PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded armours n helms

famousfame
04-16-2015, 02:17 AM
Hello all,
I've heard rumors that sts plan to upgrade on existing armours n helms to lvl46, now some gamers will he overjoyed but some won't be. Why you ask will some be pissed? Quite simply reason is imbued most people who have imbued have spent millions on imbued and millions of gold n plats on gems which will be wiped away.
Sts whatever you decide to do plz consult gamers first as ur decision is likely to alienate an already pessimistic populous.

"what goes up will come down"

Excuses
04-16-2015, 02:19 AM
It might just mean we need new gears for new maps. Introducing new gears.

I hope imbued are little better than new gears like upgraded Mythic gears were tho.

Serillia
04-16-2015, 02:21 AM
But the population who dont have imbueds will be happy.There are always 2 sides to a story and deciding not to upgrade it to please the imbued users will cause even more outrage.

Now this is all speculation. We dont even know what armor they're going to upgrade.

famousfame
04-16-2015, 02:21 AM
If mythic gets upgraded no way it will be on par with imbued lvl46 mythic>>>lvl41 legend

famousfame
04-16-2015, 02:23 AM
But the population who dont have imbueds will be happy.There are always 2 sides to a story and deciding not to upgrade it to please the imbued users will cause even more outrage.

Now this is all speculation. We dont even know what armor they're going to upgrade.
Ik Sera but if they upgrade imbued I'm pissed cause of gems I'll lose and if they upgrade mythics I'm pissed cause of gems n plats I'll lose, so obviously my point is.......

elitwarrio
04-16-2015, 02:35 AM
Wait i didnt understand what u asking bud.. i hope in new expansion new gear better than this so why we would keep imbued? ppl waste gold for mythics too and for gem them so? 8 months life is enought for imbued lol.

famousfame
04-16-2015, 02:44 AM
Wait i didnt understand what u asking bud.. i hope in new expansion new gear better than this so why we would keep imbued? ppl waste gold for mythics too and for gem them so? 8 months life is enought for imbued lol.
No no no no, I want imbued upgraded with current gems intact :)

dhusor
04-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Yaa... Upgrade with gem i have wasted around 5m + on geming my gears

Zylx
04-16-2015, 03:28 AM
No more upgrading anything... please. And imbueds shouldnt still be the best thing for lv46 cap... that would be disappointing.

If anything, they should make a quest where players can "smelt" their upgraded 36 mythics into a brand new vanity or something since we can't trade them.

Serancha
04-16-2015, 03:35 AM
Upgrading armour killed the game as of the beginning of Season 5. The result was endless pvp drama from most of those who didn't quit outright. I thought STS had learned their lesson, but I guess not. My hopes of continuing to play Arcane Legends are getting lower by the minute. I held on for a year and a half waiting for new gear, and they release Imbueds which we had to campaign to get any decent stats for.

Now we have to go through the whole thing again? This will end it for even the most loyal of the long-term players. Sorry STS, but doing upgrades again AND putting mythic pets in crates instead of making them stable-purchaseable?

One of these bad decisions would be infuriating enough, but both? That's completely over the top. Try listening to the player base for once. Please. You used to at least listen to us. I don't know what happened, but it's extremely discouraging.

famousfame
04-16-2015, 03:54 AM
Upgrading armour killed the game as of the beginning of Season 5. The result was endless pvp drama from most of those who didn't quit outright. I thought STS had learned their lesson, but I guess not. My hopes of continuing to play Arcane Legends are getting lower by the minute. I held on for a year and a half waiting for new gear, and they release Imbueds which we had to campaign to get any decent stats for.

Now we have to go through the whole thing again? This will end it for even the most loyal of the long-term players. Sorry STS, but doing upgrades again AND putting mythic pets in crates instead of making them stable-purchaseable?

One of these bad decisions would be infuriating enough, but both? That's completely over the top. Try listening to the player base for once. Please. You used to at least listen to us. I don't know what happened, but it's extremely discouraging.
Yes agree 100% i couldnt have said it better and if I did try I'd prolly get banned

Ladysophie
04-16-2015, 04:25 AM

Correct me if i am wrong but i don't think there is anything bad with upgrading if its is properly done with a quest that takes time and effort. You could drop the gear directly and be happy or it could be a "upgrade" but require same efforts, at the end its the same thing.

Serancha
04-16-2015, 04:53 AM
Correct me if i am wrong but i don't think there is anything bad with upgrading if its is properly done with a quest that takes time and effort. You could drop the gear directly and be happy or it could be a "upgrade" but require same efforts, at the end its the same thing.

Upgrading means re-using gear you already have. That means nothing to farm for, no way to make money, and a ton of people quitting as soon as the quest is done. That's what happened when they had the mythic upgrade quest. It ruins the economy and leaves people without any goals or motivation to play.

Ladysophie
04-16-2015, 05:13 AM
Upgrading means re-using gear you already have. That means nothing to farm for, no way to make money, and a ton of people quitting as soon as the quest is done. That's what happened when they had the mythic upgrade quest. It ruins the economy and leaves people without any goals or motivation to play.

I think we taking it too negative here before knowing how exactly the upgrade quest would be like. For example the current upgrade quests allow you to sell nearly all the items required and the upgraded item itself after completing the quest, if the new upgrade quest follows this path then there will be no need to complain about anything IMO. Infact it might even be a good idea upgrading the imbued sets as it keeps those that just got thier imbued gears cool while offering new content for everyone to farm and upgrade it.

Fyrce
04-16-2015, 05:35 AM
Maybe it just means there will be new armors for people to get in the new area.

Tatman
04-16-2015, 05:49 AM
Last week you got a sneak peak at the new Legendary Dire Boar pet. What's next? Hint: When going into battle against orcs, not just any armor will do. You might need an upgrade.

This does not sound like there will be upgradable armors. More like armor with some special property that will help us fight/survive orcs. :)

illwilly
04-16-2015, 06:10 AM
It might just mean we need new gears for new maps. Introducing new gears.

I hope imbued are little better than new gears like upgraded Mythic gears were tho.

What about craftable lev 46 mythics where u fuse imbued gem armor with lev36 armor and 10 vials of undead elect.... the same with helmet.. To make the imbued guys happy...
i personally think using 36 mythics as base for the new gear is a good idea. My lev 36 will miss it, but not much, necro and druid gear is good enuff really.

extrapayah
04-16-2015, 06:11 AM
what's wrong with upgraded gears?

and we still don't know what the upgrade component/material/ingredient yet... if it is something that need to be farmed/get in the same way of getting/farming new gears, then it shouldn't be a problem, right?

famousfame
04-16-2015, 06:11 AM
What about craftable lev 46 mythics where u fuse imbued gem armor with lev36 armor and 10 vials of undead elect.... the same with helmet.. To make the imbued guys happy...
i personally think using 36 mythics as base for the new gear is a good idea. My lev 36 will miss it, but not much, necro and druid gear is good enuff really.
Won't work as too many variances on imbued

Candylicks
04-16-2015, 06:16 AM
I assume at the expansion my imbued will not be the best anymore. What was sad is that the last expansion never had any better gear than mythic until imbued and not really until they buffed it. At this point I could care less of its upgrades, drops, quests, whatever as long as we can continue to grow our stats along with our level in the forms of new items.

Wazakesy
04-16-2015, 06:18 AM
She said "You will need an upgrade..."

Maybe new gears? - I dont think this related to any upgrades, or there could be an extension story of the the Heroic Legends if mythics will get upgraded?

sorry if it is confusing...

CptAwsome
04-16-2015, 06:27 AM
A whole lot more people will be happier if it's the mythic set that is upgraded. How many people have imbued? A tiny amout compared to mythic sets. Yes it will suck that the people that have spent millions on imbued will feel ripped off but you didn't expect it to the be the best gear for long did you!? It is legendary gear after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illwilly
04-16-2015, 06:28 AM
Won't work as too many variances on imbued

oh, i forgot value not the same on the sets, the brutality guys will be mad oh noooo... lol.. i really hope they make new gear that blow imbued away, only from lockeds like first time wkwkwk.. my post was ment to include the crying imbued guys, but i dont really care if they loose money:) its just a game, keep the gear flowing.

My guess on the hint is the next event will have the gear the underequipped will need o.o

carmine_blade
04-16-2015, 06:31 AM
Hmm although on a personal level it would be nice if my mythic armour were to be upgraded I do think it's best for the game if the new gear that comes out is the best in game, that provides the incentive to farm for them, and the opportunity to make gold.

Avaree
04-16-2015, 08:59 AM
I agree with the below poster..

I think we taking it too negative here before knowing how exactly the upgrade quest would be like. For example the current upgrade quests allow you to sell nearly all the items required and the upgraded item itself after completing the quest, if the new upgrade quest follows this path then there will be no need to complain about anything IMO. Infact it might even be a good idea upgrading the imbued sets as it keeps those that just got thier imbued gears cool while offering new content for everyone to farm and upgrade it.

(so much negativity, keeps formers like me away from reading & posting)....

MORE Expansion Teasers Ahead
Last week you got a sneak peak at the new Legendary Dire Boar pet. What's next? Hint: When going into battle against orcs, not just any armor will do. you might need an upgrade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe Rem's statement "you might need an upgrade" has nothing to do with upgrading the imbued, or myth...Maybe it means*just upgrading by farming/purchasing new armor...

However...

Upgrading the imbueds to lvl 46 by using a recipe (character bound once it's opened) by obtaining it through extremely hard farming would entertain many players. Extra ingredients that are hard to farm (but not rare) found in the new expansion could be sold in CS. Lvl 41 imbued could be sold or upgraded to lvl 46... This would help keep the PTs a live...

cami
04-16-2015, 09:46 AM
If you spend a lotttt of plat and money in an Imbued is your problem!!! Sorry for that but is true.... If you guys know what a new expansion coming soon and the mythic armor and helmet need upgrade how you can buy this armor? is not problem of STS if you spend 100m in this.. zzzz because you guys always want more stats and this is the problem.

cami
04-16-2015, 09:48 AM
well I want mythic upgrade hehehe <3 I come waiting 2 seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cami
04-16-2015, 09:50 AM

100000 poors and me dislike this vs 2000 richs who like your post xD

Zeus
04-16-2015, 09:50 AM
I don't know why people think STG would upgrade mythics...a helm and armor that's so common it costs 800k per set & STG makes no money from it.

People wouldn't need to pop locked crates, they just take from existing surplus.

From a business standpoint, it just does not seem logical at all so I'm still perplexed how people came to this conclusion. One person says a post/rumor and it spreads like wildfire...SMH.

Eski
04-16-2015, 09:52 AM
You have no damm clue what their planning..so please stop .. if a dragonite bar is needed u need to farm ..just a excample ..

debitmandiri
04-16-2015, 10:02 AM
Burn it up baby :D

It just a rumors

Anarchial
04-16-2015, 10:43 AM
I don't know why people think STG would upgrade mythics...a helm and armor that's so common it costs 800k per set & STG makes no money from it.

People wouldn't need to pop locked crates, they just take from existing surplus.

From a business standpoint, it just does not seem logical at all so I'm still perplexed how people came to this conclusion. One person says a post/rumor and it spreads like wildfire...SMH.

And with that you create your own assumption and a rumor as well. What about nekro initial questline where it was required to have a singe egg and upgrade component in locked crates.
I guess everybody knows that an upgrade component can be easily introduced in the locked crates. Nothing to be perplexed about :)

Rockingtigertiger Tiger
04-16-2015, 11:04 AM
So what will happen to existing imbued armor ? Will it be sold @ throwaway prices ? ?? If yes then I am gonna quit 😡

Zeus
04-16-2015, 11:06 AM
And with that you create your own assumption and a rumor as well. What about nekro initial questline where it was required to have a singe egg and upgrade component in locked crates.
I guess everybody knows that an upgrade component can be easily introduced in the locked crates. Nothing to be perplexed about :)

Exactly. It's all rumors...we don't know anything until they say something. A Singe is somewhat rare - mythic is not so its not the same thing.

I personally feel that mythics being upgraded is just wishful thinking of the people who cannot afford imbued.

Candylicks
04-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Really as long as new awesome elite maps come, I could give a flying doodie if we upgrade shade armor at this point.

New.Freaking.Content.

Bring it.

Anarchial
04-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Exactly. It's all rumors...we don't know anything until they say something. A Singe is somewhat rare - mythic is not so its not the same thing.

I personally feel that mythics being upgraded is just wishful thinking of the people who cannot afford imbued.

Yea exactly. I say wait for official announcements. Also in case of upgrading imbueds that wouldnt help STS either. Only perhaps new armors in locked crate is gonna help them locked wise.
But I agree with you on waiting for more news instead of speculating.

Sorcerie
04-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Lol, this thread again?

Zzz

Bellaelda
04-16-2015, 11:16 AM
I think the best way to do an upgrade (since there's still quests with mythic set)...

Would be to combine your mythic set with an imbued set... To make a better set!

And of course some stuff we'd have to farm for a while to complete recipe

coldheart
04-16-2015, 12:06 PM
If they're upgrading then upgrade both imbued and myth ...but I prefer new gear.

elitwarrio
04-16-2015, 12:23 PM
No no no no, I want imbued upgraded with current gems intact :)

When old mythic upgranded gems arent intact.. so this is nosense :D

Serancha
04-16-2015, 12:49 PM

It's not a rumour, it is a logical interpretation of Remiem's statement. After all she wouldn't have put it in if they were not planning armour upgrades, would she. We can't know if it's mythics or imbueds or something else (planar gladiator gear?) that will need upgrading, but the issues with re-using old gear instead of having new to farm, remain the same

MORE Expansion Teasers Ahead
Last week you got a sneak peak at the new Legendary Dire Boar pet. What's next? Hint: When going into battle against orcs, not just any armor will do. You might need an upgrade.

Titanfall
04-16-2015, 12:58 PM
It's not a rumour, it is a logical interpretation of Remiem's statement. After all she wouldn't have put it in if they were not planning armour upgrades, would she. We can't know if it's mythics or imbueds or something else (planar gladiator gear?) that will need upgrading, but the issues with re-using old gear instead of having new to farm, remain the same
Sera I think she means we need a upgrade in GEAR (As in we need better armor/weapons that can be obtained somehow). Not that 'Your mythic armor needs a upgrade'. It's kinda like she's saying 'You can't just go in there wearing that! You need an upgrade!' As in better equips.

Serancha
04-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Sera I think she means we need a upgrade in GEAR (As in we need better armor/weapons that can be obtained somehow). Not that 'Your mythic armor needs a upgrade'. It's kinda like she's saying 'You can't just go in there wearing that! You need an upgrade!' As in better equips.

The word upgrade implies otherwise to most of us, but I will hope with all I have that you are right and it was just a poor choice of wording.

Titanfall
04-16-2015, 01:01 PM
The word upgrade implies otherwise to most of us, but I will hope with all I have that you are right.
STS do make mistakes, but I'm sure they know how much we all hate upgrades. It'd be a grave mistake and maybe a game ender if they were to bring upgrading armor back...

Tatman
04-16-2015, 01:08 PM
I do not hate upgrades. I've played games with marvellous item upgrading systems.

I hate the way it was implemented here. The barrel smashing nonsense and whatnot.

Dalmony
04-16-2015, 02:05 PM
An example of an "upgrade" which could work is conceivable though:

-> Recipe fragment as drops from the elite bosses in the new campaign (recipe required for helm AND armor).

-> Recipe includes 2 major ingredients which drop from the other two elite bosses in the new campaign (of which there are 3 varieties so rogue upgrade would require 1x ice shard of tactics and 1x fire shard of tactics per upgrade, while the mage and warrior upgrade would require another variant). This would also retain value because the items would be removed from the game due to being constantly used up in crafting.

-> There is also the possibility of vial-like ingredients which drop from the mobs, as well as a dragonite-bar like component which is earned by farming currency similar to dragkin teeth or planar fragments.

-> upgrade components make up just a small part of the elite drop possibilities, with legendary armor, helms, and weapons making up another portion of the drop possibility as per usual.

As longs as the gear released and the components for any given upgrade provide motivation to farm to acquire them either for upgrade or sale, and a good balance of rarity in drops is achieved, there is no reason to totally rule out anything involving the word upgrade.

-> It's even conceivable (and probable) that the new legendary gear is better that the current best, and that the difficulty of the maps is such that many players would need to acquire the new legendary gear before being able to farm the ingredients to upgrade the mythic.

I do agree that an upgrade quest which can be completed in a day with just a token minimum effort, like the previous upgrade quests, would be extremely disappointing, and if any "upgrade" appears, I have sincerely hope that it will basically just be farming to craft new gear, while retaining old gear as an ingredient in the crafting.

Just speculation though... maybe Remi did just mean that we need better gear generally ^_^

Niixed
04-16-2015, 03:11 PM

If upgrading 36 mythic helm/armor needed components and/or a recipe that required farming, wouldn't that create a win/win situation? I think it would be a mistake to want to sustain the current price level for imbued gear. Nothing kills the motivation to play faster than having ridiculously high price tags for every single piece of gear AND it's components.

Serancha
04-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Nothing kills motivation like having nothing to profit from. The best loot I have been able to get in the last 6 months is a reinforced blood gem I sold for 150k.

The only people who can afford to open enough planar chests to loot dark armours, are the ones who already have tons of money. So the current system of upgrading to get inbued gear is only benefitting the excessively wealthy.

As for arena, I know one person who has looted 12 recipes, yet I am well over 1000 arena runs (closer to 1500) and have still not looted a recipe or smelled a fossil. In fact I have only ever seen a single recipe drop for a teammate. My situation is not unique. The system is severely flawed.

You can't make money on crafting components. The economic and community damage caused by gear upgrading is too huge for that to suffice.

Zeus
04-16-2015, 03:31 PM

It could just be plain and simple english.

Imbued would not have the same effect that current mythic sets do because Imbued is much harder to create and in limited supply. It still has not been spread to the masses yet!

What I would personally find cool is require old mythic sets + imbued as someone has mentioned before. This should get rid of supply and create the need to farm more imbued gear.

Serancha
04-16-2015, 03:43 PM
The only people who can afford to open enough planar chests to loot dark armours, are the ones who already have tons of money. So the current system of upgrading to get inbued gear is only benefitting the excessively wealthy.

Imbued would not have the same effect that current mythic sets do because Imbued is much harder to create and in limited supply. It still has not been spread to the masses yet!

What I would personally find cool is require old mythic sets + imbued as someone has mentioned before. This should get rid of supply and create the need to farm more imbued gear.

*grins* This made me lol.

But seriously, although it may be a decent idea, it would still only be beneficial for those (such as yourself) who can afford to lose a bunch of money opening planar chests for a 4% chance at a dark item. The rest spend more in ankhs and potions than they can make selling the few chests they get - and they can't afford to open them with the odds that currently exist. I know you believe lack of wealth is a personal problem, but 95% of the players in the game have that personal problem, so it must be considered.

Niixed
04-16-2015, 04:04 PM
The idea is to create sufficient balance in the AL economic system so that players of every wealth level are motivated to play and are able to make a profit for a reasonable amount of effort and/or real money spent. I don't think any option should be off the table except the upgrade-via-quest one. I think the more farming opportunities the better. With sufficient components/recipes/items/eggs/etc. to farm, we would see economic specializations develop because no single player would be able to farm everything they need. Trading would be required to succeed. This situation is ideal because it more closely imitates a real world economy.

The essential problem right now is that there isn't anything substantial in between locked farming (very inexpensive/low barriers to market entry) and elite farming (very expensive/high barriers to market entry). Until that issue is addressed the current economic problems will persist.

Avaree
04-16-2015, 04:26 PM
You can't make money on crafting components.

I disagree with the above Sera, check CS; ingots, planar (when crafted) fragments, vials, ( all crafting components), breezes, elite planar tombs sell. (Not to mention, the 18 recipes that can be bought with planar fragments & sold) At one time, you yourself even said you made a good deal of gold from farming regular essences (blood, fire, & glacial).. The more crafting components we have to farm the more gold we will make. We just have to farm it :)

Well said below :)

The idea is to create sufficient balance in the AL economic system so that players of every wealth level are motivated to play and are able to make a profit for a reasonable amount of effort and/or real money spent. I don't think any option should be off the table except the upgrade-via-quest one. I think the more farming opportunities the better. With sufficient components/recipes/items/eggs/etc. to farm, we would see economic specializations develop because no single player would be able to farm everything they need. Trading would be required to succeed. This situation is ideal because it more closely imitates a real world economy.

The essential problem right now is that there isn't anything substantial in between locked farming (very inexpensive/low barriers to market entry) and elite farming (very expensive/high barriers to market entry). Until that issue is addressed the current economic problems will persist.

Gorecaster
04-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Frankly I'm growing tired of the constant speculation caused by sts' open ended and down right vague statements nearly 100% of the time. It's no different than providing misinformation. If you aren't going to tell us exactly what is in store for us, than don't say anything at all! You can clearly see in thread after thread that all these "teasers" do is cause frustration and leaves players that are dying for news left to speculate on what may be. Imo that's a horrible business model to follow. The forums used hold a wealth of knowledge, its now the place where common sense goes to die. Every time i log in here to try and learn a bit about what the future for AL may hold, in the end, I'm always left w more questions than when i arrived. Imo remis vague statement meant nothing more than you are going to need new gear. And we all know this will come at a high price. New maps will feature insane ankh eating mobs and more 1 hit bosses and u can bet on that.

Kingofninjas
04-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Honestly, I am quite pessimistic about anything sts puts on the table. Knowing their track record, they are going to ignore the need for a lvl 46 mythic ring for another year or two and make an arcane armor.

I hope they choose to upgrade imbued over mythic set since imbued offers players a choice of gear that better suits their individual play styles. I'm sick of my mythic set and can't wait for the day where I can throw it in stash and use only for leveling new toons.

halfop
04-16-2015, 06:06 PM
how u spend 5m upgrading gems on your imbued..im spended my money upgrading my mythic set..if you are discontented with that is your and imbued fans problems. If spacetime decide mythics dont be upgradable it's ok..but makes it tradable so i can sell it. Is not fair to remain bind on char if i don't need it more.
At the sorrcer will be big problems with that because i have only 1200 defense at lv 41..and this is not enough for a non plat player. i don't have milions of money in game and im not a grazy game farmer. How i can compete with plat players who have 900 dmg at lv 41 in events? im not...so this game must be interesting for both parties. Sorry for my bad english I hope you will understand what i want to say. I still learning.

Froxanthar
04-16-2015, 07:20 PM
Whatever happen I'll just gonna chilling with Lv.46 Hellish.

Kingofninjas
04-16-2015, 11:02 PM
As of now, Remiem's statement is to vague for us to draw any conclusions. She probably worded it that way to get people interested and start speculating. I hope there will be some decent farmable (not imbued farmable but legit farmable) armor to bring life back to PvE. To all those asking for imbued to be upgraded or for mythic armor to be upgraded, you have chosen to spend the amount of gems and its unreasonable to ask for an upgrade to keep these gems. Same goes for the armor itself. Gems have never been transferable to other gear, and have been lost while upgrading in the past. A better solution would be to bring back these "exclusive" gems and make us farm for them again.

Avaree
04-16-2015, 11:24 PM
A better solution would be to bring back these "exclusive" gems and make us farm for them again.

^^ that^^sounds fun!

Dex Scene
04-17-2015, 04:37 AM
If they upgrade Imbued sets, it will just widen the gap between rich and poor people! Most of the people can't even get to hand on current imbueds. The imbued owners (rich people mainly) will just get stronger.
It will take almost a year for other people to catch up with the golds and buy an imbued. But then new season will come and people would want better sets!

If they upgrade the mythic sets, it will kill elite farming!! Unless there are some huge crafting materials needed which can be farmed.

Anything which is super rare, is for luckiest or rich people only!!
So I would suggest new gears in elites which is not super rare but better than any available gears!!
If almost all people can farm and use them, the gap between Rich and poor will be lessen enough. The only gaps will be pets, gems and grade thing (which I'll explain down).

If these gears are not extreme rare, wouldn't they be super cheap? Where will the farmers get benefit then?
That's why we can bring grade system in the new gears.
What grade system is, nothing but an better upgrade!

Suppose, you get 1 new XYZ helm. It will be XYZ Grade I gear!
If you collect 3 same XYZ gear and you can get a dragonite bar, you can upgrade it. After upgrade, it will change it's colour and be named as XYZ grade II.
There will be different numbers of same gears needed and different craft material which will be farmable to upgrade them to next grade.
Grade 10 (x) will be the highest!! And at grade 10 it will be turned into mythic rarity.
This grade system can be done to new armor, weapon and ring aswel.

That way, farming will be alive, gap between rich and poor will be lessen, new player can farm hard and get to be good geared.

Thoughts?

Tatman
04-17-2015, 06:14 AM
I'd be ok with upgrading anything, provided that the upgrading procedure:
a) requires hard work/farming;
b) takes time to complete.

I'll not be ok, if the upgrading procedure:
a) includes annoying nonsense like the barrel smashing for myth helm upgrade;
b) relies purely on luck (planar pendant recipe drop);
c) can be completed by simply standing in town and buying the necessary stuff -> e.g. you have a ton of gold, you buy and pop planar chests, you loot dark crystal armors.

Thanks.

eugene9707
04-17-2015, 09:14 AM
In the weekly update, Remiem said that "You might need an upgrade", not "You gears might need an upgrade".

The one getting the upgrade is you, by getting new and better gears.

For example, if someone says "your car sucks, you need an upgrade", that means you are getting the upgrade, by getting a new car. well, thats how i see it anyways

Aprove
04-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Hmm this rumor I think was spreaded by me .-. (See My Post @Community Update 15th April, 1st Page).
Btw, It's STG's Decision whether myth set get upgraded or not. The most important thing is, I enjoy AL. Games Is Only For Fun Isn't it? :D

Dex Scene
04-17-2015, 09:57 AM
Hmm this rumor I think was spreaded by me .-. (See My Post @Community Update 15th April, 1st Page).
Btw, It's STG's Decision whether myth set get upgraded or not. The most important thing is, I enjoy AL. Games Is Only For Fun Isn't it? :D
Yes that's what we all can ask for :)

Thexkid
04-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Right on Avaree! I 100% agree and could not have said it better myself, without repeating you! ;D

debitmandiri
04-17-2015, 10:51 PM
If they upgrade Imbued sets, it will just widen the gap between rich and poor people! Most of the people can't even get to hand on current imbueds. The imbued owners (rich people mainly) will just get stronger.
It will take almost a year for other people to catch up with the golds and buy an imbued. But then new season will come and people would want better sets!

If they upgrade the mythic sets, it will kill elite farming!! Unless there are some huge crafting materials needed which can be farmed.

Anything which is super rare, is for luckiest or rich people only!!
So I would suggest new gears in elites which is not super rare but better than any available gears!!
If almost all people can farm and use them, the gap between Rich and poor will be lessen enough. The only gaps will be pets, gems and grade thing (which I'll explain down).

If these gears are not extreme rare, wouldn't they be super cheap? Where will the farmers get benefit then?
That's why we can bring grade system in the new gears.
What grade system is, nothing but an better upgrade!

Suppose, you get 1 new XYZ helm. It will be XYZ Grade I gear!
If you collect 3 same XYZ gear and you can get a dragonite bar, you can upgrade it. After upgrade, it will change it's colour and be named as XYZ grade II.
There will be different numbers of same gears needed and different craft material which will be farmable to upgrade them to next grade.
Grade 10 (x) will be the highest!! And at grade 10 it will be turned into mythic rarity.
This grade system can be done to new armor, weapon and ring aswel.

That way, farming will be alive, gap between rich and poor will be lessen, new player can farm hard and get to be good geared.

Thoughts?

XYZ gears drop only from elite chest ?
Dark crystal armor v2.0?
Same scheme like imbued...they will make it like that. Trust me

Dex Scene
04-18-2015, 01:24 AM
XYZ gears drop only from elite chest ?
Dark crystal armor v2.0?
Same scheme like imbued...they will make it like that. Trust me
Nope sorry.. not from chest!! And imbueds aren't same. Imbued is very rare.. and you don't need 3-4 imbued sets and other craft material to upgrade it to next grade!!

Oursizes
04-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Whatever sts does, I guess it will make the gap between the rich and poor larger, and the pattern will continue.

Kevin Halim
04-18-2015, 06:21 PM
No more upgrading anything... please. And imbueds shouldnt still be the best thing for lv46 cap... that would be disappointing.

If anything, they should make a quest where players can "smelt" their upgraded 36 mythics into a brand new vanity or something since we can't trade them.
That's just unfair for ppl who didn't spend real money to buy myth/imbued since they cost a million.

Zylx
04-18-2015, 06:25 PM
That's just unfair for ppl who didn't spend real money to buy myth/imbued since they cost a million.
Its already been 5 months since they were released and by expansion time, it'll be around 8 or 9. Maybe not immediately, but pretty soonafter, I would hope for something else, and I would hope that I could farm the NEW content for better gear, rather than be stuck at Planar Tombs trying to get imbueds.

e'dria♡
04-19-2015, 05:06 AM
For crying out loud. This people cries for mythics to be reused again?! Puhleaseee you dont event want recolor and reused vanities in game and now you are crying to reuse a very old mythic gear.

debitmandiri
04-19-2015, 07:14 AM
Its already been 5 months since they were released and by expansion time, it'll be around 8 or 9. Maybe not immediately, but pretty soonafter, I would hope for something else, and I would hope that I could farm the NEW content for better gear, rather than be stuck at Planar Tombs trying to get imbueds.
If u want a new gear (best) u will stuck at new elite map too :p. And trust me it will be a one hit KO heaven