PDA

View Full Version : A case of Impatiencitis

Arterra
03-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Sad to see it but yea it seems to be back. Get ready for a host of people, new or old, to get all worked up about how there is not enough to do, and how they have such amazing ideas (that apparently no-one ever thought about before) and that a new area to cap out in a week is right around the corner, since they brought it to the developer's attention.

Even worse in my humble opinion is how people are not only asking for a new area already, but how they immediately want it to be an elite dungeon.

Think a moment: the two current elite areas are 20 levels apart. Each has amazing gear and insane bosses/mobs for that level range to try fighting. If we make it as common-place as every expansion, it will lose its novelty as an elite area, and just become a "harder" area. not to mention the insane overflow of "elite items"...

also, about the items... the amount of crap people spewed about how the economy was ruined and their characters where worthless after the introduction of hate/shadow/death is just that. If the elite frozen nightmares had been released with its items around lv30, or even lv35, then we would have had the exact same response. After seeing what happens, i wouldn't be surprised if the devs leave out elite dungeons until we are safely out of their range, so that our nice little builds are not under threat.

As for new content... face it, they save top level areas for expansions, expect more lower level enhancements. maybe a lv10 elite area, considering the 20 level difference...

Physiologic
03-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Players consume content faster than the developers create so it's understandable players would complain about "not much to do." Combined with rising marketing costs and efforts as well as a total other game to concentrate on (and new people to train over at STS), there will always be a steady rise of what you call "impatiencitis." Let the complainers quit, or whatever, who cares.

FluffNStuff
03-29-2011, 05:18 PM
I LOVE to see screen shots of the players who are looking for 'elite' content killing the shielded shadow demon in caves 5. In fact, I would love to see a screen shot of shadow cave 5 with zero enemies left :)

Fyrce
03-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Players consume content even faster when they start the game, go to CTK or BS and get to 50 in a week.
THEN...
They wonder what's next...

Samhayne
03-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Players consume content faster than the developers create so it's understandable players would complain about "not much to do." ... there will always be a steady rise of what you call "impatiencitis."...

It is, as it has always been... The Circle of (MMO) Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPAo389cQ4U

OMG, did you ever see someone dance around with an Impala strapped to each arm and on their head?

Physiologic
03-29-2011, 05:23 PM
I LOVE to see screen shots of the players who are looking for 'elite' content killing the shielded shadow demon in caves 5. In fact, I would love to see a screen shot of shadow cave 5 with zero enemies left :)

We ran Shadow Cave V a couple of times some weeks ago all the way down to 0 enemies, and I got a Guardian Armor of Hate...Was really fun though, it's entirely possible to wipe out all the bosses if everyone uses Trash Can punch once.

edit: lol @ the Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba link up there^

Lesrider
03-29-2011, 05:27 PM
It is, as it has always been... The Circle of (MMO) Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPAo389cQ4U

OMG, did you ever see someone dance around with an Impala strapped to each arm and on their head?

I had to quote that to see you had a video embedded and weren't just going crazy ;)
Da*n you iPhone!!

Zeus
03-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Impatiencitis means inflammation of impatience when taken literally :D.

But yes, I agree.

noobmigo
03-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Impatiencitis means inflammation of impatience when taken literally :D.

But yes, I agree.

Please no!
Don't hurrt my hed.
I'm already a headcase.
And I agree too. But SC IS good for LJ pix with level 10s.