View Full Version : My Idea for Obtaining the New Mythic Set

Zylx
04-24-2015, 11:11 PM
Mythic Glintstone Armor

Next, the rarer and more powerful Glintstone Sets. You'll need to collect the following mythic crafting ingredients:

Which will be crafted into.....

As you can see, earlier today Remiem announced that new armor sets (including the new Mythic Glintstone Armor set) will be released with the Rage of Ren'Gol expansion later this year. Many people are wishing for this set to be obtainable by hard work, rather than the usual "chance drop" that has been the previous traditional path for obtaining everything else. So let's break this tradition of "luck" with this sweet chain of quests for this wicked armor set.

First off, let's collect the ingredients! As Madnex posted in the official thread, everyone should be able to attain the ingredients in the same amount of runs as everyone else. Meaning that it isn't fair for someone to run 5 times and loot it and for someone else to run 5,000 times and still not loot it. So grab your hoes and pitchforks and lets start farming!

For the first ingredient, the Vial of Orcsbane, the player must kill 2,500 orcs to harvest their blood and also kill 100 of the new elite bosses to gather their essences and combine them to create this ingredient.

For the second ingredient, the Cryogem Fragment, the player must kill a certain elite boss 250 times to gather up Cryogem Pieces and then go find a hidden random npc to assemble them together to form the fragment. (NPC is picked at random from 50 others, so players have to actually look for the NPC each time they craft, so they won't be going back to the same npc to craft it.)

For the final ingredient, the Ren'Gol Ancestual Rune, the player must kill the elite final boss (Ren'Gol?) 200 times and also 50 times while enraged, and then go see a RuneMaster in town to fuse the rune shards together to create the final rune.

Note: These quests can only be done one at a time, and are still able to *cancel* (but if you cancel, you lose all progress in the quest) to accept a new quest for a different ingredient. All ingredients are obviously tradeable.

After all ingredients are obtained, the player must undertake an arduous task in a long, difficult cave (normally closed off by a guard until all three ingredients are in possession), where the final loot dropped from the boss for the cave will be the recipe, which is not tradeable.

After all of this, the player will be able to craft the new mythics from the new legendary set + the ingredients.

Zylx
04-24-2015, 11:17 PM
I encourage feedback on this! Alterations, etc are welcome.

carmine_blade
04-24-2015, 11:20 PM
I support any method of crafting that requires items that are guaranteed drops like boss essences.

Your ideas are cool and I'd like to see something like this implemented :)

azagreoralu
04-24-2015, 11:23 PM
I think that this would be a good way to get away from "luck". A hard but doable way of getting very good gear is exactly what we need and would make the economy for the average player better. Not to mention it would help stop plat abuse. With locks no longer being the way to get the best armor (it will probably be the best armor) more players will be interested in playing arcane legends.

A way for sts to still make money from this: sts could sell a item that makes mobs hit for 10% damage and makes the holder hit for 10% more damage. Or a elixir that makes things count 2x for the quest. This would take any concerns about money loss from not using locks anymore out of the picture. Well still letting the ingredients farmable

Candylicks
04-24-2015, 11:26 PM
Sts still no doubt have some stupid 'luck' involved that has zero to do with hard work. Whether it's in locked or some fossil rarity drop... Guaranteed it will be in there. I would rather have 1. Be able to buy outright or 2. Given after x amounts of runs for the components.

Zylx
04-24-2015, 11:27 PM
I think that this would be a good way to get away from "luck". A hard but doable way of getting very good gear is exactly what we need and would make the economy for the average player better. Not to mention it would help stop plat abuse. With locks no longer being the way to get the best armor (it will probably be the best armor) more players will be interested in playing arcane legends.

A way for sts to still make money from this: sts could sell a item that makes mobs hit for 10% damage and makes the holder hit for 10% more damage. Or a elixir that makes things count 2x for the quest. This would take any concerns about money loss from not using locks anymore out of the picture. Well still letting the ingredients farmable

Yeah! Add something like a Bane Item similarly to the prev events!

carmine_blade
04-24-2015, 11:30 PM
Sts still no doubt have some stupid 'luck' involved that has zero to do with hard work. Whether it's in locked or some fossil rarity drop... Guaranteed it will be in there. I would rather have 1. Be able to buy outright or 2. Given after x amounts of runs for the components.

I've often wondered why we can't just buy items directly with plat, like the mythic pets in the stable. I guess this benefits the platfarmers more than the average player though.

Personally I'd pay 250 plat for each component of the set.

Candylicks
04-24-2015, 11:34 PM
I've often wondered why we can't just buy items directly with plat, like the mythic pets in the stable. I guess this benefits the platfarmers more than the average player though.

Personally I'd pay 250 plat for each component of the set.
Trust me I would be thrilled if I could just buy stuff outright. The luck stuff is so annoying!!!!!!! They just make more off it so ofc it never happens. But it's a turn off to those of us with a deep wallet and bad luck. I would much rather fork over the cash and know I get something in return than play roulette.

azagreoralu
04-24-2015, 11:41 PM
Trust me I would be thrilled if I could just buy stuff outright. The luck stuff is so annoying!!!!!!! They just make more off it so ofc it never happens. But it's a turn off to those of us with a deep wallet and bad luck. I would much rather fork over the cash and know I get something in return than play roulette.

Only if we could. But ideas like this farming quests for mythics are even better! With a bit of hard work you can earn you're gear instead of having to buy it from some guy who is lucky and frankly is probably doing you know what to get plat.

carmine_blade
04-24-2015, 11:51 PM

Yeah. I don't mind spending my money on something but I dislike gambling it away!

raxaxic
04-25-2015, 01:15 AM
Agree with candylicks I would pay 250 or more for mythic armor.

Glummie
04-25-2015, 01:44 AM
Agree :encouragement: hate stupid luck im unlucky :(

Aerodude
04-25-2015, 01:56 AM
You do realize 200+ runs in elite is way too much for each essence? So you will run nearly 1k times just for 1 set of mythic? Way too much PLUS we won't even know how hard those elites will be right? Think again

Froxanthar
04-25-2015, 02:47 AM
I might have to quit my job to get this mythic set done.

Ladysophie
04-25-2015, 03:31 AM
I think the Ren'gol ancenstral rune is from crates. While the legendary set will be completely farmable the mythic set will require crate components .

bedmaster
04-25-2015, 04:33 AM
Great ideaa sts has a broken random number generator so fixed numbers will be a gud news to farmers.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah282/chandra7plav/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/chandra7plav/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg.html)

Candylicks
04-25-2015, 05:34 AM
Only if we could. But ideas like this farming quests for mythics are even better! With a bit of hard work you can earn you're gear instead of having to buy it from some guy who is lucky and frankly is probably doing you know what to get plat.

Again this is where the fail and frustration lies. Take for example the planar tombs. They 100% screw you with the luck based component. Is that fact that the person who has run arena over 700 times never dropped recipe but person who hardly runs drops one after five? They don't reward the people who farm they reward stupid blind luck.

Wazakesy
04-25-2015, 06:22 AM
Again this is where the fail and frustration lies. Take for example the planar tombs. They 100% screw you with the luck based component. Is that fact that the person who has run arena over 700 times never dropped recipe but person who hardly runs drops one after five? They don't reward the people who farm they reward stupid blind luck.

Same w/ Kalizza,, he ran arena 900+ times, and someone has opened 10,000++ arena chests by now - no fossil no recipe, GG!

Candylicks
04-25-2015, 06:32 AM
Same w/ Kalizza,, he ran arena 900+ times, and someone has opened 10,000++ arena chests by now - no fossil no recipe, GG!

That's right and he has since quit the game. It really drives people to frustration when they dangle the carrot too far from reach. I really dislike that single annoying luck based crafting component. They should either remove it or also make it outright purchasable with plat. I never dropped fossil, recipe either.

Zylx
04-25-2015, 11:26 AM
You do realize 200+ runs in elite is way too much for each essence? So you will run nearly 1k times just for 1 set of mythic? Way too much PLUS we won't even know how hard those elites will be right? Think again

Well, they are mythics, so they shouldn't be easy to obtain! Would you rather run 1,000 times for guaranteed mythics or 5,000 with only junk epics?

azagreoralu
04-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Well, they are mythics, so they shouldn't be easy to obtain! Would you rather run 1,000 times for guaranteed mythics or 5,000 with only junk epics?

Exactly! Hard work should pay off. Not just luck

Dex Scene
04-25-2015, 01:02 PM
I support any method of crafting that requires items that are guaranteed drops like boss essences.

Your ideas are cool and I'd like to see something like this implemented :)
I support this!!!
Random loot/number generator luck systems and I don't go very well together!!
Farmers should get paid for the hard works they do!
Lucky people who gets them in 10-20 runs annoys me!!

Titanfall
04-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Uhm do the math, one run will take around 10 mins for the average player maybe longer. Times that by a thousand its 10000 minutes which is 150 hours of someones life wasted. No one has that much time on their hands
-.-

ClumsyCactus
04-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Thats 600 boss kills. not including the ord slaying, npc farming, and the extra time for the enraged Bosses, or eventually fails, we can assume that each elite Map take around half an hour perhaps, atleast for someone Who is not maxed oth arcane Items and alot of wealth.

A half hour is 30 minutes, so 30 X 600 Which results in 18000 minutes.
Divide that by 60 and we get hours: 300 hours
Divide that by 24, and we get days: 12,5
If you did not sleep, found the npc and slayed the orcs in the spare time you got from being a bit faster than half an hour in elite runs, and the enraged final boss was as Easy to kill as the normal, that adds up to almost 2 WEEKS of playing without sleep.

Say what you want, but the mythics would certainly be exclusive for once...

Edit: OH AND ALSO i support the general IDEA just so you know!

ClumsyCactus
04-25-2015, 02:16 PM
Uhm do the math, one run will take around 10 mins for the average player maybe longer. Times that by a thousand its 10000 minutes which is 150 hours of someones life wasted. No one has that much time on their hands
-.-

I did the math, with saying half an hour per run, since I think 10 minutes in a cap elite, without having that seasons capped gear, OR the best previous season gear, is kind of hard lel
(i took it from a not-maxed-out persons perspective)

Kyle Holmes
04-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Y'all don't know how many of each ingredient its ganna take yet, y'all thinking its ganna one of each

sent from fritters beak

mmaachilles211
04-25-2015, 03:30 PM
I love this idea.

Ive spent so much time farming t3/arena and the rewards are so few and far between. In probably the 300 t3 runs I've done I've maybe looted 5 chests and I won't even go into the arena.

This idea kind of reminds me of an idea ener had about the craftable (not Nekro bs craftable, but actually craftable) arcane pet that had to be crafted by people actually playing the game. Even in his posts there were ways that plat spenders could get ahead or people with money could purchase the finished product but it also enabled many people to really be able to make a living.

None of this should be able to be bought for 250 plat. If this is gonna be what we've all been begging for and waiting for its ridiculous that yall would even suggest to do that. Play the game, enjoy the challenge and know that when you're done you will have accomplished something special.

Zylx
04-25-2015, 04:49 PM
-.-

Well I don't really care for elites enough to really know what would be an acceptable number, but I was really just focusing on the general idea of actually farming boss kills rather than farming luck.

Titanfall
04-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Well I don't really care for elites enough to really know what would be an acceptable number, but I was really just focusing on the general idea of actually farming boss kills rather than farming luck.
The general idea I 200% agree!

Aerodude
04-25-2015, 07:16 PM
But farming boss kills will take seconds if using max gears think about the non-maxed players will take minutes just for the BOSS think about the mobs too you can't just run to boss cause it won't spawn so it will take way way way longer than you think

Twinisland
04-26-2015, 10:01 AM
Can I get a link to the thread that said there is going to be a new mythic armor set?

Kakashis
04-26-2015, 10:55 AM
I fully support rewarding players who grind it out for the sets and allowing for the ingredients to be sold in auction. This will allow farmers to farm, and for rich people to get to their mythic set faster. It's a win win situation for all players.

STS will still make their money because as we know it, one hits are a new reality and people will be buying plats for anks and lix. Remember when t2 boss felt like a god and took 10 straight minutes to kill?

I sincerely hope that the get rich quick luck based system remains in locked crates and actual game content needs to reward farmers for their hard work. Arena based luck recipie and the fossil from master chests was the worst system by far in AL and the Planar tombs loot/breeze barely paid off the time and cost to run. If great players like Kalizzaa quit out of frustration of the farming system, I don't see why STS can't adjust this game back to its original course without the luck factor.

Zylx
04-26-2015, 03:58 PM
But farming boss kills will take seconds if using max gears think about the non-maxed players will take minutes just for the BOSS think about the mobs too you can't just run to boss cause it won't spawn so it will take way way way longer than you think

It doesn't matter if you are max-geared or not, in PvE, skill>gear. I've seen people with crate legendaries fly through elites, and people with mythics/arcanes totally fail on a run. If you let your gear affect your decision on whether to farm or not, you're playing the wrong game. Hard work pays off :)

srinoy
04-27-2015, 04:49 PM
i think 1k runs is way too much except if you want to pass a year on it. I would purpose 20 runs of each boss (five maps it gives 100 runs for each ingredient) for a single igredient. It's way less but like this people won't pass a whole year to get the mythic and then new expansion exit 5-6 months after. It's totally useless and a waste of time.

Arrowz
04-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Everyone needs to stop focusing on the specific numbers like seriously. The OP probably didn't spend more than 10 minutes coming up with those numbers. The real point of his post was for the IDEA. His point was that there should be guaranteed drops and guaranteed number of runs rather than luck based bs. Stop focusing on the numbers and discuss the idea.

Zylx
04-27-2015, 09:04 PM
Everyone needs to stop focusing on the specific numbers like seriously. The OP probably didn't spend more than 10 minutes coming up with those numbers. The real point of his post was for the IDEA. His point was that there should be guaranteed drops and guaranteed number of runs rather than luck based bs. Stop focusing on the numbers and discuss the idea.
This is 100% my purpose with this thread. I wasnt focusing on the numbers, I was focusing on the idea.

Even still, running 250 times for a guaranteed drop is better than running 500 times for nothing.

Magegrimm
04-28-2015, 01:31 AM
Good idea Zylx, im also tired of this luck system, and tbh heres two words sts.. IT SUCKS. Take it out while people are still playing this game, when people come and farm things they expect to get something in return of their hard work not some random luck system :/

debitmandiri
04-28-2015, 01:40 AM
I vote they are drop from locks, not fair ? Well thats the game (im non plat players btw)

Arrowz
04-28-2015, 06:45 AM
I vote they are drop from locks, not fair ? Well thats the game (im non plat players btw)

So you want something to be in the game that your well aware of isn't fair? Loool. You probably are a plat player(maybe farmer idk) but you added that last little bit to make your statement seem valid when in reality your statement is absurd

Magecleff
04-28-2015, 08:37 AM
I like all the idea +1
i hope Ren'gol Rune really drops on elite bosses Rather Looted from locks..:)

Jhawkeye
04-28-2015, 11:11 AM
I'm a plat player and I even think this idea is great. Mainly because even with the amount of money I've spent I've still only gotten 1 good drop from crates leading me to be discouraged in spending plat. I've spent 0 money on plat this month due to this and I'd say something like this would be great as well as making it possible to drop from crates, playing both sides.

Bellaelda
04-28-2015, 02:33 PM
Yup... Totally support idea...

Wouldn't mind if the bosses or mobs randomly dropped some really good stuff with luck (so we can make some money) but want the required stuff to be able to be farmed with hard work!

Yumisa
04-29-2015, 01:54 PM
This is a great idea, Im sure STS can make this reasonable, a long hard grind.

However Im not sure about the ingredients being tradeable, yes its good for farming, but at the same time, the gear will be less special since you can just buy it quickly without doing any grinding at all.

I think this new mythic armor would be alot more special if the ingredients were untradeable. That way, when someone has it, you know they did not buy it, you know they worked for it. This is just an opinion :) your thoughts on this are welcome :) Im sure STS will put other stuff we can grind for money.

About the plat system. STS can create a new pet or a new weapon or a new gem or whatever that will be implemented in locked chests. This would make plat more valuable. this needs more thought....

Kriticality
04-29-2015, 02:06 PM
This is a great idea, Im sure STS can make this reasonable, a long hard grind.

However Im not sure about the ingredients being tradeable, yes its good for farming, but at the same time, the gear will be less special since you can just buy it quickly without doing any grinding at all.

I think this new mythic armor would be alot more special if the ingredients were untradeable. That way, when someone has it, you know they did not buy it, you know they worked for it. This is just an opinion :) your thoughts on this are welcome :) Im sure STS will put other stuff we can grind for money.

About the plat system. STS can create a new pet or a new weapon or a new gem or whatever that will be implemented in locked chests. This would make plat more valuable. this needs more thought....

They already confirmed that some ingredients will be tradable and some won't. Everyone that has a set will have done work.