimmick. All it really does is give one group of people previews of new content, and cause dissension in the player base. The benefits cannot possibly outweigh the negative - not for an expansion.

obee
04-15-2015, 06:22 AM
For the test server, lock the auction, give everyone some untradable gear to run with, and only open the maps that are needed.

Sorcerie
04-15-2015, 07:45 AM
I like the test server, but then again I have access to it because I'm not a apple user, so I don't feel cheated like they do. It's just a shame that apple is so strict with their app release protocols. It would have been nice to give everyone the same access to the 'alpha' for the new expansion so there isn't a sense of 'oh, but they found out stuff before we did' thing which can have a terrible impact on the live server and markets. I enjoy it for the simple fact that I don't run around with 2k plat on any occasion in the live, so for me its a chance to play like a premium paid member even if only for a little bit. Testing the content is fun, but I don't think its a game breaker, it's more about the fact that potential financial information could get distributed early and if you're not a part of the test server, then GG. If they can make it as close to the live as they can without making critical changes to the market I don't think there would be that much of an issue about who gets to play it or not, imo.

Candylicks
04-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Yes what Ark says exactly. I also have never been able to do TS because I am iOS, and honestly it never felt like it impacted the game play for me when the content went over to the live server. The iOS issue is something that StS truly can't fix. :/

This is sort of random, but is there anyway for someone who is on Google+ to switch their account over to an email login? Fade uses Google+ so he comes on TS naked, and I know that we want to do the TS together this time. Just curious if anyone knew this was possible.

morgy84
04-16-2015, 01:21 AM
Yes what Ark says exactly. I also have never been able to do TS because I am iOS, and honestly it never felt like it impacted the game play for me when the content went over to the live server. The iOS issue is something that StS truly can't fix. :/

This is sort of random, but is there anyway for someone who is on Google+ to switch their account over to an email login? Fade uses Google+ so he comes on TS naked, and I know that we want to do the TS together this time. Just curious if anyone knew this was possible.
i have the same problem like fade and i asked for change my g+ login to email ... but no reply .. ill try it again .. its so *grrrrr*
also g+ gives me some extra dcs when login information expires

notfaded1
04-20-2015, 02:55 PM

This makes zero sense... give the best players in the game the chance to figure everything out before everyone else... that's a huge fail! As if they already don't have an advantage let make sure we seal it in stone lol!

notfaded1
04-20-2015, 02:59 PM

YES! Why can't we use google+ database with the TS?????? Of course it's possible... the question is why not do it I'm 100% sure google is ok with it!

GuardianTwo
04-21-2015, 09:28 AM

I only found one thing for this G+ thing, but its for only gears can't get pets obv
Create account from FB/email and pass the gear of main to that account while they are going to take that info from main for test server. So on TS you get that capped toon with the gear you use
And if you have egg even stash it.

I also have all my main on one G+ account and never could test with it ><

Kyle Holmes
04-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Wait so if you use google + you can't do the test server? Or do you mean that you can't use the gears off that toon

sent from fritters beak

GuardianTwo
04-21-2015, 10:22 AM
Wait so if you use google + you can't do the test server? Or do you mean that you can't use the gears off that toon

sent from fritters beak

We can't login through google+ account on test servers , there is some problem with google+ on it so.

Kyle Holmes
04-21-2015, 10:38 AM
We can't login through google+ account on test servers , there is some problem with google+ on it so.
So I would have to lvl a toon to 41 on my fb account to test stuff or do you get a lvl 41 with no gears?

sent from fritters beak

Candylicks
04-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Correct they flash the players with email login only and anyone else comes over can make a 41 but it's naked.