PDA

View Full Version : All these signatures, without outlines?

Robot
03-30-2011, 10:44 PM
I like all the signatures on the forums, creative, and look good, but why not just outline them with a little black. It makes your picture feel complete, just use pencil (01 - in gimp) + Shift for a straight line. I was just wondering if the not outline was not on purpose or was it? Just wondering...

RedRyder
03-30-2011, 10:49 PM
It preference. If the person didn't want an outline, then there's no need for one lol

Artemis
03-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Do YOU have a Pauly D sig? I think not :o

Robot
03-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Is there a really good signature maker here? I kinda want a 'pro' one.

@Art, ohnoes, your right, Ill get one right away.

Artemis
03-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Then you prob want MysticalDream. Or Klemen. Or Rebel.

giayuan
03-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Look for "Rebel".

Ladylove
03-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Teheee you should go pester Pharcyde ;) He'd love that.

Robot
03-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Yes his signatures look the best by far. Mystical's look decent too! Or maybe I will try my hand at it, I dunno D=.

@Lady, you mean he does not do custom requests? Because his signatures has an outline, and is very well thought out...

Ladylove
03-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Haha Pharcyde does sigs, yes. Great ones, but he doesn't like people askin ;) He had some trouble with his Photobucket account and I think he got tired of it.

RedRyder
03-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Rebels good too. He did mine

Robot
03-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Yes his are good D=, I came from a forum where well, half the community had the most amazing signatures ever, there was a base community of artists, a guy named Joe was the most active, that were just amazing...

RedRyder
03-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Besides myself, Pharcyde, rebel, and junside are the only guys I know of/can remember/still active that are artistic. Hopefully the future will bring more.

Potawto
03-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Besides myself, Pharcyde, rebel, and junside are the only guys I know of/can remember/still active that are artistic. Hopefully the future will bring more.

D: me too!

Robot
03-31-2011, 12:43 AM
D= it is fun messing around with gimp n stuff.

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 06:06 AM
"Besides myself, Pharcyde, rebel, and junside are the only guys I know of/can remember/still active that are artistic. Hopefully the future will bring more."
Killed me a little.

Also, I hate outlines.
Nuff said.

RedRyder
03-31-2011, 06:12 AM
D= it is fun messing around with gimp n stuff.

Even runner with adobe illustrator

I hate outlines.
Nuff said.

I feel like it constricts my work

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Even runner with adobe illustrator

I feel like it constricts my work
It's mostly the fact it doesn't look good to me.
When i do an outline anyways, i just merge visible at the end, make the canvas size bigger and just use a stroke in blending options.
but i don't anyways. It looks bad.

Beanmachine
03-31-2011, 06:26 AM
Hodnett did mine..classic

I wonder wheres he's been.

Acyer
03-31-2011, 06:41 AM
Do YOU have a Pauly D sig? I think not :o

Cabs heeeeere!!!!!

StompArtist
03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
Rebel did mine. It has Squirrels in it. Need I say more?

Otukura
03-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Eww.... i hate outlines

Klemen
03-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Im not a "pro" ikr. I just know the bases atm, but i wanna learn way more, to bad only youtube is my teacher, and i can only use unoriginal programs :(

hawkei
03-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Haha Pharcyde does sigs, yes. Great ones, but he doesn't like people askin ;) He had some trouble with his Photobucket account and I think he got tired of it.

Hmm... I'm gonna ask him:rolleyes:

Rebel
03-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Outlines can look good depending on what kind of outcome you are looking for. As Red said, to me, it usually just constricts my working space. On occasion, I add an outline and set it to overlay, so it still has the same feel as the rest of the sig. Anyway, I've been busy as hell lately. I haven't even touched Photoshop in the past couple of weeks.

Ex. of border/unborder

Unbordered:
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj401/camodawg/Picture2-5.png
See on this one, how the effects seem to fly off the page. They seem as though they aren't just contained in a tight square, but the picture is just a small cropping of a bigger image

Bordered:
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj401/camodawg/Picture1.png
As with this sig, the mind sees it as a framed portrait. Everything is fit inside that small rectangle.

That's how I see it. Anyway, if I had time on my hands, I would be all for making a sig, but as of now, I'm just super busy. Good luck though!

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Outlines can look good depending on what kind of outcome you are looking for. As Red said, to me, it usually just constricts my working space. On occasion, I add an outline and set it to overlay, so it still has the same feel as the rest of the sig. Anyway, I've been busy as hell lately. I haven't even touched Photoshop in the past couple of weeks.

Ex. of border/unborder

Unbordered:
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj401/camodawg/Picture2-5.png
See on this one, how the effects seem to fly off the page. They seem as though they aren't just contained in a tight square, but the picture is just a small cropping of a bigger image

Bordered:
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj401/camodawg/Picture1.png
As with this sig, the mind sees it as a framed portrait. Everything is fit inside that small rectangle.

That's how I see it. Anyway, if I had time on my hands, I would be all for making a sig, but as of now, I'm just super busy. Good luck though!

Nice.

And i don't use borders, even if it calls out for one. i'd far give a Gaussian blur on the edges rather than a nasty rounded border.

Echelong
03-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Im not a "pro" ikr. I just know the bases atm, but i wanna learn way more, to bad only youtube is my teacher, and i can only use unoriginal programs :(

Klemen there is an app that teaches you how to use CS5 on the iPhone. I only read about it I have yet to download it. I think its via youtube style videos.

Klemen
03-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Im downloading a tutorial on the pc :P dam 30 more hours till its down.