PDA

View Full Version : The effects of changing +DMG% bonus of all pet to something else.

epicrrr
04-13-2015, 10:44 PM
For a long while now rog has been running with handicapped pet, no one really care because everyone think its fancy and godly that they have a damage bonus on a pet. On PVP in case you're wondering a rog has dmg debuff of 10% (approx) + your pets % bonus damage(only rogs gets this) when you talk about pets or companion it should not be biased on what class gets its bonus, after all its a general item that everyone can use.

Changing all +DMG% bonus of all pets to something else that all can enjoy has to be studied now by STS.

Now, warriors and mage might complain that they "would loose a certain % of their damage" keep in mind that as a general item all of its bonus has to be beneficial to all class otherwise its downright *cough* cheating.

Would changing it affect a lot? I reckon we would see everyones damage goes down by 5-15% which I think wont be a problem as on PVE everyone has enough/too much damage already when running elites or any pve map.

Arrowz
04-13-2015, 10:55 PM
For a long while now rog has been running with handicapped pet, no one really care because everyone think its fancy and godly that they have a damage bonus on a pet. On PVP in case you're wondering a rog has dmg debuff of 10% (approx) + your pets % bonus damage(only rogs gets this) when you talk about pets or companion it should not be biased on what class gets its bonus, after all its a general item that everyone can use.

Changing all +DMG% bonus of all pets to something else that all can enjoy has to be studied now by STS.

Now, warriors and mage might complain that they "would loose a certain % of their damage" keep in mind that as a general item all of its bonus has to be beneficial to all class otherwise its downright *cough* cheating.

Do all classes get the benefit of 250% crits? Do all classes get the benefit of invulnerability? Do all classes get the bonus of stacking crit? Do all classes get to have a lurid proc at twinks lvls? Do all classes get to have a 100% crit proc at twinks lvls? Is all of this cheating because not all classes get these benefits? No, your reasoning is flawed.

Would changing it affect a lot? I reckon we would see everyones damage goes down by 5-15% which I think wont be a problem as on PVE everyone has enough/too much damage already when running elites or any pve map.

Warriors inherently get a 5% dmg buff in pvp so your "solution" really wouldnt do much to them. As for pve, why are u talking about nerfing pet dmg for everyone in pve because rogues dont get pet bonus dmg in pvp? What? And why did you make a second thread on the same topic

Twinisland
04-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Warriors inherently get a 5% dmg buff in pvp so your "solution" really wouldnt do much to them. As for pve, why are u talking about nerfing pet dmg for everyone in pve because rogues dont get pet bonus dmg in pvp? What? And why did you make a second thread on the same topic
This person didn't make the first thread he/she just made a different thread on the same topic, and don't make it effect pve many more people would quit. -1 bad idea bro

carmine_blade
04-14-2015, 02:20 AM
Agree there is no way in hell I or any PVEers I know would support removal of %dmg pets.. but I can understand in the case of PVP, as that %dmg really is a waste.

epicrrr
04-14-2015, 04:55 AM

"Do all classes get the benefit of 250% crits? Do all classes get the benefit of invulnerability? Do all classes get the bonus of stacking crit? Do all classes get to have a lurid proc at twinks lvls? Do all classes get to have a 100% crit proc at twinks lvls? Is all of this cheating because not all classes get these benefits? No, your reasoning is flawed."

If you are playing as a warrior is it natural for you to get the skills AIMSHOT? No, that was clearly intended for rogues

BUT

a pet applies to all class which means why would rogs be left out of this bonus?

The other thread was for rog dmg nerf this is clearly for the unavailablity of DMG bonus to rogs.

ClumsyCactus
04-14-2015, 05:32 AM
So you say that the PVP ROGUES Should make the pvp warriors,pvp mages,EVERYONE IN PVE bow to them because you think its sad that damage buff is useless?
Last time i checked AL is a pve-based MMO.
So make the pvp dmg buff be "15% after pvp debuff" or "15% Dmg buff-10% debuff=5% buff remaining"
Instead if ruining everyones PVE pets, perhaps think of something Else than pvp for ONE Time...

epicrrr
04-14-2015, 05:58 AM
So you say that the PVP ROGUES Should make the pvp warriors,pvp mages,EVERYONE IN PVE bow to them because you think its sad that damage buff is useless?
Last time i checked AL is a pve-based MMO.
So make the pvp dmg buff be "15% after pvp debuff" or "15% Dmg buff-10% debuff=5% buff remaining"
Instead if ruining everyones PVE pets, perhaps think of something Else than pvp for ONE Time...

It is easy to say from warriors and mage perspective because they are not the one receiving these debuffs.

A possible compromise is to replace every +DMG% bonus of every pet to PVE oriented bonus such as:

+10% damage to mobs.
+10% to apply taunt to mobs.

as long as pets bonus applies to all not some biased bonus.

Appeltjes
04-14-2015, 06:19 AM
It is easy to say from warriors and mage perspective because they are not the one receiving these debuffs.

A possible compromise is to replace every +DMG% bonus of every pet to PVE oriented bonus such as:

+10% damage to mobs.
+10% to apply taunt to mobs.

as long as pets bonus applies to all not some biased bonus.

-,- tanks need to taunt not the dps classes...

Not to mention that rogues are the most biased class...

Madnex
04-14-2015, 06:19 AM
They're supposed to be looking into this. They said so. But judging from the one year it took just to make the actual damage appear in profile or the abnormally long time for other small but important fixes.. Don't hold your breath.

epicrrr
04-14-2015, 06:29 AM
-,- tanks need to taunt not the dps classes...

Not to mention that rogues are the most biased class...

Thread recap: This is replacing 'DMG bonus' of every pet to something else example '10% chance to taunt mobs', or boost of stats to compensate for loss of dmg bonus.

No class is biased, its just the way the skills affect the gameplay.

They're supposed to be looking into this. They said so. But judging from the one year it took just to make the actual damage appear in profile or the abnormally long time for other small but important fixes.. Don't hold your breath.

I havent read any hmmn, if there is then I hope they addressed this next expansion.

ClumsyCactus
04-14-2015, 07:10 AM

I am a rogue so...

Dex Scene
04-14-2015, 08:10 AM
Do you play PVE? Or just level 13 pvp??

Kingofninjas
04-14-2015, 11:27 PM
How about if sts fixes it so that the debuff is applied after the pet buffs a rogue stats instead of completely overriding it? Your suggestions is thoughtless and unfair to other classes.