PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Guy?

Junside
03-28-2011, 09:01 PM
I just got this text from a girl and I guess she likes me... or whatever.

The PERFECT guy would:?*Text you EVERY FEW HOURS to see how your doing.?*Tell you you're gorgeous in front of his guy friends.?*Stay on the phone with you even if your not saying anything.?*Teases you, but lets you tease back.?*Stays up all night with you when you're sick.?*Watches your favorite movie with you.?*Won't wipe his mouth after you kissed him.?*Gives you the world.?*Lets you wear his clothes.?*When your bored and sad, hang out with you.?*Lets you know your important.?*Kisses you in the pouring rain.?*Would never say harsh words to you.?*When you run up to him crying.. the first thing he says is Who's butt am i beatin today baby??-If you don't forward this in four minutes you will lose the one you love.?If you do forward this in the next four minutes the one you love will:?Call you?Kiss you?Txt you?Send this message to at least 10 ppl?Guy or girl Dont matter!

You're kidding me, right?

Earn it.

Zeus
03-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Lol? Oh, I forgot! When they actually do this? Suddenly, your "too nice" and get dumped :D. I completely disagree with this. :D

Junside
03-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Lol? Oh, I forgot! When they actually do this? Suddenly, your "too nice" and get dumped :D. I completely disagree with this. :D

Wise Man Parth has spoken.

Zeus
03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Wise Man Parth has spoken.

But you are the wise man!

Junside
03-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Nah I've gotten rusty. lol Seriously look who got the girl? YOU! :D

Rebel
03-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Who does any of this stuff... Why on earth would I walk into the pouring rain to kiss my girlfriend? We could catch the flu... It's the exact reason I dumped my former girlfriend. She was asking me to do way to many of these things. Much to clingy, and I didn't want to deal with it. It's funny how different they start acting once they become really used to being around you. Not being stereotypical to all women or anything. It's just the people I've dealt with in the past.

Zeus
03-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Who does any of this stuff... Why on earth would I walk into the pouring rain to kiss my girlfriend? We could catch the flu... It's the exact reason I dumped my former girlfriend. She was asking me to do way to many of these things. Much to clingy, and I didn't want to deal with it. It's funny how different they start acting once they become really used to being around you. Not being stereotypical to all women or anything. It's just the people I've dealt with in the past.

+3 Chivalry Points

Reason: Truer words have never been spoken.

Zeus
03-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Nah I've gotten rusty. lol Seriously look who got the girl? YOU! :D

But who has gotten more girls? :D You!

Junside
03-28-2011, 09:36 PM

Like I told Steph, this is really what women want but they would have to earn it. (she didn't send me the text btw)

If we did do this, we'd be so damn whipped and they'd trample all over you.

But who has gotten more girls? :D You!

If only I got a rare pink for every beautiful awesome girl I've dated... sigh. I'd be a lot less poor.

Zeus
03-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Like I told Steph, this is really what women want but they would have to earn it. (she didn't send me the text btw)

If we did do this, we'd be so damn whipped and they'd trample all over you.

I have a feeling all the male members of the forums are about to have a bromance. Females, be warned!

Rebel
03-28-2011, 09:39 PM
+3 Chivalry Points

Reason: Truer words have never been spoken.

Gotta speak the truth man. I'm not going back down that road again. Now I can usually pick out attitudes that won't change over time. Usually the people who have always been honest with you from the start. If they start off talking to you about weird stuff, then you know they aren't holding back. They actually want you to see who they are BEFORE you spend a couple of months with em. Oh well, learn from your mistakes and try not to repeat the bad.

Zeus
03-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Gotta speak the truth man. I'm not going back down that road again. Now I can usually pick out attitudes that won't change over time. Usually the people who have always been honest with you from the start. If they start off talking to you about weird stuff, then you know they aren't holding back. They actually want you to see who they are BEFORE you spend a couple of months with em. Oh well, learn from your mistakes and try not to repeat the bad.

Ya, I'd much rather them unload on me in the beginning then realize after a few months of spending time with them. Then realize, "Oh God, what have I gotten myself into?"

Rebel
03-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Ya, I'd much rather them unload on me in the beginning then realize after a few months of spending time with them. Then realize, "Oh God, what have I gotten myself into?"

Exactly. Oh well, I'm tired. Later.

Junside
03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
You'll realize as women get older, most of them are pretty much easier to deal with. That's why I date older women. I've even dated some young single mothers (like, 23-ish. You can see how they're much more mature given the situation) And the ONE time that I date a younger girl, she lied straight through her teeth 24/7 and SUCKED at it. Dumped her ***. -_-

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Text every few hours? That would be SO ANNOYING. I like my personal space, yo.

Physiologic
03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
I am the perfect man.

Ersana
03-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Ok it's official I'm writing a book and it's gonna be on how to survive this crazed world I'm gonna have a part dedicated to Parth and another to Brooke. Now all I need is to be able to go to Harvard and go into space and I'll have done everything. Anybody wanna help?

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
I am the perfect man.

Lmao, yeah right Physi ;)

Zeus
03-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Lmao, yeah right Physi ;)

Brooke secretly agrees.

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Brooke secretly agrees.

Oh yeah, I'm totally attracted to his forum pixels. They're so... robust.

Ersana
03-29-2011, 09:26 PM
No she don't but I am the perfect man for one reason only I'm not stupid, if you value your relationship or life abide by this rule SHE IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Zeus
03-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh yeah, I'm totally attracted to his forum pixels. They're so... robust.

Why does this remind me of runescape?

"Omg, your pixelated arms are so buff!"

Zeus
03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
No she don't but I am the perfect man for one reason only I'm not stupid, if you value your relationship or life abide by this rule SHE IS ALWAYS RIGHT

I got one word for you. Whipped. (Not whipped cream either, just flat out whipped.) -cracks whip-

Lesrider
03-29-2011, 09:28 PM

The PERFECT guy would:?*Text you EVERY FEW HOURS to see how your doing.?*Tell you you're gorgeous in front of his guy friends.?*Stay on the phone with you even if your not saying anything.?*Teases you, but lets you tease back.?*Stays up all night with you when you're sick.?*Watches your favorite movie with you.?*Won't wipe his mouth after you kissed him.?*Gives you the world.?*Lets you wear his clothes.?*When your bored and sad, hang out with you.?*Lets you know your important.?*Kisses you in the pouring rain.?*Would never say harsh words to you.?*When you run up to him crying.. the first thing he says is Who's butt am i beatin today baby??-If you don't forward this in four minutes you will lose the one you love.?If you do forward this in the next four minutes the one you love will:?Call you?Kiss you?Txt you?Send this message to at least 10 ppl?Guy or girl Dont matter!

Earn it.

She should go to a shelter and adopt a puppy. That's what she really wants.

Zeus
03-29-2011, 09:30 PM
She should go to a shelter and adopt a puppy. That's what she really wants.

LOL, I just realized that perfectly fits the description. Next time a girl says that to me, I will take your advice and show up with a puppy the next day.

"Ma'am, your date has arrived" -Hands over Puppy in a booster chair- "Make sure he goes to the bathroom regularly and give him treats for following your every command!"

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Kisses you in the pouring rain... how CHEESY.

Zeus
03-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Kisses you in the pouring rain... how CHEESY.

I prefer the good old boat ride ^.^

Ersana
03-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Range whipped me!!! Dude that's not cool (takes whip) now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done young man!!!

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I prefer the good old boat ride ^.^

Lol what a cheeser. Those spam text things and things that get sent all over myspace... I remember those. They said the dumbest crap and in the worst grammar.

giayuan
03-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Lol what a cheeser. Those spam text things and things that get sent all over myspace... I remember those. They said the dumbest crap and in the worst grammar.

and the chain mails...

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 09:59 PM
and the chain mails...

Exactly... I'm so glad I deleted my myspace.

giayuan
03-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Exactly... I'm so glad I deleted my myspace.

and made a facebook? LOL

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 10:17 PM
and made a facebook? LOL

Lol I do have facebook, but I only use it to send messages really. No Farmville or anything.

giayuan
03-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Lol I do have facebook, but I only use it to send messages really. No Farmville or anything.

messages? no gmail? eh.. if someday facebook were to beat gmail, i swear a new age has come ;)

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 10:23 PM
messages? no gmail? eh.. if someday facebook were to beat gmail, i swear a new age has come ;)

I haven't got gmail. I have a yahoo e-mail lol.

giayuan
03-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I haven't got gmail. I have a yahoo e-mail lol.

do you use it? ;P

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 10:30 PM
do you use it? ;P

Hardly. I use it to get my schedules e-mailed to me for work.

Corpser
03-30-2011, 07:36 AM
hmmm i know someone that thought i was the nicest guy ever ugh they fell in love with me ugh scary stuff lol

StompArtist
03-30-2011, 07:45 AM

Earn it.

Form a married man perspective and my personal experience (been married for 15 years), the replies I would expect from wifey:

*Text you EVERY FEW HOURS to see how your doing.?*
- Annoying and needy. STOP IT!

Tell you you're gorgeous in front of his guy friends.?
- What did you mess up this time?

*Stay on the phone with you even if your not saying anything.?*
- Hang up you retard. :P

Teases you, but lets you tease back.?
- Ok this one is alright.

*Stays up all night with you when you're sick.?*
- Go to bed we'll both be sick and the kids are going to catch it!

Watches your favorite movie with you.?
- What did you mess up this time? AGAIN.

*Won't wipe his mouth after you kissed him.?*
- Puts on an extra layer of lipstick and laughs at you.

Gives you the world.?
- That would work.

*Lets you wear his clothes.?*
- WHY?

When your bored and sad, hang out with you.?*
- Well if she's bored it might be because of YOU. lol

Lets you know your important.?*
- Ok

Kisses you in the pouring rain.?*
- Why you making me stand in this cold rain? Get an umbrella!

Would never say harsh words to you.?*
- You're a wimp!!!

When you run up to him crying.. the first thing he says is Who's butt am i beatin today baby??
- Violence? You'll get arrested and go to jail! Now if that happens who will take care of me and the kids? You're irresponsible!

... And this was my opinion of all these. Sounds romantic and great in the books but the practical applications are quite limited. It's a bit like the perpetual motion machine. Sounds great but gets you nowhere. :D

BeardedBear
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Any girl that wants those things is trouble....or possibly half retarded.

Respect your woman and treat her right, but you don't let her walk all over you. Neither of you will be happy. The end.

Echelong
03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Oh lord that just sounded like my wife just after we got married....

Moogerfooger
03-30-2011, 08:49 AM
- Hang up you retard. :P

I laughed. Nice.

Snakespeare
03-30-2011, 09:33 AM
I know Brooke is right, that this is just a stupid chain email. And this sort of thing is usually not worthy of comment. But I see that the baby is being tossed out with the bathwater when people glibly dismiss the whole thing.

So here is my totally unecessary detailed response.

Every relationship is different, and people are happiest when they find someone whose attitudes match regarding some of these topics. So, like StompArtist, I will state which parts of this match the perfect relationship I have and which do not. I will also try to recall a few that are missing. I am a romantic, as you will see.

We do. Every day. In fact on Valentine's Day in the year 2000, we bought matching phones with unlimitied texting.

*Tell you you're gorgeous in front of his guy friends.?*
No. We do not put stock in superficial notions of prettiness. Beauty is at the core of our relationship, classical beauty like poetry and music. She does dress nicely every day, and she depends on me telling her if something doesn't look right. But she would be put off by my calling attention to her appearance in public. I am not sure I could be in a relationship with this requirement.

Yeah. If you are deeply in love, this happens sometimes.*

Funny, she doesn't go for teasing. I have had to control this tendency.

Quite true. But she tells me to get some sleep anyway, if I have to work in the morning.

*Watches your favorite movie with you.?*
Gone With the Wind actually turned out to be awesome, Dirty Dancing is a little hard to endure, but if she's sick I will do it. Likewise, she sits through a lot of Xena episodes that I just know have her rolling her eyes sometimes.

True. And the astonishing thing that I found was that I didn't have trouble breathing in her exhalations. With every woman before her, I had to turn my head to inhale, irrationally fearing that carbon dioxide, but with her I would rather pass out than turn away. This was one clue to me that I was head over heels in love.

*Gives you the world.?*
Actually, I wish I could. But the funny thing is, she says she doesn't want the world, just the part of it that is me.

Sure, of course. Although she is twelve inches shorter, I let her wear my baseball parka. Other than that, she is far too style conscious to want this. Also, since we share one budget, she would have no interest in stretching out my teeshirts in the chest.

*When your bored and sad, hang out with you.?*
Yes, of course. Better yet, think up something fun to do to cheer her up.

*Lets you know your important.?* (you're)
I can't stress this enough. If you don't make sure she knows, she won't know, because people don't tend to think they are important. They feel they want to be, but not that they are. If you think they have ESP, you are wrong. Words must be spoken.

*Kisses you in the pouring rain.?*
And hug long. Rain is very sensual. You don't catch cold from getting wet. Surrender and let it wash over you. I like this sort of thing.

*Would never say harsh words to you.?*
No. This is unrealistic! BUT do jot go to sleep leaving harshness unresolved.

*When you run up to him crying the first thing he says is "Who's butt am i beatin' today baby?"
True in my case, but she doesn't want me to do this. If a person gets mouthy with her, like a waitress or sandwich artist, I usually ruin everything by rushing in to tell that person what I think of them. She feels I am intruding, though, because she would rather handle it herself. Especially since I tend to rashly say harsh things when I go on the defensive, and this immediately gives the offending party a straw man they can use to divert the topic away from their own offense. We see this happen here in threads all the time, but I never seem to learn this lesson. So it takes an enormous effort not to give in. Yesterday someone followed her for several blocks in his truck honking at her and gesticulating because he didn't like something she did while driving. I would like to punch this guy, I am thinking with the right maybe around the temple, but I must let my reason direct me to act with responsibility.

Now, forgotten items...

Listen more than you talk. I mean deep listening here. If you love her, the things she says are important. But of course, the things you think seem more important. I had to fail at several relationships before I realized this. They each felt I didn't really love them because I was always talking about my thought and never talked about theirs. But this woman is brilliant, so it is a lot easier for me.

Go for long walks on beaches, forest trails, or even city streets, holding hands. This is good time together that you will remember on those late nights working overtime. It is a western thing, however, so be careful not to be seen doing this if you are in Delhi.

Remember anniversaries. It's OK not to recall the exact date, you just say, as they day approaches, "isn't the anniversary of our first date coming up?" It will be enough to show that it matters, even though you don't have it precisely.

Always call if you are going to be late. Otherwise she will worry that you got hit by a car or something. I know a guy who thought his wife wouldn't want to be awoken in *the middle of the night when he wanted to go to a friend's house after the bars closed and have some more to drink. He is now divorced. His wife was up all night worried about him, and he came home drunk acting like it was no big deal. Wrong. It was a huge deal. Always call.

There is more, but all I really wanted to say is this, it is a stupid chain email, but don't dismiss it completely. Guys, women think differently from us. There is no perfect guy, and no perfect woman, but there are ultimate mates, and it takes work to maintain a relationship.

Junside
03-30-2011, 09:57 AM
I know Brooke is right, that this is just a stupid chain email. And this sort of thing is usually not worthy of comment. But I see that the baby is being tossed out with the bathwater when people glibly dismiss the whole thing.

So here is my totally unecessary detailed response.

Every relationship is different, and people are happiest when they find someone whose attitudes match regarding some of these topics. So, like StompArtist, I will state which parts of this match the perfect relationship I have and which do not. I will also try to recall a few that are missing. I am a romantic, as you will see.

We do. Every day. In fact on Valentine's Day in the year 2000, we bought matching phones with unlimitied texting.

*Tell you you're gorgeous in front of his guy friends.?*
No. We do not put stock in superficial notions of prettiness. Beauty is at the core of our relationship, classical beauty like poetry and music. She does dress nicely every day, and she depends on me telling her if something doesn't look right. But she would be put off by my calling attention to her appearance in public. I am not sure I could be in a relationship with this requirement.

Yeah. If you are deeply in love, this happens sometimes.*

Funny, she doesn't go for teasing. I have had to control this tendency.

Quite true. But she tells me to get some sleep anyway, if I have to work in the morning.

*Watches your favorite movie with you.?*
Gone With the Wind actually turned out to be awesome, Dirty Dancing is a little hard to endure, but if she's sick I will do it. Likewise, she sits through a lot of Xena episodes that I just know have her rolling her eyes sometimes.

True. And the astonishing thing that I found was that I didn't have trouble breathing in her exhalations. With every woman before her, I had to turn my head to inhale, irrationally fearing that carbon dioxide, but with her I would rather pass out than turn away. This was one clue to me that I was head over heels in love.

*Gives you the world.?*
Actually, I wish I could. But the funny thing is, she says she doesn't want the world, just the part of it that is me.

Sure, of course. Although she is twelve inches shorter, I let her wear my baseball parka. Other than that, she is far too style conscious to want this. Also, since we share one budget, she would have no interest in stretching out my teeshirts in the chest.

*When your bored and sad, hang out with you.?*
Yes, of course. Better yet, think up something fun to do to cheer her up.

*Lets you know your important.?* (you're)
I can't stress this enough. If you don't make sure she knows, she won't know, because people don't tend to think they are important. They feel they want to be, but not that they are. If you think they have ESP, you are wrong. Words must be spoken.

*Kisses you in the pouring rain.?*
And hug long. Rain is very sensual. You don't catch cold from getting wet. Surrender and let it wash over you. I like this sort of thing.

*Would never say harsh words to you.?*
No. This is unrealistic! BUT do jot go to sleep leaving harshness unresolved.

*When you run up to him crying the first thing he says is "Who's butt am i beatin' today baby?"
True in my case, but she doesn't want me to do this. If a person gets mouthy with her, like a waitress or sandwich artist, I usually ruin everything by rushing in to tell that person what I think of them. She feels I am intruding, though, because she would rather handle it herself. Especially since I tend to rashly say harsh things when I go on the defensive, and this immediately gives the offending party a straw man they can use to divert the topic away from their own offense. We see this happen here in threads all the time, but I never seem to learn this lesson. So it takes an enormous effort not to give in. Yesterday someone followed her for several blocks in his truck honking at her and gesticulating because he didn't like something she did while driving. I would like to punch this guy, I am thinking with the right maybe around the temple, but I must let my reason direct me to act with responsibility.

Now, forgotten items...

Listen more than you talk. I mean deep listening here. If you love her, the things she says are important. But of course, the things you think seem more important. I had to fail at several relationships before I realized this. They each felt I didn't really love them because I was always talking about my thought and never talked about theirs. But this woman is brilliant, so it is a lot easier for me.

Go for long walks on beaches, forest trails, or even city streets, holding hands. This is good time together that you will remember on those late nights working overtime. It is a western thing, however, so be careful not to be seen doing this if you are in Delhi.

Remember anniversaries. It's OK not to recall the exact date, you just say, as they day approaches, "isn't the anniversary of our first date coming up?" It will be enough to show that it matters, even though you don't have it precisely.

Always call if you are going to be late. Otherwise she will worry that you got hit by a car or something. I know a guy who thought his wife wouldn't want to be awoken in *the middle of the night when he wanted to go to a friend's house after the bars closed and have some more to drink. He is now divorced. His wife was up all night worried about him, and he came home drunk acting like it was no big deal. Wrong. It was a huge deal. Always call.

There is more, but all I really wanted to say is this, it is a stupid chain email, but don't dismiss it completely. Guys, women think differently from us. There is no perfect guy, and no perfect woman, but there are ultimate mates, and it takes work to maintain a relationship.

Someone give this man his points! Where's Parth, Brooke and Art??

LADYHADASSA
03-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Rofl look guys the little things are great but this list is one made from a fairy tail lmaoooo.. Lets face it guy or girl bottom line each like to know they are number one in the others life, but there is such thing as being able to breath lmao.. Some guys are as clingy as that post as well.

Guy or girl..... Take for granted the little things and behave like these things are owed and you will loose, NEVER assume a sweet heart will remain when the blessings become a chore or demanded.....

Snakespeare
03-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Someone give this man his points! Where's Parth, Brooke and Art??

LOL! Glad you liked it, Junside, but I don't really like the "points" thing. I prefer to be rewarded by my own self-respect, and punished by its lack when I don't live up to my own values. I like chapter 6 of the Bhagavad Gita which begins with the idea that actions are good only when they are not done for rewards.

Ladylove
03-30-2011, 09:09 PM
LOL! Glad you liked it, Junside, but I don't really like the "points" thing. I prefer to be rewarded by my own self-respect, and punished by its lack when I don't live up to my own values. I like chapter 6 of the Bhagavad Gita which begins with the idea that actions are good only when they are not done for rewards.

Too bad Snakes, you're going to have to accept being rewarded with 5 charm points.

/end sass

Zeus
03-30-2011, 09:57 PM

Snake, I know you disagree with this, but +10 chivalry points for you! (They are cashable at 15 points, with 2k value per point!)