PDA

View Full Version : Loot based on Level?

Kossi
03-29-2011, 05:38 PM
is it just me or...

do lower levels have a better chance of recieving better loot than a higher level?

ex. 1: When pharcyde helped me level in hidden passage, i recieved much more pinks and purples than he did...
every time

ex 2:
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii332/ckcheah78/6b520981.jpg

ex 3: i seem to get a lot more recipies on my lower level than on my main when farming meathead

SOLUTION:
make a min. level needed to recieve loot in a campaign.
(within 5 levels of the campaign cap reccommended)
e.h. BS- min of level 50 to recieve loot.

Beanmachine
03-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Seems that lower levels have more luck, hehe i tried to join a group of 4 farming vyxnaar with my lv3, unfortunately no luck

Major
03-29-2011, 05:45 PM
It would make sense actually if lower levels get better loot. I know I have experienced it from watching serveral leechers lol.

icantgetkills
03-29-2011, 06:00 PM
my bear seems to be more popular then miley cyrus...

and yer stuiped leech did nothing turns up 31 mage -_-
this would be good like 50-56 BS can get pinks
45-56 Ao3 can get pinks
40-56 ao2 etc etc but

higher levels can get loot from forest haven still..

RedRyder
03-29-2011, 06:06 PM
SOLUTION:

wow. this is your best idea yet. idk why this hasnt been done already

higher levels can get loot from forest haven still..

lol, i think it'd add to the challenge if FH wasnt an exception to this idea.

Kossi
03-29-2011, 06:09 PM
adding this to my list of suggestions

icantgetkills
03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
wow. this is your best idea yet. idk why this hasnt been done already

lol, i think it'd add to the challenge if FH wasnt an exception to this idea.

also it was beanmachines idea ^.^

Kossi
03-29-2011, 06:16 PM
also it was beanmachines idea ^.^

i thanked him in my last most recent comment on my suggestion list

icantgetkills
03-29-2011, 06:24 PM
i thanked him in my last most recent comment on my suggestion list

ahh ok ^.^

Coltona
03-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Just thought i'd throw this in there for consideration. AO3 isn't scaled like everyone thinks. I was level 50 with all high level team (no one under 49) and in a drop from the keeper I got a level 47 fortune bow. Not sure if Sewers are scaled but this brings up the question. If I farm enough will I get a lower level item? Any opinions?

Coltona
03-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Oh and btw brought this idea up before that lower levels get better drops more in higher level places. People told me I was paranoid, crazy, and wrong even with hundreds of runs worth of proof. To all those people............................................ ..... I WIN!!!!!!!!!!

RedRyder
03-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Oh and btw brought this idea up before that lower levels get better drops more in higher level places. People told me I was paranoid, crazy, and wrong even with hundreds of runs worth of proof. To all those people............................................ ..... I WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Lol yea I remember that. But yea, sewer drops are definitely scaled

Beanmachine
03-30-2011, 12:17 AM
SOLUTION:

This was my solution any credits to me?

icantgetkills
03-30-2011, 12:23 AM
This was my solution any credits to me?

he did in his main thread the KOSSI's idea thread ^.^

Beanmachine
03-30-2011, 12:27 AM
he did in his main thread the KOSSI's idea thread ^.^

Oh ty for mentioning and lol i popped on for 2mins so i didnt really read the thread my bad xD

Riccits
03-30-2011, 02:17 AM
*sigh* i give up....

Kalielle
03-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Just thought i'd throw this in there for consideration. AO3 isn't scaled like everyone thinks. I was level 50 with all high level team (no one under 49) and in a drop from the keeper I got a level 47 fortune bow. Not sure if Sewers are scaled but this brings up the question. If I farm enough will I get a lower level item? Any opinions?

Hmm... but do you remember if that was your team from the beginning, or was the map initially created by low levels? Sometimes mobs don't rescale right away even if people of a different level join later.

As for low levels getting better loot than high levels in the same team, I tend to think it's a myth that came about because people really hate it when a low level gets the loot and so they remember those times more. I remember many times when we had a low level in the party and yet the high level got some pink; but no one thinks anything of that and they forget it happened.

Of course if there are all low levels in a party then the mobs could be scaled accordingly and the loot can be different. But that's not the same issue.

Coltona
04-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Hmm... but do you remember if that was your team from the beginning, or was the map initially created by low levels? Sometimes mobs don't rescale right away even if people of a different level join later.

As for low levels getting better loot than high levels in the same team, I tend to think it's a myth that came about because people really hate it when a low level gets the loot and so they remember those times more. I remember many times when we had a low level in the party and yet the high level got some pink; but no one thinks anything of that and they forget it happened.

Of course if there are all low levels in a party then the mobs could be scaled accordingly and the loot can be different. But that's not the same issue.

No I made the map. The team was: Me lvl 51, 52, 49, 49, 52