PDA

View Full Version : New to AL

Glorbuk
04-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Hey, I just started playing AL, I am just a level 12 mage, named Glorbuk. I come from a far, distant land called Star Legends. Haha, all humor aside, I'm having trouble understanding this game, it's different from SL by a lot. So I'll try to ask some relevant questions and I hope you can help me out! :)
1: I am only level 12, and I cannot go to Ydra Forest yet. I am told I should be able to go there, but I can't. I have completed all of the Breckenridge maps. How can I access it?

2: I dropped Warrior's 2015 Leprechaun garb, wondering if that's worth anything.

3: How do eggs work? Do you just drop them and hatch pets? Or is there some other purpose for them?

4: Where is Baldur the Blacksmith? He's a sneaky little fella, can't find him.

If you can answer these it would be greatly appreciated. Add me in game also so if I have any questions I can message you. I don't really understand the drop system in this and I don't know which items are worth keeping. I'm not new to the Legends series, I have 3 capped characters in SL, I just need some guidance to get me started. Also, I've been looking for a guild. :)

Dragoonclaws
04-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Lol, I am an old SL player aswell. Welcome in Arcane Legends!

1. To access Ydra's Forest, you must leave using the exit after killing the boss in Gold mine. This being said, do NOT use the map to teleport out, go throught the exit. There is no exits in SL, but here we got exits.

2. It's a vanity, you can keep it :) There will no more of those vanities anymore. I think it's worth keeping.

3.You loot some eggs from mobs and bosses. the looted egg will appear in your invnetory in the "chest" section. You can choose to open them (hatch them), or keep them to sell or give or transfer via stash to another character. If you open the egg, you'll unlock the pet associated to that egg in Stable. Opening a deary egg will get the pet "deary" unlocked in the stable. You can use it, level it up.

4.You're really far from Baldur. You must complete the Ydra's campain, and reach the city of Kraag. The blacksmith is over there. You'll find him in the north-east part of the town.

I am having some log in issues atm, I invite you to add me in game. The drop system is same as SL, but instead of automatically receiving items, you must grab them. The rarity goes like this: Common, rare, epic, legendary, mythic, arcane. There are legendaries for each level. I can summarize it in 2 lines: Legendaries obtained from Golden Chests and Locked Crates are crap. The other legendaries are usually decent for leveling up. Keep in mind that you shouldn't spend a lot of money on your gear since you're leveling. Give yourself a 20k budget for each 5 level up. Do daily quests, save money, don't spend on vanities and banners. Trust me, you'll get vanities and banners later on. Get yourself a leprechaun pendant as soon as possible for farming and boss killing. The leprechaun pendant grants 15% reroll like big luck.. It's a 170k value, but it's worth it.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask!

Fyrce
04-24-2015, 06:03 PM
I could have sworn you still had to unlock dungeons in SL. You have to walk to a dungeon in AL, which unlocks it and allows you to teleport in next time.

Eggs are pet chests. Here is pet guide: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77834-Guide-Pet-system
You'll want to concentrate on INT stat as mage. Check out the pets that are good for you -- any of the +INT cheap ones will work for awhile.

Do not feed you pets. Save your gold for pots, although just like SL, pots will drop if you have under 25 of them. Make sure to check your allies (Shazbot and Klaas) whenever they are available -- their free elixirs, eggs, and ankhs will be really useful for you.

Do the Wandering Minstrel quest daily so you can turn in tokens for eggs, inventory slots, stash slots, auction slots and character slots.

Any pink equips are good to start and for normal areas. Lots of them are cheap. Try to gear up but do not spend that much. I'd say no more than about 3-5k per piece and only every 3-5 levels. You will notice if you slow down in damaging mobs. What that happens, look for new gear in auction and open some chests. For low levels, there are even some nice purple necklaces.

Glummie
04-25-2015, 01:59 AM
gl and welcome :) good way for some quick easy gold is whenever u get luck reroll elix from an ally (klaus and shazbot) run brakenridge brakenrige and kill the first boss over and over until elix runs out should get some locked grand crates of the watch for quick gold. :)(sell for around 3-4k atm

jn2002dk
04-25-2015, 04:27 PM
Hello from a new player as well

Goldeneye83
04-26-2015, 02:13 AM
Dragoonclaws did an excellent job of answering your questions!

Eldorado
05-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Hello, I am new as well.

Bloodmake
05-06-2015, 01:06 AM
Yo, I'm a new player of AL and an old player of SL as well :welcoming: hit me in game, the name's Bloodmxke

LadySaphoria
05-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Welcome to Arcane Legends 😊

LadySaphoria
05-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Need help with anything Pm Saphoria that's me. n.n

Noxarrow
05-30-2015, 07:01 PM
welcome in am also new we can play together maybe

Erebos
06-02-2015, 05:29 AM
welcome to Arcane legends if u need any guide line pm me anytime from any place

Tabeer Amin
06-02-2015, 06:00 AM
Welcome :)
Just make gold as much as u can..
Farm/merch/open locks
First make gold(level up side by side if u want)...use best gear and den do hard aps and pvp.
Just an advise ;)

sign-
post ur offer and ign
my ign: bacardilove

Wild Crisis of Faith
06-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Wwlcome to arlor hopebu enjoying :)

Shaytarria
06-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Welcome, enjoy your stay in Arlor

MarandaC
07-09-2015, 09:37 PM