PDA

View Full Version : Apple has recently added the ability for in-app subscriptions

Inching
03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Article .... notice the bold part...

"Gameloft Releases 'Order & Chaos Online' Teaser – Cloning 'StarCraft' Wasn't Enough, Moving on to 'World of Warcraft'
posted March 17th, 2011 1:32 PM UTC by Eli Hodapp in Games, Massive Multiplayer (MMO), Role-Playing, Upcoming Games, iPhone games, iPod touch games
Gameloft is getting increasingly blatant with their clones as of late. Starfront – Collision [$6.99] was so StarCraft-y that I've had friends who were shoulder surfing me flat out ask how I got StarCraft on my phone. They're not stopping there though, the latest teaser trailer released by Gameloft revealed today that their sights are set on… World of Warcraft, believe it or not.

Details are scarce currently, and it remains to be seen how this game will be sold. Apple has recently added the ability for in-app subscriptions, so Gameloft could be following the typical MMO subscription route. Much more likely though is that this game will have some kind of freemium mechanic to it, which is where I'd place my bets. We'll have to wait and see!

For details as they're released, keep an eye on Gameloft's Facebook page. "

Gameloft I suppose can take the monthly subscription option... this might not be a bad idea if this game turns out to be good..... in the long run, will be cheaper depending on the fee.

Lesrider
03-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Ick I hope not. I would probably end up paying for one month and then quitting.

Inching
03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
i suppose u can stop it but would just be a hassel

Lesrider
03-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Eh I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm really annoyed with Gameloft at the moment. I thought they were becoming more dependable but I just hit a nasty bug in SO and it's making me really sad. They still have crappy support, so I'm doubting I'll ever be able to finish the game :(

Inching
03-29-2011, 07:51 PM
the worst is Avitar... on the level u enter the ring and fight ur own ppl (i think it was) there is a chance that you freeze in the cornor and cannot get out... u cannot restart or anything... it got me soooo pisses off i deleted the game right there and never installed it back....

Lesrider
03-30-2011, 08:15 PM
the worst is Avitar... on the level u enter the ring and fight ur own ppl (i think it was) there is a chance that you freeze in the cornor and cannot get out... u cannot restart or anything... it got me soooo pisses off i deleted the game right there and never installed it back....

Oo that sounds awful. I never finished Avatar, but not bc of a bug -- the camera just kept messing me up bc I could never judge the distance of the platforms I needed to jump to. One day I'll finish it. I think I'm near the end anyway. I like it, but just haven't been motivated to beat the part I'm stuck at.

As for SO, someone on TouchArcade was able to help me get past the bug. I'm back in the game. Woo!

Kossi
03-30-2011, 08:45 PM
I just started playing eternal legacy
God the monsters are so OP its not even funny
And i just dislike the fighting style
Waste of my $1