PDA

View Full Version : Movie/book suggestion?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 06:20 PM
What is a good movie/book that isn't racist, sexist, promote violence (except war between two nations), isn't negative toward religious groups or people of sexual orientation or anything else inappropriate?

I can't decide >:/

EDIT: I'm wondering if Avatar was a good suggestion?

Zeus
03-28-2011, 06:22 PM
I like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series when I was younger. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Wizard's First Rule, Harry Potter, and basically all the Shakespearean books.

icantgetkills
03-28-2011, 06:23 PM
good movies depends on ur age..

taken, unknown, predators or.... books scorpia, the skeleton key...

another good movie is... alien, aliens, alien 2 , alien : requim ... yes i love alien ^.^

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 06:24 PM
No offense Parth but I've never heard any of those lol except Harry potter and some Shakespeare books

IS Avatar good though??

Zeus
03-28-2011, 06:25 PM
No offense Parth but I've never heard any of those lol except Harry potter and some Shakespeare books

IS Avatar good though??

Yea, I liked it. Although it's overrated. A few select people say the movie is good, then people start jumping on the bandwagon, so they too can have something to talk about.

Rebel
03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
The Alex Rider series was pretty good. Harry Potter of course. The Pendragon series, although it is a little bloody and there is some fighting. Once you get older I would suggest the Davinci Code and the rest of the series. Very exciting books. Eragon, Eldest, etc...

Movies: Avatar was a good movie. Finding Nemo is one of my all time favorite movies. Any Disney movie. Not sure exactly what type of subject matter you're looking toward.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Ok thanks :) so avatar is good even through all of these restrictions?

Arterra
03-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Ever read the kite runner? i havnt held my breath for a book in ages... this is INTENSE.

noobmigo
03-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Toy Story 3
Alex Rider
Green Hornet
Harry Potter
Pokemon ;)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Ever read the kite runner? i havnt held my breath for a book in ages... this is INTENSE.

Wow. If it's that intense, I gotta read it sometimes O.o

Arterra
03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Pokemon ;)

HELL YEA pokemon, the movie. (the first one)
Most epic thing ever. Pardon the 9 year old nerd in me.

Rebel
03-28-2011, 06:34 PM
HELL YEA pokemon, the movie. (the first one)
Most epic thing ever. Pardon the 9 year old nerd in me.

Nah man, that movie was the shiz.

Kossi
03-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Angry Birds- the movie

release date is soon to be announced

Arterra
03-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Angry Birds- the movie

release date is soon to be announced

that just hits a nerve in me. it has been taken too far, almost like with david at the dentist, or charlie bit my finger. now they are just mindlessly merchandising the name...

good game idea, dark future

who watched the geico caveman show?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Oops! It turns out I have to find a topic that is debateable. What topic is good to discuss and defend in a PowerPoint presentation?

Rebel
03-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Oops! It turns out I have to find a topic that is debateable. What topic is good to discuss and defend in a PowerPoint presentation?

Animal abuse. Who on earth would be for animal abuse?

Arterra
03-28-2011, 06:48 PM

for pokemon movie:
was mewtwo truly evil?

for my earlier suggestion: the kite runner:
so many damn topics... google and pick one lol. i suggest how he tries to escape his past

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Animal abuse. Who on earth would be for animal abuse?

But it can't be violent :/

or sexist or racist or offend religious groups.

Arterra
03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
FINE

HORTON hears a WHO

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
FINE

HORTON hears a WHO

Omfg and not cartoonish lmao

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Cmon I need a good debateable topic :(

Rebel
03-28-2011, 06:58 PM
But it can't be violent :/

or sexist or racist or offend religious groups.

If you're talking about being against animal abuse how would that be against the "rules".

Tiliana
03-28-2011, 06:59 PM
I like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series when I was younger. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Wizard's First Rule, Harry Potter, and basically all the Shakespearean books.

I agree with the 'Wizards First Rule' (Sword of Truth series) and Harry Potter series and of course anything classic. I would also add the Wheel of Time series by the late Robert Jordan as well as the Dragonlance series (most notably the Dragons of Autumn/Winter/Spring trilogy) by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman...the dynamic duo.

I just read the rest and saw the topic needs to be debatable....not sure if there is a book or movie about this, but there is the great debate on whether or not video games influence people towards violence...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 07:00 PM
If you're talking about being against animal abuse how would that be against the "rules".

Because the word "abuse" is in terms of violence, isn't it? But idk if being against it will let my teacher do it on this

Rebel
03-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Because the word "abuse" is in terms of violence, isn't it? But idk if being against it will let my teacher do it on this

I'm not sure of what kind of teacher would not let you advocate a non-animal abused world. I'd ask, but I'm sure it's fine. It's something talked about in everyday life. Anyway, some different topics: Politics, war, any human rights, etc.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure of what kind of teacher would not let you advocate a non-animal abused world. I'd ask, but I'm sure it's fine. It's something talked about in everyday life. Anyway, some different topics: Politics, war, any human rights, etc.

All right, thanks Rebel :)

Artemis
03-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Twilight
Twilight: New Moon
Twilight: Eclipse

Your Welcome :o

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Twilight
Twilight: New Moon
Twilight: Eclipse

Your Welcome :o

I'm not even gonna ask..

Thedexeagle
03-29-2011, 02:01 AM
I like diary of a wimpy kid books by Jeff Kinney and some books by Andy Griffiths (author) and Terry denton (illustrator). I like these movies: Aliens vs Monsters, Big Mommas, Karate kid, Avatar and definetly, Elvin and the Chipmunks! Not sure about Avatar and Aliens vs monsters though...

StompArtist
03-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Crime and punishment. :D