PDA

View Full Version : Does challenger even exist?

Titanfall
04-18-2015, 02:44 PM
People have done thousands of arena runs since it was revamped, yet Ive not heard a single person talk about challenger, does he even exist? O.o

Ardbeg
04-18-2015, 02:46 PM
People have done thousands of arena runs since it was revamped, yet Ive not heard a single person talk about challenger, does he even exist? O.o

Buwahaha, after i created my Rogue to farm Arena, i found him twice on the first Day. He s there, Titan!

Titanfall
04-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Buwahaha, after i created my Rogue to farm Arena, i found him twice on the first Day. He s there, Titan!
Thanks for clearing it up, Ive not heard anyone speak about him in a long time! Just thought you might want to know, theres a fan of yours (or an impersonator) running around named Ardbegg (warrior)

Serancha
04-18-2015, 02:51 PM

We shall kill you in your sleep and steal your insane luck.

Took me a month of over 2 hours / day to get that AP the first time, and even then it wasn't me who found him - I got called in for it. But yes, it does exist. Timed runners live for Challenger.

Ardbeg
04-18-2015, 02:52 PM
Thanks for clearing it up, Ive not heard anyone speak about him in a long time! Just thought you might want to know, theres a fan of yours (or an impersonator) running around named Ardbegg (warrior)

tanks for rhe Headsup, i know of several Players with very similar Names. As long as they don t pretend to be me, i m cool with it.
Bad imposters are a general problem, and i know stg can check their chatlogs to make sure they don t pretent to be someone else.
general advice: always ask for a pm from the main account if unsure with who you deal!

Ardbeg
04-18-2015, 02:54 PM

Took me a month of over 2 hours / day to get that AP the first time, and even then it wasn't me who found him - I got called in for it. But yes, it does exist. Timed runners live for Challenger.

you asked me not to do that, but fun fact is: the challenger was my first encounter in my first arena run ever. ava was there and we wondered, if arena is about killing a single goblin....

Serancha
04-18-2015, 02:56 PM
you asked me not to do that, but fun fact is: the challenger was my first encounter in my first arena run ever. ava was there and we wondered, if arena is about killing a single goblin....

I was just teasing.

Tatman
04-18-2015, 04:01 PM
You seen enraged challenger? A beast!

Dragoonclaws
04-18-2015, 04:12 PM
??? WHO's Challenger ???

Anyona
04-18-2015, 04:15 PM
I've encountered challenger twice since the revamp of arena. He's there but he's rare!

ilhanna
04-18-2015, 04:41 PM

Found him a couple of days back. If you trace back a few weeks, on a thread on Mushroom Madness, Jazzi mentioned soloing arena and finding Challenger twice. And Candylicks put up a bounty for anyone who found it and got it on same day, I think. He's there.

Jazzi
04-18-2015, 04:56 PM
In 3 hours of spawning the first boss in a ghost party, leaving the party/arena and creating a new one (estimated about 300 times) 2 challengers. I also found him once after that doing a regular run in full pt. Unfortunately the timers were already back on and nobody could take my place to get the ap. This is a total of 3 occurrences in about 600 full runs + about 300 first boss spawns . Very rare indeed, but it is there!

Dragoonclaws
04-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Can anyone tell me who's Challenger? an NPC/boss or a player?

ilhanna
04-18-2015, 05:08 PM

A very rare arena boss. Looks like Brackenridge goblin, very easy to kill. Gives you Child's Play arena AP.

Tatman
04-18-2015, 05:09 PM
He's a rare Arena boss. If you can call him a "boss" at all lol. It's just a little goblin that dies in a couple seconds.

Zeus
04-18-2015, 05:10 PM

Do you see #1 timed for arena pure? I was in that run and disconnected at challenger as last boss...FML.

Serancha
04-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Do you see #1 timed for arena pure? I was in that run and disconnected at challenger...FML.

LMAO I heard about that. Poor Zeusy.

Zeus
04-18-2015, 05:15 PM
LMAO I heard about that. Poor Zeusy.

I wanted to hulk smash my router! :(

Serancha
04-18-2015, 05:18 PM
I wanted to hulk smash my router! :(

I bribed the speed gods to torture anyone trying to take my spot. :P

Avaree
04-18-2015, 05:22 PM
You seen enraged challenger? A beast!

Ard & i did, but (yikes) I killed before he got a screenie....

Overweightank
04-18-2015, 05:56 PM
I randomly found him while running my first run in a long while in arena... He comes when you aren't looking... So don't drop the soap! :)

twoxc
04-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Do you see #1 timed for arena pure? I was in that run and disconnected at challenger as last boss...FML.

LOL HAHAHAHA I DIED LAUGHING. Thought to myself "oh why did zeus leave did he not want to be on #1 spot?" STILL FUNNY AS HELL.

Wazakesy
04-18-2015, 10:27 PM
Seems Zeus's luck flipped tables on arena...

*prays to the god of luck*

Now GG zeus you shall recieve challenge during...uhh..i forgot the numbers =/

I got him on my 7th run of arena, and i had no idea. I saw a goblin, i asked guildies and they were shocked lol. I had no idea what it was, until they told me it was the hardest AP to get :confused: