PDA

View Full Version : Lifegiver - Do Regrowth & Mana Regen Even Work?

e5c4p3artist
04-24-2015, 09:46 AM
On the topic of Lifegiver, specifically the Regrowth and Mana Regen upgrades. I searched and found several threads stating that Lifegiver is underpowered, that Regrowth isn't worth it, etc. I know what these skills SAY they do, by their description. But my question is, do these two upgrades actually do ANYTHING at all?

I have the option ticked to show my HP and Mana percentages. I have taken all upgrades for Lifegiver. When I cast charged Lifegiver, I can see +HP and +Mana numbers popping out above my head. But the percentages in the HP and Mana bar do not appear to be increasing any more quickly than if I just stand still and let them naturally regen. Do these two upgrades actually do anything? Do they only work for others and not on the mage casting them? If your answer is yes, of course they work, how can you tell they're working?

mmaachilles211
04-24-2015, 11:41 AM
You already answered ur question bud. Those are probably the most worthless upgrades in the game. The amount that they "recover" is laughable and does nothing to assist you. By the time you get to end game you don't even use the skill (or shouldn't use it) unless you pvp.

Madnex
04-24-2015, 02:11 PM
They work but they're not very powerful. 10 H/s and 5 M/s doesn't mean 10 ticks of +10HP and +5MP, it means it is added to your HP and mana regeneration (eg. if it's 5 outside combat, it'll become 15). The thing is, inside combat your regeneration is close to zero so it's more effective and noticeable there (similar to Samael's passive healing).

Are you leveling up or farming?

Arazaanikl
04-24-2015, 02:25 PM
What arcane pet is the best?

e5c4p3artist
04-25-2015, 12:26 AM
They work but they're not very powerful. 10 H/s and 5 M/s doesn't mean 10 ticks of +10HP and +5MP, it means it is added to your HP and mana regeneration (eg. if it's 5 outside combat, it'll become 15). The thing is, inside combat your regeneration is close to zero so it's more effective and noticeable there (similar to Samael's passive healing).

Are you leveling up or farming?

Leveling up. Thanks for the input guys. I didn't see it doing much. It looks like I can recoup those two skill points and put them elsewhere.

TheFallenBear
05-07-2015, 06:45 AM
The LifeGiver Health And Mana Regen Overtime Work.But However They Are Percentage Based So They Scale Up Level By Level.. Which Rather Seems Insignificant..... I Wish There Was A Buff For The LifeGiver Skill Since Warriors And Rogues Already Have OverPowered Heals.

Alhuntrazeck
05-12-2015, 09:36 PM
It's a pretty useless upgrade. Those 2 points are better spent elsewhere IMO. 10 HP/3000+ won't save you.

will0
05-12-2015, 10:10 PM
mage heal is nab .. most of us dont even use it in PVE ...

PVP TDM is useful for soloing

rkp71
05-13-2015, 09:51 PM
The regen upgrades just cause aggro to run to you as soon as somone just healed runs into mobs, in PVE. Endgame heal is not even used at all by most end game mages in PVE as well.