PDA

View Full Version : Need to fix as soon as possible.

rstilzchen
04-24-2015, 09:39 AM
I think everyone of the PvP player gets into a situation every day when he calls for help, but get answer "full" or "reserved". Of course, experienced player won’t call if he sure that game actually full. What happen?

It happens when someone of current players on map get disconnection on map or in lobby. Then, I quess, re-join system (you remember it was promised us to re-join elite map after dc about year ago?), what on PvE maps sometimes works for me, sometimes don’t, and for some players it doesn’t work at all, reserves a spot for disconnected player until he connect again or a certain time for it will pass.

In other words, now we get block not only from gifted people who can’t play without advantages, but also from random players, our teammates, and even from our own friends.

Even if your key player disconnected, no one need him after his returning when game is ended already.

Including that fact, that server stability is awful, disconnects of players rarely actually their problem. And surely, it shouldn’t be a problem of those who stayed in game.

How to fix it. Simply disallow re-joining for PvP maps. As soon as player disconnected, his spot should be free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Shinytoy left multiple comments about problems with mages skill Curse. Read his posts/comments for details. I didn’t see any reply from STS, that’s why I raise up this question again. Tell us, it is supposed to be this way (curse was nerfed), or fix it if it is a bug. How do we should know you hear us or no if you don’t reply?

Erebos
04-24-2015, 09:49 AM
first Xd
and yes that is a problem

Ssneakykills
04-24-2015, 10:55 AM
It's pretty frustrating especially if you are likely to get ganged by the opposite team

Serancha
04-24-2015, 11:45 AM
l don't believe it's really a d/c issue. It takes 120 seconds for player to actually ping out and the game to consider them actually gone. I honestly don't see how 2 minutes is such a huge issue. If you can't hold out for 2 minutes without backup, there are bigger issues at hand.

The real issue is people sitting in the lobby intentionally so others can't get in.

rstilzchen
04-24-2015, 11:53 AM
l don't believe it's really a d/c issue. It takes 120 seconds for player to actually ping out and the game to consider them actually gone. I honestly don't see how 2 minutes is such a huge issue. If you can't hold out for 2 minutes without backup, there are bigger issues at hand.

The real issue is people sitting in the lobby intentionally so others can't get in.

I do not want to offend anyone, but I did not see you often in pvp zones. Problem that I mentioned happens when someone disconnected (already disappeared from map/lobby). Game still reserves spot for him for certain time until he log in again, and then he auto-joins to game from where he was disconnected (often it has already been completed, since nobody waits for nobody these days).

Serancha
04-24-2015, 12:03 PM
I do not want to offend anyone, but I did not see you often in pvp zones.

lol I've been playing pvp since season 2. If you think this is a bug that needs fixing, why is it in the General section of the forums, not Technical Issues and Bugs?

Kingofninjas
04-24-2015, 12:10 PM

In the heat of a tdm game, 2 minutes is more than enough to change the outcome of the game. Especially at end game, where everything is solved by 1 hit.

rstilzchen
04-24-2015, 12:14 PM
lol I've been playing pvp since season 2. If you think this is a bug that needs fixing, why is it in the General section of the forums, not Technical Issues and Bugs?

Because as i said in first post, I guess it's a part of re-joining after d/c on every map, including PvE, so maybe it isnt a bug, it was supposed this way and just inadvertence without considering special PvP cases. Thats why I posted it here, to show my arguments why it should be fix, and to get support from other players.

Serancha
04-24-2015, 12:15 PM
You can't rejoin a pve map once you d/c. You land in town, unless you're on chrome and can do a quick refresh and reconnect before the timeout is up. The mechanics of d/c have not changed. They just took off timers for several months so people could manually rejoin maps.

rstilzchen
04-24-2015, 12:17 PM
No. Because you don't rejoin the pve map once you d/c. You land in town.

I rejoin pve map after dc and I see some other players rejoin too. I know that it doesnt work for everyone (read first post) but dont know reasons. Also I rejoin PvP map after dc (I block too unintentionally till i not logged). I watched long enough to draw conclusions.

Serancha
04-24-2015, 12:19 PM
I rejoin pve map after dc and I see some other players rejoin too. I know that it doesnt work for everyone (read first post) but dont know reasons.

The only way to rejoin a pve elite map once you D/C is by doing a chrome refresh to reconnect before the ping finishes. I just don't know how you want them to fix how disconnects behave. That is something that I don't believe is in their control.

rstilzchen
04-24-2015, 12:26 PM
The only way to rejoin a pve elite map once you D/C is by doing a chrome refresh to reconnect before the ping finishes. I just don't know how you want them to fix how disconnects behave. That is something that I don't believe is in their control.

I watched long enough to draw conclusions. I know you are very smart, because I saw proofs of it in some your posts, but now maybe wait for reply from STS?
Game pushes some players to map from where they disconnected without chrome tricks or any other tricks.

Erebos
04-24-2015, 01:50 PM

i agree thats true

Dex Scene
04-24-2015, 04:13 PM
What he meant was, Like in PVE, spots get reserved. PvP is acting same way.
There are lots of time when a ctf has 9 players and one spot is reserved for 10th player who just got dc from a chrome or something!!
Pvp don't need reservation!