PDA

View Full Version : Forum bug: Google Translate

Suntv
03-27-2011, 01:29 PM
I'd like to report a bug concerning this great forum. Since a few days all computers I use to access the forum show a Google Translate bar above the forum. I have tested this on 5 different Pc's, 2 iPads, an iPhone and a laptop. In the Netherlands, Europe.

The Google Translate bar is highly annoying and you can't turn it off. Well you can until you load a thread and it starts all over again.

Did anyone else encounter this Google Failure? :mad:

Samhayne
03-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi Suntv. We added Google Translate to the forum and it auto pop's up the bar if you are connecting with a different default language from English. The hope was to help people who's native language isn't English, rather than to annoy people. Thanks for your feedback. We'll take another look at what it's doing.

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi Suntv. We added Google Translate to the forum and it auto pop's up the bar if you are connecting with a different default language from English. The hope was to help people who's native language isn't English, rather than to annoy people. Thanks for your feedback. We'll take another look at what it's doing.

It's not worth it [the time]. It does that to EVERY site, it's how Google Translate works.

EDIT: Wait, is it even for English too? Maybe you have a different default language?

Samhayne
03-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Hmm, made minor tweak - try again now please Suntv.

KaotiicxDream
03-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I tried the translator.. It is really hard to read it after I translated it.. From English to Danish... So hard . A lot of thinking required..

I see the translator is gone :)

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Translator is still here on my browser (Firefox 3.6.16).

Suntv
03-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Hmm, made minor tweak - try again now please Suntv.

Right now it's gone. I tested it on a Windows 7 laptop and an iPad. I know it's there to help those whose native language isn't English, it's a good cause. Guess the irritation was all about the re-appearance after killing it. Next time I'll rethink my posts after formulating them ;)