PDA

View Full Version : 55 rdy set go!

Protank
03-30-2011, 01:41 PM
after weeks and weeks of putting it off I've decided to lvl one of my 50s to 55. I really miss the high end pvp & seeing sts post about Christina's pvp tourney thread on facebook did 'me in.
sooo I have a few questions & I'm hoping u guys can help me with this.

Q#1
Bear, Bird or Mage. who has best chances in pvp now? I know how it was at 50 but has things changed much for 55s?

Q#2
w/ no xp pots, where's the best place to lvl?
I heard catacombs 3rd bs map. I also heard crush keep til 53.

any info on any of this would help alot.

thx sts community!

Echelong
03-30-2011, 01:48 PM
50-52 CTK at 53 I like BS also get the BS greens and oranges to level they are better than 50 pinks. Hideout is the easiest map and gives out the most exp about the same you get on catacombs but with less chance of getting killed and losing your exp pot.

MITSUISUN
03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
^ what he said )
I personally will do hideout starting at 50. More fun

Echelong
03-30-2011, 02:06 PM
^ what he said )
I personally will do hideout starting at 50. More fun

Yep but he asked for faster. hehe But I agree BS is a lot more fun than CTK

neko
03-30-2011, 02:15 PM
50-52 CTK at 53 I like BS also get the BS greens and oranges to level they are better than 50 pinks. Hideout is the easiest map and gives out the most exp about the same you get on catacombs but with less chance of getting killed and losing your exp pot.

That's pretty much the route I took: 50-52 in CTK; from 53 onwards, BS Hideout is probably the easiest map to run (combination of least firetraps and easier mobs) save and except for the boss.

Depending on the group you're with, an experience bunch can clear him very quickly but can be torturous if otherwise. If XP is the only thing on your mind and you don't care for the chance of some decent pink drops, I've seen XP farming groups that'll simply remake the game just prior the boss. I think the BEST scenario is if you're with a really good group of players, play through each map fully and rotate them. I found it tends to break up the monotony. The road to 55/56 is only a grind if it's a chore; with a great group of players, it's rather enjoyable!

krazii
03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
I think you get more exp in catacombs from 50-52 then CTK After 52 I think all the mobs give the same exp. I would run all the maps first to unlock. Then run catacombs till 52, then hideout till 55, shouldn't take you long if you find good groups.

Kraz

Echelong
03-30-2011, 03:56 PM
That is a maybe but I think not CTK has almost the double amount of mobs than catacombs and catacombs can be cruel if people don't know what they are doing. Its not worth the risk unless you are with a good group, pugs get owned on the first hallway, heck even good groups can get owned there.

Moogerfooger
03-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Although running CTK is much much easier, don't forget that you do get more experience running the Sewers up until at least 53, the enemies have a yellow dot and you do get a little more exp....if you can find a good group and not get wiped in the Sewers.

I noticed on leveling my 52 mage, that when running Hideout with a 2.5x elixir, I was getting about 330xp per run but when I was going for 56 on others (being at 55) I would only get about 270xp on a Hideout run using the same elixir. I am not sure where you switch to getting a little less XP, somewhere between 52 and 55, but if you can find a good group it may be worth a try.

Like Ech said, be very careful with Catacombs unless you have a good group, it is the toughest of the Sewers levels with a couple of intersections than can be big trouble if people aren't paying attention, and poof there will go your XP elixir if you die.

I also ran a cycle of Hideout/Stronghold/Catacombs if I had a good group, all give decent XP. Don't bother with Roach Motel or Swill Pitz, if you are just going for XP and not worried to much about farming for certain items.

Inching
03-31-2011, 03:43 AM
a way to guage if the group u r in is any good and if u need to change groups or not is this.

If u start the Hideout .. pot at the beginning (not where u spawn but a bit further in at first enemy)... if your pot runs out right when u get to boss then your group is decent.

In an expert group, the pot u should still have fighting goldfever and in my experience i have kill GF and still have the pot.... but basically in this case the group you are in will be maxed out and basically just farming so i suppose it doesnt really count... BUT if u have 4 lvl 55+ exper guys i believe u can still achieve this given ur lvl 51 up.

Protank
03-31-2011, 10:35 AM
thx guys I unlocked em all and been jumping around bs maps.