PDA

View Full Version : Scammers alert

Kakashis
04-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Well, I guess it's good info for everyone else as well. For awhile now, there has been a player with a very similar name as mine that's going around scamming players posing as me. There's no actual terms of service breach by having a similar name and the possibility of combinations is endless.

Please just report that player should they try to scam you (no names given). If the spelling is not exactly as my sig, then that's not me! I've never asked to borrow items or gold. It seems like he's just working off the reputation of my name and trying to scam using trust techniques.

This could happen to anyone and is nothing new in AL. Don't trust others with your items including friends!

Dragoonclaws
04-15-2015, 08:03 AM
This happened in SL, someone using the reputation of Zenxpro by using adding a letter to the IGN and asking to borrow stuff. The fake Zenxpro started scamming people... and when new players saw Zenxpro for first time, they be like I don't like him, he scam people. Took me a while to explain that the Zenxpro with the additional letter wasn't Zenxpro.

Be really careful! People with similar names can do a lot of damage using your name. Thank you for alerting us Kakashis

ClumsyCactus
04-15-2015, 08:11 AM
ALSO it is not superhard to notice the difference if you pay attention...
For some names, like "iove" and "renniem" it looks really similar to the original, but this difference is clearly visible, just pay attention...

Arachnophobik
04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
Took me a while to recognize it isnt you back then but i usually encounter the guy in pvp (he gangs a lot and sucks a lot btw) but i remembered u had sam in your sig and that guy was using a mali. If im correct, the guy had double "i"s.

Enterradora
04-15-2015, 08:21 AM
ik who u talking, he got like 4 times kicked from my guild, he is a big beggar

Candylicks
04-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Ah yes there are several imposters in the game who scam. Two has one that was doing that duplicate your item scam. Best bet is to report them with SS and details to support@spacetimestudios.com

Imposters are against the TOS especially if they are scamming- they will take care of it if you follow the protocol on reporting them.

Arvaen
04-15-2015, 09:05 AM
I know who you're talking about! Nice guy tried to scam me out of my lepre... wanted to 'lend' it. I asked him what his collateral was, he said a level 41 expedition bow.

Being a noob, I checked the auction house and it wasn't up... couldn't gauge the price. So I asked him to give it to me first, he did, and I logged off XD

Was so sad to find out later it was worth 500 odd gold. :(

Arvaen
04-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Both u and him deserve the scammer title -_-

Hustler would be a preferred title :D

Zylx
04-15-2015, 11:19 AM
If anything like this happened to me, I would hope people would ask me about it personally before assuming that it was me. It is so easy to impersonate people on the internet, and if you have any doubts, ask the player to get on their most known character and confirm that it's really him.

Titanfall
04-15-2015, 02:04 PM
This is a really bad trick, I dont understand why dont people just be smart and ask 'Go on your main I dont believe its you'.

Taazekaf
04-15-2015, 05:30 PM
true that i agree

Mabokcinta
04-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Today, i almost get scammed, but not (Thanks God). His/Her IGN (Arcane Legends) Muzikahh. I sell my Dev Maul lvl 8, double grand blood for 250K, when trading, suddenly he changed to 25K. Beware guys.

azagreoralu
04-20-2015, 01:39 AM
The best way to not get scammed is to dubble check all trades and don't give/loan things unless it is a gift. As for the problem with trying to use others names make sure to write down names of scamers so you don't make the mistake of thinking it was someone else. And if something seems shady/too good to be true then it is probably a sacm. Always make sure to be careful when ever things involve money/items you can never be too careful

Fyrce
04-20-2015, 01:25 PM
1. It's super easy for lots of people to appear similar with just an extra i, l, other letter. Learn this now. If you can't, leave the internets alone. It's too dangerous.

2. Report impersonation and scamming to STS. Screenshots are extremely helpful. Put the offender on your IGNORE list. Hopefully you'll get multiple characters of that player.

3. Do not trade (or actually deal) with anyone who's trades are sketchy. Examples: Sudden cancellations w/ excuses, especially when repeated. Substitutions of items or golds -- when you see your Confirm cancelled, check the entire deal carefully. If you see a substitution, see if you got screenshots, report the other player and IGNORE them. Hopefully you'll ignore all of their characters. I also do not like when people cancel, say sorry, cancel, say sorry. If their connection is so bad, I do not need to be doing business with them. Unless I know them, they will also go on the ignore list. My gaming is for fun; not for scam watching.

Mabokcinta
04-21-2015, 02:24 PM
@azagreoralu & @Fyrce

thank you guys for your advices :loyal:

BeoNeo
04-22-2015, 09:47 AM
Lol I seen kakashii or something, I said to him Woodstyle justsu deep forest emergeon!still no response)))