PDA

View Full Version : Decrease MANA USAGE of MAGE .

Hoardseeker
04-26-2015, 01:02 AM
So,I've seen all Classes' Mana cost for Skills, The mage Skills Mana Cost is Triple much than other classes,Its like telling at those warriors "You got much health,Take triple damage from mobs than other classes".Please Reduce mana Cost for Mages too and Make it EQUAL to other classes.

For Example, Warrior's Axe throw's mana cost is 88.8mana BUT Mage's Fireball Skill Uses 204mana(Mages mana Cost are 153-204mana) but its too Less for other Classes, Again,Its like saying "Warriors got Much health ,Take Triple damage from mobs"

EDIT: I need feedbacks,So I posted in this Section.

Hoardseeker
04-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Mage has the lowest mana cost of all 3 classes. Try rogue, you will have a heart attack when you see how much mana they use

No! Rogues have Low Mana ,So their Mana run out soon,We are talking about Mana Cost and not about How fast mana runs out in all classes

nevercan
04-26-2015, 01:12 AM
No! Rogues have Low Mana ,So their Mana run out soon,We are talking about Mana Cost and not about How fast mana runs out in all classes
To say it more easy= why the skil of mages cost more mana to use then tank/rouge? ( i dunno if its treu cuz im to lazy to cheack)

Goldeneye83
04-26-2015, 01:18 AM
Mages should use the most mana, and also have the highest mana pool. As long as your primary stat is int, you should be fine. My main is mage, and I have logged by far the most time on him, and have no issues with mana usage - like others have said try a rogue and see how quickly the mana depletes.

Hoardseeker
04-26-2015, 01:18 AM
I just added an example to the thread

Hoardseeker
04-26-2015, 01:20 AM
I can go an entire boss fight in arena without hitting a single mana pot. A rogue has to spam mana almost as fast as hp pots. Sorry, but this is not an issue for mages.

So you say your mana never depletes?

Serancha
04-26-2015, 01:41 AM
I use 3x as many mana potions as healing potions on rogue.

On mage, I use about 1/5 as many mana potions as healing pots.

You may say that is irrelevant but when it comes down to it, this shows how mana cost on mage is a non-issue. Mages have the lowest overall potion cost of all three classes, in my experience.

Fyrce
04-26-2015, 02:23 AM
Not a problem for mages. I have same experience as Serancha -- mage has lowest pot costs, rogue has much much higher.

jn2002dk
04-26-2015, 03:10 AM
Just echoing what others have said

My sorcerer never runs out of mana and i use the least potions on him

Go play a rogue and you'll eat through mana potions in no time

ClumsyCactus
04-26-2015, 03:13 AM
How much manapots rogues have is pretty much irrelevant...
While i agree, having the same Cost for your skills would be like giving you infinite mana.
Also, I can imagine it would take more mana to create a fireball than throw an axe ;)

nevercan
04-26-2015, 03:15 AM
How much manapots rogues have is pretty much irrelevant...
While i agree, having the same Cost for your skills would be like giving you infinite mana.
Also, I can imagine it would take more mana to create a fireball than throw an axe ;)
Imagin shooting without any arrows with ya who just spawn in your bow!

twoxc
04-26-2015, 03:58 AM
Lol sorry but I had to laugh seeing how it's a problem for Mage's skills costing more mana to use. I do also notice Mage has the most mana regen for almost everything HAHAHAHA XD. No offense but I think this is a troll thread hehe

Appeltjes
04-26-2015, 05:41 AM
Warriors need to have low mana costs because they tend to have low mana, these skills are old and in te beginning of AL tanks probably didn't have more then 500 mana :p

coldheart
04-26-2015, 07:55 AM
It's cuz mages have lots of mana........

Hoardseeker
04-26-2015, 07:57 AM
It's cuz mages have lots of mana........
Did you read that Quote?its like telling warriors "take triple damage from mobs than other classes cuz u got more hp"

Haligali
04-26-2015, 08:49 AM
Did you read that Quote?its like telling warriors "take triple damage from mobs than other classes cuz u got more hp"

A good warrior take triple damage as your mage, because he stand in front of you and aggro the mobs.

Mana is a useless stat for mages.

Titanfall
04-26-2015, 09:29 AM
I loled so hard I almost fell of my bed

Raregem
04-26-2015, 10:06 AM
Reading this my first thought was... Really!?!? If mages didn't have such a large supply of mana then it would be an issue. Since this is not the case, this thread gives of the impression that it was made just to complain about something.

With soooo many other problems that actually effect game play this is just inane.

Sfubi
04-26-2015, 10:10 AM
I play all three classes. Sorcerers need very little pot support when running daily quests. Rogues on the other hand require a ridiculous amout of mana pots for the daily quests.

The best comparrison is running the planar daily quest. My sorcerer does not have the heal skill, neither does my Rogue. I use twice the pots running my rogue through the planar daily. My Rogue and Sorcerer are pro just shy of arcane rings so the comparison is legit. Also my Rogue has the planar pendant and my Sorcerer is wearing an event neck piece so.....

No, the mage does NOT need a mana useage decrease!

Kakashis
04-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Lol try a rogue

Visiting
04-26-2015, 10:42 AM
While mages have the highest mana using skills of the three classes, the other classes don't have access to 6K+ mana reserves .-.

JohnnyHardcore
04-26-2015, 12:10 PM
So,I've seen all Classes' Mana cost for Skills, The mage Skills Mana Cost is Triple much than other classes,Its like telling at those warriors "You got much health,Take triple damage from mobs than other classes".Please Reduce mana Cost for Mages too and Make it EQUAL to other classes.

For Example, Warrior's Axe throw's mana cost is 88.8mana BUT Mage's Fireball Skill Uses 204mana(Mages mana Cost are 153-204mana) but its too Less for other Classes, Again,Its like saying "Warriors got Much health ,Take Triple damage from mobs"

Yaahh.. not a problem for mages. Mage at 41 in legendaries will need 2-3 mana pots per run. Add mythics and, well.. I forget the last time my mage needed a mana pot. And I don't use heal.

Newcomx
04-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Sorc need better defense (armor/health). Mana usage never been a problem for me.

Arrowz
04-26-2015, 08:10 PM

Mana cost is irrelevant if mages still run out of mana slower than the other 2 classes. Rogues are also the only class that doesnt have a skill that replenishes mana so why are you complaining about the class with triple the mana of other classes

JohnnyHardcore
04-26-2015, 10:06 PM

And your example and idea is like saying "I'm warrior and my hp drops too fast when I manage to have aggro. Nerf enemy damage please."

It is a NON-ISSUE. After level 25 a sorcerer basically has to senselessy cast every spell they have for 4-6 minutes to drain their mana. That's an average, everyday mage

End game this is an even more ridiculous discussion. That's like saying rogues should have the highest damage output for single target of all the classes. Oh wait....

If you want something changed for mage pick something useful. Like giving us real legs and maybe a neck.

azagreoralu
04-27-2015, 12:13 AM
Low mana for mages is only a low level problem. Atm i never run out off mana even if a spam skills. It has been like a week since i used a mana pot.

Jirikjurasek
04-27-2015, 04:19 AM

You look at it with wrong point.
Warriors and rogues work with MATERIAL. Their magic is only to hit harder or aim better. But they did it through arrows, swords, hammers, bombs...they add only a bit of magic.
Mages, on the other side, work with pure energy. When whole attack is magical, you need much more mana.

;-)

Haligali
04-27-2015, 08:27 AM
If you checked the skill descriptions for mana usage, maybe you noticed that there is another important information which is the cooldown. All the rogue main skill have 2 sec cooldown (aim,nox,pierce) while sorcerer main skills have longer cooldown (fireball 4 sec, lightning, ice 3 sec, timeshift 10 sec). In order to be an efficient mage, you need to charge almost all your skills every time - fireball does not stun if uncharged, timeshift does not root if uncharged, a charged frost bolt can freeze more mobs if you stand right next to them, uncharged gale force only stuns. A rogue in opposite just spams everything without charging, there is only a few situation where rogue skills need to be charged (eg. charge nox on big group of mobs). This means a rogue consumes mana much more faster despite the lower mana cost of each skills, plus a sorcerer got an average 3-4 time larger mana pool.

All in all, mana is a worthless stat for mages, 6-6500 or 5000 mana, you dont ever notice. Mana regen as pet happyness bonus only important for warrior and rogue classes. Sorcerer arcane kershal weapon with a mana regen proc is one of the biggest fail in the history of the game.

Jazzi
04-27-2015, 08:55 AM
The class that has the lowest mana potion consumption is most definitely mage. The skills of a mage might require the highest absolute figure in mana, but relative to the class's mana pool, skills released per time unit and resource regeneration their effective mana consumption in economical terms (mana pots) is lowest ;)

Pillowhead
04-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Is this thread for real, are you mages never going to stop complaining.
Buff that, buff that.
Nerf that on rogues, nerf that on warriors, buff us mages.
Really, coman man.

JohnnyHardcore
04-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Is this thread for real, are you mages never going to stop complaining.
Buff that, buff that.
Nerf that on rogues, nerf that on warriors, buff us mages.
Really, coman man.

Heeey nao! 80% of mages want warrior balancing to see more love. It's only the other 20% that are doing... All this.

Omisace
04-28-2015, 02:25 PM
A sorcerer's skill uses only about 3-4% of his mana pool while a rogue uses 5-10% depending on their max mana. Also like others has said rogues dish out skills faster because they had to as they work that way to be efficient. This isn't the case for most sorcerer's skills that needs charging etc unless you're on a boss fight where spamming lightning, ice and fb is like being a rogue only with a MUCH bigger mana pool.

Fun fact: sorcerer is the only class with a skill that can recover mana always without help from pots, pets, procs, and taking damage.