PDA

View Full Version : Bear Archers

Tweeters
03-29-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm quite new to PL since I obtained the iPad 2 on release day :rolleyes:. I'm only level 14 as of right now and I have noticed in PvP (very few 3 on 3 arenas) that people run bear archers, A LOT. I'm not twinked out nor new to MMO's so I know how to play the class. It just appears to me that bear archers are the way to go? So help a a lil future full dex bird out :p

Physiologic
03-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Confused as to what bear archers mean, because there are two builds that are considered "bear archers."

1. Archers that wear bear equips (swords/shields) are called Warbirds. There are no recent guide on the functionality of Warbirds but basically they are archers that have enough STR to utilize equipment worn by bears. They have a lot of armor but they lack the skill damage than full DEX birds have. For the purpose of being fully functional for a party, an archer should try to go for the full DEX route. Look at Elly's guides to figure out how to create a Warbird (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13772-Dual-Spec-Guide. + http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19405-Dual-Spec-Guide-%2855%29.)

2. Bears that wear archer equips (bows/talon&shield) are called Bow Bears. Elly has all info about bow bears here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22198-Bow-Bear-Guide.

Tweeters
03-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the terminology. I was referring to the bow bears ha.. When playing against one they seemed so efficient. What's your take on them.. Boom or bust?

Physiologic
03-29-2011, 08:07 PM
I specialize in archers, so you may want to PM Ellyidol on that or read up on that bow bear guide, since he is most knowledgable in that topic. Not sure about PvP but they are highly damaging and effective in PvE, at the expense of losing their tanking abilities.

Kingofhurtz
03-29-2011, 08:20 PM
I'll put it this way: If you're looking to win, go with a bow bear. If you're looking for fun and enjoyment and as an added bonus maybe a positive k/d, go with something more unique. I've seen amazing intArchers who could kill a bow bear if they knew what they were doing. Just hardly anyone uses them because it's very very difficult to create a good build at a low level (especially around 14). I, personally have a warbird who is level 25 with a k/d of 50-54 but i'm fine with it because i'm in it for the experience and fun, not to win. Completely up to you.

Tweeters
03-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Alrighty that sounds like a plan. I'm just looking for a comparison of a bow bear to a full dex bird, I guess I'll just have to observe the difference myself ha an conclude it from there.

Tweeters
03-29-2011, 08:25 PM
That makes sense.. I saw a int bird the other day and I thought it seemed retarded ha.. But I might take you up on that if it's taking down bow bears.

Kingofhurtz
03-29-2011, 08:36 PM
That makes sense.. I saw a int bird the other day and I thought it seemed retarded ha.. But I might take you up on that if it's taking down bow bears.

That was just an example of a unique build. Warbirds work well and intBears used to be good. Just experiment with things.

Tweeters
03-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Ehh I find it hard to experiment with total ignorance to skills and how stats affect classes..but hey everyone's a noob at some point... Then unique thing about this game is classes can be effective with the skills they have but use the stats of another class and I find that very odd.

Nytesdawn
04-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Nothing>Bowbear>everything.
Full dex archer=nothing
Everything=Everything.

It's chemistry. Never doubt or fight chemistry. actually...