PDA

View Full Version : People asking gear to tests them (lending)

Echelong
03-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Last night I was asked by someone to lend them my Mega Mage Gemstone Wand and Bracer so he could test it and he would give it back fast. At first I was like O.O are you serious? and yes he was. He was in my friends list and I played with him a couple of times, but I had to say no and he kept asking me a few more times and my answer was the same. I told him I had a bad experience with that (back when I started I lend some gear and never got it back at least it was cheap gear but I learned my lesson).

I am just saying this because there are only a few people that I would lend my gear and all of them are here on the forums and you guys can imagine who you are. I am just posting this so a few are aware that some people (not everyone) can try and scam you and the worst part is that devs can't do anything about it if you do unless there are multiple reports but you will still probably lose your gear.

This and invite spammers are probably the reason I will be thinning my friends list a bit. Invite spammers because I hate having the (insert name here) invited you to hideout for half a run over and over again.

I know almost everyone here knows this but there are a few people that can fall for stuff like this.

PS Also to the guy that asked me (will remain anonymous) I am not saying your intentions where to scam me but if you read this, its just to let you know why I don't lend it and when I am online I am farming so I use the gear all the time unless I am checking CS and I leave fast after that so I can't.

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Lol what a scam ive had a few experiences like that too. When they seem too good to be true, DONT DO IT!!!

DOAPSaint
03-26-2011, 12:03 PM
hey do any of you have some gear i could test out? you can trust me.

Echelong
03-26-2011, 12:05 PM
hey do any of you have some gear i could test out? you can trust me.

Sure I have a few 55 greens and oranges... o yeah and some purples lol

it was just like that but asking for a specific items. Maybe that is one easier way to farm for rare pinks.

Also good players don't ask for gear, errrm DT I will give you back that void chest piece lol.... dang that reminds me I have to level up that bird ><

FluffNStuff
03-26-2011, 12:15 PM
I have asked people before to borrow gear for testing before, but there are only a few I would ask and they are the same people I would not hesitate to lend gear to. Lending someone equipment is not something to take lightly and if you have even the slightest hesitation then go with your instinct and politely decline.

Physiologic
03-26-2011, 12:16 PM
I like that word "test," it's so vague :)

Sigkill
03-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Lol what a scam ive had a few experiences like that too. When they seem too good to be true, DONT DO IT!!!

You just started, what kind of experiences are you talking about....

FluffNStuff
03-26-2011, 12:19 PM
I like that word "test," it's so vague :)

I just want to 'test' if I can survive a hundred runs in your full mega mage then my current gear :)

Lovenus
03-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Don't lend me any high level stuffs to "test". I have no use for them as I am a permanent low level player. ^^

azulflame
03-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Don't lend me any high level stuffs to "test". I have no use for them as I am a permanent low level player. ^^

Same here, free plat only

however, my brother screwed up, to where I can't get any more free plat, and i am thinking about dropping a few dollars for about 30-60 plat.

however, I do like to see a bunch of greens on my stats page, so I still like to look at high lvl gear.

Zeus
03-26-2011, 03:02 PM
I just want to 'test' if I can survive a hundred runs in your full mega mage then my current gear :)

+1 Chivalry Point.

Reason: Witty Comment

Lovenus
03-26-2011, 03:30 PM
+1 Chivalry Point.

Reason: Witty Comment

Range, give me 5 points for free. I need some to redeem for a pony.

Fyrce
03-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Yep, wouldn't lend out gear except to few people I already know.
And I don't mean just played a few times. It means I've spoken to them, they've been around a long time, etc.

Having said that, I haven't had any bad lending experiences, either borrowing or lending. When people are good, they really are good.
I give gear back (and forth), refund, etc. Others have done the same for me.
There are some really nice people in PL and it makes for a great playing environment.

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Dude im lvl 52 dope face

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 06:52 PM
You just started, what kind of experiences are you talking about....

I was talking about this post by the way

Otukura
03-26-2011, 06:54 PM
My friend just had a guy do this to him in Cata

my friend was using a cheap wand, MM gem shard, and he wanted to try it, so my friend was like, "sure! I have two!" and proceeded to give him the only other pink in his inventory at the time, Stormstrike wand of mastery - level 19

They guy used it, died, and screamed out that it was "S***" He gave it back, and left....

Zeus
03-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Dude im lvl 52 dope face

Level doesn't mean anything. That's like saying, "I'm Bill Gates! Give me your money and I'll pay you back, since I'm Bill Gates, I won't scam you!". "Oh, also give me your social security number and all your personal info while your at it". A bit of an over-exaggeration, but you get the point.

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Im also a senior member on forums so i have no clue what youre talking about...unless youre sayin that about my lvl 24 bird fair enough but i hardly use him so i doubt youve ever seen him anyway

Zeus
03-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Im also a senior member on forums so i have no clue what youre talking about...unless youre sayin that about my lvl 24 bird fair enough but i hardly use him so i doubt youve ever seen him anyway

Sigh -.-, Never mind. I'm not going to waste my time attempting to explain.

EDIT: Actually, I am! Being a high level DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING when regarding trust. I have lent many lower level players my gear, and they have all returned it to me. I have yet to be scammed. Also, Senior Member Status on the forums. Once again doesn't mean anything. Ask the players around this forums if you don't believe me. Trust is something that comes with time. Just because you are a "high level", doesn't necessarily make you trust-worthy. (Not saying that you aren't).

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Then what are you saying about me just starting....

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 06:57 PM
And yes ive been scammed twice, once was stupid but the other time wasnt my fault...

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Ugh people are so mean these days....what did i do now for christs sake? First u guys tear my guild to shreads by criticism and then every post i put is wrong....maybe u dont have an answer cause i proved u wrong

Zeus
03-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Ugh people are so mean these days....what did i do now for christs sake? First u guys tear my guild to shreads by criticism and then every post i put is wrong....maybe u dont have an answer cause i proved u wrong

I'm not being mean. I'm just letting you know I disagree with your opinion. Sorry if it looked like I was being mean.

RedRyder
03-26-2011, 07:03 PM
BACK ON TOPIC was the guy ghostryderr? Lmao look at my thread the guy asked for my gemstone wand to borrow too lol

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Mmhmmm suuuuure ok since im such a noob, maybe i should just quit the game cause i...what was it again..."just started"

Zeus
03-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Mmhmmm suuuuure ok since im such a noob, maybe i should jyst quit the game cause i...what was it again..."just started"

Don't try and guilt me. I apologized if I was being mean. Quitting the game over somebody disagreeing with you is a pretty small thing to quit over if you really like the game. I wasn't being mean. I was being to the point.

Arterra
03-26-2011, 07:05 PM
I lent someone a entire shadow set to test and try out. someone i had not seen in maybe 1-2 months. all worked out fine :)
Of course a little hard to remain anonymous if your toon in on the itunes page, so maybe we had a connection. dont play enough with him to get a good overall impression.

but still having someone return a shadow set the next day saying they dont like borrowing is sweet

Zeus
03-26-2011, 07:06 PM
I lent someone a entire shadow set to test and try out. someone i had not seen in maybe 1-2 months. all worked out fine :)
Of course a little hard to remain anonymous if your toon in on the itunes page, so maybe we had a connection. dont play enough with him to get a good overall impression.

but still having someone return a shadow set the next day saying they dont like borrowing is sweet

ZombieKiller? Ya, he is very trustworthy :D. Good Friend of mine. Otherwise known as xxsilentninjaxx

DawnInfinity
03-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Someone asked me the same exact thing. They wanted to test my wand and bracer. I was like, "uhh, nosry. kthxbai." They asked me a few more times too.

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Its sarcasm ever heard of it

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Yea zombiekillr is a great friend i trust her

Zeus
03-26-2011, 07:09 PM

Yea, I have but it's pretty much impossible to tell in text, especially when there is no grammar in the posts.

DawnInfinity
03-26-2011, 07:10 PM

No.. What's that???//

Mothwing
Wow thats sad

Arterra
Wow thats sad

its sarcasm ever heard of it

jk jk

Mothwing
No.. What's that???//

Very funny dawn

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 07:11 PM
its sarcasm ever heard of it

jk jk
I was talkin to range smartie

Zeus
03-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Very funny dawn

That's how you pull it off :D.

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok range lets get over this can we just be friends and be done

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow i used to live in oceanside

DawnInfinity
03-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Wow I love to double post

Zeus
03-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Ok range lets get over this can we just be friends and be done

I was never not. I disagreed on a matter and you burst out, so sure :D. Apologies about using monotone writing language. Just posts with little to no grammar in them, give me a headache so it tends to make me "ugh", even when I don't realize it.

Mothwing
03-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Lol someone buy my raid roach items lvl 51 recurve and hat

Nytesdawn
03-26-2011, 08:39 PM
MOD REPORTING! MOD REPORTING! NEW DAILY ITEM TESTING SYSTEM TO SEE IF YOU'RE ITEMS ARE LEGIT AND NOT HACKED! LET US TEST YOU'RE STUFF OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE BANNED PERMANANTLY!!! you know this is real since i used caps lock and that my name is in blue. Jk

Doubletime
03-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Also good players don't ask for gear, errrm DT I will give you back that void chest piece lol.... dang that reminds me I have to level up that bird ><

Actually, I think I insisted that you use my wraith set. I was embarrassed to be seen with your bird in Whipcord leather. :P

And I actually forgot that you had it. :)