PDA

View Full Version : 1v1

illidan
04-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Hey guyz!
As many PvE players,I have also PvP char ,playing there pretty often last few weeks,but one thing that is rly annoying is when u wanna duel some1, in many cases Player2 gangs u and u have many deaths cuz of this (ik,it depends on team,but I think its not very fair when u r dying cuz of low geared players in ur team) . And ofc its very ugly when some1 starts to laugh to u "haha,noob,u cant kill me" ,but in 1v1 he would be dead for sure (it happened many times to me - we r 2 in TDM,one red,one blue ....I kill enemy in 1v1,then he calls 2 more friends and it turns to 3v1 and Im dying,but I can kill all of them 1v1)

Im sure many ppl would appraise if STS adds to CTF and TDM new pvp arena for 1v1

...ya,Ik u guyz in STS have lot of work with expansion,new events and stuff like that....it doesnt have to be immediately,but it would be nice to see it in future :)

emkochiu
04-23-2015, 12:39 PM
You wont see them in 1 vs 1 map :).

kinzmet
04-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Theres already a lots of threads about that, and we all hope and suggest for 2 years now.
Heres one of those threads (read remiem's answer) -------> HERE

regizakirs.rs
04-23-2015, 12:47 PM
If it's 1 vs 1 and you win. He's calls for help, you leave and avoid drama.

debitmandiri
04-24-2015, 06:28 AM
Rogue will dominate entire 1v1 (equal gear), trust me u will ask for nerf thread again

Iinorex
04-24-2015, 07:06 AM
if they make a 1v1 arena everyone will dummy farm....now most people dont dummy farm coz its not easy to find a room n lock it

Ssneakykills
04-24-2015, 07:42 AM
I'll 1vs1 no scopes you

rstilzchen
04-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Actually 1vs1 not even interesting.
Explanation: if gear is near to equal, mage wins rogue, rogue wins war and war wins mage (exclude some special cases happening with some special people).
If both players of same class, rogue vs rogue is almost pure luck, mage vs mage is pure luck after shield buff, and only maybe war vs war interesting game.
Of cource, it would be very popular during 1-2 days after release.
But trust me, you wont find it less frustrating than current pvp areas. Necro users will use this map for farm dummies(everyone undergeared) in legal way.

kinzmet
04-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Actually 1vs1 not even interesting.
Explanation: if gear is near to equal, mage wins rogue, rogue wins war and war wins mage (exclude some special cases happening with some special people).
If both players of same class, rogue vs rogue is almost pure luck, mage vs mage is pure luck after shield buff, and only maybe war vs war interesting game.
Of cource, it would be very popular during 1-2 days after release.
But trust me, you wont find it less frustrating than current pvp areas. Necro users will use this map for farm dummies(everyone undergeared) in legal way.

So not true. A lots of people do 1v1 even in the current pvp set up we have now, so it means 1v1 is so interresting the some would even post threads in forum challenging anyone in 1v1 for price.

Mage wins Rogue? Rogue vs rogue is pure luck? Mage vs Mage is pure luck? Warrior vs Warrior is interresting? These are all based on biased assumptions.
They won't farm dummies If the new pvp area will not have kdr, simple solution.

rstilzchen
04-24-2015, 11:42 AM
So not true. A lots of people do 1v1 even in the current pvp set up we have now, so it means 1v1 is so interresting the some would even post threads in forum challenging anyone in 1v1 for price.

Mage wins Rogue? Rogue vs rogue is pure luck? Mage vs Mage is pure luck? Warrior vs Warrior is interresting? These are all based on biased assumptions.
They won't farm dummies If the new pvp area will not have kdr, simple solution.

1. "Mage wins Rogue? Rogue vs rogue is pure luck? Mage vs Mage is pure luck? Warrior vs Warrior is interresting?". Any mythic geared mage can win rogue even with arcane ring if both see each other. It is not "biased assumptions", I am mage and i did it and I see everyday how other mages do it. Rogue vs rogue with any gear is pure luck, who crit first. If both have high gear, crit so high and kill with one shot, if both have low gear, armor and hp so low and kill with one shot. Mage vs Mage is pure luck because with breaking game stun immunity outcome of the battle determines by crits too. Of course, crit setup of gear helps, but since crit is persentage its all about luck. I dont do "biased assumptions", I have huge experience of killing and dying.

2. "A lots of people do 1v1 even in the current pvp set up we have now". Sometimes i see people who tries 1v1 in current maps, its true. Most often this fights start due to the fact that someone had called another noob. Of course, I undestand what if something exist, someone always will use it, I just said that people will understand all about their strength and potential very fast and then return to team battles, giving deeper possibilities. 8 or 10 people give more options to fight than 2, thats why it is less boring.

3. "They won't farm dummies If the new pvp area will not have kdr, simple solution". This is could correct all PvP problems, that we have right now. But no one will strive for the best gear if wont get advantages over others. Afterward, STS lose their best source of income.

Summary, maybe mine arguments seem as "biased assumptions" for some, since I have 2 year game experience and PvP experience that enough for presence on the leaderboards. All I meant, in my opinion 1v1 arena probably wont recoup the resources cost for its implementating, especially considering that fact, that some events and expansion and work with the new game on the line.

kinzmet
04-24-2015, 02:43 PM
1. Its called "Biased" because its only based on end game PVP. If you will consider the entire AL PvP, all of those things that you mention is based on End-game experience you had, hince its biased. You think a low level PvP can 1 shoot each other with crit? Please think as a whole, not just from your stand point. Your huge experience of killing and dying isn't a credential but a nudge blocking your eyes to see the game as a whole.

2. Friends, Guildmates, Enemies, and even Rivals vs in 1v1. Its not only because someone called the other "noob". In twinks, even on end-games a lots of players do VS for a) Skill testing b) Gear testing c) Competitive nature d) Friendly match e) Etc..etc.. The possibilities are plenty. If you would step back from your "2 years" experience and see the bigger picture AL pvp its lacking the 1V1. Its something that exist in all MMORPGs that has PvP features.

3. STS wont lose source of income just because a new PVP map has no KDR. Are you still being reasonable? I we stick to the OP's suggestion, he suggested a "NEW PVP MAP" not make all the PvP map non-KDR. KDR are important part of PvP thats why its there.

Summary, it is a biased assumption as I had stated above. The new map can be a new source of income depending of how STS will do it. I gave a suggestion on Dueling back then that uses the same techs we already had, no need for resources your talking about. This is just a suggestion for the improvement of the PvP in the game, although they didn't promise anything its good that they take suggestions into consideration.

Here Remiem comments about the 1v1 suggestion.

This is always near the top of my list of community requests and we are definitely keeping that in mind as we make our plans. :) Special thanks to Kinzmet for outlining a Dueling Feature that even takes into consideration the existing tech that we can use to make it a reality. I was so impressed with that that I sent it out to the whole company. The thing to keep in mind here is that it will be a major undertaking, even using some existing tech features. This isn't just a weekend project. This would be a major content release, and thus, something we'll have to work into the roadmap.

All in all, I can't make any promises, but we do hear you. :) You'll be the first to know if this works its way into the plans for this year.

By the way, stating your years of playing AL is not a credential to justify you reasoning. If your only 2 years in this game, then your still young compare to my year of playing here.

Bluebatthing
04-24-2015, 03:05 PM
What we really need is a 1v1 arena with spectators allowed....

rstilzchen
04-24-2015, 03:30 PM
1. Its called "Biased" because its only based on end game PVP. If you will consider the entire AL PvP, all of those things that you mention is based on End-game experience you had, hince its biased. You think a low level PvP can 1 shoot each other with crit? Please think as a whole, not just from your stand point. Your huge experience of killing and dying isn't a credential but a nudge blocking your eyes to see the game as a whole.

2. Friends, Guildmates, Enemies, and even Rivals vs in 1v1. Its not only because someone called the other "noob". In twinks, even on end-games a lots of players do VS for a) Skill testing b) Gear testing c) Competitive nature d) Friendly match e) Etc..etc.. The possibilities are plenty. If you would step back from your "2 years" experience and see the bigger picture AL pvp its lacking the 1V1. Its something that exist in all MMORPGs that has PvP features.

3. STS wont lose source of income just because a new PVP map has no KDR. Are you still being reasonable? I we stick to the OP's suggestion, he suggested a "NEW PVP MAP" not make all the PvP map non-KDR. KDR are important part of PvP thats why its there.

Summary, it is a biased assumption as I had stated above. The new map can be a new source of income depending of how STS will do it. I gave a suggestion on Dueling back then that uses the same techs we already had, no need for resources your talking about. This is just a suggestion for the improvement of the PvP in the game, although they didn't promise anything its good that they take suggestions into consideration.

Here Remiem comments about the 1v1 suggestion.

By the way, stating your years of playing AL is not a credential to justify you reasoning. If your only 2 years in this game, then your still young compare to my year of playing here.

My bad, dont know how it happens for low lvl twinks cuz never tried it.
As for the second aspect, all testings are not main purposes of the arena. Yes, room of 2 easier to fill and so dont get gang, but I think any pvp test should be carried out in real conditions. Anyway, my words were "if something exist then someone will use it", I understand that arena can be used not only for serious fights.
If any thing is done very well, it will be used and will get demand. Based on how the developers listened to the complaints and suggestions about PvP earlier, I tend to be pessimistic.