PDA

View Full Version : Reasons I stay away from pvp

Tweeter D Bird
04-23-2015, 12:29 AM
I join a game and as a courtesy ask if the other guy is ready. Kills me instantly before I get a response .... We fight for a few rounds Im winning 2nd person joins the other team... They proceed to double team me.... Sigh. Same stuff new day in PL pvp.

MightyMicah
04-23-2015, 12:41 AM
This is largely (in addition to the horrible imbalance) why I don't pvp much anymore. It's literally either 1v2 or 1v3 all day, and most likely they're 5+ levels higher than me. Just get tired of it after a bit.

Waug
04-23-2015, 12:42 AM
I join a game and as a courtesy ask if the other guy is ready. Kills me instantly before I get a response .... We fight for a few rounds Im winning 2nd person joins the other team... They proceed to double team me.... Sigh. Same stuff new day in PL pvp.

ya just stay away from PvP, it's an horrible place.

Ignitedmage
04-23-2015, 07:20 AM
You gotta be pro and have braveness to fight the 2v1!
- what the teamer will say

My opinion, don't get teamed, make you're own game or go join annother and if you're pro then you must win the 1v1 for sure!

Dogeftw
04-23-2015, 07:36 AM

besides, it was your choice to keep fighting, you could've just left .you have control of things in game, you could've still get out of it.it is ur decision to stay or leave.

Tweeter D Bird
04-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Lol I did leave but I doubt Ill be going back anytime soon.

Kaliarra
04-23-2015, 10:19 AM
I bet dogeftw is a teamer

End
04-23-2015, 11:29 AM
I get teamed quite a bit and it only starts annoying me when they trash talk. When they dont i think its because im too cool and they need help

Bes life story

Ssneakykills
04-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Happens in every game that has player versus player pretty much and if you think it's bad in pocket legends you should check arcane legends

The teaming/Ganging is far worse there

Dogeftw
04-23-2015, 05:27 PM
Happens in every game that has player versus player pretty much and if you think it's bad in pocket legends you should check arcane legends

I really like people in arcane legends, nobody knows how to say go lol.

Reunegade
04-23-2015, 06:50 PM
I really like people in arcane legends, nobody knows how to say go lol.
I learned how to say 'go' since I was a baby!

represents
04-23-2015, 08:46 PM
either your pro,rich,or famous in PL or your just noob and get farmed lmao

MightyMicah
04-23-2015, 11:46 PM
either your pro,rich,or famous in PL or your just noob and get farmed lmao

There is nothing, "noob" about getting farmed by three people who are all five levels higher than you are. And it happens to the pro, rich, and famous alike. Anyone who says otherwise would certainly be considered a "noob" by the pure definition of the term.

Groaning
04-24-2015, 01:51 PM
I bet dogeftw is a teamer

Pretty sure he's a dog so...

Sheugokin
04-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Let me guess. Was it FAMILY????

I got it right didn't I.

Armourslash
04-25-2015, 02:11 AM
Let me guess. Was it FAMILY????

I got it right didn't I.

Or Apex......

Iilhopeliliil
04-25-2015, 02:29 AM

This is why we don't play arcane (:

Dogeftw
04-25-2015, 04:53 AM
This is why we don't play arcane (:

hope you dont play arcane cause they always team? look on the pl side, what do we do with pvpers lol

Bazinga!
04-25-2015, 10:27 AM
Step 1) Make a pure dex bird.
Step 2) Get good gear.
Step 3) Rush everyone.
Step 4) Don't care about your KD.
Step 5) Have fun by watching everyone rage and trash talk.

MightyMicah
04-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Step 1) Make a pure dex bird.
Step 2) Get good gear.
Step 3) Rush everyone.
Step 4) Don't care about your KD.
Step 5) Have fun by watching everyone rage and trash talk.

Step 6) Realize that you're only contributing to the problem rather than helping progress in the right direction.

Ssneakykills
04-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Step 6) Realize that you're only contributing to the problem rather than helping progress in the right direction.

I have to disagree with you here rushing is what makes pvp games flow these days the majority of games these days people are standing around chatting but rushing someone usually sparks a ffa or at least some entertainment.

Saying go is boring and takes forever.. but rushing is fine as long as trash talking doesn't go along with it

End
04-25-2015, 02:36 PM
Reasons I stay away from Pve.

I cant find any. Lets go to Forest Haven!!!

imleya
04-25-2015, 09:22 PM
step 7) become the mighty micah

D-:
04-28-2015, 10:14 AM
stop being so butthurt and move on, don't make a pointless thread.

Etarbitrev
04-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Amen?^

& GUYS CHECK OUT THE "WELCOME ALL 30-31 PVPERS" thread whether you are 30-31 or not! It dont matter

MightyMicah
04-28-2015, 01:32 PM
T
I have to disagree with you here rushing is what makes pvp games flow these days the majority of games these days people are standing around chatting but rushing someone usually sparks a ffa or at least some entertainment.

Saying go is boring and takes forever.. but rushing is fine as long as trash talking doesn't go along with it

See, what you're using here is a logical fallacy. The way you've presented your argument is that there are only two options: Rush, or 1v1. Anyone who played during the sewer cap days knows that this isn't the case. People LOVE FFA. It's easy enough to add the third option of simply asking the map, "you guys wanna FFA?" This way if everyone agrees to FFA, there's much less getting butt hurt because it was voluntary. If everyone doesn't agree to FFA, it's probably for good reason. I can't tell you how many times I've had people say, "wanna FFA?" While I had two brand new guys on my team, and the other team had experienced pros and even one or two were five levels higher than me and my team.

You've also ignored the fact that rushing doesn't start FFA the majority of the time. It starts a one-sided gang bang version of FFA which is not fun for anyone except the guys racking up kills off of a lopsided battle. This is what has destroyed pvp over the last two years. (That and imbalance.)

MightyMicah
04-28-2015, 01:35 PM
step 7) become the mighty micah

Leya!!! I didn't know you still played :)

Ssneakykills
04-28-2015, 04:18 PM
T

See, what you're using here is a logical fallacy. The way you've presented your argument is that there are only two options: Rush, or 1v1. Anyone who played during the sewer cap days knows that this isn't the case. People LOVE FFA. It's easy enough to add the third option of simply asking the map, "you guys wanna FFA?" This way if everyone agrees to FFA, there's much less getting butt hurt because it was voluntary. If everyone doesn't agree to FFA, it's probably for good reason. I can't tell you how many times I've had people say, "wanna FFA?" While I had two brand new guys on my team, and the other team had experienced pros and even one or two were five levels higher than me and my team.

You've also ignored the fact that rushing doesn't start FFA the majority of the time. It starts a one-sided gang bang version of FFA which is not fun for anyone except the guys racking up kills off of a lopsided battle. This is what has destroyed pvp over the last two years. (That and imbalance.)

Think what you want people have been rushing since the game has started and you still state it ruins pvp which doesn't. I could of given you a better argument but I thought it was pretty self explanatory. You obviously been rushed a lot when you played otherwise you woudnt have such negative views on rushing and saying its ruined pvp which is complete rubbish

+ half the time nobody wants to ffa unless they have fair/legit teams which rare

Etarbitrev
04-28-2015, 05:12 PM
Eye lik to rash ppls bces dem nomly get angwy.

Me tink max rek micah en thes dbait ad me tincs tat max es gud on rashing bces noobdy wan to ef ef ay no mo. Wesh mak me sad :( su ples cen yu asc bfour deding? Or cen yu ask wehn u goink tu ded me

Etarbitrev
04-28-2015, 05:14 PM
Tanks. Mach preeciated.

represents
04-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Think what you want people have been rushing since the game has started and you still state it ruins pvp which doesn't. I could of given you a better argument but I thought it was pretty self explanatory. You obviously been rushed a lot when you played otherwise you woudnt have such negative views on rushing and saying its ruined pvp which is complete rubbish

+ half the time nobody wants to ffa unless they have fair/legit teams which rare

who is ssneaky in PL lmao

Ssneakykills
04-29-2015, 01:39 AM
who is ssneaky in PL lmao

I'm hankomachos in game

Romantica
04-29-2015, 09:27 AM
He is a teamer

Ssneakykills
04-29-2015, 09:41 AM
He is a teamer

Forgot everyone else was a saint and never teamed my bad

Etarbitrev
04-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Ikr^
11isstpudIshudbeabletosayikr^.

AppleNoob
04-30-2015, 12:54 AM
Ikr^
11isstpudIshudbeabletosayikr^.

Vert, I felt like you needed some help so here you go!
http://www.edufind.com/english-grammar/english-grammar-guide/

MightyMicah
04-30-2015, 07:16 AM

You said people have rushed from the beginning which is true but misleading. Pvp hasn't always been the madhouse that it is now. You then said you could give a better argument but, "it was pretty self explanatory." This is a logical fallacy. The notion you're implying is that it's so obvious, no one can possibly object without looking silly. This is not true. Plenty of people object with good reason, and it isn't silly at all.

1. It's ruined build diversity. When the game is all about rushing and being rushed, there is no room for build testing, or running an underpowered build, because you'll get ridiculed and teamed to death.

2. It's ruined fair play. Your very statements are indications that what I'm saying is true. There was a time when the community accepted the idea that teams should be fair. No one wants to play fair anymore. Now, it's all about who can abuse the battlefield the most to their own advantage.

3. It's given ultimate power to guilds and left solo players behind. Unless you're in a good teaming-based guild, people aren't afriad of you and they'll rush you to death 3v1. This is not healthy for a mobile game especially since it's harder to build guild communities. So the majority of players are solo players and will leave pvp very quickly due to the nature of guilds.

Ssneakykills
04-30-2015, 10:46 AM
You said people have rushed from the beginning which is true but misleading. Pvp hasn't always been the madhouse that it is now. You then said you could give a better argument but, "it was pretty self explanatory." This is a logical fallacy. The notion you're implying is that it's so obvious, no one can possibly object without looking silly. This is not true. Plenty of people object with good reason, and it isn't silly at all.

1. It's ruined build diversity. When the game is all about rushing and being rushed, there is no room for build testing, or running an underpowered build, because you'll get ridiculed and teamed to death.

2. It's ruined fair play. Your very statements are indications that what I'm saying is true. There was a time when the community accepted the idea that teams should be fair. No one wants to play fair anymore. Now, it's all about who can abuse the battlefield the most to their own advantage.

3. It's given ultimate power to guilds and left solo players behind. Unless you're in a good teaming-based guild, people aren't afriad of you and they'll rush you to death 3v1. This is not healthy for a mobile game especially since it's harder to build guild communities. So the majority of players are solo players and will leave pvp very quickly due to the nature of guilds.

We will just have to agree to disagree then

MightyMicah
04-30-2015, 12:25 PM
We will just have to agree to disagree then

Indeed. Good discussion though.

Rescind
04-30-2015, 12:46 PM
When people rush me while talking to people I just stay dead and continue talking

fblow
05-01-2015, 12:43 PM

just join family buy a str set and 3v1 people then leave when its a 3v2 or 3v3

Waug
05-03-2015, 08:24 AM
T

This is what has destroyed pvp over the last two years. (That and imbalance.)

this is really funny & far from reality.

People r opportunist, i'm not saying everyone or ur, but most of . Even you dont have to be a so called rusher to get rushed or teamed by guild as you mentioned, neither this has been since last two years.

Another funny thing I noticed is - rushing and good build relation, there are some who only say go or accept go only when they feel, they can win easily and specially against weaker player, just to build a good KD. This is just an example to show that how go system maynot be realted to skill.

Itoopeo
05-03-2015, 09:47 AM
just join family buy a str set and 3v1 people then leave when its a 3v2 or 3v3

Or get a bird and blast shot people in mid-fight for free kills.

MrClifford
05-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Just come to 15, majority of people use the go rule

Sheugokin
05-04-2015, 04:37 PM

Even with go, 15 is the place if you want to get trash-talked, rushed if you're new, and if you have bad gear. DON'T go to 15.

Ssneakykills
05-04-2015, 04:47 PM

Because its not easy to rush and to take on more than 1 person at once trust me I've tried it

Itoopeo
05-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Because its not easy to rush and to take on more than 1 person at once trust me I've tried it

My bear is going to 25 and is atm 22 so with beckon and all slashes I decided to buy the mojo stick with nice damage and go wreck some L15 kids.
The amount of trash talk was crazy its even worse than endgame

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

AppleNoob
05-04-2015, 06:17 PM
My bear is going to 25 and is atm 22 so with beckon and all slashes I decided to buy the mojo stick with nice damage and go wreck some L15 kids.
The amount of trash talk was crazy its even worse than endgame

25 wants to kill 15s, hmm something seems weird with that equation.

Burstnuke
05-04-2015, 08:14 PM

Excatly why it's boring as hell (besides 4-6 skills).

MightyMicah
05-05-2015, 12:36 PM
this is really funny & far from reality.

People r opportunist, i'm not saying everyone or ur, but most of . Even you dont have to be a so called rusher to get rushed or teamed by guild as you mentioned, neither this has been since last two years.

Another funny thing I noticed is - rushing and good build relation, there are some who only say go or accept go only when they feel, they can win easily and specially against weaker player, just to build a good KD. This is just an example to show that how go system maynot be realted to skill.

See, here you present a logical fallacy, same as Sneaky did.

You first begin by laughing at my statements as if to assume that they're so foolish that they're laughable. Yet you give nothing to back it up. This implies that I'm just a foolish person with nothing good to say and you're so high above me intellectually that my statements are laughable to you.

You went on to say that people are opportunist. This is true, they always have been. But that has nothing to do with why people rushed. Rushing predominantly started a few years ago with unknown terrorists. They were the first big force to begin ruling the scene and introducing the idea of guild gang banging. What many don't know is that I was an officer in that guild and good friends with Jop. As a matter of fact, it was jop and I who first discussed the idea of creating another guild for us to share. That was until he stabbed me in the back for extra kills and then kicked me from the guild to create a new one with another friend. It was then that I realized rushing isn't worth it.

You then present two more fallacies by acting as if the only people who 1v1 are in it for good KDR, and that the only options for the arena are rushing and 1v1. This is what sneaky tried to pull. It's not true. There is such thing as FFA and anyone who played during sewer cap knows what I'm referring to. Try asking politely to FFA some time. You'll be surprised by how many people agree to it, and if they don't I'll bet there is good reason for it. No one wants to FFA against people five levels higher than them. And no one wants to FFA while they have two brand new PvPers on their team.

Waug
05-05-2015, 08:30 PM
See, here you present a logical fallacy, same as Sneaky did.

You first begin by laughing at my statements as if to assume that they're so foolish that they're laughable. Yet you give nothing to back it up. This implies that I'm just a foolish person with nothing good to say and you're so high above me intellectually that my statements are laughable to you.

You went on to say that people are opportunist. This is true, they always have been. But that has nothing to do with why people rushed. Rushing predominantly started a few years ago with unknown terrorists. They were the first big force to begin ruling the scene and introducing the idea of guild gang banging. What many don't know is that I was an officer in that guild and good friends with Jop. As a matter of fact, it was jop and I who first discussed the idea of creating another guild for us to share. That was until he stabbed me in the back for extra kills and then kicked me from the guild to create a new one with another friend. It was then that I realized rushing isn't worth it.

You then present two more fallacies by acting as if the only people who 1v1 are in it for good KDR, and that the only options for the arena are rushing and 1v1. This is what sneaky tried to pull. It's not true. There is such thing as FFA and anyone who played during sewer cap knows what I'm referring to. Try asking politely to FFA some time. You'll be surprised by how many people agree to it, and if they don't I'll bet there is good reason for it. No one wants to FFA against people five levels higher than them. And no one wants to FFA while they have two brand new PvPers on their team.

Why are you pushing things, and describing funny as 'laughing at foolish things' that's not true neither I meant that. There are no fallacies in my post, but you narrowed down example and started to judge everything based on a specific example, that's not what an example is, that example was based on specific circumstances I mentioned, apply that example to any other situation is itself a fallacy, hopefully you'll understand that.

I have to say you have really few misconception like rushing was started by some terrorist, jop or whatever you call it, you're taking about a specific twink level and judging the whole game PvP by that. Which have to be, and which is totally false. Rushing was significantly before that as it's now overall across the game,

humiiii
05-06-2015, 02:10 AM
Rushing is part of the few things i enjoy in PL... And i don't see how it's a bad thing, unless it's 3v1 or 2v1

Etarbitrev
05-06-2015, 05:55 AM
Where there is free flowing go system PvP, there is rushing.
yin n yang & all that crap. One doesn't exist without another. Where somebody is playing fairly somebody will use something to gain the upper hand. I just view it as competitiveness & it makes PL fun nowadays to rush, as humiiii said.

Respecs
05-06-2015, 03:27 PM
I love getting teamed :3

Itoopeo
05-07-2015, 03:09 AM
I love getting teamed :3

I knoooow <3<3

Respecs
05-07-2015, 11:12 AM
I knoooow <3<3

you know what else? Your a big cry baby

Itoopeo
05-07-2015, 05:40 PM

But its a fact that im always having fun in PL.
If im not, I just see if the source of annoyance goes away for 5min and if not, I go play League of legends.

Respecs
05-08-2015, 02:42 PM
But its a fact that im always having fun in PL.
If im not, I just see if the source of annoyance goes away for 5min and if not, I go play League of legends.

WAO who takls League wen dis is pokcet legensd!

Burstnuke
05-08-2015, 06:13 PM

You're* Lol

Itoopeo
05-09-2015, 03:43 AM
You're* Lol

The irritation... :D
I can feel it respecs is throwing his keyboard around there

The Sadness
05-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Solution, make a bear.

Respecs
05-09-2015, 04:42 PM
The irritation... :D
I can feel it respecs is throwing his keyboard around there

Yeh I throw keyboard at u :3

Dchar7
05-30-2015, 12:04 AM
I played sewer cap and i got to say it was the most fun i every had back then, no unbalance or nerfed classes, no cooldowns inbetween casting all your abilitys. Was mad fun. I believe it's not rushing that ruined this game, but teaming, trash talking and straight up useless people who don't help others. This use to be a good game, however because of this it's bad. I'd much rather play league, though i don't have a pc. Just wish sts would roll back pl to 2010-2011 so we could have the old days feel of what was once a great game again. Or make a pl v2 with the old game, so those who choose to stay with new rather then old can, enough said. :/