PDA

View Full Version : Consignment shop fail!

twoxc
04-15-2015, 10:10 AM
Is it just me or buying stuff from auction kind of SUCKY SUCKY? it's has been like this for me for sometime now and it's annoying as hell.

for example : when i'm trying to buy say for instant 20 locks, when I buy the first one it goes through fine then the next lock, it would say a message "PURCHASE CANCELLED, ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE" sometime I would get it back to back and then finally get one lock and it repeat. SUPER ANNOYING! It's so hard to spam purchase anything and it takes so much time.

anyone experiencing this also?

Thesaint Bermudez
04-15-2015, 10:16 AM
same with me. when you get the 1st one when u buy again need to select 2nd one and so on.

if you stay for that 1st one then error will pop up every 1 success of buying.

mxzgrawp
04-15-2015, 10:18 AM
Same here,buying 300 locks took me 1 hour lol

emkochiu
04-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Same here,buying 300 locks took me 1 hour lol

Buy the 1st lock. Then, buy the 2nd lock => buy the 3rd lock => buy the 1st lock ..... (in auc)

Zylx
04-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I noticed this the other day, when you select something and hit "purchase", it'll refresh the list like normal, but the item you bought would still be in that list. So when you try to buy it again, it's not really there. It's like a ghost item.

Serancha
04-15-2015, 12:07 PM
Yessssss. I had been offline for a few weeks and came back to this. It's insanely annoying? I tried to buy elixirs yesterday - there were 5 listed of the kind I wanted, and I had to click each 3-4 times to buy. I tried clicking the next in line and got the same message.

Ardbeg
04-15-2015, 12:35 PM
Is it just me or buying stuff from auction kind of SUCKY SUCKY? it's has been like this for me for sometime now and it's annoying as hell.

for example : when i'm trying to buy say for instant 20 locks, when I buy the first one it goes through fine then the next lock, it would say a message "PURCHASE CANCELLED, ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE" sometime I would get it back to back and then finally get one lock and it repeat. SUPER ANNOYING! It's so hard to spam purchase anything and it takes so much time.

anyone experiencing this also?

it s the new caching mechanism...
already purchased items are cached and listed again.

Ssneakykills
04-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Yeah it's really annoying I get it a lot when buying in bulk

lissil
04-15-2015, 01:21 PM
When I realized it, I just started hitting search again after every purchase. -.-

Enterradora
04-15-2015, 02:39 PM
yes its annoying

carmine_blade
04-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes, and it is irritating, particularly during, say, the Easter egg event where I was buying lots of eggs to craft gold eggs.. in the end I just stopped.

Ardbeg
04-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Yes, and it is irritating, particularly during, say, the Easter egg event where I was buying lots of eggs to craft gold eggs.. in the end I just stopped.

it is supposed to remove load from cs and speed up things. it works, unless you actually want to buy more then one of the same thing from the shop. oh well....

obee
04-15-2015, 05:05 PM
They did it to speed up the bandwidth, but honestly, no one likes it.

Dragoonclaws
04-15-2015, 05:05 PM
I beleive this is caused by lag. you buy an item, someone else refreshes and buys the next item in your list (but first for his list). Since lag caused the CS to not update quick enough, buying the next item 0,5 seconds late will cause the error described in main post.

This usually happens for items that are very traded. I can give some examples: Candy Hearts, Green Arlorian Eggs, cheap gems, and locked.

Basically, you just have to buy the 2nd item in the list instead of getting the first one, or be very quick to buy the first one.

To avoid such thing, there should be an option to put items for buy. The system will sell the items to the buyer by putting him in a priority list. The buyer would put some money to buy the items and everything is done automatically.

Ardbeg
04-15-2015, 05:07 PM
They did it to speed up the bandwidth, but honestly, no one likes it.

how can it speed up bandwith if everyone needs several attempts to buy the same items? (this is by no means an attack on you, just saying it s flawed)

Dragoonclaws
04-15-2015, 05:11 PM
You don't want your game to lag just to have a live update of auction...

Consider people using 3G... live updating mhmmm

The only thing you'll see is flashing items going up and down because you're not quick enough to catch them and buy them.

Ardbeg
04-15-2015, 05:12 PM
I beleive this is caused by lag. you buy an item, someone else refreshes and buys the next item in your list (but first for his list). Since lag caused the CS to not update quick enough, buying the next item 0,5 seconds late will cause the error described in main post.

This usually happens for items that are very traded. I can give some examples: Candy Hearts, Green Arlorian Eggs, cheap gems, and locked.

Basically, you just have to buy the 2nd item in the list instead of getting the first one, or be very quick to buy the first one.

To avoid such thing, there should be an option to put items for buy. The system will sell the items to the buyer by putting him in a priority list. The buyer would put some money to buy the items and everything is done automatically.

it is not caused by lag. if i buy an item, my client should know i bought it, but he doesn t. this is the situation we re facing: we buy a gem or crate. click on the same position, and the same client we bought it from doesn t know we already bought it. lag is no explanation, since in general, trading transactions are not handled asynchron. we can both trade or not. but there s no way one side can do more or has more information then the other side.

Edit: typos

Dragoonclaws
04-15-2015, 05:15 PM
it is not caused by lag. if i buy an item, mx client should know i bought it, but he doesn t. this is the situation we re facing: we buy a gem or crate. clock on the samd position, and thd ssmd client we buy it from doesn g know we already bought it. lag is no explanation, since in general trading transactions are not handled asynchron. we can both trade or not. but there s no way one side can do more or has more information then thf ither side.

reformulating:

I buy the first item in my list, the list updates and I click on the first item again (which is the second item from the first list)

Someone else has an updated list and buy the first item in the list 0,5 seconds before you.

Result: Error, he bought it before you.

Dragoonclaws
04-15-2015, 05:19 PM
It's all about being quicker!

If you don't trust me, I suggest that you find a hot traded item (like green eggs) and click on [Search] many items, you'll see prices change almost everytime you click on the button

Ardbeg
04-15-2015, 05:20 PM
reformulating:

I buy the first item in my list, the list updates and I click on the first item again (which is the second item from the first list)

Someone else has an updated list and buy the first item in the list 0,5 seconds before you.

Result: Error, he bought it before you.

nope: you can reproduce it: your own client doesn t recognize the items you bought yourself. buy a cheap gem on the list. you can still buy the same gem from the same seller after that, even though you bought it yourself and your client should know. try it!
it is not lag, it is not a concurrent buyers problem, it is a failed cache mechanism, even in the most simple case, you re the buyer yourself.

Serancha
04-15-2015, 05:20 PM
You don't want your game to lag just to have a live update of auction...

Consider people using 3G... live updating mhmmm

The only thing you'll see is flashing items going up and down because you're not quick enough to catch them and buy them.

It's not lag. It's a change they made in the mechanics of the CS. If it was lag, it would have happened before, and never did in 2 1/2 years. As Ard said, it's the new caching system and it doesn't work properly.

Fifty thousand "This item is no longer available for purchase" messages a day is only creating extra lag, not reducing it.

carmine_blade
04-15-2015, 05:23 PM
I'm grateful they're trying to implement solutions... but yes, oh well ;)

Dragoonclaws
04-15-2015, 05:27 PM
I am kinda wondering how you know it's the cache system... Where do you find those infos lol?

Ardbeg
04-15-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm grateful they're trying to implement solutions... but yes, oh well ;)

i don t like to sound bitter, but i like to use this opportunity to advocate actually testing solutions.. shouldn t a solution solve problems instead of amplifying them?
now look at smart chat and this cs caching thingy...

Dragoonclaws
04-15-2015, 05:34 PM
Dragoon, the above 2 posters are very well educated..........

The new caching system is not working properly lag has nothing to do with it.

I know, I got it. What they are saying is that the list doesn't update when you buy an item. Right?

Ardbeg
04-15-2015, 05:37 PM
I know, I got it. What they are saying is that the list doesn't update when you buy an item. Right?

exactly, and i would understand it if your own client doesn t get if other s buy. but your own client can t even tell you bought. that s weird.

Dragoonclaws
04-15-2015, 05:42 PM
I see, then it's a new problem. Many bugs happened after the 2x odds event, including the log in fails, the rings 100% reroll and now this. I don't see why fixing some problems cause more errors tho...

Ardbeg
04-15-2015, 05:45 PM
I see, then it's a new problem. Many bugs happened after the 2x odds event, including the log in fails, the rings 100% reroll and now this. I don't see why fixing some problems cause more errors tho...

it is not a bug which rolled in during last update. it s a failed optimisation. the result of a concentrated effort. and it s here already for a while.

obee
04-15-2015, 07:20 PM
They slowed down the auction to speed up bandwidth, causing what shows in auction to be ahead than what's showing.

Ardbeg
04-15-2015, 07:29 PM
They slowed down the auction to speed up bandwidth, causing what shows in auction to be ahead than what's showing.

it s not ahead it s behind. causing errors, using up bandwidth.

Zylx
04-15-2015, 07:36 PM
I can imagine STS has no desire to change this, as they probably wanted it to work exactly like this in the first place. To sacrifice auction speeds for bandwidth, even though the cost is convenience.

green lantern
04-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Its happens also to all players whats happening to you...hahaha..