PDA

View Full Version : April Producer Letter for Arcane Legends

productor
04-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Hello Folks,
The past month has been a busy one for us here on the Arcane Legends Team. Since I last wrote we have all had the chance to enjoy several events including a super challenging Gauntlet 2, a chance to find the elusive Leprechoblin, the option to fill our stables with new pets including old favorites, and a hunt for eggs all over Arlor that were full of gold and other treasures. This has been a furious pace for us in studio, and we wholeheartedly hope that you have enjoyed the events from our team.

We’re also busily working our way through expansion content (including Elite content), the Goblin event, Ursoth and another unannounced event!

The Goblin event is not too terribly far off. Carapace has made a couple of tweaks to how that event runs that we think you’ll enjoy!
We’re hard at work on the content for the next expansion: we have shared the new pet, some new armors and this week we’ll be showcasing a new way to get certain gear!
The feedback from folks excited to see expansion previews has been great. To those who are asking for a date, all I can say is that it’s always a good sign to see more and more completed content. That said, we won’t be commenting on a specific date until we’re very close to release.
We will be running this expansion on our Public Test Server for a limited time.
In a previous expansion preview we saw an image of a gnome holding a Jewel. I wonder what the gnomish mastery of Jewels will offer our players.
Some folks have talked a bit about seeing a mysterious four-legged creature appear in some zones, but it doesn't stay for long - very curious.
As always, please continue the conversation with Remiem in her Weekly Community Update threads. Many of you have made suggestions and brought up bugs that have resulted in direct action from Carapace and our team! Thank you for the constructive feedback, keep it coming.

As ever, I’m looking forward to sharing more with you about the expansion. Remiem will have something new to show every Friday for the next several weeks as we make our way toward release!

Much Obliged,
Adrian "Productor" Glover

P.S. While this is a bit ahead of schedule, I couldn't resist sharing it with you.

What the Orc Grunt lacks in well-forged armor he makes up in Orcish ingenuity with makeshift armor and brute strength.

sunix
04-21-2015, 12:21 PM
great !!!! :)

azagreoralu
04-21-2015, 12:24 PM
keep up the good work :). And that orc looks cool

fiorent
04-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Wow... ......

scarysmerf
04-21-2015, 12:38 PM
What could this be a new foe or a new class perhaps?I can't wait to see when the day arrives keep up the hard work im one of your biggest fans :)

"Nthng"
04-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Idk new expansion is looking good but when the next event? Rage of Rengol is event or new expansion name? Please tell me ty [emoji3] [emoji1]

Farminer's
04-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Whew

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

coldheart
04-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Yay!this looks awesome.

productor
04-21-2015, 12:46 PM
Why is that orc holding a dark watch sword? Why does it look so tiny in his hands?

Oo... Please sir if we is going to use that butter knife to make some toast butter can I has some?

No, but honestly that orc grunt looks wicked -_- wonder what the orc thralls will be like! Or is there only one thrall?

P.S.: I bigger sword please! Those hands deserve something meaner.

Don't worry, our awesome art team will upgrade his armament to be more Orc-appropriate before the expansion is released.

mesalin
04-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Nice STS ... Orc and new pet look cool we want expansion but if can we want also events back like Halloween event with para gem , ursoth event , goblin event . Here's a lot new players like me and we wasn't in game when this events were in arcane legends so pls give us chance to get money and amazing pets/gear in back-events

Candylicks
04-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Ohhh so Orc new class, or we will be fighting orcs in expansion?

So curious!

Enterradora
04-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Oo and what's that 4 legged creature does anyone know of that?

yes, arcane deary

srinoy
04-21-2015, 12:59 PM
this seem awesome wondering how much i'll need to keep for it :D

Keep cranking these updates spacetime and make sure its the best you can do for us

I want to play the best game.

Kyle Holmes
04-21-2015, 01:02 PM
That's what I want to know. If any1 has seen this creature can you share details with us where you saw it etc.

So curious!
Maybeeeee we are fighting orcs but one got hit from a mages lightning bolt and when he woke up he had a conscience and fought with us instead of against us.

sent from fritters beak

Greatankush
04-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Amazing stuff there :)

P.s can there be a way by which non-plat users and poor people can get good stuff by hardwork suitable for legandry people

FluffNStuff
04-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Carapace has made a couple of tweaks to how that event runs that we think you’ll enjoy!

I assume this also involves some recursion as the event system was improved on in response to the Goblin Event (energy crafting being the big change), so the Goblin event will include the previous improvements?

productor
04-21-2015, 01:38 PM

So curious!

These orcs are a savage and destructive lot, hardly the stuff that makes for good allies. That said, I suppose it isn't quite clear yet why they have such a fearsome reputation. Looking forward to sharing that with you all!

Titanfall
04-21-2015, 01:51 PM
These orcs are a savage and destructive lot, hardly the stuff that makes for good allies. That said, I suppose it isn't quite clear yet why they have such a fearsome reputation. Looking forward to sharing that with you all!
Just a quick question regarding the future, will para gems and nightshade make a return?

ceanizes
04-21-2015, 01:52 PM
Can't wait, very excited about the coming events and of course the new expansion. Thank you for all the hard work guys :)

PhoenixPrime
04-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Am I wrong for thinking that Orc looks like Mister T?

Yeah for events, can't wait to see what other goodies are coming are way.

FluffNStuff
04-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Am I wrong for thinking that Orc looks like Mister T?

Yeah for events, can't wait to see what other goodies are coming are way.

Maybe a Night Orc Mohawk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1vF3-BsoxE

rkp71
04-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Add immersive mode / fullscreen for android already. It was available for KitKat and now they moved on to Lollipop and you still have yet to add this feature.

Earlingstad
04-21-2015, 02:26 PM
That orc looks cool. Excited about the coming events and Rengol expansion. Looove AL!:encouragement:

Serancha
04-21-2015, 02:43 PM
This looks interesting. As much as the updates and info are appreciated, I have to point out that almost all of the feedback given in Remiem's weekly updates (as well as other threads) shows that the players would prefer not to have a test server release for such a monumental event as an expansion. I am curious why this feedback is not being considered. Yes, a short run is better than a month run as originally implied, but the reasons for not doing it at all still heavily outweigh any possible benefit.

notfaded1
04-21-2015, 02:48 PM
If you do bring out the test server how about including access to the google+ database for a change??? Being naked stinks... and google+ is how android is supposed to work for this... if not give me a way to convert my login to your system somehow??? Heck I suppose it could even be permanent if required as long as I can still use google wallet for everything!

Jazzi
04-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Some interesting hints there! Seems though like the expansion is not coming for at least 2 more months? Please correct me if I am wrong ;). Anyway great idea to make a ptr for the expansion. Testing in advance is always better than launching with a potential exploits. I have seen in other games how those ruin a whole season/expansion.

Avaree
04-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the shared hints & updated information. This makes waiting for the expansion that much harder :)

Also I would like to include that we understand the developers want to hear what us arlorians like/dislike on the TS expansion & what bugs are discovered, but after many discussion with fellow arlorians, we believe the largest gain for the majority players for test running the expansion is to get the inside "scoop on loot", what to hoard, & what to sell now...What maps pitches most XP.. Those are a few examples that will give many other players a huge advantage/disadvantage at the start of expansion.

If I could vote on test or no test, at this point I would choose no test, and work with what we get when we receive it. :)

(I will not explore the test server)

Ratiomod
04-21-2015, 04:43 PM
I dont care if someone gets familiar with game prior to release. Someone will get advantage makes no difference for me. I prefer to enjoi flawless game. So I vote for testing.
Those few people who will rush into farming from minet one are on another gaming level. I dont even try to compete with those. And I believe most people are casual players like me.

Ardbeg
04-21-2015, 04:54 PM
This is what people do on the Test Server (based on experience)::

1) Farm plat to get the best Gear and PVP like there s no Tomorrow
2) Try to get an Advantage over IOS users, be it through market predictions or loopholes.

There s a very very small group who is actually interested in polishing the content and so far they failed to make up for the above mentioned disadvantages of a test server imho.

Fyrce
04-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Ohhhh good contribution to ye olde gossipe mill!

Nice.

I don't have a problem with the test server. As long as someone's testing, it's fine by me. Anyways, people ALWAYS tell what they know, so the non-testers will hear all about it. As long as they tell all the secrets.

"Gives us all ur secrets, my pretties."

Candylicks
04-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Add immersive mode / fullscreen for android already. It was available for KitKat and now they moved on to Lollipop and you still have yet to add this feature.

Is this something that devs can add to the game? I thought immersive mode was only available when you root your device and you can set it up per app you want in fullscreen? I would really love to have this as well, that is the ONE most annoying thing playing on android tab is that I am constantly reducing the game.

Devaux
04-21-2015, 06:16 PM
New class? new enemy? XD

gereomanchie
04-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Wow goblin event cant wait to fight goblin

Ign:fianidric

Kriticality
04-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Ooo new way to get certain gear. In!!

justhell
04-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Just suggestion if u guys released test server.

- Don't reveal any ingridient for new items on expanson in test server (if u guys planing to introduce new thing with crafting system) that will prevent android user take advantage from participating on test server. U guys can revealed the ingridient on forum after test server end maybe.

- Provide new items on expansion in our inventory so we can focused on test new content,then no one will wasted their time for begging in town for equipment.

- Lock all map (including pvp map) except expansion map and town. Some ppl participating on test server without even care about giving feedback,they can be found in jarl or pvp map.

Thx.

Bolivir
04-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Lok'tar! For the Ho-I mean For the Ren'gol! Can't Wait! But, I can't play anymore, I wont be hurting orcs like Bellybottom :(

Anyways, WoW got an expansion bout orcs then AL also got someting about them, and the last expansion of both are about finding a newly discovered land! Nah, just a coincidence.

And whats that mystery Deary thing?

Overweightank
04-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Hello Folks,
The past month has been a busy one for us here on the Arcane Legends Team. Since I last wrote we have all had the chance to enjoy several events including a super challenging Gauntlet 2, a chance to find the elusive Leprechoblin, the option to fill our stables with new pets including old favorites, and a hunt for eggs all over Arlor that were full of gold and other treasures. This has been a furious pace for us in studio, and we wholeheartedly hope that you have enjoyed the events from our team.

We’re also busily working our way through expansion content (including Elite content), the Goblin event, Ursoth and another unannounced event!

The Goblin event is not too terribly far off. Carapace has made a couple of tweaks to how that event runs that we think you’ll enjoy!
We’re hard at work on the content for the next expansion: we have shared the new pet, some new armors and this week we’ll be showcasing a new way to get certain gear!
The feedback from folks excited to see expansion previews has been great. To those who are asking for a date, all I can say is that it’s always a good sign to see more and more completed content. That said, we won’t be commenting on a specific date until we’re very close to release.
In a previous expansion preview we saw an image of a gnome holding a Jewel. I wonder what the gnomish mastery of Jewels will offer our players.
Some folks have talked a bit about seeing a mysterious four-legged creature appear in some zones, but it doesn't stay for long - very curious.
As always, please continue the conversation with Remiem in her Weekly Community Update threads. Many of you have made suggestions and brought up bugs that have resulted in direct action from Carapace and our team! Thank you for the constructive feedback, keep it coming.

As ever, I’m looking forward to sharing more with you about the expansion. Remiem will have something new to show every Friday for the next several weeks as we make our way toward release!

Much Obliged,

P.S. While this is a bit ahead of schedule, I couldn't resist sharing it with you.

What the Orc Grunt lacks in well-forged armor he makes up in Orcish ingenuity with makeshift armor and brute strength.

Lmao! that Season 1 blade though! Enemies must be easy :3

tinyears15
04-21-2015, 10:38 PM
The sword looks like more of a dagger when the orc is holding it hahaha

Risend
04-21-2015, 11:35 PM
Fuarr thanks for your hard work sts.

jiazataoe
04-22-2015, 12:07 AM
Wait for new ques :)

felipezem
04-22-2015, 12:13 AM
Lets go kill orcs

Hoardseeker
04-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Well,the "barrel" on the side of left shoulder looks weird

ilhanna
04-22-2015, 12:51 AM
No to public test server. Thanks.

Dreangel_AL
04-22-2015, 01:15 AM
What could this be a new foe or a new class perhaps?I can't wait to see when the day arrives keep up the hard work im one of your biggest fans :)

Nehh if its a class then its like a mutated Warrior then so I think it is a new foe who knows :P or maybe an enemy for goblin event??

carmine_blade
04-22-2015, 01:31 AM
Cool I'm looking forward to hearing more about the Goblin event (missed the last one) and of course the expansion!

gereomanchie
04-22-2015, 04:01 AM
Goblin event plsss

:banana:

gereomanchie
04-22-2015, 04:03 AM
This is helpful thanks for the update

GOOD JOB STS

Tibor Szarvas
04-22-2015, 05:06 AM
bye. It would be a few ideas. if you happen to be level 46 to level up weapons arcane mithyc set the example. they also come new skills or skills could be six or more accurate. mithyc and could be re-set level up 36-41. Thank you for reading. sorry for knowledge of English. :)

Gladius
04-22-2015, 06:19 AM
OMG! That looks freaking awesome but..... the head is a bit like apocai's ... You guys borrowing his frame?

Dotliv
04-22-2015, 06:31 AM
I hope their will be also new vanity ..and the theme is also like orcs

RedBite_
04-22-2015, 06:57 AM
wooot cant wait :D

Wazakesy
04-22-2015, 09:55 AM
You know....after watching all those gameplays on RoC ToD, pirate invasions...

The pirate and this guy look so similar...

gereomanchie
04-22-2015, 10:18 AM
wooot cant wait :D

Yeah cant wait fight the bosses XD

Fianidric-mage-41

Dimitrian
04-22-2015, 11:19 AM
I don't really like the idea of a public test server...

kinzmet
04-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Will there be Duel feature or a 1v1 PvP in the next expansion?

TheIrishOne
04-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Will thre be Duel feature or a 1v1 PvP in the next expansion?

That would be amazing. Sts make it happen!!!

Kyle Holmes
04-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Oiiiii producer when's this announcement ganna be hahahhaha

sent from fritters beak

represents
04-23-2015, 08:39 PM
very nice cant wait to see it :)

Haligali
04-23-2015, 11:53 PM
So where is this 'new way to get certain gear'?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Aprove
04-24-2015, 12:40 AM
Awesome!
Anyways, Orcs is supposed to be Green not Purple, aren't they? :p

derieoktora
04-24-2015, 02:00 AM
hopefully can get grand for my mythic set :)

coldheart
04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
Awesome!
Anyways, Orcs is supposed to be Green not Purple, aren't they? :p

They're Orcs from arlor not from azeroth..u get the point ;)

Hext
04-25-2015, 01:38 AM
Good work sts ... Cant wait thats expansion

Geuz
04-25-2015, 04:55 AM
Arcane update for lvl cap please 😆

Hext
04-25-2015, 10:35 AM
still never know when the lvl cap is coming :(

dinhtientai1997
04-25-2015, 10:33 PM
Cool, now I can challenge the new boss.

Powkachu
04-26-2015, 06:40 AM
Do you think that the 4-legged creature (arcane deary) will come in the expansion? So we can get a new arcane pet?

redcirus
04-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Great joob sts ...

DK
05-02-2015, 05:38 AM
Great, looking forward to kill some of these guys!

Onepiedead
05-02-2015, 04:12 PM
For the Horde... i guess.

Pesifik
05-03-2015, 04:44 AM
Yay!this looks awesome.

notfaded1
05-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Thanks again Productor... also lot's of props to Carapace for carrying the AL torch. You've done a lot of great work in the recent months. Interested in seeing what you did with goblin event this time!

I still think CoC should have been AL2 but I'm getting over it. We're ready to keep the MMORPG torch burning as long as we can!

hpmyname
05-07-2015, 03:57 AM
Thanks again Productor

goodjuice
05-07-2015, 09:25 AM

Arcane deary arcane deary! Yay! He's finally coming this is what I've always dreamed of!

illidan
05-07-2015, 01:31 PM

lol,if u guyz will say me it was rly arcane deary and my friend rly wasnt joking me (he sayed he saw it in Lovecraft event ...Ive made threat about it) it would be rly .....curious

P.S: big thumb up! I rly like this different way of expansion...its...its more exciting and I rly like this kind of eater eggs in game!

Kakashis
05-09-2015, 12:38 AM
Well, I ran all night last night with little success but apparently many people looted recipe. I was finally able to afford it after it tanked back to the original price and I'll try my luck at looting recipie or fossil this weekend. I guess ty STS for increasing the drops :)

Anakraotaba
05-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Gonna be sweet!

vfreakhun
05-14-2015, 11:35 AM
... arcana Deary not, but a new arcana pet will come SOON.
Why?
Because Hammerjaw and Glacian phased out while only Maridos came.

Areze
05-19-2015, 10:14 AM
Nice. Thanks

Hunter16
05-20-2015, 07:19 PM

Yes, I've seen it. Just came out of a portal, said "Forget this moment" and disappeared.

It looked like a Deary with a darker color. And also made a Deary sound.

I also got a screenshot of it.

Dimitrian
05-24-2015, 12:30 PM
Yes, I've seen it. Just came out of a portal, said "Forget this moment" and disappeared.

It looked like a Deary with a darker color. And also made a Deary sound.

I also got a screenshot of it.

Show the screenshot then

Farminer's
05-24-2015, 01:13 PM

Show the screenshot then
The dear look op...

Learafica
05-24-2015, 02:35 PM
So Cool Keep work :encouragement:

Hunter16
05-24-2015, 05:52 PM

Show the screenshot then

Here. Screenshot got scrambled with background because I pressed all buttons at once because I wasn't expecting it. XD

Donquixoth
05-24-2015, 05:58 PM
Hello Folks,

Much Obliged,

Better that orc using mace, that gonna be cool. Have seen too many sword too in this game.

scarysmerf
05-25-2015, 06:19 AM
Am I missing something here today is monday may 25th and no may producers letter Yet are we gonna have to wait till june just for mays letter? The logic makes no sence also we havent had a facetime with space time since halloween event I know you guys work hard but you can take a few mins to update the producers letter and facetime with spacetime just sayin :)

Farminer's
05-25-2015, 08:12 AM
Where is may letter

productor
05-26-2015, 10:00 AM
New producer's letter here! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?232374-May-Producer-Letter-for-Arcane-Legends