PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots on Android?

lordspector
03-27-2011, 02:32 AM
Im using an HTC Desire HD running Android 2.2 currently. Has anyone heard of a way to take screenshots of pocket legends so as i can upload to the net?

xuz
03-27-2011, 02:33 AM
nope sorry but i think there is a application you can get from the android store to take screenshots.
Research it but thats what ive been told not gauranteed :)

lordspector
03-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Cool thanks il keep an eye out and if i find out il update here.

xuz
03-27-2011, 03:19 AM
no problems good luck :)

KaotiicxDream
03-27-2011, 03:58 AM
You will need to root ur phone if u want to use the apps with screenshots from the market..

There is another process but it is very complicated..

noneo
03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
You will need to root ur phone if u want to use the apps with screenshots from the market..

There is another process but it is very complicated..

I didn't have to.

Download "ShootMe". You start up the app, "hide" it, then shake your phone when you want to take a screenie, and BAM, your image is saved :)

Otukura
03-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I didn't have to.

Download "ShootMe". You start up the app, "hide" it, then shake your phone when you want to take a screenie, and BAM, your image is saved :)

Wanted to root my phone.. wasn't it the one that needs a root for only certain phones?

Bgandyful
03-27-2011, 08:57 PM
you might also try screen capture shortcut from the android market.

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 11:52 PM
ShootMe didn't require me to root my phone (Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate).

KaotiicxDream
03-28-2011, 04:32 AM
ShootMe on my HTC Desire needs rooting... That's what it said when i tried it out...

lordspector
03-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Ye i need to roor my htc desire hd too. Long process and seems complicated, might just take a pic of the image ob my phone, with my missus's phone and upload that way

noneo
03-28-2011, 06:36 PM
ShootMe on my HTC Desire needs rooting... That's what it said when i tried it out...

Hmmm that is interesting. Like Physio said, I did not have to root mine, but I know it is different for all phones.

If you like, I can create you a walk through that tells you how to take screenshots of your phone with the use of a computer. Let me know if you want me to.

p.s. Nice phone choice Physio, isn't the screen amazing!?

Physiologic
03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Hmmm that is interesting. Like Physio said, I did not have to root mine, but I know it is different for all phones.

If you like, I can create you a walk through that tells you how to take screenshots of your phone with the use of a computer. Let me know if you want me to.

p.s. Nice phone choice Physio, isn't the screen amazing!?

Super AMOLED is 2legit2quit.

KaotiicxDream
03-28-2011, 11:15 PM
I tried out ShootMe again... It won't let me "Hide" it... it goes back to "Decline" and "Accept" :(

karmakali
03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
I have the same problem with my Droid X. I can't seem to find anything that wouldn't require rooting. I am holding out to see if a safer option arises. I don't trust my skills enough to be confident I wouldn't brick my phone. Any solution is appreciated.

choco
03-29-2011, 10:40 PM
if you really wanna root easily, try superoneclick v1.7. check the list to see if your phones compatible, but its just as the name says....a one click root for most phones and ROMs....

at least in the case of moto ohones, newest drivers are 4.6.5.....not sure about the others but XDA forums should have some info for your specific phone...

Aza
03-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Rooted my Droid X with relative ease. There's a bunch of videos on how-to and what programs you'll need and I think the programs are free.

Check it out! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvB4YSIC2Vw)

adwin
04-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Depending on the revision of 2.2, you might need to root (in fact, it's linked to appropriate permissions created from /init in /dev)
MOST 2.3 roms don't need rooting in order for the shootme-likes to run. I'd recommend you check out the desire hd thread in XDA for some nice roms.
If you need help in getting S-OFF, PM me and I'll walk you through it.

There is also another way of taking screenshots: install the android SDK, and grab your screen through DDMS like this:
- run ddms, either from the tools folder, or via global run (if you have paths set up accordingly)
- you NEED to highlight your device
- select screenshot from the toolbar and you're good to go.

http://i55.tinypic.com/119ysu8.jpg

braluk
04-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Absolutely recommend rooting. This was my first android phone (Locked Dell Streak) and so I had to really read up on what to do from folks over at xda and a few other sites to learn how to root and flash new roms and change basebands. Spent hours reading before I did and do not regret it. As far as rooting, I use Universal Androot (with accompanying Superuser Permissions) and has worked for all versions from 1.6 to 2.2. Simple to use, only press of a button. It does void your warranty tho so be wary before you do anything. Additionally your phone may have a video out (mine has a HDMI out) that you could probably hook up to a computer and screen shot there.

adwin
04-06-2011, 07:02 AM
@braluk: you don't void your warranty if you're temp-rooting. You just need to do it at every boot.
If you need to RMA, then just flash over a stock firmware and you're good to go.

Tamino
04-06-2011, 08:44 AM
I tried "Screen Shot It" app. There is a free version that allows five shots only, so you can try if it works on your (unrooted) phone. It was fine and then I payed for the full version, only to realize some time later that my phone already has built-in screenshot shortkey...

Physiologic
04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Depending on the revision of 2.2, you might need to root (in fact, it's linked to appropriate permissions created from /init in /dev)
MOST 2.3 roms don't need rooting in order for the shootme-likes to run. I'd recommend you check out the desire hd thread in XDA for some nice roms.
If you need help in getting S-OFF, PM me and I'll walk you through it.

There is also another way of taking screenshots: install the android SDK, and grab your screen through DDMS like this:
- run ddms, either from the tools folder, or via global run (if you have paths set up accordingly)
- you NEED to highlight your device
- select screenshot from the toolbar and you're good to go.

(pic)

To further add to this, if DDMS does not work, perform the following:

My computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Environmental Variables > System Variables > edit variable ‘Path’ > Included “;C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools” at the end of this variable.