PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Nightmares Quest Reward Question

Duped
03-31-2011, 09:43 AM
1. Which is the best item to get (ie worth the most and then which item is actually best to use for the class)?

I have an level 33 archer and I was planning on getting the Black Ice Talon and the Black Ice Crossbow, but if the items aren't better than what I can buy, I will just get whichever is worth the most to sell :)

2. Are they sellable?? I never see them in CS so I am unsure.

Ayrilana
03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
1) They're all junk. The greens that drop while farming for pelts/snowballs are better.

2) No

wvhills
03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
I asked the same thing to higher lvls in game while I was playing FN and I was told by the time you finish the quest you'll be leveled up to where you'll have better gear than what you get from finishing the quest.

kopi
03-31-2011, 12:19 PM
the rewards have the same stats as the pink drops in nightmare dungeon. For example, brain freeze black-ice wand, is the same as brain-freeze ice wand that u can loot from FN. Its the look, it's in black.

it's not tradable.

braluk
03-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Useless item. I was only really able to get steam on this quest after 50 (where I could run the map myself, for the most part). For me, doing this quest was only for completeness's sake. The best part about this is getting pinks you can sell. Money earned on map is not very much and after 35, you no longer get any experience or kills added to your stats. So it's really for a useless item. If you have a crew that you can tag along with that is in process of completing quest, I say tag along and at least try to get experience from this. Being a lower level might also increase your odds of getting decent pinks (at least this has been in my experience when I play with lower level players in maps I am farming).

Sky../
03-31-2011, 03:11 PM
@braluk

Frozen nightmare does not give exp, regardless of level.

Duped
03-31-2011, 05:12 PM
I should clarify, I have a level 33 archer, but he wasn't going to do the quest. My level 50 bear and Mage were going to do it and give him the items :). I get too frustrated of being dependent upon the higher level guys to make it thru a level at level 33. I like to help those guys when I can, but it's too long of a quest to try as a level 33 for me.

Nightarcher
03-31-2011, 08:58 PM
The black ice items don't do anything more than regular Frozen nightmares pinks except look better. I keep them because it shows you accomplished one of the harder quests. :)

(proud owner of all 6 black ice items)

RueMorgue
04-01-2011, 06:23 AM
I chose the black ice crossbow and gave it to my alt archer. I was very happy with it as compared to the other level 30 items normally available. More range , froze enemies at times, good regen, etc. Not worth it to use on the character doing the quest for reasons mentioned above.

Jinlac
04-01-2011, 07:28 AM
I've never seen it ig, but i can imagine it looks sick :o As soon as i hit 56 i'll try to do that quest^^

krazii
04-01-2011, 08:05 AM
The black ice items don't do anything more than regular Frozen nightmares pinks except look better. I keep them because it shows you accomplished one of the harder quests. :)

(proud owner of all 6 black ice items)

Exactly, the items are a mark of a good accomplishment. Also, if you are leveling a different character, get the ones for that, when you hit lvl 30, they can be useful until you get the equivalent pink from nightmares (I think pink drop has one more of one of the stats).

Good Luck, I remember taking screenies of the day I got my last snowball (each of three times).

Kraz

Kalielle
04-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Frozen nightmare does not give exp, regardless of level.

It does now. (Thanks to Chantilily for pointing it out :)). Had a bit of fun last night there on my level 29 bear - and leveled to 30 too.

Duped
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I got my yeti pelts done and got the crossbow too. I'm really glad to have it, and it does look crazy! If they were sellable, they would cost a decent amount I'm sure! Only problem I see is that most people have no idea what it is, and just think its another weapon not knowing how awesome it really is.