PDA

View Full Version : Level 50+ archer help

Coltona
03-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Ok first off I know there's tons of threads about this in the archer class discussion but none suit me and I hate spending 20 minutes reading a thread and not learning a thing, so here's my question.
I'm using a pure dex level 51 bird with Sunblessed void equipped (since it has better armor, damage and regen than mega set) i have mystery helm/armor and almost all cyber pieces (just need blaster and shield). I've seen alot of people using sewer greens, purples and oranges with the luckier or richer ones wearing pinks and really don't know what to try. I'm looking for a setup I can deal tons of damage with, but have enough defense/dodge/regen to hold my own since most teams i'm in don't know what to do other than WATCH me tank while the bears follow me. Any good setups I should try? I'm using Physio's archer guide for skills but it doesn't include sewer info yet. All posts helpful!!

Thanks

Physiologic
03-28-2011, 03:39 PM
The trickiest thing being lv 50+ now is that there is absolutely no one right answer. It's difficult to find a set that does both "tons of damage" as well as having enough armor/dodge/regen. If you're talking about a well-balanced set, you need to mix and match. For "tons of damage," with added support for armor/dodge you can try using full Bagman's with a Acrobat's Fine Golden Band (Req: Lv20, 67 Dex; 2% Dodge, 8 Armor) for an armor boost. Mixing Henchman's or Drainer's with the Bagman set can add some armor and dodge as well. If you're rich, you can use the Raid Roach Auto-Bow set with the same ring. If you're looking for regen, use Drainer/Trapp/Underling but remember that with Drainer and Trapp you lose a lot of the offensive capabilities (crit, mostly). Every piece of equip has a tradeoff.

Jinlac
03-28-2011, 03:47 PM
The trickiest thing being lv 50+ now is that there is absolutely no one right answer. It's difficult to find a set that does both "tons of damage" as well as having enough armor/dodge/regen. If you're talking about a well-balanced set, you need to mix and match. For "tons of damage," with added support for armor/dodge you can try using full Bagman's with a Acrobat's Fine Golden Band (Req: Lv20, 67 Dex; 2% Dodge, 8 Armor) for an armor boost. Mixing Henchman's or Drainer's with the Bagman set can add some armor and dodge as well. If you're rich, you can use the Raid Roach Auto-Bow set with the same ring. If you're looking for regen, use Drainer/Trapp/Underling but remember that with Drainer and Trapp you lose a lot of the offensive capabilities (crit, mostly). Every piece of equip has a tradeoff.

Ahhh i was about to say something similar and add a link to your lvl 55 Archer gear list, but it took me too long lol :(

Anyway, since the more common sewer sets are quite effectiv for their price you might just want to try them out and see what works best for you! If i get into a group where i receive the role of the tank (unwanted most of the time), i go talon/wing and switch back to max-dmg at the boss^^

Coltona
03-28-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't care if it has high of all three armor/dodge/regen just so long as it has enough of one to hold up better against mobs and bosses than my current setup. No i'm not rich so right now RR is kinda out of the question. I think i'll start looking into mixing the sets like everyone seems to be doing but idk where to start honestly. I'm kinda worried about buying pieces from several sets to mix, and not being able to sell what I don't need (i have terrible in game luck all around with players, drops, money etc..) Yes I follow your guide and have the two rings you suggested that seem to give you "the most bang for your buck" as you put it. lol

Jinlac
03-28-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't care if it has high of all three armor/dodge/regen just so long as it has enough of one to hold up better against mobs and bosses than my current setup. No i'm not rich so right now RR is kinda out of the question. I think i'll start looking into mixing the sets like everyone seems to be doing but idk where to start honestly. I'm kinda worried about buying pieces from several sets to mix, and not being able to sell what I don't need (i have terrible in game luck all around with players, drops, money etc..) Yes I follow your guide and have the two rings you suggested that seem to give you "the most bang for your buck" as you put it. lol

Did you check this guide? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19819-Complete-Lv-55-Archer-Gear-List

edit: its not really a guide tho, but it shows the benefits of the diffrent sewer sets tho, and thats what u r looking for i think^^ ;)

Physiologic
03-28-2011, 03:59 PM
It's best to just run sewer games and loot equips since they are relatively cheap and abundant. You may also follow what I use when I was 50+:

Drainer's Gemstone Cap
Bagman's Auto-Bow
Bagman's Leather

At 56, I switched using headgear by using the Customized Crown of Persistence, but kept everything the same.

At Hideout and Stronghold, I use the Champion's Fine Platinum Band (Lv20, 67 Dex; 2% Crit, 10 Damage) since enemies are relatively weaker than the Slime monsters. In Catacombs and Roach Motel, I use Acrobat's Fine Golden Band.

Fyrce
03-28-2011, 04:19 PM
I have lots of gear and tried them all. I think it's really up to you.

Coltona
03-29-2011, 03:04 PM
It's best to just run sewer games and loot equips since they are relatively cheap and abundant. You may also follow what I use when I was 50+:

Drainer's Gemstone Cap
Bagman's Auto-Bow
Bagman's Leather

At 56, I switched using headgear by using the Customized Crown of Persistence, but kept everything the same.

At Hideout and Stronghold, I use the Champion's Fine Platinum Band (Lv20, 67 Dex; 2% Crit, 10 Damage) since enemies are relatively weaker than the Slime monsters. In Catacombs and Roach Motel, I use Acrobat's Fine Golden Band.

There we go!! Someone posted their setup(s) they used the most. Think i'll look into it. Thanks Physio!

Coltona
03-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Did you check this guide? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19819-Complete-Lv-55-Archer-Gear-List

edit: its not really a guide tho, but it shows the benefits of the diffrent sewer sets tho, and thats what u r looking for i think^^ ;)

Already read it, lol read all of Physio's archer info posts :). They're pretty helpful. I'm mostly looking for peoples most useful setups though.