PDA

View Full Version : Elixirs

Epw
04-14-2015, 01:22 AM
Ayo!

Does classy looter really increases the chance of the magical essence drops?

Also, which one is more effective if i go for essences?:
a) 24h free 3x combo + classy
b) shamrock

Thanks for your answers! :)

Domimation
04-14-2015, 01:26 AM
I'm not 77 so I can't really relate to essence but I find classy do work idk why but when I was farming steels and other items in general the classy somehow works :)

My general farming is
3x daily + 2x combo
With some patience and a good team drops are frequent :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ssneakykills
04-14-2015, 02:20 AM
I've heard from a lot of keen farmers that classy does improve the drop rate a lot on essences

Electrophiles
04-18-2015, 06:58 PM
There is always a logical explanation. And such I shall give you:
classy makes u only loot what u can use. hence if you're full dex bird, you'll only loot dex items, crafting gems, recipes and essences.
hence the drop table is essentially spliced into a much smaller amount, severely increasing your chance to loot essence.

this is the same logic for using classy looter in farming blade steels, recipes, alien mirage, starry, dragon vanity, etc.

xfarmtwinkx
04-19-2015, 04:56 AM
Should I use classy if I was to farm starry then?

Groaning
04-19-2015, 06:35 AM

it would be helpful as it would get rid of all the items you cant use, but the drop rates for starry are so low...

xfarmtwinkx
04-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Ah ok thank you very much!

Suentous PO
04-19-2015, 09:10 AM
this is the same logic for using classy looter in farming blade steels, recipes, alien mirage, starry, dragon vanity, etc.

it would be helpful as it would get rid of all the items you cant use, but the drop rates for starry are so low...

I don't think classy helps with starrys.

We don't know exactly how the vanity drop table relates to normal drops. If the algorithm is that there is an initial small % chance at a starry, and then a normal % chance at pinks, then classy won't help.
Two possibilities are;
A: Initial roll for starry % .01 chance, if no then - % .1 chance of pink (reroll occurs ).
Or,
B: % .1 chance pink (reroll), if yes- %.01 chance of star.

Classy wouldn't affect A, as all classes COULD drop it, and with B as a possibility, classy could help.

I made those numbers and possibilities up to illustrate that we simply don't know.
Most popular belief is that vanities are on a separate table, which would relate to the first possibility, in which classy won't help. Dev confirmation is required.