PDA

View Full Version : what is with sexism?

azulflame
03-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Why are people sexist?

I'm a guy in america, and I agree that some friendly rivalry is OK between genders. I don't have a real problem, and plenty of jokes are make. but what I don't get is those people that are really sexist, and that girls are wimps made to serve men, I don't get that, and I would like to see what some of your opinions are.

Remember:
no flaming
keep your language clean
and keep it in control

Kossi
03-27-2011, 01:18 PM
ummm in america?
yes jokes come out but i dont think its acually that present here

azulflame
03-27-2011, 01:20 PM
It's not about the jokes. It's about the people that think that women are made to serve men that I don't get.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 01:26 PM
It's not about the jokes. It's about the people that think that women are made to serve men that I don't get.

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ) .

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-27-2011, 01:32 PM
I hate how men talk to women like

"make me a sandwich"

If I see some man so that I'm onna punch him so hard

Artemis
03-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Holy crap i hate sexist people.

Ive been told:
"Go make me a sandwhich" "Your only good for one thing" "Come to bed. We all know you want to" (Last one was after one day of dating.)

Most of them ended up getting punched.

Parasyte
03-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Haha artemis you and Brooke are probably the funniest people on the forum. Your personalities crack me up haha!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Holy crap i hate sexist people.

Ive been told:
"Go make me a sandwhich" "Your only good for one thing" "Come to bed. We all know you want to" (Last one was after one day of dating.)

Most of them ended up getting punched.

See this is exactly what I hate, especially the first one, that really gets on my nerves :( (I'm a male btw, and not gey)

Parasyte
03-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Ya at my school i hear alot of "Your only good for Cooking Cleaning and s*x" "Go get me a sandwich"

Some of these people i just want to punch in the face it is so annoying how some guys treat girls.

Zeus
03-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Why are people sexist?

Is that girls are wimps made to serve men,

This isn't true?! What!? Not Possible! JK, In a relationship, I believe both partners are equal, I'd never treat my girlfriend like someone who is below me, it's just rude and utter disrespect. Doesn't show that you truly care for her.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Ya at my school i hear alot of "Your only good for Cooking Cleaning and s*x" "Go get me a sandwich"

Some of these people i just want to punch in the face it is so annoying how some guys treat girls.

WTF! Now that is totally effed in the head -.-

/end rant

Artemis
03-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Sexist central: Mylifeisbro.com

Ive read things from that website like "What is Sarah Palin doing in alaska? She should be in the kitchen" "I got mad at my girlfriend. So i made her give me a brojob while making me a sandwhich" "I saw this hot chick working at subway, she knows how to make good sandwhiches."

Lesrider
03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
I get annoyed with all the tv shows that have fat men with hot wives. WTF?? You'd never see a fat girl with a hot boyfriend on tv.

Zeus
03-27-2011, 02:39 PM
I get annoyed with all the tv shows that have fat men with hot wives. WTF?? You'd never see a fat girl with a hot boyfriend on tv.

Well, That's because there are more hot girls then hot guys in the world. :D. Plus, a lot of girls I know are SO insecure, makes me mad. They go for a guy they think won't dump them because they don't feel "worthy" enough to date the guy they actually find attractive. (This doesn't go for all the girls! Just something I noticed)

karmakali
03-27-2011, 05:59 PM
One good aspect of coming off as a good subservient woman is that they never make you the primary suspect is a chauvinistic mans death ;)

Junside
03-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I say "make me a sammich" all the time. But always in cases where it's practically impossible to make a sandwich.

Christina always goes "..." I think she gets mad when I ask her to make me sandwiches, cupcakes, and I forgot what else. lol

But wow, I have never seen extreme and serious sexist comments yet in-game. Female players kick my *** all the time in PVP. :o

BTW... I love sandwiches. :rolleyes:

Zeus
03-27-2011, 06:51 PM
I say "make me a sammich" all the time. But always in cases where it's practically impossible to make a sandwich.

Christina always goes "..." I think she gets mad when I ask her to make me sandwiches, cupcakes, and I forgot what else. lol

But wow, I have never seen extreme and serious sexist comments yet in-game. Female players kick my *** all the time in PVP. :o

BTW... I love sandwiches. :rolleyes:

You got Christina mad! I thought that wasn't possible! Lol. :D

EDIT: Or the reason may be that she is getting mad because she can't cook :D. (I don't know if this is true)

Disclaimer: If Christina see this, please don't beat me up in PvP later.

Junside
03-27-2011, 07:10 PM
You got Christina mad! I thought that wasn't possible! Lol. :D

EDIT: Or the reason may be that she is getting mad because she can't cook :D. (I don't know if this is true)

Disclaimer: If Christina see this, please don't beat me up in PvP later.

She knows I love her lots :rolleyes: But I wish she'd chill out sometimes. The only time I see her happy is when she beats me at PVP. Sadist much?

Rebel
03-27-2011, 07:10 PM
I heard a "joke" the other day.

"How do you fix a broken dishwasher?"
A: "Slap her"

Now, I'm all for a good laugh, but some of these newer "jokes" are not comical at all, but simply mean and uncalled for. Society is just getting so used to hearing these types of things that it's starting to become everyday, no double take, sort of talk and act.

romgar1
03-27-2011, 07:22 PM
We are equal but different. I wont mention stereotypes since they tend to change with culture. Its sad to see overbearing hateful men and women who use manipulation to get their way. Selfishness is bad no matter who it is.

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 08:49 PM
There is a guy at work that punches me all the time, in the arm or something. He means to play (I think), but he hits hard. I almost hit him, and then I stopped myself. He was like "no, do it do it" and laughing. I told him no, but he kept egging me on, so I slapped him across the face (well, he told me to) Then he started threatening me saying that he didn't care if I was a girl, he would drop me anyway and was cussing me out.

Zeus
03-27-2011, 08:55 PM
There is a guy at work that punches me all the time, in the arm or something. He means to play (I think), but he hits hard. I almost hit him, and then I stopped myself. He was like "no, do it do it" and laughing. I told him no, but he kept egging me on, so I slapped him across the face (well, he told me to) Then he started threatening me saying that he didn't care if I was a girl, he would drop me anyway and was cussing me out.

This reminds me of something... Aside from the cussing part.

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 08:55 PM

Lol your real life 1v1 where you got PWND by a GIRL?

Kingofhurtz
03-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I hardly ever see this in school or in public. Maybe I just choose not to notice it... :( And that's horrible Brooke! Did you tell the manager or owner?

romgar1
03-27-2011, 08:59 PM
So where does this guy live again Brooke?

Zeus
Lol your real life 1v1 where you got PWND by a GIRL?

PWND by my girlfriend. Yes... :( My jaw is sore.

Kingofhurtz
LOL I didn't realize what you meant til now xD. Your smiling face is burnt into my brain!

Zeus
03-27-2011, 09:00 PM
I hardly ever see this in school or in public. Maybe I just choose not to notice it... :( And that's horrible Brooke! Did you tell the manager or owner?

If she told the manager, it would possible put her in an even worse situation. The dude sounds like he is physichotic, Romgar would probably set him straight.

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 09:02 PM

Nope, didn't tell anyone. He sort of stopped, though. He apologized. We get along, but I still have a distaste for him.

And LOL Dave, have you already got your gun ready?

romgar1
03-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Im not saying i would do anything but um pm me his phone number. ;)

Zeus
03-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Im not saying i would do anything but um pm me his phone number. ;)

LOL! David, you sir are hilarious.

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Lmao funny thing is, he got his car stolen soon after. I was like haha...

Frenzyn
03-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Who cares what other people say?
:o The only one i know that is actually pretty extremely sexist is ray william johnson, but i don't watch his show.

Zeus
03-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Lmao funny thing is, he got his car stolen soon after. I was like haha...

Is David your guardian angel? :D

Kingofhurtz
03-27-2011, 09:08 PM
:o The only one i know that is actually pretty extremely sexist is ray william johnson, but i don't watch his show.

Can't forget emin3m!!!! Used to be anyways...before rehab.

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Is David your guardian angel? :D

Lol yeah, Dave did you steal his car? It had a $5000 dollar engine in it bahahahah

romgar1
03-27-2011, 09:25 PM
It was pretty fast.... was. And brooke my guns are ALWAYS ready

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 09:31 PM
It was pretty fast.... was. And brooke my guns are ALWAYS ready

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz126/WhatWillComeOfThis/CUTE%20FUNNY%20Animals/cat_gun.jpg

romgar1
03-27-2011, 09:56 PM
LOL! What? I thought it was a cat burglar.

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 09:58 PM
LOL! What? I thought it was a cat burglar.

Lol I just looked up guns and this one was cute.

Artemis
03-27-2011, 10:00 PM

RWJ is so funny! I love his show.

StompArtist
03-28-2011, 07:01 AM
I hate how men talk to women like

"make me a sandwich"

If I see some man so that I'm onna punch him so hard

- Make me a sandwich... Please! lol

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
- Make me a sandwich... Please! lol

Forgot to mention if they were being realistic LOL.