PDA

View Full Version : Noneo's Attribute Calculator - Perfect Your Build

noneo
03-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I have devised a calculator to help you all plan out your perfect build. You'll never need to ask, "How should I RESPEC my skills?" ever again.

It's very simple to use, and you have multiple options with the calculator; you can plan a RESPEC and decide which points to distribute where, you can plan your future point distribution from your current level and stats, you can determine what armor will add the most of your desired points, and so much more.

Just enter your base information in the blue area, and the calculator will do the rest.
*note: to plug in numbers, you must click on the "Click to Edit" button at the top of the page*

Check it out here! ( http://jonathonbrust.com/AttributeCalc/)

Here is an example of the calculator in use:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_eA5DSw10JJY/TZJGRMOkfyI/AAAAAAAABTI/9cNgf4xv1Q4/s800/Attribute%20Calc.png (http://jonathonbrust.com/AttributeCalc/)

Much of this calculator was based off of work done by Eleanor and Physiologic, so I would like to thank them for their contributions!

A few notes and references are called out on the bottom of the calc (Scroll down), and if anyone is interested, the formulas are off screen to the right.

I can also send the actual excel file to anyone that wants to save it locally on their computer.

Thanks.

EDIT: The calculator now accounts for set bonuses (via the right most column).

StompArtist
03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Looking at your values here. It always rounds down between critical and actual?

Major
03-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Wow this is pretty sweet!

Kossi
03-29-2011, 03:35 PM
whoa thats alot of #'s we have to plug in..
what about having a list of items to choose from?

Frenzyn
03-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Thats amazing. :)
Good job!

Physiologic
03-29-2011, 03:47 PM

Stat values are always rounded down until it hits the next whole integer :) Thanks noneo for creating this finally - all specific calculations can be seen here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20606-How-to-calculate-your-attributes-using-STR-DEX-and-INT).

noneo
03-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Wow this is pretty sweet!

Thanks!!

Thats amazing. :)
Good job!

Thanks a lot!

In game, if an attribute is, let's say 10.54, it will automatically round down to a solid 10.

I just listed both columns so people could see a little more in depth.

StompArtist
03-29-2011, 03:49 PM
In game, if an attribute is, let's say 10.54, it will automatically round down to a solid 10.

I just listed both columns so people could see a little more in depth.

Nice. I will use this tool for sure. Awesome! TY

noneo
03-29-2011, 03:52 PM
whoa thats alot of #'s we have to plug in..
what about having a list of items to choose from?

You don't HAVE to plug in all of the numbers. You can simply plug in your base stats (i.e. the first column) and find out what your base would be at different setups.

OR, you could just plug in a certain piece of armor's stats that you are interested in. My calc will spit out your final outcome of that item, and what it actually does to your build.

There really are a lot of different methods to choose from, don't let it seem too daunting :p

Yvonnel
03-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Nice. I did the same thing in the excel file that I list my pinks in. I am in the process of modifying it to be able to pull each item from the lists kind of like Kossi is asking for. Mine is still in the development stage. I am trying to track down some of the calculation descripencies. The calculations don't always come up to what shows on my ign stats.

Moogerfooger
03-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Quick question...this does/doesn't account for set bonuses?

Regardless, very cool!!!

Echelong
03-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Very nice and clean work. Props to you also Physio and Eleanor.

MITSUISUN
03-29-2011, 04:31 PM
o.m.g Noneo, you are amazing.

Besides all the posts I need to catch up reading and now this, a calculator to play with!

I cant work like this... I am gonna close down all browser and focus on email lol.

GJ~ it's awesome

noneo
03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Nice. I did the same thing in the excel file that I list my pinks in. I am in the process of modifying it to be able to pull each item from the lists kind of like Kossi is asking for. Mine is still in the development stage. I am trying to track down some of the calculation descripencies. The calculations don't always come up to what shows on my ign stats.

I'm working on the same thing :)

I've already got all of the INT items in excel format. If you want I can send them all to you.

I just need to incorporate a dropdown menu which allocates all of the specified stats into the calc. I wanted to release it now so people could use it while I perfect the calc.

Also, feel free to use my formulas in my calc for your own personal use. Keep in mind some of the formulas are off by up to ±1 point.

noneo
03-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Quick question...this does/doesn't account for set bonuses?

Regardless, very cool!!!

Ooh! good point. I will update the calculator shortly. Thanks!

Very nice and clean work. Props to you also Physio and Eleanor.

Thank you. They really were a tremendous help. This calc was authorized by Physiologic :p

o.m.g Noneo, you are amazing.

Besides all the posts I need to catch up reading and now this, a calculator to play with!

I cant work like this... I am gonna close down all browser and focus on email lol.

GJ~ it's awesome

Haha! Thanks a lot!

lilbyrdie
04-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Excellent. I was wondering how I missed this, but then I realized it's been up barely a week. I'll grab this and stop doing my own now. ;)

Thanks!

Moogerfooger
04-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Yes, hopefully this thread stays fresh...is great at comparing stats for gear before going out and buying them!

legitmerchant
04-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Is there any way someone could post a link of some excel item lists that have been hosted on a free server or something?

Thank you noneo, this calculator is brilliant!