PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Playstyle Guides

Arterra
03-31-2011, 01:43 PM
If you have a method of clearing a dungeon effectively not spoken of below, say so and get credit for it!
I just felt like summarizing a few methods I recently have been practicing on, and giving them names.

1) Classic, normal clearing
MVP
-anyone, anytime, anywhere
Method
-walk into a room full of mobs as a group and cast what is needed to take out the enemies within.
Notes
-Works well enough, basically the actions a random party takes when they decide not to organize themselves into something.
-tip: in rooms with minibosses, have yourself targeting the miniboss and let the aoe spells kill the smaller mobs for you.
-tank has hardest time defending weaker players since he has no time to assert his aggro before mages and birds blast away.

2) Round-up
MVP
-Tank
-aoe backup
Method
-A well armored tank goes ahead into a dense crowd of mobs while the rest of the team waits patiently at the entrance of the room.
-Tank circles the area, aggravating all mobs to him.
-After he brings the train of mobs back to the rest of the team, everyone lets loose with all they have to quickly dispatch of the enemy.
Notes
-party may risk a total wipe if the mob of mobs is not taken out fast enough
-tanker may become a pot addict, unless uses buffs right and has good gear.
-tanker better not lose buffs that keep it alive by blowing up barrels, or step on an exploding grate and be propelled back into the mobs
-does not work efficiently with mobs that constantly rubber band you in place.

3) Cornering
MVP
-Bears
-aoe backup
Method
-bear walks slightly ahead of group so as to position himself in the middle of the enemy, and next to a wall/corner.
-uses beckon to bring all mobs into one spot, and makes sure to stomp them even further together.
-Backup goes in and blasts all mobs to death.
Notes
-does not require the bear to be str, he just has to get the enemy together before he can let the others do the dirty work.
-allows for combos: beckon, ice, stomp (2 combos) hellscream, weakness/nightmare (combo) thorns, lightning (combo) scream, blast (combo). while other rounding up techniques also let you, this method get the highest mob concentration in a single area.

4) Rush / Kite
MVP
-Tank
-aoe backup
-single target remover (helps)
Method
-the lone tank runs ahead of everyone... and keeps going until he hits a room with LOTS of mobs, a crossroad, or just a resting spot lol.
-the backup aoe dealers maybe a distance of 4-8 behind him, blasting away at the mobs the tank throws around.
-the "remover" makes sure to deal with those lucky enough to be passed. (bird of course is best)
Notes
-Hardest playstyle to pull off, requires a good team with decent damage.
-does not require a bear, but having the tank beckon in the mobs in larger rooms helps the aoe dealers and keeps things moving.
-high pot count for tank. (yet again, good gear and buff dependent)
-if the team laggs behind, can be switched to a round up method, where the tank turns around and leads the mobs back to the party (before they reach their leash)

The Smart Strategy
MVP
-Anyone w/ aoe skills
Method
-Use all buffs and run as fast as you can into the mobs. Spam all skills (aoe's most effective) as you run as far as you can into the dungeon. If a wipe occurs, rinse and repeat.
Notes
-You will die many times while using this strategy
-You may become angered and throw your Ipod/pad across the living space you are occupying
-Those who have the money or wish to spend the money may buy damage and armor elixirs to travel that extra yard into the dungeon.
-It is basically impossible to actually clear a dungeon using this method
-Once you get to a boss, you are screwed
-BUT
............... It is very fun!

Thanks for reading. This strategy is copyrighted by Rebel, and may be used when in dire need of a good time.

JaytB
03-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Very nice guide! I especially liked the combo's you described here. I wish everybody reads this...

Just 1 remark about the pot usage for the bear. I use fortified most of the time, except for roundups (where I use a combination of regular fury and royal sewer for the high dodge %). and to be honest, in a roundup, I might use 10 pots tops. There are few occasions really where I need a healthpot with my tank.

Edit:
This is my strategy as a tank for a roundup:
I make sure taunt keeps being stacked, and run in. When I'm about to turn back, or when I start to take dmg, I cast evade and if needed ironblood (usually iron blood later). Just keep taunting my way back then. I also found that dodge in this case is way more important than armor.

Arterra
03-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Very nice guide! I especially liked the combo's you described here. I wish everybody reads this...

Just 1 remark about the pot usage for the bear. I use fortified most of the time, except for roundups (where I use a combination of regular fury and royal sewer for the high dodge %). and to be honest, in a roundup, I might use 10 pots tops. There are few occasions really where I need a healthpot with my tank.

the pot usage is a general term, i might have put some personal experience in BS with hate gear pally ;)

edit: in fact, some estimates might be extreme due to me using the hardest example. edited the pot usage parts

JaytB
03-31-2011, 02:08 PM
the pot usage is a general term, i might have put some personal experience in BS with hate gear pally ;)

edit: in fact, some estimates might be extreme due to me using the hardest example. edited the pot usage parts

When I was a level 50 tank, I didn't even really know what a true roundup was. So I can't really speak about how it feels to do this with hate gear. Pot usage will certainly be way higher ;)

Rebel
03-31-2011, 03:11 PM
The Smart Strategy
MVP
-Anyone w/ aoe skills
Method
-Use all buffs and run as fast as you can into the mobs. Spam all skills (aoe's most effective) as you run as far as you can into the dungeon. If a wipe occurs, rinse and repeat.
Notes
-You may become angered and throw your Ipod/pad across the living space you are occupying
-Those who have the money or wish to spend the money may buy damage and armor elixirs to travel that extra yard into the dungeon.
-BUT

Thanks for reading. This strategy is copyrighted by Rebel, and may be used when in dire need of a good time.

JaytB
03-31-2011, 03:18 PM
The Smart Strategy
MVP
-Anyone w/ aoe skills
Method
Notes
-BUT

First I was like o.O, then I was like <:-D

Arterra
03-31-2011, 03:32 PM
lol rebel, added since it really is something that happens all too often. basically a variation of the Classic technique, just that is usually involves all mage parties and at least 2 powerleveled people in there

StompArtist
03-31-2011, 03:38 PM
You forgot the run deep within the dungeon. Discover that enemies are after you. Run back to the spawn point hoping the enemies will reset or a superior player will come along and kill them. Repeat until done.

Arterra
03-31-2011, 03:45 PM
You forgot the run deep within the dungeon. Discover that enemies are after you. Run back to the spawn point hoping the enemies will reset or a superior player will come along and kill them. Repeat until done.

just a form of round up that failed from the get-go :)