PDA

View Full Version : Spammer

_ck
04-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm just now in the town and someone named Arndragon keeps spamming about "buy cheap gold at [retracted].com".

Not sure if you have any way of verifying this, but I thought I'd let you know.

Hooblaim
04-11-2010, 09:33 AM
You cant even trade gold or items in game, so it is a fake / lie.

Dizko
04-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Yea and as if anyone has enough gold to start selling for real money. My 3200 kills has only got me 21k.

And on the spammer note - there's a lot of people in Towne just spamming the chat with stupid words like rape and gay. "AnalAssassin" is one particularly annoying twat.

_ck
04-11-2010, 11:36 AM
The link I retracted that this guy was spamming (over and over) didn't even work, but still, a spammer is a spammer.

Samhayne
04-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the head's up. As Justg posted in the Forum Rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27-Message-Forum-Rules) everything that is typed into the game is recorded. If you see someone that's being a jerk or otherwise offensive, drop us a line at support -at- spacetimestudios.com (or better yet take a picture by clicking your power button and home button at the same time on your iPhone and forwarding that picture to support -at- spactimestudios.com)

People who are jerks and break our rules will be banned. And this isn't just a ban where they can make another account and come back, but it bans that device's ID, which means no logging into Pocket Legends from that phone, ipod, or ipad again, ever.

We're also aware that sending an e-mail to let us know about problems is probably not the best ways for users to report issues to us and we're talking about how that process can be made more convenient for our users. We really respect your business and want Pocket Legends to be spammer and jerk free so you can play without such annoyances.

Thanks again!

Justg
04-11-2010, 12:13 PM
That user and their phone is now banned from the game. We will be coming out with a statement tomorrow about our CS policy, but the gist is this:

There will be zero-tolerance for jerks. We can and will ban people's devices, so if you break the rules you will never be able to play this game on that phone, ipod, or ipad again. Ever.

It is tough for us to hang out in townes all the time, so we need to figure out a way for the people to self-moderate. For now we are going to ask you to email us at support -at- spacetimestudios.com (with a screenshot of the offender if possible). False reports will also be dealt with. We will be looking for better tools in the near future.

Thanks for all the support, and our apologies that a few jerks are impacting your play experience. We'll get rid of them.

nightsky
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
hum I highly recommend coming off with a 1-3 day ban plus warning. than on the 2ed offence maybe go to that extreme measure. I mean if I get in to a heated argument with someone and i say a few things i did not really mean at the time (you know how that is). i do not want to just be gone from the game forever. you know. The guys spamming chat would get the message and stop spamming after a short ban and warning if not than he gets what he gets.

Justg
04-11-2010, 03:17 PM
We recommend that you behave in game all the time.

Dizko
04-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Good advice.

I mean if you get that annoyed at someone maybe you need to take a break. I understand that 'in the moment' we often say things without first considering it - but think about it, typing on the ipod/iphone isn't that fast (or me at least), surely by then you could see that what you are saying is inappropriate.

_ck
04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Exactly. It's not like there's voice-over chatting.. Taking the time to type means you gotta be pretty mad since it's so cumbersome.

_ck
04-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Anyway, good to hear you guys are dealing with the jerks and spammers. That one was the only one I've noticed though, so it doesn't seem to be a big problem.

nightsky
04-11-2010, 08:34 PM
lol good tips :p