PDA

View Full Version : End Game Challenges

CosmoxKramer
03-29-2011, 11:41 AM
I think instead of just making stuff for pure lvl 56 people, it would be a lot more rewarding and replayable if Spacetime added a raid dungeon with 5 zones for 5 bosses. Make it a 10 person raid, but really make it tough so that you need 55+ (or just max level for later patches). Make the bosses hard though, not so much that they hit hard and will 1 shot a tank, but maybe 1 shot a mage/hunter, so you really have to have a good tank or 2. The bosses could be hard because of the following

-dps race before he obliterates you, maybe he is building some contraption that blows up within X amount of time
-make parts of the room fill with a gas or explosion that kills anyone in it, giving them like 2-3 seconds of warning to move out
-move boss to some object that dps need to destroy and break the bosses shield that goes up. maybe dps has to switch to the object quick so it doesn't blow
-tank rotation because the boss does a massive armor break (make sure enchantresses are on top of rezzing so the boss doesn't stomp through both tanks then the raid)
-2 bosses as the same time so the group is split and must keep them split up and kill them within 10 seconds of each other or they respawn.

*Each raid boss would be killable by each of your toons only 1 time per day, this would limit farm that 1 easy boss 50 times a day and flooding the marking with pinks. Plus this would give people a good reason to make more than 1 character, experience the game from a different role, and maybe allow spacetime to make money off players buying more play slots. Plus the more toons, the more money they get from elixirs, vanity items, gear etc that that person may buy with Planitum

Pots are usable, elixirs are not (otherwise it would be hard to balance the mechanics without forcing everyone to use elixirs). When/if you are able to kill a boss he drops 2 pink items for max level only. The 5 man dungeon that is released with the raid (for that level cap) would only drop gear up to Purple quality.

I think this idea would do a few things:
-Actually make purple items worth something because you would need to gear up in green/purples at least to good enough to run the 10 man raid.
-Spacetime would definitely need to make each grade of item better than the next (where some common gear is as good as pink 55 gear)
-This would give the max level people something definitely difficult to do once they are done leveling.

Please comment (hopefully Spacetime will see this)

superglut2
03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Well i see where ur going but we have shadow caves. I would like another elite map but i doubt it will happen anytime soon. Remeber how long it took for shadow cave to come out? But i like the 10 man raid. Reminds me of WoW.

CosmoxKramer
03-30-2011, 12:48 PM
i'm not talking about old content, this was meant for a future patch. I think it would be a good suggestion to keep many people from hitting max level, getting the gear in a couple of days and then getting bored. I see so much complaining. I'm thinking besides teh fun of a 10 man raid, i think this would help keep pinks to actually stay legendary and hard to obtain.

I think BS and AO3 had the best bosses in the game so far as far as strategy. I just thought SS could make even more fun challenging boss fights with 10 man zones.

Kooderna
03-30-2011, 02:34 PM
This woukd bring so much awesomeness... Id start playing again haha im waiting for blackstar

Necrobane
03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
I love this idea, and I made a similar post ages ago, sadly the devs said the server can only support 5 man dungeons without too much lag. However it is possible to do something similar in a 5 man, like the same boss mechanics and a very long fight. what do you think?

Corpser
03-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Unfourtunatly a ten man raid = deadly lag imagine a team of 5 mages spamming skills

CosmoxKramer
04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
i didn't know about the lag, i never really have it on wifi. I like the idea yes of 5 man bosses in my idea above then but only drop 1 pink. I don't necessarily thing the trash needs to be so rediculous like in the Shadow caves. Just make the bosses a true challenge with good mechanics.

Plus with the new patch hitting the apple store, the GCD will help the developers normalize dps so that most everyone should be able to do a certain amount but is based more on gear and combos than skill spam and great connection speed. this should help them make bosses that allow them to know how much dps(x dps) a team in purples should be able to put out to something done before enrage or another timer.