PDA

View Full Version : Platinum subscription

Mouly
04-24-2015, 05:46 PM
Here's an idea:

pay less, wait longer but get a decent amount of platinum. Everyone will benefit from it; STS will get a steady flow of income and more people will have access to wealth.

Example:
1 month subscription (30 plat per day, log in required to claim): 10 usd

That makes you 900 plat in 30 days for only 10 usd! Then you might have different time periods (like 2 and 3 months) and different amount of plat per day. Prices will be adjusted of course.

carmine_blade
04-24-2015, 06:21 PM
I think this is a great idea.

epicrrr
04-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Bad idea, plat/money subscription cater to only selected game environment and AL will loose 90% of its player with this. I mean im sure i wont pay any for game time regardless if its "cheap" so as 10+ of my friends.

Mouly
04-25-2015, 04:56 AM
Bad idea, plat/money subscription cater to only selected game environment and AL will loose 90% of its player with this. I mean im sure i wont pay any for game time regardless if its "cheap" so as 10+ of my friends.

I think you misunderstood. You wouldn't pay money for game time, you'd pay for platinum. This is merely a solution to offer a cheaper alternative than the current one and thereby attract more consumers. It's also a viable solution because it wouldn't diminish the need for the current method, only complement it. The game would still be F2P.

Did you even read the post? Sigh...

Magegrimm
04-25-2015, 04:33 PM
I think you misunderstood. You wouldn't pay money for game time, you'd pay for platinum. This is merely a solution to offer a cheaper alternative than the current one and thereby attract more consumers. It's also a viable solution because it wouldn't diminish the need for the current method, only complement it. The game would still be F2P.

Did you even read the post? Sigh...
I don't think that you can convince sts to do this, they end up losing a lot of money...

Mouly
04-25-2015, 04:54 PM
I don't think that you can convince sts to do this, they end up losing a lot of money...
I'm not going to convince them to do anything, this is merely a suggestion. Many of the F2P MMO games out there today (Darkness Reborn among others) has this feature, they have imitated each other and adopted a successful market trend which is what companies do to survive, that's basic economics.

Serancha
04-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Considering that to get 900 platinum, you now have to pay approximately $70, I can't see STS going for this. People buy plat already, and the prices just got hiked in many countries. I can't see how they would see it beneficial to give such a steep discount for time-release. They want people to binge use their plat - not open 2 crates a day.

Schnitzel
04-25-2015, 08:10 PM
um...can someone explain?
I don't understand..

Visiting
04-25-2015, 08:37 PM
um...can someone explain?
I don't understand..

You pay say $100 USD, and everyday, once a day, you'll recieve a certain amount of platinum for a certain time period, say 40 plat a day for 3 months

Mouly
04-26-2015, 05:51 AM
Considering that to get 900 platinum, you now have to pay approximately $70, I can't see STS going for this. People buy plat already, and the prices just got hiked in many countries. I can't see how they would see it beneficial to give such a steep discount for time-release. They want people to binge use their plat - not open 2 crates a day.

Dear Serancha, I can't refer to any numbers and neither can you. It's up to STS to run all the data and see if it will work or not. I am only stating that if this is where the F2P MMO business is heading today, then how on earth can it be anything but successful?

Dalmony
04-26-2015, 07:46 PM
I think it's a nice idea! A subscription like this essentially offers players two choices:

1. Spend $10 now; get 16 plat per day that you log in. If you log in everyday, in 31 days you will have 500 plat.

2: Spend $90 now: and you will instantly have 1700 plats. You can instantly open 113 locked and have your potential millions earned before bedtime tonight.

In this case those who can afford to buy packs for $90 at a time are realistically still gonna go for that one.... Humans are impatient- we want our plats we paid for NOW, not in a month, because we are in the mood to open locked TODAY (or because its double odds weekend). It's surprising how powerful the desire for instant gratification and instant riches can drive people to spend money and that would not change if this was introduced...

From a business point of view, this is more of a "gateway" purchase... it isn't for the big plat spenders. It's for people who currently don't want to spend money, who would be attracted by this "cheap" option... and once the resistance has gone it is a lot more likely that those people will go on to buy even more plat.

Mouly
04-26-2015, 08:21 PM
I think it's a nice idea! A subscription like this essentially offers players two choices:

1. Spend $10 now; get 16 plat per day that you log in. If you log in everyday, in 31 days you will have 500 plat.

2: Spend $90 now: and you will instantly have 1700 plats. You can instantly open 113 locked and have your potential millions earned before bedtime tonight.

In this case those who can afford to buy packs for $90 at a time are realistically still gonna go for that one.... Humans are impatient- we want our plats we paid for NOW, not in a month, because we are in the mood to open locked TODAY (or because its double odds weekend). It's surprising how powerful the desire for instant gratification and instant riches can drive people to spend money and that would not change if this was introduced...

From a business point of view, this is more of a "gateway" purchase... it isn't for the big plat spenders. It's for people who currently don't want to spend money, who would be attracted by this "cheap" option... and once the resistance has gone it is a lot more likely that those people will go on to buy even more plat.

Holy jesus Dal, thank you so much! This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

Serancha
04-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Dear Serancha, I can't refer to any numbers and neither can you. It's up to STS to run all the data and see if it will work or not. I am only stating that if this is where the F2P MMO business is heading today, then how on earth can it be anything but successful?

I was merely referring to current actual platinum prices, comparing them to the theoretical amounts which were provided in the initial post (both of which are within the scope of the topic), and drawing a logical conclusion.

It is obvious by the current marketing model that STS focuses on binge spending, with not only the locked crates, but now platinum pet crates only available for short times (with a different crate each weekend). If people were on time-release platinum plans, these plat-focused weekends wouldn't make nearly as much money.

While this subscription type plan is in all likelihood beneficial for other F2P enterprises, implementing it would require changing the entire marketing / sales strategy currently in place.

While I agree that getting away from the "binge-spend to win" model would be best for everyone, I was just pointing out that it doesn't appear to be in the current direction the company is taking the game.

Mouly
04-27-2015, 03:57 AM
I was merely referring to current actual platinum prices, comparing them to the theoretical amounts which were provided in the initial post (both of which are within the scope of the topic), and drawing a logical conclusion.

It is obvious by the current marketing model that STS focuses on binge spending, with not only the locked crates, but now platinum pet crates only available for short times (with a different crate each weekend). If people were on time-release platinum plans, these plat-focused weekends wouldn't make nearly as much money.

While this subscription type plan is in all likelihood beneficial for other F2P enterprises, implementing it would require changing the entire marketing / sales strategy currently in place.

While I agree that getting away from the "binge-spend to win" model would be best for everyone, I was just pointing out that it doesn't appear to be in the current direction the company is taking the game.

You make a good point Sera, I understand now. I guess if we really want a model like this we're going to have to voice our opinion. Not sure how well that is going... lol

Jexetta
04-27-2015, 11:11 AM
It's been suggested before, every year, for like 5 years. They like their current model which encourages gambling addiction.

While it's illegal in Las Vegas to gamble under the age of 21, it's totally legal to get kids into gambling at the age of 12+ in video games. It's best to start molding that young mind into the joys of gambling early!

Candylicks
04-27-2015, 03:04 PM
I think that they should implement more things that we can outright purchase with plat. The complaint and struggle the plat users have is you really can only take a gamble off locked, and it hurts bad to blow a couple plat packs and come up empty handed. It's a turn-off and frustrating. If they beefed up the plat store with more things we can just buy for our toons and use, you could actually get something for your money guaranteed.

Other games, you can spend a single dollar and get something freaking cool!!!!!