PDA

View Full Version : 3D Modeling Final

RedRyder
03-30-2011, 06:23 PM
The end of the semester is drawing near, so it's time for finals -_-. the only finals I'm looking forward to are the ones dealing with my majors (illustration and 2D/3D animation.) I was fortunate enough to grab the "choose your own topic" slot (there were 6 slots, each with a set subject and to be filled by only two students each) and the topic of my choice was to design a video game weapon. Of course since I'm posting it in the forums my choice was for pocket legends.

The point of this thread, is to decide on a one weapon in the pocket legends universe to do for my final. So which of the weapons should I do? Cast your votes and I'll tally them up here :).

Potawto
03-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Banjo FTW.

Lesrider
03-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Mega Blaster!
(I may change my mind if someone reminds me of something cooler)

Kossi
03-30-2011, 06:29 PM
white mirage staff (used by dr. noxious)

Kingofhurtz
03-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Definitely Copperheads Voodoo Master Staff!

KingFu
03-30-2011, 06:32 PM
No...no...and....no!!!!!

Apep!!! Or lance!!!!!!

Zeus
03-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Kopesh of Thoth, Laser Talon of Void, Laser Wand of Cosmos, Scarab Bow of Horus, Mega Blaster, and Sewer King Gemstone Staff.

KingFu
03-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Kopesh of Thoth, Laser Talon of Void, Laser Wand of Cosmos, Scarab Bow of Horus, Mega Blaster, and Sewer King Gemstone Staff.

Sewer king gemstone staff? Sounds rare;P

Parasyte
03-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Broken Sword!

Lesrider
03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Broken Sword!

Love that series! :p

Arterra
03-30-2011, 07:47 PM
the scimitar of rift is a good classic sword to design... either that, or enhance the shock lance with some imagination :D

RedRyder
03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Enhanced shock lance... Hmmm... . I made a Megablaster messing around a while ago, got deleted when the program crashed though :(. The scimitar is a good pic too... And the Kopesh. Arg o can't choose ! I think I'll just do the broken sword haha.

Any more thoughts? And parth, decide on one :p

Rebel
03-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Why not spice up one of your weapons that you drew for the weapon contest back in the day. I think it was a staff wasn't it?

Lesrider
03-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Does it have to be an actual PL weapon? Or can you create your own that you'd like to see in PL? (If I were the professor, I'd be more impressed by the latter!)

Also, does it have to be a weapon? Cuz I'd love to see a 3d gurg eye ;)

jjjjaaaakkkke
03-30-2011, 08:05 PM
super soaker

Ersana
03-30-2011, 08:12 PM
May I suggest one of the iceberg weapons you could go into detail with the ice and all

RedRyder
03-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Why not spice up one of your weapons that you drew for the weapon contest back in the day. I think it was a staff wasn't it?

Lol yea a staff, but I dont wanna be reminded of a failure :(

Does it have to be an actual PL weapon? Or can you create your own that you'd like to see in PL? (If I were the professor, I'd be more impressed by the latter!)

Also, does it have to be a weapon? Cuz I'd love to see a 3d gurg eye ;)

I'd make my ownnnn if we were told of a weapon design contest coming up :(
Well I do have a 3 year Lisence on the program, so if a desing contest comes (I'm praying for one) I'll put it to good use ;)

And how about this, I'll do a weapon AND a shield. Just for you!

On a side note, I'm TRASH with textures. I'm only doing models, which is ok because my professor tells me that 3D artists specialize on modeling textures etc. Etc. So if I ever make it someone else would just be in charge of textures :p

Keep the ideas coming :)

KingFu
03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Two words....

SUPER LANCE!

Lesrider
03-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Btw, isn't PL sorta 3d already?

RedRyder
03-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Btw, isn't PL sorta 3d already?

Lol yea, but recreating the model or enhancing is pretty much the basis of the final. It has to be some 3 dimensional, unless the second "make your own choice" slot, which by coincidence actually, someone took the last slot and chose to recreate a 2D anime character. Though I don't know how successful he's going to be lol.

Lesrider
03-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Lol yea, but recreating the model or enhancing is pretty much the basis of the final

Ah ok. Make me an extra bloody gurg eye then ;)

RedRyder
03-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Ah ok. Make me an extra bloody gurg eye then ;)

I've edited my post since check it out again :p

Lesrider
03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
I've edited my post since check it out again :p

Which part? About the textures? I'm not sure what I'm looking for lol.

Aza
03-30-2011, 09:22 PM
scarab blade!

smokester
03-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Sniper's Battle Crossbow... epic weapon back in the oldie days lol

KingFu
03-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Sniper's Battle Crossbow... epic weapon back in the oldie days lol

Used to be my favorite weapon. It's kinda trash now:( 1.4 speed and looks weird after V1.4

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 07:17 PM
The end of the semester is drawing near, so it's time for finals -_-. the only finals I'm looking forward to are the ones dealing with my majors (illustration and 2D/3D animation.) I was fortunate enough to grab the "choose your own topic" slot (there were 6 slots, each with a set subject and to be filled by only two students each) and the topic of my choice was to design a video game weapon. Of course since I'm posting it in the forums my choice was for pocket legends.

The point of this thread, is to decide on a one weapon in the pocket legends universe to do for my final. So which of the weapons should I do? Cast your votes and I'll tally them up here :).

Bro you need help? if you export it as an .obj i can touch it up for you in blender 3D.

http://www.ffxhost.net/uploads/files/47/whitegemstonecap.png
http://www.ffxhost.net/uploads/files/47/greengemstonecap.png
http://www.ffxhost.net/uploads/files/47/redgemstonecap.png

Kossi
03-31-2011, 07:21 PM
make lone's talon!!!111!!!!oneoneone!!!@!!!!at sign#@@@@
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2218-Please-make-my-talon!!!!!

RedRyder
03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Frenz how about I do the models and I'll send em over to you for the textures ;)

KingFu
03-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Frenz how about I do the models and I'll send em over to you for the textures ;)

Make that crossbow that you made on your iPod ages ago!!!!!!

romgar1
03-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Most autoCAD owned programs could be saved as pdf. I vote for kopesh as well. I want to make red work for that A. My final project in school was taking some guys crude invention and making a marketable version in molded plastic. I had a working 3d drawing with a short vid showing the internal gears work and an explode view at the end. Good luck red.

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 08:05 PM

Awesome! Can i pick the weapon? I choose the Raid roach recurve with White gems? :)?
(i already have a gem uv layoung and gem from that hat i made, so u can just make the bow.)
if u want me to supply you with the Tracing images, i will.

Also, export it as a .obj, cause i can import those with all colors and stuff already on.

RedRyder
03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Make that crossbow that you made on your iPod ages ago!!!!!!

Haha after my final I promise! Thanks for the idea though, I COMPLETELY forgot about it

Awesome! Can i pick the weapon? I choose the Raid roach recurve with White gems? :)?
(i already have a gem uv layoung and gem from that hat i made, so u can just make the bow.)
if u want me to supply you with the Tracing images, i will.

Also, export it as a .obj, cause i can import those with all colors and stuff already on.

I'm kinda already caught in between two :/ (Sunblessed scimitar and Kopesh of Anubis)
And thanks rom!

Lesrider
03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Khopesh gets my vote, then!
Sunblessed Scim is kinda boring.

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Haha after my final I promise! Thanks for the idea though, I COMPLETELY forgot about it

I'm kinda already caught in between two :/ (Sunblessed scimitar and Kopesh of Anubis)
And thanks rom!

Sunblessed scim i think. I don't want to do the animations for the khoseph... way to much work to do that fire within the glass.
Also, the UV i think might be pretty hard to do, considering its almost impossible to look at an image from an exact side view to trace.
That's why i mostly do head items or the whole model(eagle) itself.

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 08:47 PM
if you want, you can use one of the things i've done before.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/037/4/1/bandos_godsword_by_spencerimbleau-d38ymph.png
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/037/5/5/bandos_godsword_by_spencerimbleau-d38ymcx.png

I will send you the obj or .blend if you want, also whichever you chose, these are old, i'd touch them up anyways. as in make the blade shinier, pointier or anything.

Lesrider
03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Frenzyn, this is Max's homework -- I'm sure he'd like to do some of the work himself.

romgar1
03-31-2011, 08:56 PM
*Stands in cs shop saying: Can I have a 3d modeling program?*

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Frenzyn, this is Max's homework -- I'm sure he'd like to do some of the work himself.

I doubt it matters, he can choose. Its his decision if he wants to, i'm not saying he has to. ;)

RedRyder
03-31-2011, 10:06 PM
lol yea i have to do all the work myself, afterall this is my final. all work must be done by me. i was asking for your assistance, since you seemed enthusiastic to help, on future projects not pretaining to my final, but still PL related.

goatycoady
03-31-2011, 10:11 PM
Lightning bolt staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

RedRyder
03-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Lightning bolt staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

doing the kopesh lol

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 10:19 PM
doing the kopesh lol

sweet send me it, i'll touch it up and add textures when your done. :)