PDA

View Full Version : Letter to all Bears...

Plasticuproject
03-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Dear Bear,

The wall is your friend. Please remember this.
Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mage

p.s. Please tell Bird we need to work on Nature Strike together :)

Major
03-26-2011, 01:02 PM
haha. i like corners more.

Kalielle
03-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Dear Bear,

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mage

P.P.S.: Also, please remember that directly above a fire grate is not the best place to gather mobs.

JaytB
03-26-2011, 01:19 PM
And gather before you splatter ;)

Ciphor
03-26-2011, 02:43 PM
REPLY: Mages

Please stop stunning before beckon.

Warrior
Technical pulling professional

Plasticuproject
03-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Lol. I knew I'd get some flaming for this ;)

KingFu
03-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Letter to archers:

I'm playing my mage more now, but when a taking is pulling and grouping, please don't take my/their aggro, and attack AFTER the bear groups:p

drewcapu
03-26-2011, 03:14 PM
P.P.S.: Also, please remember that directly above a fire grate is not the best place to gather mobs.

... or even right next to one ;)

Plasticuproject
03-26-2011, 03:15 PM
REPLY: Mages

Please stop stunning before beckon.

Warrior
Technical pulling professional

RE: REPLY

I will relay this to the sisterhood as I probably find this as annoying as you do.

Fyrce
03-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Dear Mages/Birds:

If you do get aggro, head for the bear. You can help gather also and bear should be able to save you.
Just remember to keep eye on grates.

And sometimes when aggro's already been triggered, walls work as good as corners.

Or basically: Group, work together!

CanonicalKoi
03-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Dearest mages, if I have a group all nicely clumped and thorn-walled and am about to combo them into oblivion, could you cast lightning instead of firestorm? Please? We'd get a nice back-to-back pair of combos and get all of them instead of scattering them and me only getting a couple. Bears, same deal--if it's a clump looking like they're standing in the bushes, could you hold off on stomping them for a sec? In return I promise to try and hang back and not interfere with you pulling aggro. I'll *try*. ;) And mages, a lot of the time I'm throwing thorn-wall down to keep stuff off of you. :)

Nightarcher
03-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Dear Bear,

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mage

That pretty much sums up what I see needs to happen! The most fun I've ever had was back in the days of AO2 when everyone knew how to use their characters so well. Plasma pyramid: the bears used every single corner and the mages and archers coordinated perfectly to take those cornered mobs out in seconds.

I miss those days... but we can help bring them back! Being bear crowd-control is my favorite role to play because I love strategy, and the only reason I haven't leveled my bear past 50 is because so little groups know what to do with large lures. I'm considering it because being a bird is too straightforward, and there isn't a lot of variation. I'm dual so I can tank too but it's just not the same.

Kindread
03-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Dearest birds, bears, and pointy-eared types,

If the run is FUBAR, and most of you wipe, Kindread will stay alive and clear all the rest of the mobs for you. Just meet me at the boss.

With all my love,
Kindread

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Dearest birds, bears, and pointy-eared types,

If the run is FUBAR, and most of you wipe, Kindread will stay alive and clear all the rest of the mobs for you. Just meet me at the boss.

With all my love,
Kindread

I LOL'ed. That actually happened in a run I was in. 'cept you had to use a SHEETLOAD of Health Pots.

Kindread
03-27-2011, 01:09 PM
I LOL'ed. That actually happened in a run I was in. 'cept you had to use a SHEETLOAD of Health Pots.

If we run into a wall of those ninja turtles on crack and I'm the last one standing, I drink those those health pots like coca cola. Lol.

Acyer
03-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Sounds like to me the "mynasgen" is tanking for ya. Also when I'm tanking please birds don't start off with blast shot before I can beckon......

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Sounds like to me the "mynasgen" is tanking for ya. Also when I'm tanking please birds don't start off with blast shot before I can beckon......

Mynasgen is a lvl 20 twink. And YES he CAN tank, YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

karmakali
03-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Let's turn this around shall we?

Bears....thank you for sucking down so many health pots so the we mages can feel the exhilirating rush of a completely packed mob rush right into our open arms to be annihilated as a death train comes to a screeching halt.

Birds....thank you for taking out those serial killing barrels from a safe distance before we can accidentally commit suicide or homicide by barrel.

Sister/brother mages....thank you for the constant onslaught of the green glow of life you emanate that helps to stave off the clutches of death.

We each play a crucial part. Be polite. Make constructive remarks. Most forum members are good about keeping perspective but it can get ugly in game sometimes.
Remember....be nice or leave :)

davidis57
03-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Dear Bears:

Refrain from using stomp when I root them and mages that's the time to use lightning.

Potawto
03-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Dear Santa,

For Christmas--Oh oops wrong thread.