PDA

View Full Version : running thread (again)

Arterra
03-27-2011, 09:21 PM
who is cutieninja again? im on her bad books :(

yes i ran. but running into battle and seeing the stupid 20% sign makes me panic, and kiting is kiting: form of battle IMO.

hate being on bad books. to make it up to myself tried out pvp on a sentinel bird. damn are crossbows annoying... and yes lots of running and kiting seen there too, particularly in corridors of killing, with corners involved.

cant wait for the skill global cooldown, if only to have a second between full hp and 1 hp. would make kiting and running tactics, since it is not an instant thing.

edit: i found her xD

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 09:22 PM
YOU'RE IN MY BAD BOOKS ARTERRA!!! Jk ;)

Arterra
03-27-2011, 09:25 PM
hate not knowing for sure who is who lol, also cant tell emotions very well thru text. and PL messages have the worst emotion/ sarcasm transfer i have ever seen. so... cartoony

edit: did i lose charm? D:

Ellyidol
03-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Running and juking makes pvp fun. Where's the fun in just going up to an opponent and mashing your skills? That's what corners are for too, IMO. If no running was intended, devs would have made all pvp maps just wide-open.

Ladylove
03-27-2011, 09:33 PM
hate not knowing for sure who is who lol, also cant tell emotions very well thru text. and PL messages have the worst emotion/ sarcasm transfer i have ever seen. so... cartoony

edit: did i lose charm? D:

Nah, you've got charm.

I don't run... sometimes chasing can be fun, but only as enchantress. Being a bear and having someone run is just annoying.. Tactic, yes, but still annoying.

Zeus
03-27-2011, 10:02 PM
CutieNinja said she hates me because I wasn't helping in PvP. Sorry if I was AFK in game and had a phone call to attend to. Lol. I'll be sure NOT to join her PvP games next time.

Parasyte
03-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Lol i hate her i killed her once and she started to BM me.

OneMillion
04-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I really don't understand why people are so against running. Why would you want to play pvp if all you do is run towards people and press the skills buttons. Hiding behind trees and dodging attacks is an important part of pvp that adds a huge amount of skill to the game. Rather than just running and attacking your playing a came of cat and mouse, trying to guess when your opponent will attack. Your goal may be to dip in there range then get out conning them into using all of their fire power so you can then go for the kill.

Now, if by running you are referring to running away and always letting your teammates take attacks for you then I agree this is cowardly. Players using this tactic wont make many friends.
However, I've had some very fun matches with teammates that understand how to draw fire so another can go in for the kill.

Running and dodging is a important part of game play. Its what makes players styles unique and fun to play against. But most important, it is a feature that is built into the game. Trying to create rules or some sort of code of ethics will only result in bickering and people getting angry. Unless spacetime decides to take the ability to dodge out of the game, it will remain a big part of pvp.

Thank for listening to my rant :)

Oh, one more thing. Wahooo for cooldown. I think this will add even more skill to pvp (and also silence the bickering of those who use skills slower than others).

Imperial-legend
04-02-2011, 03:36 AM
ok here is the thing, if u go pvp and u run then someone yells at u runner!! noob!! or sth like that, u can just simply ignore him coz he/she is too noobish to appreciate running is a tactic.

Wushu
04-02-2011, 06:56 AM
They should create a map called Duel! It would be a single room map where you just stand there and spam instakill buttons to your heart's content.

Arterra
04-02-2011, 10:20 AM
They should create a map called Duel! It would be a single room map where you just stand there and spam instakill buttons to your heart's content.

LOL and another one called NINJA'D where there is a grid of pillars everywhere, and you got to time skills so as to launch them when the opponent runs by and not covered by pillars...

Ladylove
04-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Lol today in pvp I was fighting a dextress and he kept running, so I kept winning. I was like... try not running... Well, he tried and he was able to beat me several times. He was like wow... thanks lol.

KingFu
04-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Lol today in pvp I was fighting a dextress and he kept running, so I kept winning. I was like... try not running... Well, he tried and he was able to beat me several times. He was like wow... thanks lol.

Dex Mage = OP

If they can keep their distance with archer, their hit and crit gets really annoying since drain life + crit = practically dead. Not to mention their wicked range with auto bow, and damage/dps. They can really pack a punch.

Ladylove
04-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Dex Mage = OP

If they can keep their distance with archer, their hit and crit gets really annoying since drain life + crit = practically dead. Not to mention their wicked range with auto bow, and damage/dps. They can really pack a punch.

Lol yeah. I wonder if I could dual wield... might be a good idea. Maybe I'll save for a set. He was really surprised. He did MUCH better close up. The crit was what really got me.

FluffNStuff
04-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Question, when did Lord Cornwallis take over PL PVP?

Ladylove
04-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Question, when did Lord Cornwallis take over PL PVP?

Who is that...?

Barbamitsos
04-03-2011, 03:27 AM
kiting.... S U C K S

Necrobane
04-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Brook, A little off topic in this thread but...Your signature makes no sense..

Ladylove
04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Brook, A little off topic in this thread but...Your signature makes no sense..

Actually, it makes perfect sense :)

Imperial-legend
04-04-2011, 06:06 AM
sry go off topic but i rly like all the pictures u post on ur sig, brooke. they look so epic and i m sorta into this kinda style of pictures as well:o:o:o so mind telling me when u got all those pictures from?? dont tell me u drew them lol

Ladylove
04-04-2011, 06:32 AM
sry go off topic but i rly like all the pictures u post on ur sig, brooke. they look so epic and i m sorta into this kinda style of pictures as well:o:o:o so mind telling me when u got all those pictures from?? dont tell me u drew them lol

LOL thanks, but all I do is search stuff in google, download, and edit on Photoshop. I don't even have full Photoshop, just the very limited free version... It has like no features on it. So I play up the colors and lighting, then add text. I think I actually found this by searching "lady fantasy". Think of a word you'd like a picture related to, throw "fantasy" on the end and boom. Everyone kept saying to change back to the pink fairy one, but I was tired of it. I keep trying to top it lol