PDA

View Full Version : The Keeper and your shield are the two together?

Goodest
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
There is a debate in game on rather the keeper "steals" mana shields from other mages or some how uses elf's mana shield in a way to make his better.....

The keeper.

I say this is BS with killing him countless times.
I have even got bored and a level 48 bird and my level 52 bird killed him no other help and he used his shield countless times.

want users thoughts on this topic

StompArtist
03-31-2011, 02:26 PM
There is a debate in game on rather the keeper "steals" mana shields from other mages or some how uses elf's mana shield in a way to make his better.....

The keeper.

I have even got bored and a level 48 bird and my level 52 bird killed him no other help and he used his shield countless times.

This is a Pocket Legend the keeper does not steal mana shields.

Lesrider
03-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Where do people come up with these things?

Goodest
03-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Where do people come up with these things?

I really have no idea but my mage has been booted three times now for using mana shield while killing keeper...

Groad
03-31-2011, 02:31 PM
It's so funny that this is still confusing to players. Why does the myth continue?

kiitz
03-31-2011, 02:32 PM
The shield is annoying as hell, but no the keeper doesn't steal it. It does indeed prevent 100% of damage.

Here is another question - is the shield active duration only based on a timer, or does damage in anyway help bring it down? I've always been under the impression that shield is on a timer. I always see people blasting away, blowing cooldowns while the shield is up though which seems pointless, and even stupid because then when the shield comes down for the 5-10 seconds after, they don't have their big cooldowns (rage, BOM, focus)

The thing is that there are other aliens that put up shields... i don't remember which ones - but in AO2. It might be that those shields just last much shorter, but it feels like you can DPS through them... Any thoughts?

Doubletime
03-31-2011, 02:36 PM
While I mean this in the politest sense, this has been discussed numerous times on this forum (I think there was even a thread yesterday) and it is always the same. This is just a false myth of the game.

The booting for using a mana shield is just silly.

Besides, just kill him before the shield comes up, its easier that way. :)

Lesrider
03-31-2011, 02:36 PM
I really have no idea but my mage has been booted three times now for using mana shield while killing keeper...

Wow.
The PL collective IQ keeps getting lower and lower.

Well, look at it this way, I guess -- they made it easy for you to choose whether to put them on your friends list (or ignore them) ;)

braluk
03-31-2011, 02:42 PM
We need mythbusters for PL!

Goodest
03-31-2011, 02:42 PM
The shield is annoying as hell, but no the keeper doesn't steal it. It does indeed prevent 100% of damage.

Here is another question - is the shield active duration only based on a timer, or does damage in anyway help bring it down? I've always been under the impression that shield is on a timer. I always see people blasting away, blowing cooldowns while the shield is up though which seems pointless, and even stupid because then when the shield comes down for the 5-10 seconds after, they don't have their big cooldowns (rage, BOM, focus)

The thing is that there are other aliens that put up shields... i don't remember which ones - but in AO2. It might be that those shields just last much shorter, but it feels like you can DPS through them... Any thoughts?

You are incorrect the shield provides him some help but not 100% my bird can hurt him with the shield up easy I have also killed him with his shield up. So the point you push is wrong
I have a level 53 bird 200 Dex and death set.

StompArtist
03-31-2011, 02:45 PM
The Keeper stole my arrows.

Goodest
03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
While I mean this in the politest sense, this has been discussed numerous times on this forum (I think there was even a thread yesterday) and it is always the same. This is just a false myth of the game.

I do see your point on this I did search it and read a few of the threads. but my post count is low.

Goodest
03-31-2011, 02:47 PM
The Keeper stole my arrows.

he stole my talons...

superss
03-31-2011, 02:51 PM
i think he dose! whenever i turn mine on his comes on an mine turns off

Moogerfooger
03-31-2011, 02:58 PM
This myth is just wrong, wrong and wrong and has been discussed before. The shield is just on a time, roughly 45 seconds if I recall from someone who had roughly figured it out.

Most if not all of the other bosses with shields in AO2 and AO3 can have their shields removed with Blast Shot...but not the Keeper. Many a time I have nailed another shielded boss with Blast Shot the instant his shield has visibly gone up and it came right back off.

Moogerfooger
03-31-2011, 02:59 PM
i think he dose! whenever i turn mine on his comes on an mine turns off

Sorry, just not true. It is on a timer, and it happened to come on right as you hit your mana shield, or right as yours ran out.

I have gone in there with parties with no mages - all bears and birds - and guess what? The shield comes on no matter what.

Yvonnel
03-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Nice sig pic Mooger

Sky../
03-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Nah, if the party was silly enough to believe this, i don't think they are capable of lilling keeper that fast.

Physiologic
03-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Sorry, just not true. It is on a timer, and it happened to come on right as you hit your mana shield, or right as your ran out.

I have gone in there with parties with no mages - all bears and birds - and guess what? The shield comes on no matter what.

Nice sig pic Mooger

I concur, epic sig.

Moogerfooger
03-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Nice sig pic Mooger

Thanks! Came up with it in about 10 mins the other night when I was bored :D

JaytB
03-31-2011, 03:10 PM
*cough* search function *cough*

Moogerfooger
03-31-2011, 03:12 PM
*cough* search function *cough*

But that requires work and 12 seconds of time :cool:

Hayabusaz
03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
lmmaaaooo..........

StompArtist
03-31-2011, 03:24 PM
There is also people saying firestorm heals the keeper...

JaytB
03-31-2011, 03:28 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/69b5be69.png

hawkei
03-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Lawl..........

Lesrider
03-31-2011, 03:34 PM
There is also people saying firestorm heals the keeper...

Lol I think I'll spread a rumor that Big Luck heals the Queen whenever you get a re-roll!

StompArtist
03-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Lol I think I'll spread a rumor that Big Luck heals the Queen whenever you get a re-roll!

If you wear big Love she won't target you!

FluffNStuff
03-31-2011, 03:40 PM

Is that before or after you steal the host's pink?

Moogerfooger
03-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Is that before or after you steal the host's pink?

Well, that depends...it only works if you unequip all gear before fighting Cockroach. The 1-7 fist damage is epic.

JaytB
03-31-2011, 03:43 PM
is that before or after you steal the host's pink?

:) lmao :)

FluffNStuff
03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Well, that depends...it only works if you unequip all gear before fighting Cockroach. The 1-7 fist damage is epic.

Of course you have to unequip your gear before fighting the cockroach. How else are you supposed to eat his garbage?

Moogerfooger
03-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Of course you have to unequip your gear before fighting the cockroach. How else are you supposed to eat his garbage?

Well, I thought that if you equipped level 30 greens you automatically did more damage to the garbage cans. THEN you get nekkid and fight Roachie au naturel.

FluffNStuff
03-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Well, I thought that if you equipped level 30 greens you automatically did more damage to the garbage cans. THEN you get nekkid and fight Roachie au naturel.

Sure, if you want to destroy the garbage cans. But if you unequip first and click on cans with bare hands, you will actually start eating the garbage, which makes you super strong like it does him. In fact, if you eat enough, it can raise your crit rate as high as 500!

Moogerfooger
03-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Sure, if you want to destroy the garbage cans. But if you unequip first and click on cans with bare hands, you will actually start eating the garbage, which makes you super strong like it does him. In fact, if you eat enough, it can raise your crit rate as high as 500!

Sweet, I will be sure to let everyone know. But if I cast Blast shot, I heard he catches my arrows and throws them back six times as hard and actually steals pinks out of your inventory at the same time.

JaytB
03-31-2011, 03:58 PM

Yes, I heard that too. This way you do 5x damage and every hit reduces armor with 50%.

Lesrider
03-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Don't forget that the garbage's stink wilts your Big Luck!

FluffNStuff
03-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't forget that the garbage's stink wilts your Big Luck!

That would explain why mine is now Little Luck. <JK> I demand a refund :) </JK>

Doubletime
03-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Lol. I like the Big Love theory. Lets start the rumor -- wear your hearts and the queen won't cut out yours.

Fyrce
03-31-2011, 08:01 PM
OMG, Love love love this thread. Hilarious.

BTW, consider yourself lucky to have gotten booted, Goodest. These people are not worth your precious time.

Sooo funny.

Lesrider
03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
The devs should confirm the truth about some of these theories for April Fool's ;)

Luchta
03-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Keeper has a timer on the shield. I estimate it's 20-25 seconds. Could be more. Could be less. But his shield is down for a shorter period of time maybe 8-12 seconds estimate. Found this out when I grouped with 4 bears months back. Yes it took us forever to kill it.

Luchta
03-31-2011, 11:11 PM
The secret code to get your archer to reach 999 crit 999 armor is: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left Right, Blast, Scream, Wall, Root, Wave then Logout.

LADYHADASSA
03-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Lmao this pocket legends/ myth busters is a riot!! Lmao booted for using mage shield
! seriousley?!?

"face palm"

:0

JaytB
04-01-2011, 12:04 AM

The keeper.

Had about 3 secs of spare time, so posting the link to another threat I could recommend you read (the keeper thing is in there too somewhere)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21600-The-Stupid-In-Game-Rumors-Thread&highlight=magic+shield