03-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Lol my idea is picking up speed!

(Although I said it in jest)

giayuan
03-29-2011, 10:14 PM
LMAO :D :D :D thats so lame..

Ladylove
03-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Omg boot that guy, he doesn't have to pay for pots.

Major
03-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Lol that guy is prob just jealous cuz he didn't buy one.

StompArtist
03-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Unfair advantage? LOL

Weagledan
03-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Ha! I got booted for the same reason yesterday! He's just an anti-shamrite

JaytB
03-30-2011, 07:13 AM
I read it in a post yesterday... I actually have this guy in my friends list o.O (if it's the same one). Will ask him what his reasoning behind it is. I think he just doesn't understand how it works.

Fyrce
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Some people are basing drops off other games. Silly that they don't find out the dynamics of the particular game they are playing.

Redbridge
04-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Is this serious????

Am I right in saying that wearing a Big Luck hat has literally no effect on anyone else's drops what so ever?

Joshooaaa
04-01-2011, 04:08 PM
What's funny is that he prob spent 5 mins tappin that lame reason out before he booted u!!! Bwahahaha!
And FYI, not only does it not affect others chances of rare drops, it doesn't really affect your own either! (unless your name is Pharcyde)
I have worn a stupid "no luck" hat since patties with 1 lame lvl 35 pink drop... Thanks for nothing! :)

Joshooaaa
04-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Plz substitute all "affects" with "effects"... Grammar autocorrect not working today... Dam April fools

bravemenrun
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I believe a normal loot table is a percentage of certain quality items dropping per roll. Meaning each character rolls seperately for loot one at a time, and each time, that percentage dictates what will drop. Someone could have a 100% chance of a pink dropping on their roll and it should not affect anyone else's percentage on their roll.

But now i gotta say... fricken great! The only reason i paid for the thing was because I am a quarter way to level 56 and I have STILL NOT LOOTED A SINGLE BS PINK OF ANY KIND!!! And I've done ~97% of my leveling from 50-55 (and on) in BS.

And now I have to worry about getting kicked out of groups for a crazy reason like this? Man what next?

wvhills
04-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I'd rather get booted for that reason than "k". Lol.

FluffNStuff
04-01-2011, 05:50 PM
If you are not getting a lot of rerolls with big luck, then unequip, equip a different vanity helm, then re-equip big luck. If repeated enough time right before the boss dies, it can significantly increase your reroll percentage. It seems to be a memory glitch with the helm, because each time you do this, it re-adds in more luck. The only draw back is it only seems to last about 45 seconds, so make sure to do the swapping at the boss.

bravemenrun
04-01-2011, 06:16 PM
ooh I'm a sucker for better luck ideas so I'll try this one, april fools joke or not. I've already tried not casting AE's on the queen, doing a dance before the boss dies, breaking all chests in a level, yelling "pinks for everyone!", stacking luck pots on top of my hat, among other things.

i think the devs banned me from pinks after i complained about not liking the BS loots cause it was all too common between yellows to pinks and everyone has a crown, and too many recolors, and what not.... and i still don't know what the heck that sheild is supposed to be. looks like a golden dinner tray... i just want a mega set for the better stats and because i have no other goals now... hmm think they gonna double ban me from pinks after this one lol...

KingFu
04-01-2011, 06:48 PM
You should see my reasons :)

Thelonearcher: -pulls out a 45.-
Thelonearcher: aims at (name)
Thelonearcher: click click...
boot reason: BOOM

Don't forget

Reason: .

-.-"

Apostar
04-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Hilarious! that's all i have to say

Lysdexic
04-01-2011, 09:48 PM
This is most certainly NOT hilarious. STS has a very strict policy on harassment and discrimination. We Irishmen are being booted for wearing our pride and this unjustice must stop immediately!

Break out the Shillelagh and wear your Clovers proud!

Oh, he doesn't smell like Irish Spring,
And he never taught me anything,
But still I slap my chest and sing...
Of My Drunken Irish Dad.
Oh, his face looks like a railroad map,
And he never shuts his freakin' trap...
But all the ladies catch the clap
From your Drunken Irish Dad.
Ask a Hennessey, Tennessey, Morrison, Shaughnessy, Riordan, and Rooney...
They'll tell you the same
McNulty, Mulrooney, and Carter and Clooney
All feel the same mixture of pride and of shame.
Finnegan, Hannigan, Kelly, and Flanagan.
Look to the ground when their dad passes by
Cafferty, Rafferty, Joyce and O'Lafferty, fight for his honor and then start to cry!
Oh, we Irish lads are all infirm,
And our moods infect us like a germ
'Cause we're all the spawn of a pickled sperm...
And we don't tan well either.
...From a Drunken Irish Dad!!

kallima
04-02-2011, 06:11 AM
I got booted yesterday for same thing! By someone on my friend list list who was spam inviting, I show and get booted. No biggie because I removed them from list...if the people on your friends' list can't ask you to remove it, they don't deserve to be there. Also perm-ignored them too.

@Joshooaa - affect was correct usage there, you were right with your original post! :)

LADYHADASSA
04-02-2011, 06:17 AM
This is still going on?!?!?! Lmao The big luck i saw re roll 3 times since i bought them, and has anyone seen a pink from this re roll?

The funniest reason I have had for boot was that I was geared mage! About 3 weeks ago I was invited to a game and booted because i did not have my pally gear on the reason was, " im tired of mages they get all the drops" seriousley..... The legends just keep growing taller.

JaytB
04-02-2011, 08:49 AM
This is still going on?!?!?! Lmao The big luck i saw re roll 3 times since i bought them, and has anyone seen a pink from this re roll?

The funniest reason I have had for boot was that I was geared mage! About 3 weeks ago I was invited to a game and booted because i did not have my pally gear on the reason was, " im tired of mages they get all the drops" seriousley..... The legends just keep growing taller.

'Friends' who would boot me for ridiculous reasons like these, would instantly be removed from my list (Moddred was actually the first one to answer to that criteria). I really can't stand ignorance, and people who believe their own nonsense without having a clue what they're talking about. But that's probably just me :)

Elf-Orc-Naga
04-02-2011, 08:59 AM
LOL! (i just supposed to write "LOL!" but a pop up window saying "message too short" appeared... anyway really funny! ) I hope somebody will boot me with reason "YOURE SO CUTE, that's unfair" :)

Hayabusaz
04-02-2011, 11:37 AM
bahahaha XD lame ........

modredd
04-03-2011, 08:11 AM
WHEN I HOST A GAME I HAVE IF FACT CREATED A GAME MAKING THOSE 5 MINUTES ESSENTIALLY MINE.
IN MY CONQUEST TO GET TO LEVEL 56 WHICH HAS BEEN RATHER ARDUOUS AND RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE, I'VE MADE SOME DECISIONS ON WHAT I WILL TOLERATE WHILE I TRY TO HAVE FUN! WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY REASONS FOR BOOTING PEOPLE
PEOPLE COMING IN AND TELLING ME WHAT TO DO WHEN I'VE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME FOR 6 MONTHS
PEOPLE WHO JOIN THEN LEAVE,JOIN THEN LEAVE ETC...
AND I SEE A PATTERN
PEOPLE WHO USE PROFANITY
ULTIMATELY IT'S JUST A GAME AND I'M HERE TO HAVE FUN
IRREGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU SAY THE LUCK HELMS HAVE BECOME A PROBLEM BECAUSE I HAVE LOST 5 EXPENSIVE PINKS THANKS TO THEM.
THE WINNER OF ALL 5 GOT TO REROLL AND WAS WEARING A HELM OF LUCK
I'M FLATTERED THAT I'M IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR YOU TO DISCUSS THIS MORNING
I AM ALSO VERY HELPFUL A GOOD PERSON,I OFTON REVIVE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHILE I DIE WASTING THE MONEY I SPENT ON MY POTIONS
IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY PRACTICES DON'T COME TO MY GAME AND DON'T BE MY FRIEND
BUT I STAND BY MY LOGIC AND I STAND BY MY REASONS AND I HAVE NOT BROKEN ANY RULES OR REGULATIONS TO MY KNOWLEDGE.
I WOULD'VE BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE DUMB THINGS IF I HAD KNOWN THE LUCK WOULD LAST FOREVER. YES THE PERCENTAGE IS SMALL AND NOT ALL THE TIME BUT I PLAY THE GAME OFTEN AND I CAN NOT AFFORD A 3000 POTION EVERYTIME I PLAY
And that is precisely what these helms do for you I know I've been on the receiving end of them! I figured after Saint patrick's day the luck would stop
I have been booted for stupid reasons people have said fu to me Because my level was too high or my level was too low or that I was a mage etc...
But I need money to get to 56 and I need to win an occasional pink and if anything gives you an advantage over my team or me then you need to be removed.
The saddest part is the same people always try to join when I've told them how I feel
unless I'm told directly that this is breaking some rule or a violation it is my right to do what I see fit when I host a game. I am not hurting anybody and I have never blatantly been vulgar or inappropriate doing so.
Just like you have the right to come here and cry about it mock me or make fun of me.
I think it's a great game there are plenty of players in the game and honestly you don't have to be my friend in there.
So put on your little helms of luck an act like you have no idea that you might get a chance of a reroll when I don't have the money to pay for that every time I play.
In conclusion it is only a game but something that I put a lot of effort into.
And if you didn't care it wouldn't matter but obviously there must be something about me that makes you jealous enough that you choose to make me the focal point of your discussion.
leave me alone, cease your character assassination and do not come to the games that I host then we can live acrimoniously together.
Have fun playing I would hope you have better things to do now if you require an apology or if you feel slighted then I apologize.
:-)

jaggedlilpill
04-03-2011, 09:57 AM
..o.o big luck or luck elixir only affects the individual using it...rolls are individual. Did you even read the whole thread?

Zeus
04-03-2011, 10:07 AM
WHEN I HOST A GAME I HAVE IF FACT CREATED A GAME MAKING THOSE 5 MINUTES ESSENTIALLY MINE.
IN MY CONQUEST TO GET TO LEVEL 56 WHICH HAS BEEN RATHER ARDUOUS AND RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE, I'VE MADE SOME DECISIONS ON WHAT I WILL TOLERATE WHILE I TRY TO HAVE FUN! WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY REASONS FOR BOOTING PEOPLE
PEOPLE COMING IN AND TELLING ME WHAT TO DO WHEN I'VE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME FOR 6 MONTHS
PEOPLE WHO JOIN THEN LEAVE,JOIN THEN LEAVE ETC...
AND I SEE A PATTERN
PEOPLE WHO USE PROFANITY
ULTIMATELY IT'S JUST A GAME AND I'M HERE TO HAVE FUN
IRREGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU SAY THE LUCK HELMS HAVE BECOME A PROBLEM BECAUSE I HAVE LOST 5 EXPENSIVE PINKS THANKS TO THEM.
THE WINNER OF ALL 5 GOT TO REROLL AND WAS WEARING A HELM OF LUCK
I'M FLATTERED THAT I'M IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR YOU TO DISCUSS THIS MORNING
I AM ALSO VERY HELPFUL A GOOD PERSON,I OFTON REVIVE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHILE I DIE WASTING THE MONEY I SPENT ON MY POTIONS
IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY PRACTICES DON'T COME TO MY GAME AND DON'T BE MY FRIEND
BUT I STAND BY MY LOGIC AND I STAND BY MY REASONS AND I HAVE NOT BROKEN ANY RULES OR REGULATIONS TO MY KNOWLEDGE.
I WOULD'VE BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE DUMB THINGS IF I HAD KNOWN THE LUCK WOULD LAST FOREVER. YES THE PERCENTAGE IS SMALL AND NOT ALL THE TIME BUT I PLAY THE GAME OFTEN AND I CAN NOT AFFORD A 3000 POTION EVERYTIME I PLAY
And that is precisely what these helms do for you I know I've been on the receiving end of them! I figured after Saint patrick's day the luck would stop
I have been booted for stupid reasons people have said fu to me Because my level was too high or my level was too low or that I was a mage etc...
But I need money to get to 56 and I need to win an occasional pink and if anything gives you an advantage over my team or me then you need to be removed.
The saddest part is the same people always try to join when I've told them how I feel
unless I'm told directly that this is breaking some rule or a violation it is my right to do what I see fit when I host a game. I am not hurting anybody and I have never blatantly been vulgar or inappropriate doing so.
Just like you have the right to come here and cry about it mock me or make fun of me.
I think it's a great game there are plenty of players in the game and honestly you don't have to be my friend in there.
So put on your little helms of luck an act like you have no idea that you might get a chance of a reroll when I don't have the money to pay for that every time I play.
In conclusion it is only a game but something that I put a lot of effort into.
And if you didn't care it wouldn't matter but obviously there must be something about me that makes you jealous enough that you choose to make me the focal point of your discussion.
leave me alone, cease your character assassination and do not come to the games that I host then we can live acrimoniously together.
Have fun playing I would hope you have better things to do now if you require an apology or if you feel slighted then I apologize.
:-)

Hey Buddy. Developer's confirmed that your reroll is individual. What your teammate gets as a drop has ZERO percent chance on deciding your drop. There is no possible way that your drop can be "stolen". You have booted me while potted before, and that to me is being a jerk.

I believe somewhere on the forums Justg had said, "We reserve the right to ban anybody, that includes being a jerk" or something along the lines of that. Have more courtesy and attempt ask them to remove the helm. (It still has NO EFFECT on your drop)

modredd
04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Getting a little personal, I stand by my comment and if people were not meant to be booted the button wouldn't exist.
Truth be told I don't even need to give you a reason.
You've wasted enough of my time I suggest you move on with your lives
And if the Devs have any problem they know where to find me.
And they can tell me if I'm doing something against the terms of service I don't need some 12 year old kid with an attitude telling me what's wrong.
Until they tell me differently Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone.
This game at one time was about having fun it's like once you hit 50 and now 55 you get this omnipotent ego.
if you got booted and your feelings were hurt get over it! I had people Boot me because I didn't give them 10,000 dollars.
This will be my last response I don't need a reason to boot you.
Play the game have fun and don't take it so seriously, If I got anything out of this whole attack on my character It's that maybe I need to lighten up,
But go host your own games and hang around with your own friends And don't worry about me.
Have a little bit a luck parties. Because when you make the argument personal you lose me.
And you show your lack of maturity. when you show me your physics degree then you can explain to me yout rational theories on luck and percentages but as it stands right now I'm not interested in what you have to say.
;-)

bravemenrun
04-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Modredd, I'll say it again:

I believe a normal loot table is a percentage of certain quality items dropping per roll. Meaning each character rolls seperately for loot one at a time, and each time, that percentage dictates what will drop. Someone could have a 100% chance of a pink dropping on their roll and it should not affect anyone else's percentage on their roll.

If your friend had a double sided coin and kept landing heads, and you had your own normal coin, would his coin affect your chances of landing heads on your normal coin?

Last night I finally saw a mega mage robe drop. It wasn't for me though. Someone else got it and it wasn't with a lucky hat.

Zeus
04-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Getting a little personal, I stand by my comment and if people were not meant to be booted the button wouldn't exist.
And they can tell me if I'm doing something against the terms of service I don't need some 12 year old kid with an attitude telling me what's wrong.
This game at one time was about having fun it's like once you hit 50 and now 55 you get this omnipotent ego.
if you got booted and your feelings were hurt get over it! I had people Boot me because I didn't give them 10,000 dollars.
Play the game have fun and don't take it so seriously, If I got anything out of this whole attack on my character It's that maybe I need to lighten up,
But go host your own games and hang around with your own friends And don't worry about me.
Have a little bit a luck parties. Because when you make the argument personal you lose me.
And you show your lack of maturity. when you show me your physics degree then you can explain to me yout rational theories on luck and percentages but as it stands right now I'm not interested in what you have to say.
;-)

The boot button is there, but not meant to be abused. Hubris :D. Nice, :D. I was just informing you. Also, doesn't bringing my maturity level in this makes you pretty immature correct? Judging a "kid" because you are an adult. Oh, the irony in that. Fancy words and writing etiquette don't display your level of intelligence either, so get off your high horse and be respectful like everybody else is. Physics degree, eh? Then you would be able to comprehend that simple fact that your reroll is completely different and separate from your teammates.

That is all, my argument was never personal. I was merely providing a reason to back up my defense.

Fyrce
04-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Wow, he logged on to confirm what we all thought. Good one.

Tiliana
04-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Ummm....physics has nothing to do with it....I'm just saying. A Mathmatics degree, yes, but a Physics degree, no.

Physiologic
04-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Statistics!

Tiliana
04-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Statistics is math

drewcapu
04-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Statistics!

Darn. Saw that you posted last and was hoping to see an exploded 3D pie chart for Modredd or something.

FluffNStuff
04-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Math is hard!

Lesrider
04-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Can I say "I told you so?" I really want to.

Ayrilana
04-03-2011, 11:51 PM
and now he creates a new thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22827-If-you-get-booted-from-a-game-why-take-it-so-personally) about this after saying he was finished...

Tiliana
04-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Let it go, everyone. Really we've all been booted for reasons we don't necessarily agree with. Why choose this one person now. Get over it and move on.

Ayrilana
04-04-2011, 12:01 AM
I'd personally just laugh at it and be on my way. The guy is just making it worse by posting on here like that and making a new thread about it. The thread likely would've died in a few days if he hadn't posted. There was a 21 hour gap between his posts and the one before it which means it was off the first page. We all know most people don't go past that.

Plasticuproject
04-04-2011, 12:28 AM
So correct me if I am wrong, but aren't drops rates independent to each player? So if someone else gets a pink drop it had NO effect on your drop?

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 12:31 AM
;-)

YOU have wasted your own time.

To be honest, your kinda hypocritical.

You say its all fun and games, yet you are "butt hurt" enough to even bother posting really long post that I only hope are typed from a phone.

You say your conquest to 56 "HAS BEEN RATHER ARDUOUS AND RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE", it's not really, and why you think so is probably because you aren't playing with friends. Imagine grinding to 56 on all PUGs.

And yes, after what everyone has said, all drops are based on your own luck.

It's like saying that I boot someone because they don't wear the shamrock helm, how is that fair?

So correct me if I am wrong, but aren't drops rates independent to each player? So if someone else gets a pink drop it had NO effect on your drop?

You are correct.

Doing a boss with 4 other people or yourself doesn't change your chance of drops.

There is literally nothing that can affect your drops other than pure luck, and the luck elixirs/vanity helm. Even then, it affects YOUR OWN drop.

There is NOTHING, NOT A THING, in the game that cross-affects players drops with each other.

Plasticuproject
04-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Physics..no. Mathematics ....yes. Anyone interested in this subject I HIGHLY recommend the book The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives, by Leonard Mlodinow.

Ladylove
04-04-2011, 01:40 AM
I think I just peed a little...

6 months and he thinks that other players affect his drops...

Plasticuproject
04-04-2011, 01:45 AM
I think I just peed a little...

6 months and he thinks that other players affect his drops...

Lol. IKR. I think I had a good idea of how it worked after about 3 months, and this is the FIRST MMO I've really involved myself in.