PDA

View Full Version : Int Birds

Arterra
03-28-2011, 06:53 AM
So, I'm guessing there are no int bird builds or even tests out there in recent history? Cool.

Maybe we can start one... Right now doing random pvp with a bird. Will post current stats and notes as time goes by

Give it a try :P

Ellyidol
03-28-2011, 06:55 AM
I've seen a few lately too.

I don't really know what the advantages are though, aside from being unique :P

Anyone?

Riccits
03-28-2011, 06:55 AM
can u shortly tell me the advantages of a int-bird..?

add: ups elly was faster ;)
anyway for me an int-bird sounds a bit of a nonsense...

Arterra
03-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Emmmm in low levels I guess you can use darkbolt staffs for cruel blast. I did that and loved it at lv10 ish.

Afterwards, not too much. Int does make the skill restore take off tho. I respec to str and noticed I got very little off it. Back to int and voila 40 recovery level one. Also staffs with good damage help with skill damage. Frankly if I could test a frozen gear Dex and int bird together fairly would help out a lot.

Ellyidol
03-28-2011, 07:00 AM
It sounds fun, but just from a practical point of view :

Str, Dex, Int Bear - all have advantages.
Str, Dex, Int Mage - all have advantages.
Str, Dex Bird - all have advantages.

It's the Int bird that I can't see having an advantage that a dex bird can't do. Maybe I'm missing something..

Arterra
03-28-2011, 07:02 AM
It sounds fun, but just from a practical point of view :

Str, Dex, Int Bear - all have advantages.
Str, Dex, Int Mage - all have advantages.
Str, Dex Bird - all have advantages.

It's the Int bird that I can't see having an advantage that a dex bird can't do. Maybe I'm missing something..

Got to be tricky and kite em :D. Still not too sure but if staff damage is high enough could work.
Also sometimes wand and eye work fine for me, 55 armor is nice compared to 37 from staff...

Riccits
03-28-2011, 07:02 AM
IMO dex mages havent much advantages too.. have they..?

Ellyidol
03-28-2011, 07:04 AM
IMO dex mages havent much advantages too.. have they..?

I think they have the highest single target damage in-game, not sure, but it seems so.

Dex gear with all that crit + a high DPS recurve, sounds deadly to me.

StompArtist
03-28-2011, 07:05 AM
INT bird in PVE (at lvl 30) are useless as far as I am concerned... played one for lvl26 to 30 and it was a useless scared pathetic little thing. Chirp.

Ellyidol
03-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Got to be tricky and kite em :D

Stop running in pvp!!! :D lol

Riccits
03-28-2011, 07:12 AM
I think they have the highest single target damage in-game, not sure, but it seems so.

Dex gear with all that crit + a high DPS recurve, sounds deadly to me.

more than a pure dex bird..??

at least a pally has a lot armor butm a dex mage misses that too and loose a lot of skill dmg..

Ellyidol
03-28-2011, 07:17 AM
more than a pure dex bird..??

I'm not sure. Mages already have really high damage output with their skills, so if all of them crit (assuming 90ish crit with gear) + all crit normal attacks, it might be possible.

Again not sure, just speculating :D

Doubletime
03-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Beanmachine speced his bird to equip intel gear recently. Maybe he can chime in on what he thinks. I ran a few PvP with him against my pure dex bird (we are both 56) and it was pretty even if my initial salvo was dodged or missed. Down side of the staff in PvP is that its range is shorter than the bows.

I think mana regen is the biggest thing that and intel build would help with if you are using certain gear. Every bird knows that mana is a huge problem with the Raid Roach gear. However, the Sewer King leather, cap and bow pretty much solve this problem without resorting to an intell build.

Arterra
03-28-2011, 07:47 AM
INT bird in PVE (at lvl 30) are useless as far as I am concerned... played one for lvl26 to 30 and it was a useless scared pathetic little thing. Chirp.

Disagree. I only use aoe staffs in pve, and this basically lays me have good overall damage and keep my single target armor killing abilities. At least till swamps (brainfreeze int bird can prob solo it...)

Stop running in pvp!!! :D lol

That instance was with a str bird, I agree not good. BUT a int bird plays the role of support killer, and there just isn't a fair fight between int bird and anything else. Int birds HAVE to be light on their feet, there is no Shaming them.
Oh and yes I have freaking infinite mana xD

Ellyidol
03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
That instance was with a str bird, I agree not good. BUT a int bird plays the role of support killer, and there just isn't a fair fight between int bird and anything else. Int birds HAVE to be light on their feet, there is no Shaming them.
Oh and yes I have freaking infinite mana xD

Was being sarcastic :P

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing illegal on using your joystick to move while fighting in pvp.

StompArtist
03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE=Arterra;243857]Disagree. I only use aoe staffs in pve, and this basically lays me have good overall damage and keep my single target armor killing abilities. At least till swamps (brainfreeze int bird can prob solo it...)

Probably has to do with playing style... Doesn't work well for me at all.

Arterra
03-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Lol I only use joystick. Touch to move is like mud.

And yes, in pve I am constantly in and out, moving them together, taking out the healers and rebuffing everything.

Remember: joysticks let you romp at your discretion.

Junside
03-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Not sure about lower levels, but some dude who was 55 named Abaquloz or something was terrible. tried to outrun buffs and would not stop running until he reached the other end of the map. Sounds pathetic, I know. He didn't do much damage either. Actually, I think a standard lvl 50 did more damage.

Arterra
03-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Not sure about lower levels, but some dude who was 55 named Abaquloz or something was terrible. tried to outrun buffs and would not stop running until he reached the other end of the map. Sounds pathetic, I know. He didn't do much damage either. Actually, I think a standard lvl 50 did more damage.

Lol yea my sentinel bird owned him. I think the higher level you get, the worse it is for pvp. But I still think it has pve potential.

Or maybe he just sucked :P

Junside
03-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Do all/most int gear have crit?

Lovenus
03-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Use Blizzard Stick of Fate for your bird. You will love it. ^^

Arterra
03-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Use Blizzard Stick of Fate for your bird. You will love it. ^^

Lol yep. Aoe staffs Ftw. I have an apep of Isis, but might as well see if there are any cheap lv45 ones out there... Can't wait for keeper staff 0.o

Physiologic
03-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Strictly at a theoretical standpoint, INT birds and hybrid INT birds are by far the worst possible build you can even attempt to create in Pocket Legends. I tried a lot of respeccing and equipment testing and attempted to write a comparative essay between full DEX, hybrid DEX/STR, and hybrid DEX/INT but later scrapped it when I realized how much INT birds suffered in PvE (and probably will in PvP too). The difference is much more noticeable at upper leveled campaigns.

INT birds are like race cars with square stones for tires.

Arterra
03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
well back to pvp with me. and i still dont see too much of a problem in pve. i would not boot a int bird if i saw one join as long as the player at least knows what he's doing.

Kalielle
03-28-2011, 02:27 PM
i would not boot a int bird if i saw one join as long as the player at least knows what he's doing.

I wouldn't boot them either but for high levels I wouldn't exactly cheer if I saw one join my game. They're too often used by players who care more about their character's appearance than their abilities. You know, the kind who like to sit in town on their mains all day looking pretty in a witch toad tiara.

Don't mean to say it applies to everybody - I'm sure are int birds out there who created their builds for the weapon Aoe or some other strategic reason I can't think of. But almost always when I see one and ask them why they chose the build, the answer I get is something like "oh the master voodoo robe looks beast on a bird." It leaves me, shall we say, a little less than impressed by the player.

Arterra
03-28-2011, 04:25 PM
But almost always when I see one and ask them why they chose the build, the answer I get is something like "oh the master voodoo robe looks beast on a bird." It leaves me, shall we say, a little less than impressed by the player.

I have to admit to myself after a long and harrowing hours or two of int bird pvp that he is in fact not very good. However, my answer to your question when asked remains the same: it's fun.
at first, a very bad response. quite noobish. then again, take in the constant grinding, hyper-tight people competing for k/d rations in pvp and people trying to get a quick buck off others and frankly you need to find something to fill in the holes once you have finished some of the other stuff.

KingFu
03-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I remember back when int birds used to own! (at level 45)

Int bird, like int bear, is mainly a PvE spec. The point of it is basically to have debuffs, and possible aoe, and that can't get as dex. They're a great PvE choice, and although they're not squishy, and have slightly less damage, they can be of help. I'm not gonna say they're better than dex bird, because that's preference. Int bird has heaps of regen, which does help. I haven't tried it in a while so I don't know a lot about it anymore, but the only/main purposes I see for it is to have debuffs, regen, and the choice of an AoE weapon. I don't see the point of it at high levels, but they are fun at low levels.

Nightarcher
03-28-2011, 05:50 PM
I tried out an int bird build back in AO3.

Let me just say, in terms of pvp they're useless. I did it mostly for pve fun, but it still suffers some damage loss. It is kinda fun to play though with an aoe staff, but it would be suicide in the Sewers. :)

Sigkill
03-28-2011, 09:02 PM
I tried out an int bird build back in AO3.

Let me just say, in terms of pvp they're useless. I did it mostly for pve fun, but it still suffers some damage loss. It is kinda fun to play though with an aoe staff, but it would be suicide in the Sewers. :)

I'm gonna spec Sigkill to INT for one day using full mega mage and see the results ^^

KingFu
03-28-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm gonna spec Sigkill to INT for one day using full mega mage and see the results ^^

80 M/S ^^
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/f33b7324.png

WhoIsThis
03-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Is that with the meditation on though?

KingFu
03-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Is that with the meditation on though?

Yep
/////

WhoIsThis
03-28-2011, 10:18 PM
So 48 without - same as mage with the ring (I forget the name) that gives 3 m/s + full mega mage with set bonus + natural int regen.

I wonder how practical a build it is? On the plus side, mana regen won't be a problem. :) When level 50 was the cap, I knew someone who later quit that used to carry around the full cosmos set with the keeper's staff. He did pretty well and in terms of net damage, sometimes outdid dex birds. The only weakness was against bosses. He didn't pvp though, so I have no idea what that would be like.

On the plus side, the mega mage does offer pretty decent protection now; historically mage armor has been the worst, so all in all, possibly a viable pve build.

Zeus
03-28-2011, 10:56 PM
So 48 without - same as mage with the ring (I forget the name) that gives 3 m/s + full mega mage with set bonus + natural int regen.

I wonder how practical a build it is? On the plus side, mana regen won't be a problem. :) When level 50 was the cap, I knew someone who later quit that used to carry around the full cosmos set with the keeper's staff. He did pretty well and in terms of net damage, sometimes outdid dex birds. The only weakness was against bosses. He didn't pvp though, so I have no idea what that would be like.

On the plus side, the mega mage does offer pretty decent protection now; historically mage armor has been the worst, so all in all, possibly a viable pve build.

Guanab? It's a pity :(. I was thinking about trying out int bird too. I'm thinking it should be pretty good now considering they have higher armor and the around the same weapon damage as their dex bird counter parts.

Jespo
04-07-2011, 01:44 AM
NO!... trust me.. Don't do it. Since I had some int equips today I decided to try the intbird and.. It's not all that good. In PvE I was having fun at first till I started takin to much damage and in PvP well I don't even want to talk about it. That's how bad it was. Just everyone please avoid trying an intbird at such a high level like 55 or 56 -.- I speced Jespow to int and trust me it sucked. I felt so bad for my poor bird.

Tamino
04-07-2011, 02:18 AM
My first character was a bird and after a few exp levels I started to put all point in Int, because I was fascinated by the higher DPS of low level staff dropped. When I started to realize the basic game mechanisms (I was about level 15, i don't remember), scratched out the character and restarted a new bird (actually an Hybrid, 71 STR, but I am going to respec to full DEX).

Actually, INT points gives more results than DEX points on secondary attributes only in Mana and M/s; the only advantage an Int Bird have will be low Mana pot consumption, but you get drowbacks in Hit%, Crit%, Health regen, Armor and (mainly) DPS. You gained some pots for having a frail, weak, and powerless bird. A wren.

Beanmachine
04-07-2011, 05:15 AM
Can somebody post the attack skills of a full dex lv55 bird plz (i.e all the arrow damages preferably lv6)
This is important business...^^

Arterra
04-07-2011, 07:13 AM
I love how my Faluna has no chance 1vs1 unless I get a cruel blast crit.
BUT
in a group, this bird is one of the best kill thiefs I have SEEN.

BeardedBear
04-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I think you guys are forgetting the main reason for any int bird in PVP. PROCS = C-C-C-C-C-OMBOS

This is why lvl 45 smartbirds were good because of all the dark staffs and wands available. You were able to mix thoth and isis gear for great hp/mana regen, pre nerf.