PDA

View Full Version : Critical Changes!- Must See!

Kossi
03-27-2011, 04:42 PM
THIS THREAD IS UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION

I, love this game alot.

but there are some changes that are critical to be made:

Please read all, it took me a LONG TIME to make this thread, and even longer to gather all the facts

Also, i would LOVE for quite a few devs to comment on this
i hate to see most of my suggestion go unnoticed.

I. PvP Rewards
II. PvP Changes
III. The Crowding Money Problem
VI. Guilds
V. Use of Townes
VI. Platinum Prices
VII. Farewell to Pinks
VIII. Potions
IX. Chat
X. Messaging
XI. Pets
XII. Low Level Leechers
XIII. World of Ruin (aka pvp p2)

I. Pvp rewards-

This is a MUST for all MMO's!
for now, there is almost no point to pvp, except a break from grinding
and this saddens me. all i do is pvp, but i never get a reward :(. im sure alot of other players feel the same

if pvp rewards were introduced into PL, we could go from 0-4 pvp games running for twinks/mains to 75-100 Pvp games running for twinks/mains.

Rewards?
-Abilities
-Vanities
- PvP perks
-Money Money Money! (see staking)

II. PvP Changes

-PvP needs a complete revamp.

1. "Always buffed"
-don't you hate it when you buff and kill someone with a buff also and its a fair fight, and they respawn and run back to you, and you die. because your cooldown was too slow.

Solution? "unlimited buffs"
this would mean what as soon as your buff times out, you can buff again with half the mana cost. (also, mages get fast mana shield cooldown 3x less)
THIS WILL ONLY BE IN PVP, NOT PVE

this will benefit the people who are great at pvp and wont die because the other person had buffs when they didnt.

this will discourage running and kiting in some ways, because people will no longer have to wait frustrated for their buffs to come back so they can get back in action.

PVP MAPS
- Forest fight and forest manor...sigh

are you sick of seeing forest fight and forest manor every game?
i am.

SOLUTION: Quick Host
-Whenever a person goes to host a pvp game, they have the option to "quick host" a PVP GAME (not pve)
this would mean that there would be more of a variety of pvp games in the "join game" option.

STAKING
This is TONS of MMO's
this is when you and another player duel, and whoever wins, get the items/money the other person risked
-How this works-
Player 1 duels Player 2
player one puts up 100k for stake, and player 2 puts up 100k for his stake.
they go to a custom map in 1 v 1, where it is the first-to 3 game, and whoever gets to 3 first, wins the other person's stake
ex. player 2 wins, he recieves: his 100k and player 1's 100k stake.

RULES!

1. YOU CAN ONLY STAKE YOUR OWN CLASS
this means:
bears vs bears
elfs vs elfs
birds vs birds

STRICTLY

2. Level differences.
- One can not stake anyone over 4 levels of them
ex. a level 25 can stake a level 21, but not a level 20.
a level 25 can stake a lv29, but not a level 30.
(this prevents being OP by an entire campaign)

3. Maximun Stake.
A player can only stake 2x in thousands of their maximum level.
Ex. a level 55 can stake a maximum of 110k, while a level 25 can stake a max of 50k.

4. Location.
All staking will take place in fathom crypt.
why? it will give purpose to this ghost towne.
When a player enters fathom crypt, they are able to recieve duel invites.
as long as being able to do quests and see the vendor(s)? there.

5. How it works!
- player1 invites player2.
- *map screen*
- both players must choose the same map in order for the stake to take place
-*both accept*
-* goes to duel screen*
- (duel screen is basically where you put up your stakes, and both players accept, like they would do a trade.
- *both accept*
- redirects both players to a 1 v 1 map where spectators cannot join
- the server waits 10 seconds for the duel to start, and they both duke it out
- once a player dies, they have a max of 10 seconds to respawn, or else they auto-respawn.
- this happens until one player reaches 3.
- BOOM player 1 wins, and wins the spoils

6. YES I KNOW
the devs arent in favor of staking, because its like "gambling"
most successful MMO's have a form of staking, weather if it's pvp or dueling.
Hopefully they will change their minds!

7. The solution! (this is for you, devs)
- If the devs are uncertain if they should add staking, let them make a poll and let the community decide, but have them read this thread first, it will clear up ALL of their doubts.

Summary-
this plan will make staking less likely for people to get scammed by people who are overpowered, or they didnt know what they got themselves into by staking 1M or more.
+1,000,000 pretzels.

III. The crowding money problem

This explains it all.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/5bf2e951.jpg

DO YOU SEE THAT NUMBER (of coins) IN THE BOTTOM?

-confusing right?
i cant tell my # of pots from my # of coins

-this is my suggestion:
add commas between every 3 numbers

-Ex. i have 1,500,000 coins and the numbers are crowding up my screen
turn the 1,500,000 into 1500K, meaning 1.5M

-honestly, i dont know anyone who would care if they cant see every last hunred of coins in their inventory if they have 100-1000k

-this would make scammer's jobs much harder, and it would just be good for the general players.

EDIT: they also use this in runescape, and is very helpful in turning a 11-digit number into a 5-digit number.
e.g. 20,000,000,000 (20B) into 20,000M

VI. Guilds
This is also a MUST in all MMO's!
a developer mentioned the guild function would be released in 1.7, and im doubtful if it will ever come

all guilds (including AEO) are low in activity because there is no efficient way to talk to the other members of your guild

This must be added into guilds:
/g ______

basically, like clan chat, where you type /g then message to send a message to all people in that chat

They probably (almost certain) they have plans for guilds, but nothing in perfect on release.

V. Use of Townes
so heres my suggestion. make each towne have a certain function

ill try to make this simple and to the point.

FH Towne- Stash/ Potion seller/Crafting site
Dark forest- No purpose
Balefort- Consignment shoppe
Fathom Crypt- No purpose
Frost Hollow- No purpose
Lake Louie- No Purpose
Sewers- Crafting...
Alien Oasis- No purpose

heres MY use for the townes! (with purpose)
FH Towne- Stash/ Potion seller/Crafting site/Pet Shop
Dark Forest-Clothes customization Stand! you choose the design of your clothes (without armour)
Fathom Crypt-Staking central! come here to stake other players in pvp in a new fathom crypt (small) map! (Staking only available in this towne), also, this is where you claim PvP rewards
Frost hollow-Towne Clock!/ Guild Headquarters, meet your guild here!
Lake Louie- make the apothecary actually make you potions you can use later (1.5x dmg, armour, xp, speed, etc)
Sewers-Potion seller/Slime Boss- kill this boss every 24 hours to recieve special rare loot.
Alien Oasis- WATERFALL and Player-owned housing

VI. Platinum Prices
- This may not be a problem for most people, but for me it is.
ive bought about 450 platinum, and im starting to wonder what it got me

i bought mostly 75 plat packs, and that equals to about 30$!
that's 6 months of membership of Runescape, and ive been playing PL for a lot less
also, there (sorry to say) is much more content in Runescape

Ex. The lv30 legendary item pack is 35p
when i saw this i was speechless
$5 for some pinks! that an entire month's membership to runescape, and its only lv20!

THE SOLUTION:
-Benefits for platinum purchasers.
When someone hits 300 platinum purchased, give them stuff for free.

DEVS! THIS IS GOOD!
it will encourage people to go up to 300 plat so they can get these perks
also, in my opinion, they should have never charged us for these things at all.

Free Features:
Unlimited Magic Mirror
Unlimited Avatar page changes
Unlimited Re-specs
Unlimited Characters
Unlimited Stash/ Inventory spaces (500 per char)

NONE OF THESE BENEFIT THE PLAYER's PERFORMANCE IN COMBAT

Platinum-Purchased:
Maps
Item Packs
Vanities
Platinum potions

VII. Farewell to pinks

this is a solution to when a new map comes out, and every item from the previous map crashes in prices.
even i, kossi can not think of a solution to this one, and i would gladly take suggestions.

VIII. Potions
- we should be able to make our own potions!
the last skill that was added, crafting, didnt go so well (m/s to h/s on wands?)

This is the next skill.
For Potion-Making (Herblore :cool:), a player goes to the apothecary in lake louie, and if they have the items needed to make a certain potion, the apothecary will make it for them

Note: the items needed to make a potion will be commonly dropped, and the effect will be a 50% increase in:

Damage
Armour
XP
Speed
Luck

Unlike the 100% increase in store-bought potions.

How to use them?
-easy, there will be a tab (above emotes) where you tap, and a array of pre-made potions will be available for your use in all PvE dungeons.

IX. Chat

there needs to be clan chat. period

this is when you join a chat room, and you talk using the /c function or the /g function for guilds
clan chats will be joined by entering in a players name and it will connect you to the chat room, where you can still be in a dungeon and only chat when necessary
also, all messages made in clan chat will be seen by everyone in the chatbox

the owner of the clan chat can rank people moderators to boot people from the chat if they are being inappropriate.

X. Messaging
- This one is for the forum
i hate when i log on, and i have 2 or 3 messages and i want to respond to them
i dont like waiting an entire minute to respond to the messages, especially when i have them all already typed out

SOLUTION- Impliment a private messaging system where you can lick on a person's profile/comment and send them a message without any wait. OR
ReDuce it to 20 seconds for senior members, and 40 seconds for members and junior members

XI. Pets (familiars)
we need pets!
first off, to avoid lag, you can only see YOUR pet, and not anyone else's.

these pets can be fed and raised to fight side-by-side with you, and you can also use them in pvp
each class will be able to get a specific pet
Also, in a dungeon, you will be able to see your teammate's pets, because you need to see what is attacking what monster, not an invisible person hitting numbers on a random mob.

BIRD: phoenix
BEAR: rock golem
MAGE: Lynx

Note- i got these off the top of my head, feel free to comment on changes on these.

XII. Low Level Leechers

HUGE problem in PL today.
leechers joining a game where they get the good loot without doing anything to deserve it.
usually these are never people within the levels of the reccommended campaign, this is for those below.

Also, low levels also have a better chance of getting better loot than a high level. (why??)

PROOF

ex. 1: When pharcyde helped me level in hidden passage, i recieved much more pinks and purples than he did...
every time

ex 2:
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii332/ckcheah78/6b520981.jpg

ex 3: i seem to get a lot more recipies on my lower level than on my main when farming meathead

SOLUTION:
make a min. level needed to recieve loot in a campaign.
(within 5 levels of the campaign cap reccommended)
e.h. BS- min of level 50 to recieve loot.

WELCOME, ONE AND ALL TO KOSSIS PvP SOLUTION!

Thread under construction

So i notice less than...a miniscule portion of the community pvp's

so i asked some people who had smal amounts of experience in pvp, why they did not participate as much.

their answer was either:

-I don't benefit from pvp
or
-its too hard

we cannot fix the difficulty of pvp if we want to keep it skill based, but we can fix the benefits

-lets take a look at the current benefits:
none.

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM

everytime i go on pl and search up a pvp game, theres almost noone there!
and pvp is the only reason alot of people stay with mmo's

here is the solution!

so ive thought this out for a very long time to come up with a solution to get people to pvp without people abusing it, and here it is.

there should be pvp maps, where the area is about the size of the first 4 townes combined.
BIG

why so big, kossi? ill tell you why.

a player walks into the World of Ruin (first pvp mega-map)
the world of ruin will consist of: a fathom crypt-style map about 4x times the size of the towne, and hold up to 30 players
there will be barriers of course, but simply short barricades and trees, so people can get their buffs back before they charge once again into battle
when 2 players fight in the world of ruin, noone else can attack them! this means NO tagging, where 2 players are fighting and a third one wants to join the party.
when a player wins a fight, they recieve EVERY ITEM THE OPPONENT WAS WEARING

ALSO, here are come side-notes (dont worry, ill cover them)
- Hitpoints will be doubled
- Potions will be allowed (.2 second cooldown, seperate from skills)
- Players cannot leave during a fight, or they will automatically die and lose what they risked
- Lower HP= Higher Hits (similar to Dharok, in RS)
- items such as Cyber and Black ice can be lost, but you can reclaim them for a small fee

so lets talk hitpoints.

why double hitpoints? they already doubled them!

well, since you can risk up to millions (or thousands) at a time, you dont want to die in a second because your internet in .125 seconds behind everyone else's. (not to mention all of it will go to waste)
with this:
Elfs will get 800 HP
Bears will get 1200 HP
Birds will get 1000 HP

with this, people will apply huge amounts of skill and tactics in order to trap and defeat their opponent, unlike the current pvp, where its who-can-get-hellscream-to-hit-first.

---THIS IS ONLY IN PVP MEGA-MAPS---

Lets talk potions.

Some of you see this title and say: What? that will totally unbalance PVP!1!11!!
oh contraire.

with the pvp mega-maps, you will engage in fights that can last minutes at a time, because hey, youre risking all your stuff.
Potions will be as much as you wish to bring in the map (up to 9,999)

"kossi, i people will abuse them!"
fear not, we are all aware of the future safe potion-spammers of tomorrow.

my solution? cripple them.
when a players uses a potion, or heals, their damage does down, meaning if you heal to full, youre not going to hit very high.
this makes people take risks in order to get that deadly combo in, if their opponent wants to risk it for that biscuit (or shadow set :cool:)
also, potions will have a .2 second cooldown time, seperate from skill cooldown. (only in these maps)
also, potions will heal the same amout of HP, maybe 1.25% more? maybe.

Lets talk leavers.

this is a topic ive thought about for awhile, and ive come up with a solution:

whenever a person leaves a game, they automatically lose the fight, and whatever they wore goes to the opponent as their spoils.

"but what if i lag out? D:"
- make sure your internet connection is fine before you enter the world of ruin.

"what if my battery dies"
- Charge it before hand.

Lets talk blackice and Cyber.we all know that if we risk losing our cyber or black ice, there is NO WAY we're going in there with that

solution: you lose them! but with a..solution yet again :D
when you lose a black-ice item, you can return to the person who rewarded the item and buy it back for a small fee of 10k.
Cyber: same thing, go back to the ghost or lady at forest haven and get it back for a price of 50k.

people are worried that when they get a kill, someone will attack them and get both loots.
-fear not, when you get a kill, you have the option to automatically leave the map and go the towne, without dying because you left.
of course, you can decline the option.

LEVEL RESTRICTIONS

in fathom crypt, (yes, im giving a function to that ghost-town), there will be portals for:

level 10-14
level 15-19
level 20-24
level 25-29
level 30-34
level 35-39
level 40-44
level 45-49
level 50-56 <---yeah i had to change it up a bit

with these leel restrictions, people will not have a huge advantage by having an entire campaign-full armour and weapons advantage.

once you enter a portal, there will be 10 slots to choose from
the slots show how many people are in each map, so you dont end up looking around for a half hours hopelessly trying to find someone.

once you enter a portal, you will spawn in a random area of the map, a decent amount of space between another enemy

there will be no teams, this is free for all, but you can check who is in the map, or how many.

NOTE TO DEVS:
this is not gambling, and it will be difficult to scam someone

they have to be at least a level 10 to start, and will go through a tutorial on each character they go to world of ruin for the first time.
AND, they will need at least 50 (safe) pvp kills in order to go through the portal.

before one enters WoR, there will be a reminder telling you that if you die, all items will be lost.

This gives pvp a purpose!
tons of pvp lovers from every mmo will gaze at pocket legend's pvp system and be amazed at the amount of awesomeness it contains.

just incase you didnt know, safe pvp will still be available.

thanks for reading,
-Kossi

Major
03-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Pretty much agree to all of this, especially the guild/clan chat.....we really need this, also we need in game guilds now.

icantgetkills
03-27-2011, 04:51 PM
im rating this thread 5 i have never seen so many good ideas in one thread i hope to see this in upcoming updates i really like the use of townies!
i like all your ideas kossi good job i could of done a thread like this but hay im lazy ^.^

Arterra
03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
there should be a required quest that teaches you about all the / commands. that would really help lol

Kossi
03-27-2011, 04:53 PM
added a new section

Potawto
03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
+1
10 chars/

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Ummm well...some of these points are little kiddy "this is unfair" points. Not to be a flamer or anything.
Anyway, for example, VII. Game Boys used to sell for, what, 50 bucks each? DS came, out Game Boys are 5 bucks now. This is called the economy. I like the make pots option. the 300 plat everything else free option is a no-no. The devs decided to make this NOT monthly for a reason. Who knows? I feel that this current system is comfortable. Also, lots of kids parent's have problems with subscriber payment. (It's happened to me and WoW b4, when I was like, 14 (?)) Towne Clock? Are you serious? That would be the lamest purpose I have ever seen! I think you should also include [more of] THE FUTURE in here. This is a great post and all, but Pets and Guilds should be coming out soon. Frost Hollow = Guild HQs? Maybe? I dunno. Maybe FH gets a Pet Shop.

Anyway, sorry for the itsy bitsy parts of mean-tone typing, this post is great, but you are just focusing on the current for some of these points.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Towne Clock? Are you serious?

fine, it will be the Guild HQ, although more suggestions could make it different

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:00 PM
fine, it will be the Guild HQ, although more suggestions could make it different

Compromise. Guild HQ's have Clox.

Free Clocks Pl0x?

icantgetkills
03-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Ummm well...some of these points are little kiddy "this is unfair" points. Not to be a flamer or anything.
Anyway, for example, VII. Game Boys used to sell for, what, 50 bucks each? DS came, out Game Boys are 5 bucks now. This is called the economy. I like the make pots option. the 300 plat everything else free option is a no-no. The devs decided to make this NOT monthly for a reason. Who knows? I feel that this current system is comfortable. Also, lots of kids parent's have problems with subscriber payment. (It's happened to me and WoW b4, when I was like, 14 (?)) Towne Clock? Are you serious? That would be the lamest purpose I have ever seen! I think you should also include [more of] THE FUTURE in here. This is a great post and all, but Pets and Guilds should be coming out soon. Frost Hollow = Guild HQs? Maybe? I dunno. Maybe FH gets a Pet Shop.

Anyway, sorry for the itsy bitsy parts of mean-tone typing, this post is great, but you are just focusing on the current for some of these points.

the clock would be a cool feature thats all ^.^ and forest haven pet shop would be cool :)

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:02 PM
the clock would be a cool feature thats all ^.^ and forest haven pet shop would be cool :)

made the pet shop in sewers, that place isnt good for much :/

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:03 PM
made the pet shop in sewers, that place isnt good for much :/

Yes, we can have slime pets.
I just think putting it in FH is more practical.
The Slime Monster Arena can go to Sewers, but why would you go to the Sewers and buy a pet? D=

aluxuryhoggy
+1
Well done! I pretty much agree with everything. Especially the use of towns and potions
Well done
:D

hawkei
Would mages get to keep shields for the buff? Because it would be unfair that they would have to wait for their mana shield to cool down

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Yes, we can have slime pets.
I just think putting it in FH is more practical.
The Slime Monster Arena can go to Sewers, but why would you go to the Sewers and buy a pet? D=

i had the slime monster as my first suggestion in my old thread, but it got too much...meh.
yea, i guess that could work

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Would mages get to keep shields for the buff? Because it would be unfair that they would have to wait for their mana shield to cool down

yeah, ill add that

icantgetkills
03-27-2011, 05:13 PM
the devs MUST SEE THIS rate it 5 stars! everyone :D
and the pvp cool downs instantly coming back i dont like at all only thing sorry they should run use team work and they would have to find a way to not boosst pvp rewards how? make pvp games so people cant boost randoms wont want to boost well i wont ill want to dominate the other team :D and it should just go on kills as some classes get less kills i.e bear and in ctf getting caps should give the same PvP points as 5 kills

WhoIsThis
03-27-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure that PvP should give any abilities other than money - it may turn people away from the game entirely. People should not be forced to PvP if they don't want to and should not be penalized in any way in PvE. Otherwise, if there are abilities from PvP, they should be made available in PvE.

As for staking, I'm not sure that encouraging gambling is a good idea for the game, especially considering that there are quite a few younger players here.

hawkei
03-27-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't think the devs will agree with the unlimited characters, re-specs, inventory slots, ect.... They need to make money for their hard work. Don't they?

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:16 PM
i had the slime monster as my first suggestion in my old thread, but it got too much...meh.
yea, i guess that could work

Balefort Sewers=Apply for Janitor Job. You pay some plat for a steady stream of gold per week. Maybe. Or maybe it's a reward for when you reach a certain req.

icantgetkills
03-27-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure that PvP should give any abilities other than money - it may turn people away from the game entirely. People should not be forced to PvP if they don't want to and should not be penalized in any way in PvE. Otherwise, if there are abilities from PvP, they should be made available in PvE.

As for staking, I'm not sure that encouraging gambling is a good idea for the game, especially considering that there are quite a few younger players here.

i dont think abilities should be implemented but staking is in everygame.. 12 year olds play rs and wow but it still has staking and i think the alien oasis townie should have staking

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:19 PM

a ton of mmo's have it, even runescape which is filled with young players.
gambling really isnt a problem imo

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:19 PM
i dont think abilities should be implemented but staking is in everygame.. 12 year olds play rs and wow but it still has staking and i think the alien oasis townie should have staking

IK! srsly we need staking. Official staking.

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 05:20 PM
PvP is flawed in so many ways, it shouldn't foster any rewards whatsoever, especially when certain classes have clear-cut advantages over other classes. GCD is but only the first step in "fixing" PvP, and even so, classes will still be very unbalanced. In addition, staking aka gambling in PvP is a definitive no.

Just because other MMOs feature certain things doesn't make it right.

Kossi

took out pve perks.

noobmigo
PvP is flawed in so many ways, it shouldn't foster any rewards whatsoever, especially when certain classes have clear-cut advantages over other classes. GCD is but only the first step in "fixing" PvP, and even so, classes will still be very unbalanced. In addition, staking aka gambling in PvP is a definitive no.

Come ON phys, don't wreck the staking.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:21 PM

ill make it so you can only stake against your own class

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:22 PM

Nah, it's ok, don't change it.

EDIT: Why? Because you do NOT have to stake against other classes unwillingly. It is your decision to stake against other classses. If you feel it is unbalanced, then don't stake. Easy as that.

hawkei
03-27-2011, 05:23 PM
I think the only people won't complain about pvp Is if there were no skills. Like runescape, back and forth back and forth, eat food, back and forth

Acyer
Agree 100% on all the mentioned additions guilds being top priority,but imho until B* is released I wouldn't look for any big changes to pl. I hope the devs add guilds soon cause The pug groups are getting bad.

Kossi
Nah, it's ok, don't change it.

no, he's right, class vs class staking is a must

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 05:24 PM

I'm not even arguing for or against staking...I'm just saying the devs said no to gambling, and staking IS gambling :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling#Staking_systems

hawkei

It would be the players choice if a Mage wants to fight a bird

noobmigo
no, he's right, class vs class staking is a must

I edited it. You quoted too fast bud.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm not even arguing for or against staking...I'm just saying the devs said no to gambling, and staking IS gambling :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling#Staking_systems

what about PvP?
pvp is gambling in all mmo's (excapt a few)
you risk your armour and gear..

aluxuryhoggy
03-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Just because other MMOs feature certain things doesn't make it right.

I agree with you, even tho I don't Pvp much ( because its to messed up) I'm always hearing people complaining about how they are awful just because they're a bear or something, I hope there working on a way to fix this. :/
-alux

icantgetkills
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
what about PvP?

agreed i dont no an mmo that pvp/staking isnt in it.. staking and pvp brings hype and people want to play it eg play plat for the ctf maps etc... my 20 plat went to waste :/

but staking anything class should be aloud its your choice! if i want my bear to vs a bird then i will do it... its not like your forced to vs overpowered classes

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
what about PvP?

That's why the devs chose not to go through the paths of staking items in PL, because it is first a form of gambling, and secondly it is highly likely there will be more birds winning stakes than any other class. Inherent design flaws to the PvP system gives one class almost all the odds of winning. And yes, your suggestion would fix that (bird vs bird only match for stakes) but that's still a gambling issue.

The only instance in which I've seen "gambling" in PL so far is the Platinum item packs that had a mix of purple/pink items and they did fix it to only pink items for one patch, when they realized that mixed-color Platinum item packs were a form of "gambling."

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:29 PM
That's why the devs chose not to go through the paths of staking items in PL, because it is first a form of gambling, and secondly it is highly likely there will be more birds winning stakes than any other class. Inherent design flaws to the PvP system gives one class almost all the odds of winning.

i made it so its only class vs class
also, its pixels, not real money

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
That's why the devs chose not to go through the paths of staking items in PL, because it is first a form of gambling, and secondly it is highly likely there will be more birds winning stakes than any other class. Inherent design flaws to the PvP system gives one class almost all the odds of winning.

Dude, Phys, there's this thing called decisions. It could be only Archers using the system, and they'd be winning Archer items than. If a mage wants to fight an Archer, then he can, it's HIS decision.

P.S. Thank me later, Kossi. Your thread has been included into my PvP Helper Link Guides. ;)

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
i made it so its only class vs class
also, its pixels, not real money

Class Vs. Class? Don't listen to Phys. (Soz Phys) Pfft, just make it normal staking.

Zeus
03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Awesome Ideas!

+5 Chivalry Points!

Reason: For being THE MAN!

hawkei
03-27-2011, 05:32 PM
We should just stake ourselves then. Take to people who want to stake and give it to a trustworthy friend. By the end of the battle whoever one the friend will give it to that player.

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:33 PM
We should just stake ourselves then. Take to people who want to stake and give it to a trustworthy friend. By the end of the battle whoever one the friend will give it to that player.

Nty, trustworthy friends aren't enough. You never know, he might be a backstabbing piece of sheet.
Computerized Staking FTW!

Zeus
Nty, trustworthy friends aren't enough. You never know, he might be a backstabbing piece of sheet.
Computerized Staking FTW!

That I am!

Kossi
I agree with you, even tho I don't Pvp much ( because its to messed up) I'm always hearing people complaining about how they are awful just because they're a bear or something, I hope there working on a way to fix this. :/
-alux

it will be class vs class, so there will be no excuses

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:35 PM
That I am!

You never know, you might be a backstabbing piece of sheet.
Nah, jk, I trust you, but you neva know....

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Don't shoot the messenger. The devs denied "casino-type area" suggestions in the past (gambling/staking), which involves pixels and not real cash, because as G said,

We can't support this, sorry.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16964-The-Legends-Casino

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:36 PM
it will be class vs class, so there will be no excuses

Aww COME ON!
What if a Mage wants to fight a bear? It's pretty even.
At least, a pally.

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Don't shoot the messenger. The devs denied "casino-type area" suggestions in the past (gambling/staking), which involves pixels and not real cash, because as G said,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16964-The-Legends-Casino

One word: POKEMON!
Those devs didn't give a fudge about the five year olds gambling away their pixels. I don't think anyone was hurt either.

Solvok
03-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Not to troll you john, but since you dont care what i gotta say irl i gotta say it here

I dont think devs will agree on the 300 Bought plat benefits thing

The potion making apothecary thing, creative but most people can settle with the 1.5k potions in the store already

Slime monsters--- Idea from Minecraft?

Clothes Customation Shoppe~~ People will be wearing armour like uhh 100% of the time, and this is practically useless in PVE and PVP, unless you want to AFK in balefort for 3 hours and post up against the wall, trying to look fresh, when there are 3 people around you wearing the exact same outfit.

PVP abilities~~ This is a bit more than unfair, because people with more time will PVP more, and get rewarded, Become a level 55 to some level 20s (exageration)... BUT! yeah.. UNFAIR

The Automatic Cool-Down Idea~~ Most people dont really mind it, since it doesnt take very long, and you can always leave the game and come back. There shouldnt be a big change to this, since its not the first issue and problem on people's minds. Also, With unlimited buffs, there will be a big issue in CTC games when hardcore twinks keep spawnkilling people who respawn. If you obviously overpower the person you are spawn-killing, you will continue to kill them until you eventually run out of mana. but without this, your buff will wear out, which thus gives the Person being spawn-killed a chance to fight back. Furthermore, if there will be everlasting buffs until you die, then whoever has the most skill points in that buff will overpower those without max points in buffs.

The pet shop~~ This will just make people lag.. Even if you get the option to only see your pet, wouldn't you like to see other people cool pets and Make laughable comments about them? if you turn the option on to see other people's pets, YOU WILL LAG. If you get the ability to use these in pvp, and unlike the fact that you already lag like crazy in pvp, you will lag even more when you get barrage by 3 people and 3 pets. If you turn the option to see pets off and you fight someone, and they obliterate you in a fraction of a second, youll have no idea what hit you, until you turn on the Pet-seeing option, THEN YOU LAG.

All else about your ideas are fairly decent, especially the money-potion overlapping thing. This is my feedback on your ideas, so dont delete my comment of anything like you just said you would. LOL@YOU JOHN FOR FLAMING AT MY FEEDBACK

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Aww COME ON!
What if a Mage wants to fight a bear? It's pretty even.
At least, a pally.

in lv23 or less, bears dont have beckon
birds and elfs can kite the heck out of them, which leaves the bear helpless

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 05:39 PM
One word: POKEMON!
Those devs didn't give a fudge about the five year olds gambling away their pixels. I don't think anyone was hurt either.

Our devs developed Pocket Legends, not Pokemon, the last time I checked.

Zeus
03-27-2011, 05:40 PM

Easy mistake! :D They are both spelled slightly the same :D

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Yeah, and so? What you were saying was that staking is bad for the PL community, from what I understand. Not really, I don't think it will have a negative effect at all.
If I understood wrong, please inform me, and soz.

Frenzyn
03-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I agree with everything but the following:
x- Getting abilities from pvp (totally unfair)
- Vanity, and special pvp armour i agree with though
x- Unlimited buffing (sorry bro, thats kinda ridiculous major dis adv. to enchantress)

other than that, i love you.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Not to troll you john, but since you dont care what i gotta say irl i gotta say it here

I dont think devs will agree on the 300 Bought plat benefits thing

The potion making apothecary thing, creative but most people can settle with the 1.5k potions in the store already

Slime monsters--- Idea from Minecraft?

The Automatic Cool-Down Idea~~ Most people dont really mind it, since it doesnt take very long, and you can always leave the game and come back. There shouldnt be a big change to this, since its not the first issue and problem on people's minds. Also, With unlimited buffs, there will be a big issue in CTC games when hardcore twinks keep spawnkilling people who respawn. If you obviously overpower the person you are spawn-killing, you will continue to kill them until you eventually run out of mana. but without this, your buff will wear out, which thus gives the Person being spawn-killed a chance to fight back. Furthermore, if there will be everlasting buffs until you die, then whoever has the most skill points in that buff will overpower those without max points in buffs.

The pet shop~~ This will just make people lag.. Even if you get the option to only see your pet, wouldn't you like to see other people cool pets and Make laughable comments about them? if you turn the option on to see other people's pets, YOU WILL LAG

All else about your ideas are fairly decent, especially the money-potion overlapping thing. This is my feedback on your ideas, so dont delete my comment of anything like you just said you would.
first, maybe they will see a benefit in the 300p proposal
also, the player-made potions could be made using as little as 200g, and that helps alot when you dont want to pot in a small dungeon and waste money
also, people aren't as rich as you.... this adds more content into the game
your comment on auto-cooldown...
you WANT people to leave the game???? why...?
also you're concerned with spawn killing? except rockwall forts, this doesnt exist.

pets- you wont lag is you see your pet.....
as i said, you can only see another person's pet in a dungeon, and with the GCD, it cancels out the lag

hawkei
03-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Anyway as much as I want staking G did say, "we can't support this, sorry"

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:45 PM
I agree with everything but the following:
x- Getting abilities from pvp (totally unfair)
- Vanity, and special pvp armour i agree with though
x- Unlimited buffing (sorry bro, thats kinda ridiculous major dis adv. to enchantress)

other than that, i love you.

for pvp perks, it wont be anything huge...just a reward for being a pvp fanatic

unlimited buffing, i dont see how this could hurt enchantressed level 24 or higher
but yes, it would hurt lv21- enchantresses

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah, and so? What you were saying was that staking is bad for the PL community, from what I understand. Not really, I don't think it will have a negative effect at all.
If I understood wrong, please inform me, and soz.

Like I said, don't shoot the messenger, I'm just repeating what the developers said. Argue with them, not me.

noobmigo
first, maybe they will see a benefit in the 300p proposal
also, the player-made potions could be made using as little as 200g, and that helps alot when you dont want to pot in a small dungeon and waste money
also, people aren't as rich as you.... this adds more content into the game
your comment on auto-cooldown...
you WANT people to leave the game???? why...?
also you're concerned with spawn killing? except rockwall forts, this doesnt exist.

pets- you wont lag is you see your pet.....
as i said, you can only see another person's pet in a dungeon, and with the GCD, it cancels out the lag

Strangely enough, I agree with Solvok. Because, now, we're like, mortal enemies. I gave him some smack, he ignored me.. Geez, Solv, I was just tripping. Soz.

Anyway, this is why Phys doesn't PvP, ik.
And enough with my drama, back to the topic of why staking is OK!

Kossi

except pokemon got HUGE, why?
staking.

hawkei
03-27-2011, 05:47 PM
for pvp perks, it wont be anything huge...just a reward for being a pvp fanatic

unlimited buffing, i dont see how this could hurt enchantressed level 24 or higher
but yes, it would hurt lv21- enchantresses
Simple, just make it to where you only have unlimited buff at lvl 24+

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Like I said, don't shoot the messenger, I'm just repeating what the developers said. Argue with them, not me.

I'll PM JustG.
Like, right now, after I gather a few good points.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Strangely enough, I agree with Solvok. Because, now, we're like, mortal enemies. Beat him 5-1, he left, I gave him some smack, he ignored me and is now consistently destroying me by sneaky ninja style. Geez, Solv, I was just tripping, take a break.

what do you agree with?
im sure i can contradict it

hawkei
Strangely enough, I agree with Solvok. Because, now, we're like, mortal enemies. Beat him 5-1, he left, I gave him some smack, he ignored me and is now consistently destroying me by sneaky ninja style. Geez, Solv, I was just tripping, take a break.

are you trying to start something?

noobmigo
staking.

Lol, actually pokemon got huge because they had cute little animals fighting against each other, but that's beside the point. I (sarcastically) agree with you for the sake of staking in PL!

icantgetkills
theres to much hate in this thread BRING IN THE TROLL POLICE

no but honestly some of the ideas are really good and i would rather make my potions (herblore) for 1k then spend 1.5k on the elixir in the store takes time but i spend less :)

but i would like to say that CALM DOWN PEOPLE devs dont want to read an idea thread with hate in it -_-

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:49 PM
are you trying to start something?

Whoops, no. It was an apology. Explaining I just was tripping.

Frenzyn
Sorry kossi, i meant hurt everyone that isn't an enchantress. especially birds, with their 2 m/s.
Also, by pvp rewards and armour, i hope you don't mean randomized drops.
Because people would farm those with 2 iphones...
I think it should be you get bounties or pvp quests, and get pvp quests.
by bounties i mean quests assigned by people like fallen prince who give you a DAILY pvp quest, these quests are around... kill 20-100 people
which gives you tokens from them to buy things in a pvp shop, or just pvp quests period in which they are like "kill 5,000 people" for amazing pvp armour
as an example. that pvp armour could be an alternative to FREE good armour. :) Hope this sparks some ideas.

And i'd LOVEEE to see staking. but not until global skill time or that would be totally (no offence) stupid.

Kossi
Lol, actually pokemon got huge because they had cute little animals fighting against each other, but that's beside the point. I (sarcastically) agree with you for the sake of staking in PL!

ya ik pokemon got huge not because of staking,
but it did play a part in their success

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:50 PM
theres to much hate in this thread BRING IN THE TROLL POLICE

no but honestly some of the ideas are really good and i would rather make my potions (herblore) for 1k then spend 1.5k on the elixir in the store takes time but i spend less :)

but i would like to say that CALM DOWN PEOPLE devs dont want to read an idea thread with hate in it -_-

Good point. I would like to apologize to Solvok, Phys, and Kossi for bringing too much hate into this thread. I'm out now.

Soz, again.

EDIT: But that doesn't mean I'll be viewing this thread to see how staking holds up. ;)

hawkei
03-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Whoops, no. It was an apology. Explaining I just was tripping.

If it's an apology I would take out the beating solvok 5-1 thing. Oh, and the he can only kill you from sneaking thing ;)

Kossi
03-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Sorry kossi, i meant hurt everyone that isn't an enchantress. especially birds, with their 2 m/s.
Also, by pvp rewards and armour, i hope you don't mean randomized drops.
Because people would farm those with 2 iphones...
I think it should be you get bounties or pvp quests, and get pvp quests.
by bounties i mean quests assigned by people like fallen prince who give you a DAILY pvp quest, these quests are around... kill 20-100 people
which gives you tokens from them to buy things in a pvp shop, or just pvp quests period in which they are like "kill 5,000 people" for amazing pvp armour
as an example. that pvp armour could be an alternative to FREE good armour. :) Hope this sparks some ideas.

And i'd LOVEEE to see staking. but not until global skill time or that would be totally (no offence) stupid.

by rewards i mean:
500 kills ________ reward (vanity?)(cape?)(medal on page?)
1000 kills________
2000 kills________
4000 kills _______
6000 kills _______

Lesrider
03-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Why would they do the 300 plat thing when so many people eagerly buy 800 plat packs? (look how many threads there were when the option disappeared)

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:52 PM
If it's an apology I would take out the beating solvok 5-1 thing. Oh, and the he can only kill you from sneaking thing ;)

Done. I agree I used to much flame in that apology looool.

hawkei
03-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Done. I agree I used to much flame in that apology looool.

Lol
/Lolchars

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Lol
/Lolchars

;)
*Puts on the smolder*
Oh yeah! The smolder is epicx.

Physiologic
staking.

I don't know how old you are, but when I was 12 or 13, I got Pokemon Red on the original Gameboy back in 7th grade (I think it was 1999?). You could link Gameboys up and trade Pokemon or duel, but there was no staking involved. Pokemon got huge because it was an international success and a pioneer to a certain type of video game, not because of staking.

Frenzyn
Physio, i actually sort of agree wth you about staking a LITTLE. because people would take their BEAST MODE TWINKS and probly go staking 10k-100k with a dps of 47 then go to their load-outs and switch to an armour with a dps of 397. That seriously wouldn't be fair, it would just provoke flaming. Sorry. O . o but... i'm really not to say anything till i see it happen.

The reason i said that is because people in runescape do that way to much.
They switch from adamant to bandos/torva once the game starts and go ape on us.

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't know how old you are, but when I was 12 or 13, I got Pokemon Red on the original Gameboy back in 7th grade (I think it was 1999?). You could link Gameboys up and trade Pokemon or duel, but there was no staking involved. Pokemon got huge because it was an international success and a pioneer to a certain type of video game, not because of staking.

No, I think it got popular cos the animals were friggin cute. Go PIKACHU!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Zeus
03-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Physio, i actually sort of agree wth you about staking a LITTLE. because people would take their BEAST MODE TWINKS and probly go staking 10k-100k with a dps of 47 then go to their load-outs and switch to an armour with a dps of 397. That seriously wouldn't be fair, it would just provoke flaming. Sorry. O . o but... i'm really not to say anything till i see it happen.

The reason i said that is because people in runescape do that way to much.
They switch from adamant to bandos/torva once the game starts and go ape on us.

If staking was implemented. This game would have it's economy in turmoil. Massive influx on top tier items in hopes to make cash, people quitting, hacking accounts, increase of scams. In short? Runescape.

While I thoroughly enjoy PvP and a friendly stake between friends. It should NOT be implemented in game.

EDIT: Imagine what thelonearcher, someblackman, mridgaf would do to PvP? I would certainly not want to be in their way.

Frenzyn
03-27-2011, 06:02 PM
WHY DONT THEY JUST OPEN A POLL TO SEE WHAT THE MEMBERS THINK?
you guys are fighting over this, why cant they just poll it? :(

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 06:03 PM
If staking was implemented. This game would have it's economy in turmoil. Massive influx on top tier items in hopes to make cash, people quitting, hacking accounts, increase of scams. In short? Runescape.

While I thoroughly enjoy PvP and a friendly stake between friends. It should NOT be implemented in game.

Good point. Oh well, drop it then, Range won for the devs.
Anyway, Range, you up for a friendly 30k stake? Think of it as a donation ;)

hawkei
03-27-2011, 06:03 PM
WHY DONT THEY JUST OPEN A POLL TO SEE WHAT THE MEMBERS THINK?
you guys are fighting over this, why cant they just poll it? :(
Staking would so win

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
EDIT: Imagine what thelonearcher, someblackman, mridgaf would do to PvP? I would certainly not want to be in their way.

Put ChumTestBear in there with em too :o. I love staking ;)
Oh and add Mynasgen to that list, forgot about that epic noob ;)

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Staking would so win

lol, heck yeah, half of those accounts would be me ;)

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:06 PM

runescape did not turn into turmoil because of staking, it was because of free trade

pl has free trade, and it didnt turn to turmoil
unlike rs, PL band by device, and people dont scam that much comapred to RS

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 06:07 PM
There's already too much drama in PvP anyway. Staking =

http://kingcritter.kupatrix.net/random-stuff/pics/Drama_Llama.jpg

hawkei
runescape did not turn into turmoil because of staking, it was because of free trade

unlike rs, pl band by device, and people dont scam that much comapred to rs

way to go kossi!

Survivorfan
I agree to everything except what you said about pets. How could we show off our pets if our team can't see them?

Zeus
03-27-2011, 06:09 PM

unlike rs, PL band by device, and people dont scam that much comapred to RS

Free trade was a cause of it, because people wanted gold to buy items so they could PvP. So it wasn't so much for free trade, but the main problem originated back to PvP.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I agree to everything except what you said about pets. How could we show off our pets if our team can't see them?

you can have the option to enable you to see other's pets.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Free trade was a cause of it, because people wanted gold to buy items so they could PvP. So it wasn't so much for free trade, but the main problem originated back to PvP.

idk about world of warcraft, but that has pvp
is it in turmoil like runscape?

Zeus
03-27-2011, 06:13 PM
idk about world of warcraft, but that has pvp
is it in turmoil like runscape?

Not sure, I never played that game either. But notice one thing. The majority of immature players in PL is A LOT less compared to Runescape and WoW.

Physiologic
03-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Not sure, I never played that game either. But notice one thing. The majority of immature players in PL is A LOT less compared to Runescape and WoW.

That's because our devs actually do something about immature players :p

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM

+1
exactly my point

devs dont take bans seriously=turmoil

Zeus
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM

+2 Chivalry Points

Reason: For Being Physio and witty comments :D

Solvok
03-27-2011, 06:17 PM

I was walking around in Rockwall Forts or whatever you call it, with the red and green trimmed sumbraro thing. i killed a noob, and he started flaming at me and calling me a dirty mexican, along with his friend joining him.. O.o. BAGPH

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDn2Xp5ctQM

lol.

Frenzyn
03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
+1
exactly my point

devs dont take bans seriously=turmoil

http://home.comcast.net/~fxgpic/He_mad.jpg
SORRY KOSSI XD

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:19 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~fxgpic/He_mad.jpg
SORRY KOSSI XD

wait.....what?

Solvok
03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLwSmCyL_c0
lol.

Frenzyn
03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
wait.....what?

not even sure.....

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
whoa 100 replies and 300 views? epic.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
still waiting for developer comment...

Rebel
03-27-2011, 06:29 PM
whoa 100 replies and 300 views? epic.

Haha, half of them are random videos and pictures.

Anyway, just finished reading through the post. I'm with many of your ideas. Some are pretty simple, yet effective changes. And PvP rewards have been on my top priority list for quite some time, so I really hope it gets implemented quickly. Nice thread mate.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Haha, half of them are random videos and pictures.

Anyway, just finished reading through the post. I'm with many of your ideas. Some are pretty simple, yet effective changes. And PvP rewards have been on my top priority list for quite some time, so I really hope it gets implemented quickly. Nice thread mate.
thanks!
i used the almighty marshmallow people to subside the drama for G and Sam

aluxuryhoggy
03-27-2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLwSmCyL_c0
lol.

lmao!
char/

Kossi
03-27-2011, 06:48 PM
awwwww apparently going off topic= thread death

Zeus
03-27-2011, 06:54 PM
awwwww apparently going off topic= thread death

:(, I feel you. Many of my threads have sunk like the titanic due to this :(.

Prest87
03-27-2011, 06:56 PM
U have so many great ideas here, great job

Rebel
03-27-2011, 06:57 PM

It's true. We need to start moving off-topic discussions to the off-topic place, and keeping it there. I think it's starting to get a little too out of hand.

Solvok
03-27-2011, 06:58 PM

Kinda Kossi's and My fault with the random SecretAgentBob video responses lol

Prest87
03-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Guilds, Pets and PvP r needed from this thread

Kossi
03-27-2011, 07:01 PM
anyone got a solution to "farewell to pinks"?

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 07:02 PM

That was a lame section. No offense. Just remove it, why would you want to do that? The economy is perfect, old stuff is supposed to crash when new stuff comes in.

Prest87
03-27-2011, 07:03 PM

why farewell to pinks what do u mean by this.

Kossi
That was a lame section. No offense. Just remove it, why would you want to do that? The economy is perfect, old stuff is supposed to crash when new stuff comes in.

unfortunately :(

ill think about it

Kossi
why farewell to pinks what do u mean by this.

i dont have a solution for farewell to pinks

section VII

Prest87
03-27-2011, 07:04 PM
i dont have a solution for farewell to pinks

section VII

if u want to keep pricees up u could have it were drop rates r lowered

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 07:05 PM
unfortunately :(

ill think about it

You know that link under your sig?
Try replacing the first link into Kossi's Ideas (link)

EDIT: just copy paste this:
Kossi's Suggestions (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22312-Critical-Changes!-Must-See)!

EDIT: Quote me first, and copy paste that bottom link.

Kossi
03-27-2011, 07:08 PM
You know that link under your sig?
Try replacing the first link into Kossi's Ideas (link)

EDIT: just copy paste this:
Kossi's Suggestions (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22312-Critical-Changes!-Must-See)!

EDIT: Quote me first, and copy paste that bottom link.

thanks! i could never figure out how to do that :P

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 07:09 PM
thanks! i could never figure out how to do that :P

I learned today, by revisiting bmc85uk's suggestion box. I'll PM you how. I guess.

icantgetkills
03-27-2011, 08:09 PM
still a good thread devs need to see and hopefully comment on it mind me putting link to this in my sig?

Kossi
03-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Feel free to sig it

Lizardfeather
03-27-2011, 08:17 PM
We need ALL of these :P And I'm guessing you play Runescape?

KingFu
03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
WATERFALL

All I needed to hear. AWESOME

Kossi
03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
We need ALL of these :P And I'm guessing you play Runescape?

How did you know O_o

I used to

Kossi
03-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Perfect example of why we need no-cooldown pvp buffs!
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/38bbbc93.jpg

j46g629h
03-27-2011, 09:13 PM
I would love to see pvp like wow

once you died then you are out, one of the teams all died then move on to next round (same map)

gives it like 3 rounds or more, then calculate all players' kills, death and even damage output

Arterra
03-27-2011, 09:24 PM
do you plan on expanding this as suggestions pop up?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16881-Further-guild-implementation
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?17026-Further-guild-implementation-pt.2
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8571-Ghost-mode
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?10544-The-Common-Ideas-Thread
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?7026-chests-should-actually-do-something

why not. maybe one bit will prove useful.

icantgetkills
03-27-2011, 11:46 PM
I would love to see pvp like wow

once you died then you are out, one of the teams all died then move on to next round (same map)

gives it like 3 rounds or more, then calculate all players' kills, death and even damage output

interesting hmm

TheLaw
03-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Its a great thread. But i disagree on the "Unlimited buffs" part. It's really unfair, especially for bears to go against fully buffed mages and avians. unless you want to overpower bears again, as the mages have SICKO regen and birds have WHACKO dps.

Redbridge
03-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Cracking thread Kossi, thought about creating something similar but you've covered most of my ideas and much more.....

These are only my constructive thoughts people, so please feel free to disagree but please be nice. LOL

I & II
I have zero PVP experience so can't comment on PVP changes but some sort of progression rewards would be a must wouldn't they? Reward PVP commitment and encourage continued use. This is the basic model of any game to motivate further use.

Re: Staking... It's not on the Dev's roadmap. I don't think wanting something really badly is going to change their mind. Personally, if it was introduced, it is vital it remains low stake, or it is open for abuse. Think of worse case scenario and whether it would be acceptable.. Ie experienced scammer plays noob PVPer for 1mil and wins? Fair? There has to be safe guards built it to protect EVERY player. My gut feeling is devs will think it's too difficult to implement whilst retaining a safety net.

III
fully agreed, either ur suggestion or relocating the gold to the left slightly. Should be an easy win.

IV
Long overdue. Guilds should be here now...... I've got lots of suggestions. Really looking forward to these being introduced.

V
Like the idea of towns having a purpose, and would maybe expand it further to add sub areas in each town for larger Market areas, social spaces (taverns,etc), practises arenas, etc. I also really like the idea of players own houses. This has lots of potential for functionality & customisation, and you could maybe even invite other players round....

VI
I like the idea, as I've spent well over 300 on plat, but the financial business model wouldn't work if they introduced all that stuff for free.... I'd love some additional rewards for my custom but don't think it's likely. Maybe they might allow one free thing over a certain threshold? Ie 300 equals all ALTs have the same inventory slots, you buy more for one ALT and they all get the increase. If they gave you lots, what be the motivation to purchase more Plat? And they need everyone to continue purchasing plat.

VII
Pinks will always devalue over time, it's simple economics, but I like the idea of thinking of things to mix things up a bit. What about crafting? Why can't we customise/improve items. I say customise/improve because there is a whole totally different topic around whether item stats should be improved or just re-balanced, and this isn't the place. I'ld love there to be much more recipe drops to encourage crafting more and there should be a generic RESPEC/IMPROVE recipe (maybe level specific) which allows you to craft items with the required ingredients (ie gems, crafting ingredients, etc). I understand that items would need to be specific and the coding might not allow unlimited variations, so as a starter why not a gem specific affects. Gladiator Gem respecs/increases in favour of armour, Magic Gem for base Mana and/or M/S, etc....

VIII
I love this idea.. Herblore.. Maybe 2 common and 10 rare drops, commons could make normal Mana/Health potions, or could be combined with different rares to make the normally paid for potions/elixirs....

IX & X
+1 like ur suggestions.

XI
Pets sound great but I've never really thought seriously about these so can't add anything to what you said already

To summarise, agree with it all, I just think you might be fighting a losing battle against the dev's with staking... Did you get a response from them?

icantgetkills
03-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Cracking thread Kossi, thought about creating something similar but you've covered most of my ideas and much more.....

These are only my constructive thoughts people, so please feel free to disagree but please be nice. LOL

I & II
I have zero PVP experience so can't comment on PVP changes but some sort of progression rewards would be a must wouldn't they? Reward PVP commitment and encourage continued use. This is the basic model of any game to motivate further use.

Re: Staking... It's not on the Dev's roadmap. I don't think wanting something really badly is going to change their mind. Personally, if it was introduced, it is vital it remains low stake, or it is open for abuse. Think of worse case scenario and whether it would be acceptable.. Ie experienced scammer plays noob PVPer for 1mil and wins? Fair? There has to be safe guards built it to protect EVERY player. My gut feeling is devs will think it's too difficult to implement whilst retaining a safety net.

III
fully agreed, either ur suggestion or relocating the gold to the left slightly. Should be an easy win.

IV
Long overdue. Guilds should be here now...... I've got lots of suggestions. Really looking forward to these being introduced.

V
Like the idea of towns having a purpose, and would maybe expand it further to add sub areas in each town for larger Market areas, social spaces (taverns,etc), practises arenas, etc. I also really like the idea of players own houses. This has lots of potential for functionality & customisation, and you could maybe even invite other players round....

VI
I like the idea, as I've spent well over 300 on plat, but the financial business model wouldn't work if they introduced all that stuff for free.... I'd love some additional rewards for my custom but don't think it's likely. Maybe they might allow one free thing over a certain threshold? Ie 300 equals all ALTs have the same inventory slots, you buy more for one ALT and they all get the increase. If they gave you lots, what be the motivation to purchase more Plat? And they need everyone to continue purchasing plat.

VII
Pinks will always devalue over time, it's simple economics, but I like the idea of thinking of things to mix things up a bit. What about crafting? Why can't we customise/improve items. I say customise/improve because there is a whole totally different topic around whether item stats should be improved or just re-balanced, and this isn't the place. I'ld love there to be much more recipe drops to encourage crafting more and there should be a generic RESPEC/IMPROVE recipe (maybe level specific) which allows you to craft items with the required ingredients (ie gems, crafting ingredients, etc). I understand that items would need to be specific and the coding might not allow unlimited variations, so as a starter why not a gem specific affects. Gladiator Gem respecs/increases in favour of armour, Magic Gem for base Mana and/or M/S, etc....

VIII
I love this idea.. Herblore.. Maybe 2 common and 10 rare drops, commons could make normal Mana/Health potions, or could be combined with different rares to make the normally paid for potions/elixirs....

IX & X
+1 like ur suggestions.

XI
Pets sound great but I've never really thought seriously about these so can't add anything to what you said already

To summarise, agree with it all, I just think you might be fighting a losing battle against the dev's with staking... Did you get a response from them?

wow never heard of you before haha nice reply and i agree 100% with that

Redbridge
03-28-2011, 03:43 AM
wow never heard of you before haha nice reply and i agree 100% with that

Been trying to keep a very low profile. LOL. There's lots of much more experienced players around than me to help out but I think I am really starting to get a hang of the finer details of the game (excluding BS and PVP) so thought I'd offer Kossi some feedback to his great ideas. Starting to dip a toe into BS soon so will need some patient allies to guide me through the finer details in there... GULP

Kossi
03-28-2011, 05:09 AM
No response about staking yet

Remember staking is going to be in fathom crypt 100% of the time, and before you stake, you get warnings
Like rs, i dont think anyone would be clueless enough to lose 1M because they never pvped

BlueMagma
03-28-2011, 06:16 AM
you had me at "unlimited"
but yes, you basically covered everything, i agree to everything.

Kossi
03-28-2011, 11:16 AM
you had me at "unlimited"
but yes, you basically covered everything, i agree to everything.

Are any devs on? I got a message from samhayne but no answers

superglut2
03-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Agreed on all suggestions. I wonder what devs have been doing lately, probably been working on promtions mainly.

superss
03-28-2011, 01:31 PM
awesome. all the things ive been trying to say in one thread. awesome.

Kossi
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
no dev response yet..
i plan on making another thread entirely on staking

superglut2
03-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Well we need to keep this post active.

nazgulking
03-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Kossi said: Critical Changes! - Must See!

http://files.sharenator.com/cannot_be_unseen_Why_People_Hate_Hipsters-s555x444-85620-580.jpg

Jespo
03-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Great ideas kossi.

Kossi
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
3 devs are on
Plzz i need a review from a dev...

Kossi
03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
added entier section on low-level-leechers
-thanks bean!

icantgetkills
03-29-2011, 06:17 PM
added entier section on low-level-leechers
-thanks bean!

PM a dev or post this link in the chatbox when one of the devs is in the chatbox
maybe theyre reading it and taking it in just not commenting on it

Kossi
03-31-2011, 08:01 PM
sup devs!
mind commenting :/?

Kossi
04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
bumped for the 5 devs online to hopefully see :)
please....

pendulu
04-04-2011, 05:58 PM
the problem concerning the leechers i see is following: lowlevel townes are empty, not many games are running.. or am i wrong? i mean i sometimes have problems finding games with my twink cause everybody tries to do highlevel runs :/ just turn off the possibility of joining a 50 map with a lvl 12 twink.. it makes sense. thank you

masterx3
04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
HMMM LETS MAKE AN IRC CHAT FOR EACH GUILD you should add IRC channel besides * What's New?

so we can make our own IRC chat

masterx3
04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
also thi one
III. The crowding money problem

This explains it all.

DO YOU SEE THAT NUMBER (of coins) IN THE BOTTOM?

-confusing right?
i cant tell my # of pots from my # of coins

-this is my suggestion:
make the number smaller.

-Ex. i have 1,500,000 coins and the numbers are crowding up my screen
turn the 1,500,000 into 1500K, meaning 1.5M

-honestly, i dont know anyone who would care if they cant see every last hunred of coins in their inventory if they have 100-1000k

-this would make scammer's jobs much harder, and it would just be good for the general players.

EDIT: they also use this in runescape, and is very helpful in turning a 11-digit number into a 5-digit number.
e.g. 20,000,000,000 (20B) into 20,000M

i can see it clearly with my ipad

masterx3
04-29-2011, 10:25 AM
sorry for triple post but
we need pets!
first off, to avoid lag, you can only see YOUR pet, and not anyone else's.

these pets can be fed and raised to fight side-by-side with you, and you can also use them in pvp
each class will be able to get a specific pet
Also, in a dungeon, you will be able to see your teammate's pets, because you need to see what is attacking what monster, not an invisible person hitting numbers on a random mob.

BIRD: phoenix
BEAR: rock golem
MAGE: Lynx

Note- i got these off the top of my head, feel free to comment on changes on these.

I think that warrior/mage/bird can wear the same pet
lets do it like this:
FIrst we will received an egg/seed/something else by completing a quest
well lets just use egg and seed or maybe something else thats realistic
to grow our pets we need to feed them until they reached level 10 then we need to go to the pet shop and ask to evolve it to a better pet
ex:egg-->baby chiken-->chiken-->Brave Chicken-->Warrior Chiken
but lets hange the name of the pet, make a unique name for each pet.

and i think we should add more animal
# Magician(alredy)
# Knight(uses sword and shield)
# Warrior(alredy)
# Cleric(uses mace)
# Clown(uses dagger)
# Craftsman(uses hamemr)
# Archer(alredy)

lets also make an evolution of the first animal
ex:warrior-->Blade master/barbarian
magician-->burner freezer
Archer-->gunner/sometin

Mkcecil
04-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I love the ideas! Devs need to hear this man out and take these ideas into consideration! I'm not to fond of the free mirrior and all that because they want you to have reason to buy plat for something now if you had to buy plat and buy a pet for either 200+ plat or 300k+ gold that would be sweet because I don't mind buying plat and supporting dev team!

Deygus
05-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Good Ideas Koss...you've got my full support on all your ideas for change.

I've been wanting to expand my guild to this game but I fail to bother mainly because I don't really see any guild/clan features implemented into this game other then putting it in front of your name etc etc and listing it online etc etc which is really annoying which is why not many people I know have bothered with this game yet. Hopefully they will implement something in response to this and a buncha other issues we have all mentioned soon.

jaminn
05-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Dunno about the pets, plat, and pvp parts. Pets if you are fighting alongside them but others can't see them for lag issues then how can they be used in pvp? Plat you can have them all be unlimited that would lose the devs a lot of money but I agree that there could be some kind of rewards for maybe 300 plat. Pvp the point of the cool downs are to make it more challenging and more strategic, you have to stay safe till the buffs refresh thus making it more easy for the weaker character types to counter attack

Kossi
05-01-2011, 04:21 PM
@master3x well now they changed the money problem, but i suggest they add commas between every 3 numbers

SUPAPRODIGY
05-01-2011, 04:23 PM
i agree with some stuff like housing and pets would be nice but adding more things = more lag and bugs that would have to get fixed :D

Pokechmp
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Great work/ideas

Swimmingstar
05-01-2011, 06:26 PM
+1
10 chars/

hi potawto nice sig lol
and great ideas kossi!

Pokechmp
05-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Oh for towne clock, it should be something like plst (pocket legends standard time) so when people meet or whatever on PL, they use the plst instead of their own time.

Mothwing
05-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I agree with the / commands. NOBODY hardly knows them unless they are long-time players. We definetly need a tutorial or even a...i just got an idea!!!!!! Ill post a thread

seller
06-06-2011, 04:23 PM
yessssssssssssssssssssssssss this is extremely right

Whirlzap
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Lol at
"I, Kossi, love this game....", "Even I, Kossi, cannot think of a solu...""""
You sound like a press-e-dent
And potions should drop
And also we need a mail feature to mail items and i wish to see a solo-map thing, where the monsters are way easier to kill

xantor
06-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I agree. But with the houseing and pets makes me think of the old days when I played ultima online lol go gm tamer lol long live the bank sitters of brit

Zxrnm
06-06-2011, 07:35 PM
/clap. Great post. Agree with most of it.

Valsacar
06-07-2011, 09:56 AM
As a game developer, of money free-to-play games, I can tell you this is the same list of crap complaints most games see by players that have no idea how business or game development works. It is extremely hard for any free-to-play game to succeed because... they're free-to-play. If they took half your ideas this game would fail quickly, the best free-to-play basically keep the RL money aspect OUT of combat aspects. Here you have some elixirs that can help a bit, for a short time and not cost effective to keep going long term. Here you have some items that are decent, but fairly easy to get IG drops that are better than them. Both of these are about the only combat related perks you can purchase, and while elixirs can make a difference they aren't game breaking as they are pricey and very short term. The way a free-to-play game can succeed (if they can reach critical mass) is by allowing convenience items and perks for sale (additional areas, not required to really go through the whole game, inventory slots, cosmetic changes, etc).

Guilds would be nice to see IG, but aren't really required as a built in feature as MANY games don't have them outside of forum groups (which we have here). Ability to bet on a pvp battle is a neat idea, could even go farther and let others bet on the outcome, but both situations can be handled BY PLAYERS.

Tiers for buying certain amounts of plat have been used, successfully in a business sense, by other games. But never as a permanent deal, but more as a tiered approach during certain sales. For example, in one game, every so often they give X number of special tokens for buying Y number of plat (using PL terms, and with multiple tiers) for one month. These tokens can be held on to forever, but are used at special shops to buy really nice items (some purely vanity, some among the best items in the game but only available for a limited time). In addition, a few times a year (normally holidays), they run IG contests where players can get these tokens without spending money. Combined both sides get to obtain the tokens (of course those paying have it easier) and if there's no items you like right now you hold them until the next promotion where there will be different items.

OrFeAsGr
07-24-2011, 08:35 AM

Potions in pvp are availble in PvP in many games,he also said that when pots will be used hit ranks wont be doubled

OrFeAsGr
07-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Hey man this is awesome,perfect thiesechanges qill make the game more super!!!I agree with all of them great work!!!!!!I agree with all of them and will love to see the changes in PvP!!!

Wmbcowboyy
07-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Ok, very good ideas! But I can see putting all this into Pocket Legends will take some time. I like the idea of the mega pvp, but with 30 players all using skills at the same time will seem very laggy. And would pets be allowed in the mega pvp? If so, will they be visually there? Very nice ideas I love them all, and I hope the developers see this and start to work on this! :)

Kossi
10-15-2011, 07:00 PM
bumped for ****s and giggles

Imacoolbirdd
10-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Lol

3xK
12-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Cool ideas...

Swimmingstar
12-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Unheard of! Kossi bumping his own thread!!!

Kossi
12-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Unheard of! Kossi bumping his own thread!!!

im still waiting for a dev to awknowledge this thread's existance -.-"

Whirlzap
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
LOL Maybe they just can't see threads created by Archangel Kossi.

Swimmingstar
12-29-2011, 05:12 PM
LOL Maybe they just can't see threads created by Archangel Kossi.

Wait, did he just get banned? It says he's still on.