PDA

View Full Version : What are the best attribute points to go with if your an archer??

Thedexeagle
03-29-2011, 03:18 AM
I'm having trouble on how much dex, str and int would I have on my archer. Any help??

Tempest
03-29-2011, 05:05 AM
Full Dex=Pwn. Nuff said.

Tamino
03-29-2011, 05:20 AM
My current config is 71/188/11 (STR/DEX/INT). The 11 INT gives me 1M/s with at low cost, the 71 STR enhances a little the survivability (almost never 1-hit dead). This reduces max DPS, but nothing you cannot balance with good skill - I am able to kill OL (hardest AO3 boss) by myself alone, with only the shield elixir.

Frenzyn
03-29-2011, 06:43 AM
No no no no no...
FULL DEX my friend, full dex. survival ability doesn't matter, I can solo bosses just by running and shooting.
Also if you have a mage on your team, you honestly never have problems.
the only problem with full dex is that you will be shoving pots down your mouth 24/7, but that won't be a matter once your fairly wealthy in the game.

Wushu
03-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Depends on your playstyle of course...I was full Dex until I hit 55.

In my case, I went dual spec with Str and Dex. My base stats: Str 129/Dex 150/Int 1

Str setup stats: Str 173/Dex 150/Int 1
When I go with my Str loadout, I am able to tank/roundup through all the BS maps with very low pot use. Since I like to spam my skills, I combined Fury with Rooters and Bellows to get 17 H/s and 16 M/s regen and rarely need to drink pots to keep up with my aggressive frontline play. This is a great setup for clearing mobs.

Dex setup stats: Str 129/Dex 186/Int 1
In my Dex setup of full Raid Roach with XBow, I do a lot more damage because of the Crit/Damage/DPS (45/251/229), but my pot usage goes through the roof. I need 1 mana pot per 2 full combos, when I am going fully aggressive for Boss-killing. This a great setup for boss-kiting.

Echelong
03-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Full dex imo. Birds are single target nukers, sure you can die easy but that is the risk of killing bosses faster. On my Bird I don't like sacrificing damage for survivability all I want is to kill fast and so does my group.

StompArtist
03-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Dex all the way on a bird. Just don't stay on fire grates.

Echelong
03-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Dex all the way on a bird. Just don't stay on fire grates.

mmm mmmm mmmm toasty

Physiologic
03-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Full dex if you want to do as much damage possible.

Nightarcher
03-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Full dex if you want to do as much damage possible.

And less than that if you want to die from not being able to kill mobs and players before they kill you. Where's your 1-2 H/s now, huh!?

MITSUISUN
03-30-2011, 12:00 AM
you cant go wrong with these elite birds suggestions..
full dex baby and die like a mits with fire and graphic lag on iPad~~~

Thedexeagle
03-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Thanks mam!

Thedexeagle
03-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Thanks guys! :)

Tamino
03-30-2011, 05:36 AM
All depends on your playstyle, and you cannot discover it other than playing! These are my current secondary attributes (naked) and how they would be if I will respec to full-dex:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15191024/Attributes.PNG

Differences are not so big; one point from dodge to crit, I sacrificed 7 DPS and 12% hit for 35 Health, 1 H/s, 1 Armor and 1 M/s.

To have an idea about effect of these differencies, consider that fully equipped my Hit is 125%, crit 16, dodge 16, H/s 11, M/s 8, DPS 247, Armor 92. With respect to these figures, when I loose 7 DPS it is less than 3% of my total DPS; when I gain 1 armor, it is only an 1%. Even the biggest loose (10% Hit) is mitigated by the value-cap: if you have 200%, you always miss about 14% of the times.

IMHO, small numbers (25-30% of total attribute points) can be used only for fine-tuning of your performances, but they do not change dramatically your playing experience. Real differencies starts from 40-50% (dual-spec players) and becomes preminent in inversed cases (paladins, DEX Bears ...).

And, of course, it would be very satisfactory to be a DPS-beast ... at least until you succumb to these felon barrels and traps! ;)

Otukura
03-30-2011, 09:33 AM
All depends on your playstyle, and you cannot discover it other than playing! These are my current secondary attributes (naked) and how they would be if I will respec to full-dex:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15191024/Attributes.PNG

Differences are not so big; one point from dodge to crit, I sacrificed 7 DPS and 12% hit for 35 Health, 1 H/s, 1 Armor and 1 M/s.

To have an idea about effect of these differencies, consider that fully equipped my Hit is 125%, crit 16, dodge 16, H/s 11, M/s 8, DPS 247, Armor 92. With respect to these figures, when I loose 7 DPS it is less than 3% of my total DPS; when I gain 1 armor, it is only an 1%. Even the biggest loose (10% Hit) is mitigated by the value-cap: if you have 200%, you always miss about 14% of the times.

IMHO, small numbers (25-30% of total attribute points) can be used only for fine-tuning of your performances, but they do not change dramatically your playing experience. Real differencies starts from 40-50% (dual-spec players) and becomes preminent in inversed cases (paladins, DEX Bears ...).

And, of course, it would be very satisfactory to be a DPS-beast ... at least until you succumb to these felon barrels and traps! ;)

You're missing skill damage... that hurts A LOT.

Moogerfooger
03-30-2011, 09:40 AM

What he said. Loss of dex = loss of archer skill damage. May not seem like a lot, but adds up over time during a run.

Bobloblaw
03-30-2011, 09:40 AM

^ This

And if you are playing aggressively and using skills on CD that is the major contributing factor to your damage output.

Echelong
03-30-2011, 09:54 AM

What he said. Loss of dex = loss of archer skill damage. May not seem like a lot, but adds up over time during a run.
Moog love that sig.

^ This

And if you are playing aggressively and using skills on CD that is the major contributing factor to your damage output.
^
What they all said.

Tamino
03-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Seems like I should use plat from National Platinum Day to respec and give full Dex a try... Sure I will do !

Moogerfooger
03-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Moog love that sig.

I was bored on whipped that up in Photoshop last night in about 10 minutes :D

Tamino, back to the attribute points, it really comes down to your play style, what you feel comfortable with, etc. There is no technically "right" answer :) Being pure dex does feed into the notion that the Archer class is meant for pure single point (and some AoE via Blast Shot and Thorn Wall) damage. Just like pure Int mages, it can be a challenge to play, due to the lower health/slightly lower armor over your hyrid dex/str build...I ran with almost the exact same setup as you for a long time and it took a little bit of adjustment to the slightly lower health and armor :p

But once I switched to the pure dex dark side, and saw the damage increase over time and on bosses....well, just call me Moog Vader.