PDA

View Full Version : Platinum prices increased over 10% in Canada

Serancha
04-16-2015, 05:21 PM
These are the original prices, which the US players still have showing:

I believe this is new today, since I looked yesterday and didn't notice that it had been changed. Increased prices now showing in Canada:

Could we please have an explanation for this?

carmine_blade
04-16-2015, 05:36 PM
Aw that sucks. Prices here in NZ are the same, if that helps.

Schnitzel
04-16-2015, 06:25 PM
maybe the USD to Canada Dollars (not sure if that is the correct term..) exchange rate changed?

carmine_blade
04-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Aw that sucks. Prices here in NZ are the same, if that helps.

Although I should note, the NZ dollar is very strong at the moment, so in real terms each NZ dollar has more buying power; perhaps this is why there hasn't been a price increase for us.

Serancha
04-16-2015, 07:35 PM
Exchange rates have never affected plat prices in the past.

Kyle Holmes
04-16-2015, 08:27 PM
I cant even buy any plat on mine so can't check if they have increased the price on UK pounds http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/16/61345eb5659363abd012e2acaff56a90.jpg

sent from fritters beak

Dragoonclaws
04-16-2015, 09:17 PM
Exactly, When I first bought plats, I was expecting to pay 89,99 $CA but I payed 100$. The 10$ difference is not exactly scaled up with the US/CA dollar value differences..

Kaliarra
04-17-2015, 04:22 AM
Yeah it's exchange rates, right now 1 USD is equal to 1.22$ CAD

Edit: so it makes sense for it to "cost more" in Canada, the values are still the same.

Higuani
04-17-2015, 07:54 AM
Here in Belgium the price of plats have been increased aswell, Before we payed like 80+- euros for 1700 pack
Now we are hittin almost 100euros for the 1700 pack
Why on earth did they increased??

Come on..

EDIT: If you increase the price increase the amount of plats aswell

Jazzi
04-17-2015, 09:30 AM
Here in Belgium the price of plats have been increased aswell, Before we payed like 80+- euros for 1700 pack
Now we are hittin almost 100euros for the 1700 pack
Why on earth did they increased??

Come on..

EDIT: If you increase the price increase the amount of plats aswell

This is a mystery because 1 euro is actually 1.08 USD which should mean that the price in Euro should actually be lower, but it is not.

Serancha
04-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Yeah it's exchange rates, right now 1 USD is equal to 1.22$ CAD

Edit: so it makes sense for it to "cost more" in Canada, the values are still the same.

That is not the reason for it though. The listed prices have been equal for the last 2 1/2 years. We also get 12% tax added onto the listed price when we buy. I understand raising prices of merchandise over time, but to raise virtual coin prices over 10% with no notice given and for only "some" locations just feels off.

Especially when the entire game is starting to require gambling to have any success. If we were certain to get quality items for our money, it may be acceptable, but to increase the price of gambling like this? It would have been annoying enough if we had been warned about it, but to slide it in hoping we wouldn't notice is disappointing.

Sorcerie
04-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Especially when the entire game is starting to require gambling to have any success. So true it hurts.

Past few weekends we've been sucking down pet crates, each with a new pet in the box as an incentive to open more. Then we have a double odds on mythics and arcanes, and now crates are half off.

If you're not buyin plat in some form or fashion you're dead in the water. I've been playing less and less each week, and it's not just cause there's nothing to do, I just can't afford to enjoy the game like they expect me to.

Astrea
04-17-2015, 01:31 PM
I think this is what you called a ripping off, or just sts getting revenge because of the plat farmer's?

Serancha
04-17-2015, 01:37 PM
The price for platinum is already higher than in-game currency in any other game I have seen, for the amount you get. Some information from STS would be appreciated.

Magegrimm
04-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Same here but we use Euros oddly enough we pay 11 more euros for a 1700 plat... I mean wth happened?

Oursizes
04-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Obvious answer, its milking season! Remember when sts milked pl by getting people to buy tons of combo elixers to go from 76 to 77? Same type of thing, but a different situation. They're probably just hoping none of the players notice, or just keep buying.

Fiasaria
04-21-2015, 09:29 PM
in my country (Dominican Republic) we had that price for plat since a year ago

1 dollar= 44.89 pesos

carmine_blade
04-22-2015, 01:57 AM
Exchange rates have never affected plat prices in the past.

Plat prices did go up here during the last plat sale (not by a lot, but still). When I emailed support, they said it must've been because of the exchange rate.

Magegrimm
04-22-2015, 02:01 AM
Plat prices did go up here during the last plat sale (not by a lot, but still). When I emailed support, they said it must've been because of the exchange rate.
Although with the exchange rate i don't think it could rise 10/11 more euros/dollars...I don't understand much of exchange rates but if anyone does can you please calculate if it is really from the exchange rate?

SacredKnight
04-22-2015, 02:55 AM
Although I should note, the NZ dollar is very strong at the moment, so in real terms each NZ dollar has more buying power; perhaps this is why there hasn't been a price increase for us.

Actually I find that my prices have increased too... '

(From NZ)

Andrisber
04-22-2015, 01:28 PM
The price for platinum is already higher than in-game currency in any other game I have seen, for the amount you get. Some information from STS would be appreciated.

Have you ever played Asphalt 8? I mean... 2 cars for 100 euros... :D

Serancha
04-22-2015, 02:11 PM

But you're guaranteed to get the 2 cars, aren't you? You don't have to spend 100 euros gambling and "maybe" getting a single decent item if you're very lucky.

I have to say I'm unsurprised but still extremely disappointed in the lack of STS's response to this thread. What happened to this vaunted "Transparency" that Productor has been claiming recently? I've spent a lot of money here, and the recent heavy push towards even more gambling in this game, along with these unannounced price hikes, is driving people out.

Magegrimm
04-30-2015, 01:10 AM
But you're guaranteed to get the 2 cars, aren't you? You don't have to spend 100 euros gambling and "maybe" getting a single decent item if you're very lucky.

I have to say I'm unsurprised but still extremely disappointed in the lack of STS's response to this thread. What happened to this vaunted "Transparency" that Productor has been claiming recently? I've spent a lot of money here, and the recent heavy push towards even more gambling in this game, along with these unannounced price hikes, is driving people out.

14 days have passed since this thread was created and still no answer...This shows the amazing feedback they promised.

SacredKnight
04-30-2015, 02:53 AM
Hey guys, remember Scorch? So many threads and questions about it yet I don't think we've had a single reply. Some things I guess we'll never get the answers to..

Ladysophie
04-30-2015, 04:25 AM
6Euro 52cent increase since Tuesday or so.

I don't know if this is caused by international exchange rates but with the platfarm going on atm IMO it's not fair to make plat prices increase for the few customers still courageous enough to buy plat. Plat prices should be decreasing not increasing!

Btw we need a plat sale.

Wazakesy
04-30-2015, 08:34 AM

those arent "real" cars tho. Although the game is amazing, i spent like a bit of $100 and im owning all the S class cars. My favorite is the one of lotus exige s roadster. Forgot the name, but its amazing :O

Serancha
04-30-2015, 02:27 PM
6Euro 52cent increase since Tuesday or so.

I don't know if this is caused by international exchange rates but with the platfarm going on atm IMO it's not fair to make plat prices increase for the few customers still courageous enough to buy plat. Plat prices should be decreasing not increasing!

Btw we need a plat sale.

If it was exchange rates, plat prices would have always fluxuated, but they haven't, so it's not. That means that this is clearly an unannounced price hike.

Why they refuse to comment on it, and why it is rolling out slowly to different countries at different times, I don't know. Maybe it's in hopes people won't notice if they don't do it all at once.

The fact that they're doing it in this manner and refusing to comment, along with the fact that you cannot actually get anything to profit on with your plat without gambling (now that plat farming is back, prices of elixirs and ankh kits is way down), means they've lost my business and that of many others. As much as I loved this game, things like this are driving me closer to the end every week.

Magegrimm
04-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Let's keep posting here until they reply.

SacredKnight
05-01-2015, 04:20 AM
Let's keep posting here until they reply.

^_^

At the same time let's ask for a buff on Scorch :3

IMO if STS wanted to increase plat prices a straight out "We are going to increase prices because etc." (With etc. being a good reason) would have been more then enough to satisfy the player base.

Magegrimm
05-01-2015, 04:21 AM
^_^

At the same time let's ask for a buff on Scorch :3

IMO if STS wanted to increase plat prices a straight out "We are going to increase prices because etc." (With etc. being a good reason) would have been more then enough to satisfy the player base.
Exactly but the problem here Is that they didn't warn us so it's a sudden increase, we demand an answer and one month later they still haven't replied!

dhusor
05-01-2015, 04:33 AM
In uk it was 58.77pound... But now it's 70pound

Kyle Holmes
05-01-2015, 11:20 PM
They are ripping us off plain and simple. I want an answer from the mods because £70 converts to $108 so why am I paying more than people in the USA it is absolute bs and they know it. They can get done for this kind of s***t

sent from fritters beak

Magegrimm
05-02-2015, 04:20 AM
They are ripping us off plain and simple. I want an answer from the mods because £70 converts to $108 so why am I paying more than people in the USA it is absolute bs and they know it. They can get done for this kind of s***t

sent from fritters beak
I don't think they'll answer... They will probably lock this thread -.- I'm not buying any plat until they explain!

Kyle Holmes
05-02-2015, 04:50 AM
I messaged a mod and he said he's ganna message rem to look into it, I'm ganna hold out at buying more for now

sent from fritters beak

Magegrimm
05-04-2015, 12:03 PM
I messaged a mod and he said he's ganna message rem to look into it, I'm ganna hold out at buying more for now

sent from fritters beak
No response?

Kyle Holmes
05-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Nope not yet

sent from fritters beak

Justg
05-04-2015, 03:45 PM

sent from fritters beak

Easy there. We have nothing to do with the price increases in various territories. That is all Apple, and how they deal with global price currency fluctuations. No conspiracy, we love Canadians too (at least when they are not cursing at us).

Serancha
05-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Easy there. We have nothing to do with the price increases in various territories. That is all Apple, and how they deal with global price currency fluctuations. No conspiracy, we love Canadians too (at least when they are not cursing at us).

I didn't curse! It's a bit bizarre that it has never happened before, and a 10-12% hike is steep, but if it's Apple, I guess nothing to be done about it.

Thanks for the reply G.

Kyle Holmes
05-04-2015, 09:02 PM
The thing is I don't have an apple phone or have anything to do with apple

sent from fritters beak

Serancha
05-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Curiouser and curiouser... Perhaps it's a conspiracy by the international payment gateways.....

kinzmet
05-05-2015, 11:30 AM
I cant even buy any plat on mine so can't check if they have increased the price on UK pounds http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/16/61345eb5659363abd012e2acaff56a90.jpg

sent from fritters beak

Its either of the two:
1. You had your "Background Data Restrict" on.
2. Or your googleplay is outdated.

Fixes:
1. Turn you Background Data restiction off.
2. Update you googleplay to the latest version.

On the topic. In the Philippines, the price for the 10 Platinum is sooooo ridiculously high that you can already buy your entire Breakfast-lunch-dinner-and-snack for the same price with a meager 10 plats. Its one of the things why I opt to be a non-plat.

#riffOff

Dalmony
05-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Whut!! O.o

I'm in the UK and my plat prices have never once ever shown up in £ on any of the devices I've used to play (tablet, phone, pc). Maybe it's something in my google settings?

That aside the pricing hasn't changed for me since Jan 2013.

Odd!

Kyle Holmes
05-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Whut!! O.o

I'm in the UK and my plat prices have never once ever shown up in £ on any of the devices I've used to play (tablet, phone, pc). Maybe it's something in my google settings?

That aside the pricing hasn't changed for me since Jan 2013.

Odd!
It doesn't show that its in £ with me until i go and pay for it from my Google wallet

sent from fritters beak

Serancha
05-05-2015, 04:11 PM
My prices are showing up higher on the actual game interface.

If it was apple and google both suddenly adding a tariff for currency exchange rates, one would think it would have always been that way, or one would do it but not the other. Both at the same time seems weird. One would also assume that if exchange rates were being applied, that would happen after purchase like the taxes, not in the Arcane Legends menu. But maybe the AL interface is tied to the payment vendors.

I'll take G's word for it though. I don't know enough about how payment vendors work. It just all seems strange, which is why I made the thread.

Kyle Holmes
05-05-2015, 09:11 PM
This is the first game I've ever played where they add more price if your in a different country, like wtf is that about, it pickles my head. Every game I've played has had the exact exchange rate for every country. The thing is, they would prob have a lot more people buying plat if it was a bit cheaper, which would prob be more money in the long run.

sent from fritters beak

Serancha
05-06-2015, 01:54 PM
This is the first game I've ever played where they add more price if your in a different country, like wtf is that about, it pickles my head. Every game I've played has had the exact exchange rate for every country. The thing is, they would prob have a lot more people buying plat if it was a bit cheaper, which would prob be more money in the long run.

sent from fritters beak

The highest plat pack came to $100 after Canadian taxes were added. Now it would be closer to $115. While that may not be a lot to some people, there is a line that most of us must draw when it comes to budgeting. When the prices go over $100 for something, that crosses the line of acceptable expense for a lot of people.

Also, the Euro is worth MORE than the US dollar, so why were their prices raised also?

Jazzi
05-06-2015, 06:14 PM
I just want to add that it is not just apple. The price went up in the Google playstore. At least for Euro that is. Very curious indeed :)

Kyle Holmes
05-06-2015, 07:38 PM
The highest plat pack came to $100 after Canadian taxes were added. Now it would be closer to $115. While that may not be a lot to some people, there is a line that most of us must draw when it comes to budgeting. When the prices go over $100 for something, that crosses the line of acceptable expense for a lot of people.

Also, the Euro is worth MORE than the US dollar, so why were their prices raised also?
I can't justify paying that much, in England the jobs are so unstable these days its unreal. Having to do agency work and never knowing if I'll be in work the month after. And deffo not for something that goes within a couple of days popping locked

sent from fritters beak

Magegrimm
05-08-2015, 03:55 PM
So we blame you stg and you blame Apple, very convenient for us customers! Now without irony I'd like to know why this happened now and why it didn't happen before, one thing I can't understand is why is this related to Apple? Are they somehow involved and how? I know you guys need money to pay your bills but give me a break it can't raise more than 5 euros to buy platinum!

Justg
05-08-2015, 06:19 PM
So we blame you stg and you blame Apple, very convenient for us customers! Now without irony I'd like to know why this happened now and why it didn't happen before, one thing I can't understand is why is this related to Apple? Are they somehow involved and how? I know you guys need money to pay your bills but give me a break it can't raise more than 5 euros to buy platinum!

I am not blaming anyone, I am stating facts. We don;t control global price changes. Apple and Google both react to adjust. This is from February, but the cause is the same: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/09/app-store-increase-europe/

"After sending out an email to developers earlier in the week detailing App Store price changes coming to a few territories, Apple has today raised the price of apps in all countries within the European Union, Norway, Russia, and Canada. The price increases are due to shifting currency exchange rates and tax increases in some countries. "

Magegrimm
05-08-2015, 06:21 PM
I am not blaming anyone, I am stating facts. We don;t control global price changes. Apple and Google both react to adjust. This is from February, but the cause is the same: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/09/app-store-increase-europe/

"After sending out an email to developers earlier in the week detailing App Store price changes coming to a few territories, Apple has today raised the price of apps in all countries within the European Union, Norway, Russia, and Canada. The price increases are due to shifting currency exchange rates and tax increases in some countries. "
That is not nice for us customers because plat is self wasn't cheap and now... thank you very much to answer our questions g!

Serancha
05-09-2015, 12:42 PM
I wasn't blaming anyone, only trying to find out why the prices were raised so much without any announcement. Thanks G for the link.