PDA

View Full Version : Lol. What a champ

RedRyder
03-26-2011, 06:09 PM
This is the worst instance I've come across of this nature. Sorry I don't have an app for rotating (I know of one, just don't have it) and I'm not on a pc to rotate it on photobucket.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/0568fcd7.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/a2efc938.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/08e95860.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/c070e80a.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/58cdcb16.jpg

Zeus
03-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Lol Max. I noticed somebody was asking you to power level him as well. Are you wearing your beggar-o-repellant? I normally put mine on before I even go into a towne.

Frenzyn
03-26-2011, 06:12 PM
He was the scammer who acted innocent i could tell :P
GL

RedRyder
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Lol Max. I noticed somebody was asking you to power level him as well. Are you wearing your beggar-o-repellant? I normally put mine on before I even go into a towne.

My store ran out :( mind shipping me a few units? I'll send some payment over via PayPal

Yvonnel
03-26-2011, 06:14 PM
I think Blackryder and I booted him from one of our runs awhile back. If it wasn't Blackryder is was one with Xymorg.

RedRyder
03-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I think Blackryder and I booted him from one of our runs awhile back. If it wasn't Blackryder is was one with Xymorg.

Lol black is my little brother. I don't blame you guys for booting him. He has some real nerve

noobmigo
03-26-2011, 06:23 PM
What level is ches now?

Lesrider
03-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Maybe he thought you'd have sympathy for another "ryder" ;)

CryoBlade
03-26-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm in the screenshots
:D

RedRyder
03-26-2011, 06:38 PM
What level is ches now?

Got her to 47 last night :) aiming for 50 or 51 by tonight so she can start doing sewer runs with the rest of us Finally :D Ahh I can't wait :D:D

Maybe he thought you'd have sympathy for another "ryder" ;)

Lmao maybe so! But who would really ask that of someone they've never spoken to everrrrr. Like never did a run with him, he requested me among asking me "for a favor?" lol the AUDACITY

Arterra
03-26-2011, 07:00 PM
dammit Trumph... removing

Potawto
03-26-2011, 09:14 PM
This EXACT same situation happened between me and another guy over my sentinel shotty. After I told him "no, I would not like to be scammed", he proceeded in screaming out to the Towne that he would not scam me. Man, that ignore button sure works wonders.

Ladylove
03-26-2011, 09:20 PM
That Ghostryder dude was following Mike and me around for about half an hour begging Mike to buy him a MM wand. He followed us into all of our games while Mike was helping me level.

Lesrider
03-26-2011, 09:22 PM
That Ghostryder dude was following Mike and me around for about half an hour begging Mike to buy him a MM wand. He followed us into all of our games while Mike was helping me level.

Haha guess it's not just some kinship he felt over sharing the name "ryder."

Ladylove
03-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Haha guess it's not just some kinship he felt over sharing the name "ryder."

Lol I suppose not. I'm not sure how he found us. He just showed up and was pming Mike the WHOLE time. I don't know if Mike had him added, but I certainly didn't.

Riccits
03-27-2011, 07:29 AM
there arent much ppl on pl i would lend something...
btw. Lesrider wanna try fury set when ur 55? ;)

JaytB
03-27-2011, 07:45 AM
This is kind of funny because this exact same dude asked my gf the same thing a couple of days ago, except that then he was begging for the bracer. He had exactly the same story. He would give his sq gemstone staff and some $$$ to 'borrow' her wand for 1 sewer run. He said he wanted to know how it handled before buying one himself. She never met him before either. She was like o.O

Lesrider
03-27-2011, 08:00 AM
there arent much ppl on pl i would lend something...
btw. Lesrider wanna try fury set when ur 55? ;)

Lol I think you're offering cuz you know I'll probably never get there lol ;)
J/k thanks for the offer :) -- but I think it'll be quite some time at the rate I'm going ;)

RedRyder
03-27-2011, 09:29 AM
This is kind of funny because this exact same dude asked my gf the same thing a couple of days ago, except that then he was begging for the bracer. He had exactly the same story. He would give his sq gemstone staff and some $$$ to 'borrow' her wand for 1 sewer run. He said he wanted to know how it handled before buying one himself. She never met him before either. She was like o.O

Then it looks like it's time to report this guy. That's 4 failed attempts, he's gonna end up getting someone eventually; I'm going to report him now. Send an email out too guys :)

WesmanCarver
03-27-2011, 01:39 PM
This same person asking to try out my fury fighter plate with the same exact story about 20 min ago.

Lesrider
03-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Ooo sounds like a real winner.
Wonder if he actually managed to scam anyone with his "I'm a good guy" story.

Echelong
03-27-2011, 01:56 PM

If he is still doing that I bet he still hasn't been able to obtain it. If he spent the time he does trying to borrow one he would have already farmed it.

JaytB
03-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Then it looks like it's time to report this guy. That's 4 failed attempts, he's gonna end up getting someone eventually; I'm going to report him now. Send an email out too guys :)

Will send mail right after this post.

Edit: it's done. Explained with as much detail as I could...

Lesrider
03-27-2011, 02:19 PM
If he is still doing that I bet he still hasn't been able to obtain it. If he spent the time he does trying to borrow one he would have already farmed it.

Well sounds like he's asking for different items. Perhaps he keeps going at it bc it actually worked once?

Otukura
03-27-2011, 02:19 PM

If he was originally trying to get one item, and moved on to another, then maybe...

JaytB
03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
I think it's only fair to report him, just to be on the safe site. I figure the devs can easily find out if he actually managed to scam one. If he didn't, it might bring other scammers on the same idea (if that's even correct English).

Echelong
03-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Well sounds like he's asking for different items. Perhaps he keeps going at it bc it actually worked once?

he asked the exact same item from me I think he has it copy pasted because it was the same answer, and he received the same answer from me too

Bgandyful
03-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Yep not surprised,he played this on me too. Didnt work then doesnt work now. * cough*If he was a true friend he would have gave you sewer staff *cough cough cough*lol

JaytB
03-27-2011, 09:01 PM
And just now he tried it again on my char. I made sure to keep the screenshots :)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/480eead2.jpg

Edit: my answer was 'busted', right before I reported and ignored him

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 09:05 PM
LOL looks like no one is stupid enough to listen to him. He needs to ask someone more stupid.

RedRyder
03-27-2011, 10:26 PM
This same person asking to try out my fury fighter plate with the same exact story about 20 min ago.

ive already sent an email out about this guy

RedRyder
03-27-2011, 10:49 PM
UPDATE: Assomers replied to my email just now so im assuming its being looked into :) another scum out of alterra hopefully :)

JaytB
03-28-2011, 06:15 AM
I also had an E-mail back from support when I sent in the screenshot earlier. It basically only said 'thanks', but at least they acknowledged it :)
I think we did the right thing here.

Lesrider
03-28-2011, 06:17 AM
They probably need to decide if that's banworthy. Have they ever banned people before for asking for things? Seems a bit of a gray area.

JaytB
03-28-2011, 06:33 AM
They probably need to decide if that's banworthy. Have they ever banned people before for asking for things? Seems a bit of a gray area.

I agree, the fact that he's asking shouldn't result in a ban. But at the rate he's spamming everybody with PM's, he's bound to find a victim. This way, at least he will be watched and banned when actually doing a scam.

But again, I completely agree with the fact that he could be a simple innocent soul. I'm also sure he will be left alone when he is.

RedRyder
03-28-2011, 09:25 AM

i assume that no one is really that stupid to lend a stranger their items, but it was good to give the devs a heads up just in case he did succeed. if they check his logs, from what everyone in this thread has said, then it should be full of the same lines he sent to everyone. im sure the appropriate action will be taken :)