PDA

View Full Version : No dodge?

Jsaieagle
03-29-2011, 02:04 AM
Why is there no dodge from lv 55sets except fury? This totally nerf all archers :(

Slush
03-29-2011, 03:18 AM
in the combat rebalance they moved dodge from birds to bears.

Jsaieagle
03-29-2011, 03:37 AM
hmmm so the str (tanks, pallies, str birds) became overpowered and invincible now... :/
You know what, I am a pure archer and I can't even hurt a tank or str birds!

JaytB
03-29-2011, 03:40 AM
hmmm so the str (tanks, pallies, str birds) became overpowered and invincible now... :/
Interesting... I was thinking about getting into pvp sometime soon. Might try a str bird ;)

Jsaieagle
03-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Interesting... I was thinking about getting into pvp sometime soon. Might try a str bird ;)

Well... so it is not "balanced" and this kills all other classes...

Ellyidol
03-29-2011, 03:54 AM

We're far from invincible. Birds can still easily kill us.

Birds do have dodge in their gear, Drainers. The Sewer gear don't depend on all pinks anymore, even oranges/greens are as good as them.

Jsaieagle
03-29-2011, 03:57 AM
We're far from invincible. Birds can still easily kill us.

Birds do have dodge in their gear, Drainers. The Sewer gear don't depend on all pinks anymore, even oranges/greens are as good as them.

Well said :) but just curious why there is only 5 dodge with a full L55 dex set........

Ellyidol
03-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Well said :) but just curious why there is only 5 dodge with a full L55 dex set........

True. We're just spoiled from Ao3 gear providing everything :P

Bears also have no hit/crit on gear, which is annoying too :P

Jsaieagle
03-29-2011, 05:26 AM
True. We're just spoiled from Ao3 gear providing everything :P

Bears also have no hit/crit on gear, which is annoying too :P

Well, you are right

Tempest
03-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Pro Pally with Fury= run away before you get creamed

Mikeylito
03-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Birds own in pvp. If you cant realize that then your doing something really wrong. They already have a huge dodge buff, and very high damage/crit. Whenever you fight one it usually goes like this.... dodge, dodge, 98, 210, then you die. They also have drainers which make them even more OP. Only trouble birds should have is with pallies, but even then you have a 25-60 percent chance to win.

Riccits
03-29-2011, 06:52 AM
there was several threads about "give our bears the job back". now we have it back and with fury its very fun to tank.
IMO devs made the birds and mages equip a bit worser in armor so that tanking or teamwork is needed in game.
in ao3 a team of birds could easily solve any map, a mage was just there for buffs and backup..
i think this started a new way on PL. more specific gear and more teamwork needing.
every drop is usefull in away, so casual players have fun too without pinks.
and lesser money drops means lesser prices in the future

we are all complaining, i must say devs solved everyons problem at once, we just didnt understand yet maybe..

ups got a bit of topic..

Jsaieagle
03-29-2011, 07:07 AM
there was several threads about "give our bears the job back". now we have it back and with fury its very fun to tank.
IMO devs made the birds and mages equip a bit worser in armor so that tanking or teamwork is needed in game.
in ao3 a team of birds could easily solve any map, a mage was just there for buffs and backup..
i think this started a new way on PL. more specific gear and more teamwork needing.
every drop is usefull in away, so casual players have fun too without pinks.
and lesser money drops means lesser prices in the future

we are all complaining, i must say devs solved everyons problem at once, we just didnt understand yet maybe..

ups got a bit of topic..

Well said mate :)

Jsaieagle
03-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Birds own in pvp. If you cant realize that then your doing something really wrong. They already have a huge dodge buff, and very high damage/crit. Whenever you fight one it usually goes like this.... dodge, dodge, 98, 210, then you die. They also have drainers which make them even more OP. Only trouble birds should have is with pallies, but even then you have a 25-60 percent chance to win.

Mikeylito, I know birds own lol but.... I tried to 1v1 with a full fury tank while i am in full king set, with all buffed, I can't even hurt him! He dodged all of my skills!

I know dev wants to give tank back their job but just curious why there is only 5 dodge =.=

Mikeylito
03-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Mikeylito, I know birds own lol but.... I tried to 1v1 with a full fury tank while i am in full king set, with all buffed, I can't even hurt him! He dodged all of my skills!

I know dev wants to give tank back their job but just curious why there is only 5 dodge =.=

Just because you have 5 dodge doesnt mean anything. Hes still going to dodge your skills whether you have 5 or 80 dodge. I think the point you need to argue is that certain sets give to much dodge to tanks and you are unable to kill them because you keep missing. So they should decrease the amount of dodge tanks have.

JaytB
03-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Just because you have 5 dodge doesnt mean anything. Hes still going to dodge your skills whether you have 5 or 80 dodge. I think the point you need to argue is that certain sets give to much dodge to tanks and you are unable to kill them because you keep missing. So they should decrease the amount of dodge tanks have.

But if they decrease dodge, it would become fairly useless in pve. They already took 2% dodge per item away. If they take away even more, my Panda is going to be very sad.

StompArtist
03-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Biologically birds should have lots more dodge than bears. Just saying.

serulean
03-29-2011, 05:09 PM
only a couple people that have posted on this thread know what they're talking about...ie. riccits, mikey, elly,etc

bird's already have a huge dodge buff (as well as drainer's set). they are extremely good at PVP at this time based on the current system.

if you can't beat a fury bear, you suck at PVP. no offense but fury is terrible for PVP. you would know what i mean if you actually PVP'd.

Slush
03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
only a couple people that have posted on this thread know what they're talking about...ie. riccits, mikey, elly,etc

bird's already have a huge dodge buff (as well as drainer's set). they are extremely good at PVP at this time based on the current system.

if you can't beat a fury bear, you suck at PVP. no offense but fury is terrible for PVP. you would know what i mean if you actually PVP'd.

cool story bro

Nightarcher
03-29-2011, 09:46 PM
I used to be really pissed that birds got no more dodge in the rebalance and that sewer pinks gave us little of it.

But now through experience I've come to see that it's necessary. They separated bird gear into some that are the best damage output (RR, insane crit and damage/dps) and some with great defense (Drainers, h/s dodge and armor). Because of the insane damage we dish out, it's necessary to make us the most paperthin with defense.

--

Even if it makes sense; if you think about it, a ninja class with the most damage is overpowered, and the idea here is balance.

Bears are tanks; fury has low damage and high survivability characteristics. For more crit and damage they can switch gear at the expense of some armor dodge and regen. They can hybrid as bowbears very well.

Mages are kinda in the middle, a very versatile class that can tank almost if not as well as the average bear and can do insane damage, particularly when clearing mobs. They have nice balance to stats and make excellent hybrids.

--

Pretty much, the Avian is the most straightforward class. It's build for dealing damage and that's pretty much it. Str birds stink at high levels and smart-birds just aren't very smart. If you want to play around with stuff, choose the elf or bear. This is how archers are. :)

(to sum it up)

-archers (gear and skills) are built for damage and damage alone
-archer hybrids suck
-don't expect to do much besides do damage as an archer
-if you don't kill whatever or whoever you're trying to, expect to die

;)

Ellyidol
03-30-2011, 02:33 AM
(to sum it up)

-archer hybrids suck

;)

After playing with Jespo on his warbird the other day, that might be proven wrong :p

It may ultimately depend on the player.

Riccits
03-30-2011, 02:48 AM
(to sum it up)

-archer hybrids suck

;)

- yep, thats their job
- like elly said, warbirds arent that bad
- nope, thats the job of an archer
- u should look for a better tank....

its always funny that everyone wants his class to be invincible and and doing most dmg..
iam really happy that it isnt so anymore..

Thedexeagle
03-30-2011, 03:14 AM
I have no idea why...