PDA

View Full Version : Leechers!

Quara
04-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I have seen way too many leechers/stalkers in this game. One such user, tomatos, joined my level 18+ party at level 6 to gain xp while just standing at the entrance. When we left to make a new game, he simply looked up our names and joined us again. In doing this, he was able to gain three levels and received loot badly needed by the legitimate players.

We need a way to vote for a player to be kicked so lamers like Tomatos can't steal our loot and xp!

Samhayne
04-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi Quara,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We've heard a few similar reports and I believe the team is considering ways to address the problem. One thing you can do now is add the players you are playing with to your friends list and then all go into a password protected game.

Hope that helps!

Dizko
04-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Good suggestion Sam, but not a permanent one. Would be tough for new players to get started and make friends if almost all of the rooms were password protected.

I'm up for the voting idea. Make it so that if 50% of the party votes to kick then the player is kicked.

Seen so many leechers. Their K/D ratio is going to be hilarious though.

_ck
04-11-2010, 03:09 PM
There should be a moderator (the one starting the game) that can boot people, and idle people should be booted after X minutes automatically. Can't be that difficult to implement.. I hope!

Dizko
04-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Thats a good idea. The host should have kicking powers. And maybe have some extra emotes like "Charge!" and "Fallback!"

_ck
04-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I added some custom quick-chat messages like "Let's go!", "Hell yeah!" and "DIE! DIE! DIE!" (for those really intense battles), haha.

Justg
04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
We are looking into a quick way to address this tomorrow.

Rylin
04-11-2010, 05:24 PM
If you start adding kicking powers for players to use among other things, it could prove abusive and instill a negative impact on new players.

On the other hand, it would be nice to add some sort of 'buddy system' to help a lower player level up. This is mostly for those that are going back to create an alt as I'm sure some of us out there would love to level up fairly quickly after playing the game normally the first time through. You should limit new players from entering higher level areas their first time through but I don't see the need to punish those that already have a level 25 character and want to go back and play with new classes and would like to level a little bit faster if they've already played through the game before.

It's a tricky call to make on the part of the developers.

Jaysal
04-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Heres a big problem with all this.. Password is great and all but since there is no way to whisper players... You cant tell people a password without the culprit/leacher hearing it as well...

The list of current games is very random and hard to navigate..

Currently the best way to find new games is adding everyone your level to your friends list and attempting to join.

This needs attention soon.

setec
04-11-2010, 06:44 PM
There is no way to clear an entire level in one minute with a group of 4 + 1 leecher (unless maybe the lower free levels). So, why not make it that if there is 60 seconds of your char being in BUSY that you get auto-kicked by the server. This should not apply for password protected games.

Yes, I suppose a pure leecher could keep logging into games for 60 seconds and slowly get XP but really, that would be annoying for that person. It takes more energy to do that then play level the correct way.

EDIT: Also, if they don't actually go BUSY but just stand there in game, then 60 seconds of inactivity. Of course, I guess they could just move their char to defeat this.

Scratch my ideas. They have work arounds. :(

Jetshrike
04-12-2010, 02:50 AM
How about a sustem where you must reach the minimum level to gain exp? It would kind of suck for those of us who can do high level dungeons early (I can't ;P) but it would stop some low level leachers. For the higher level ones... I agree instigating a vote kick systsem would raise a whole load of issues but it would work. :/

setec
04-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Just like the Borg, the Leechers have adapted. Knowing they must be close for XP, they now follow the group just close enough to gain XP & loot. I saw one do this for several levels and he would fight on the last part as if he had been fighting all along as to attempt to fool the rest of the group.

Jetshrike
04-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Yeah but it stopped leachers actually idling and it looks like they are getting closer to actually playing. Another suggestion would be to get exp you must of pressed your attack/skill button within the last five seconds. Or you must have hit a monster recently but thats getting more extreme

setec
04-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Yeah but it stopped leachers actually idling and it looks like they are getting closer to actually playing. Another suggestion would be to get exp you must of pressed your attack/skill button within the last five seconds. Or you must have hit a monster recently but thats getting more extreme

Maybe but then if your job was pure healer for the party, then you would rarely use the attack button.

Dizko
04-13-2010, 07:47 AM
All that is needed is for the host to have power to kick.

You could even make it so that a couple of people also have to agree with the kick.

EddyBumba
04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
All that is needed is for the host to have power to kick.

You could even make it so that a couple of people also have to agree with the kick.

Agreed, though I'd like to see min level requirements too.
Just feel better if they can't get in to start with rather than messing around pausing for drama.

Think it should be the game starter who has kick powers. All these things have been tried and tested in WoW so just 'emulate' their model - raid leader/s can kick.

Lan
04-13-2010, 09:57 AM
When the level range of each pack is only 5 levels, locking out lower levels is too much. I was able to adequately adventure through Fathom well before level 20.